Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Some Trust Person 14:12 - Nov 26 with 25877 viewsDarran

How many co-oppers have applied for co-option and when will we find out who’s been co-opted?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FAO Some Trust Person on 09:49 - Nov 29 with 1349 viewsswancity

FAO Some Trust Person on 09:43 - Nov 29 by Darran

Martin Morgan said he didn’t know so why did everyone else know?

I'm not sure I believe that, not for one minute

Certain people clearly knew about it. I'm confident that some within the Trust knew too.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

FAO Some Trust Person on 09:49 - Nov 29 with 1349 viewsDarran

FAO Some Trust Person on 09:47 - Nov 29 by MoscowJack

Saying "The Trust" knew or didn't isn't really right. In my opinion, it's whether the key people in the Trust knew and by that I mean Huw Cooze and Phil Sumbler as they were the two main people (as Trust Rep on the Board and Chairman) at the time.

I firmly believe (100%!) that neither Phil nor Huw knew anything until the deal was announced (or leaked) at the time. I was in Swansea at the time the deal became public and, without going into too much detail, I saw the fury on many faces behind the scenes.

Whether anyone else within the Trust knew is another story and I have no idea about that one. We can only guess and make assumptions.

I agree.

FAO Some Trust Person on 09:59 - Nov 29 with 1332 viewsNookiejack

With elected Board members Phil Sumbler and Will Morris and unelected co opted members Mathew Griffiths and Ian James resigning (please correct me if I am wrong).

Who is now the PUPPET MASTER?

Cath Dyer and Sian Davies were recently elected and joined the Board in August? I assume it is not them.

Who came up with the idea (the thought leadership) for the alternate voting system which ensured zero chance of litigation ever being taken?
FAO Some Trust Person on 10:03 - Nov 29 with 1326 views34dfgdf54

Saying "The Trust" knew or didn't isn't really right. In my opinion, it's whether the key people in the Trust knew and by that I mean Huw Cooze and Phil Sumbler as they were the two main people (as Trust Rep on the Board and Chairman) at the time.

I firmly believe (100%!) that neither Phil nor Huw knew anything until the deal was announced (or leaked) at the time. I was in Swansea at the time the deal became public and, without going into too much detail, I saw the fury on many faces behind the scenes.

Whether anyone else within the Trust knew is another story and I have no idea about that one. We can only guess and make assumptions.

After speaking to a few people, who are more educated than me in Trust dealings etc, I am also of the opinion that no one at the Trust, including HC knew about the sale. I have said the opposite in the past though admittedly and apologise unreservedly to those I jumped to conclusions on. I had no right. Lack of legal action and the silence didn't sit well with me.

However, I am very confused about why the Trust aren't jumping at the chance of getting people such as Lisa, ECB and the Res on board. It's in desperate need of a shake up. Without ever meeting all three personally, I still have no doubt all three has what it takes to help the Trust move forward again.
FAO Some Trust Person on 10:08 - Nov 29 with 1308 viewsDarran

FAO Some Trust Person on 10:03 - Nov 29 by 34dfgdf54

After speaking to a few people, who are more educated than me in Trust dealings etc, I am also of the opinion that no one at the Trust, including HC knew about the sale. I have said the opposite in the past though admittedly and apologise unreservedly to those I jumped to conclusions on. I had no right. Lack of legal action and the silence didn't sit well with me.

However, I am very confused about why the Trust aren't jumping at the chance of getting people such as Lisa, ECB and the Res on board. It's in desperate need of a shake up. Without ever meeting all three personally, I still have no doubt all three has what it takes to help the Trust move forward again.

Great post though I don’t know if I agree that all three should be co-opted but two out of that three should be a definite.

FAO Some Trust Person on 10:13 - Nov 29 with 1304 viewsNookiejack

FAO Some Trust Person on 09:34 - Nov 29 by MoscowJack

Not that it particularly matters to some, but you don't want to know how many times he's been into the Boardroom either! You really don't want to know!!!

Isn't anyone else curious that he's also the brother of Steve Hamer.....the consultant who advised the Americans how to buy the club?

Of course there was a Chinese wall between Nigel Hamer and his brother Steve Hamer, the rain maker.

You have a deal maker like Steve Hamer - then you have his unelected brother the secretary of the Trust Board who appears to have been involved for at least 14.5 years.

It really doesn’t smell right?
FAO Some Trust Person on 10:25 - Nov 29 with 1280 viewsTheResurrection

That's just an aside. The Trust's culpability remains due to the fact Cooze was clearly in breach of a conflict of interest therefore completely the wrong man at the wrong time and them doing NOTHING TO ADDRESS THIS.

Also the Trust were given sound advice after the first attempted take over to take a hardline and make some demands.

They didn't, they just left Cooze in the hot seat with all that was being said about him and waited while Rome burned.

Darren and his merry band of sly snides did their best to belittle, berate and ban posters that were raising these serious questions.

This is why the Trust failed us.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

FAO Some Trust Person on 10:26 - Nov 29 with 1279 viewsNookiejack

FAO Some Trust Person on 10:13 - Nov 29 by Nookiejack

Of course there was a Chinese wall between Nigel Hamer and his brother Steve Hamer, the rain maker.

You have a deal maker like Steve Hamer - then you have his unelected brother the secretary of the Trust Board who appears to have been involved for at least 14.5 years.

It really doesn’t smell right?

For information

‘Chinese wall is a business term describing an information barrier within an organization that was erected to prevent exchanges or communication that could lead to conflicts of interest. For example, a Chinese wall may be erected to separate and isolate people who make investments from those who are privy to confidential information that could influence the investment decisions. Firms are generally required by law to safeguard insider information and ensure that improper trading does not occur.’
Login to get fewer ads

FAO Some Trust Person on 10:28 - Nov 29 with 1275 viewsDarran

FAO Some Trust Person on 10:25 - Nov 29 by TheResurrection

That's just an aside. The Trust's culpability remains due to the fact Cooze was clearly in breach of a conflict of interest therefore completely the wrong man at the wrong time and them doing NOTHING TO ADDRESS THIS.

Also the Trust were given sound advice after the first attempted take over to take a hardline and make some demands.

They didn't, they just left Cooze in the hot seat with all that was being said about him and waited while Rome burned.

Darren and his merry band of sly snides did their best to belittle, berate and ban posters that were raising these serious questions.

This is why the Trust failed us.

FAO Some Trust Person on 10:37 - Nov 29 with 1261 viewsTheResurrection

FAO Some Trust Person on 10:28 - Nov 29 by Darran

Darren won't change, he will always be the same.

And his history shows he's got no clue on most matters he interferes with, but it doesn't stop him doing his damnedest to make light of serious issues, bait and taunt posters and deflect away from anything important he disagrees with.

He's been a huge problem for Phil and I know this personally.

Expect more hysterically laughing emojis but the fact is, most posters on here realise how much of a rat he is.

Pretty sad individual.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

FAO Some Trust Person on 10:39 - Nov 29 with 1252 viewsNookiejack

FAO Some Trust Person on 07:51 - Nov 29 by MoscowJack

Fair enough....it's not often I get accused of being naive ;)

What if these "interviews" were held over the