Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Some Trust Person 14:12 - Nov 26 with 26008 viewsDarran

How many co-oppers have applied for co-option and when will we find out who’s been co-opted?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FAO Some Trust Person on 14:26 - Nov 26 with 3896 viewsJackfath

How many places are there to fill?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

FAO Some Trust Person on 14:27 - Nov 26 with 3890 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Are you expecting communication?

From the Trust???

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

FAO Some Trust Person on 14:28 - Nov 26 with 3885 viewsmax936

FAO Some Trust Person on 14:27 - Nov 26 by Joe_bradshaw

Are you expecting communication?

From the Trust???

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

FAO Some Trust Person on 14:35 - Nov 26 with 3869 viewsexiledclaseboy

FAO Some Trust Person on 14:26 - Nov 26 by Jackfath

How many places are there to fill?

Four.

Poll: Tory leader

FAO Some Trust Person on 14:36 - Nov 26 with 3864 viewsJackfath

FAO Some Trust Person on 14:35 - Nov 26 by exiledclaseboy

Four.

I wonder how many applications they've received. Anyone know what the next stage is?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

FAO Some Trust Person on 14:43 - Nov 26 with 3854 viewsexiledclaseboy

FAO Some Trust Person on 14:36 - Nov 26 by Jackfath

I wonder how many applications they've received. Anyone know what the next stage is?

The remaining members of the Trust board (including, presumably, the ones who are no longer eligible to be on the board having served more than 12 years) vote on who should be co-opted.

FAO Some Trust Person on 14:45 - Nov 26 with 3848 viewsJackfath

FAO Some Trust Person on 14:43 - Nov 26 by exiledclaseboy

The remaining members of the Trust board (including, presumably, the ones who are no longer eligible to be on the board having served more than 12 years) vote on who should be co-opted.

Do the members get to read what the applicants have written as their applications?

FAO Some Trust Person on 14:52 - Nov 26 with 3836 viewsexiledclaseboy

FAO Some Trust Person on 14:45 - Nov 26 by Jackfath

Do the members get to read what the applicants have written as their applications?

Not as far as I’m aware.

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Some Trust Person on 14:53 - Nov 26 with 3832 viewsJackfath

FAO Some Trust Person on 14:52 - Nov 26 by exiledclaseboy

Not as far as I’m aware.

When will we all know who's been lucky enough to represent us?

FAO Some Trust Person on 15:13 - Nov 26 with 3800 viewsUxbridge

14 applicants. That's a record by some distance I gather.

Unenviable choice ahead. Which, in itself, is a pretty standard state of affairs these days...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

FAO Some Trust Person on 15:22 - Nov 26 with 3779 viewsexiledclaseboy

FAO Some Trust Person on 14:53 - Nov 26 by Jackfath

When will we all know who's been lucky enough to represent us?

I don’t know.

FAO Some Trust Person on 15:22 - Nov 26 with 3778 viewsJackfath

FAO Some Trust Person on 15:13 - Nov 26 by Uxbridge

Unenviable choice ahead. Which, in itself, is a pretty standard state of affairs these days...

That's impressive. Will members know who they all are or is that held just for the current board? When will members know the results?

FAO Some Trust Person on 15:23 - Nov 26 with 3775 viewsDarran

FAO Some Trust Person on 15:13 - Nov 26 by Uxbridge

Fantastic to hear.

Thank you for informing us.

When will we know the outcome?

FAO Some Trust Person on 15:26 - Nov 26 with 3762 viewsJackfath

Another question, sorry. Do the applicants get interviewed or is it all based on the personal statement? Will the statements ever be in the public domain?

FAO Some Trust Person on 15:30 - Nov 26 with 3749 viewsexiledclaseboy

FAO Some Trust Person on 15:26 - Nov 26 by Jackfath

Another question, sorry. Do the applicants get interviewed or is it all based on the personal statement? Will the statements ever be in the public domain?

There’s no mention of interviews on the Trust site. Just applications and a vote of existing board members.

FAO Some Trust Person on 15:35 - Nov 26 with 3738 viewsDarran

FAO Some Trust Person on 15:30 - Nov 26 by exiledclaseboy

There’s no mention of interviews on the Trust site. Just applications and a vote of existing board members.

How do you know so much about this?

FAO Some Trust Person on 15:36 - Nov 26 with 3733 viewsmonmouth

If there are 14 decent applicants then ANYONE over 12 years, without being too rude, should just f**k off now. Anything else is outrageous, as they can't moan that they are putting themselves out because no one else will do it, it is clearly because they like the status. That is exactly what is not needed when you are trying to negotiate - or not - the best deal.

In fact, anyone over half a dozen years should just go. You have failed. Miserably. Lets get mostly new blood in now, and give them a vote.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FAO Some Trust Person on 15:37 - Nov 26 with 3733 viewsexiledclaseboy

FAO Some Trust Person on 15:35 - Nov 26 by Darran

How do you know so much about this?

Because it’s on the Trust website you dullard. Here look.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2017/11/16/opportunity-to-be-co-opted-onto-the-swan

FAO Some Trust Person on 15:38 - Nov 26 with 3729 viewsDarran

FAO Some Trust Person on 15:37 - Nov 26 by exiledclaseboy

Because it’s on the Trust website you dullard. Here look.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2017/11/16/opportunity-to-be-co-opted-onto-the-swan

Oh I see no need for the abuse.

FAO Some Trust Person on 15:55 - Nov 26 with 3690 viewsJENKINSOUT

My application is in sounds like lots of competition

Poll: is the res right or wrong on jenkins

FAO Some Trust Person on 15:58 - Nov 26 with 3682 viewsJackfath

Mine too.

FAO Some Trust Person on 16:07 - Nov 26 with 3661 viewsEilian

id imagine that you are looking at a week or two before they announce who is to be selected.

I wouldn't be surprised if the deal with the club was finalised first.

I hope at least some of the applications are better than mine, as my application was quite rushed. I made a last minute decision to apply. The only reason I did it is that I was worried that not many people would bother to apply. The Trust needs all the help it can get in my opinion.
FAO Some Trust Person on 16:17 - Nov 26 with 3636 viewsexiledclaseboy

FAO Some Trust Person on 16:07 - Nov 26 by Eilian

id imagine that you are looking at a week or two before they announce who is to be selected.

I wouldn't be surprised if the deal with the club was finalised first.

I hope at least some of the applications are better than mine, as my application was quite rushed. I made a last minute decision to apply. The only reason I did it is that I was worried that not many people would bother to apply. The Trust needs all the help it can get in my opinion.

The Trust board can’t take any decisions in its current form. The Trust’s rules (those pesky things again) state clearly that if the number of board members drops below 12 the only proactive thing the remaining board members can do is fill the vacancies until the board is up to 12 (at least) members again. The current board shouldn’t even be negotiating with the club at the moment.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2017 16:20]

FAO Some Trust Person on 16:21 - Nov 26 with 3615 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Some Trust Person on 16:17 - Nov 26 by exiledclaseboy

The Trust board can’t take any decisions in its current form. The Trust’s rules (those pesky things again) state clearly that if the number of board members drops below 12 the only proactive thing the remaining board members can do is fill the vacancies until the board is up to 12 (at least) members again. The current board shouldn’t even be negotiating with the club at the moment.

Actually, that's a very good point. Even counting ones that should be timed out there are only 11 members at the moment aren't there. And there were only 11 when these latest negotiations have been happening in the past couple of weeks.

I imagine the new model rules allow less and so we'll pretend that the Trust rules are the same. As with the term limits.
FAO Some Trust Person on 16:28 - Nov 26 with 3594 viewsNeath_Jack

FAO Some Trust Person on 16:17 - Nov 26 by exiledclaseboy

Going by Uxy's post t'other night, it seems that they are going to ignore (or word it however they want) the 12 year rule and carry on regardless anyway.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024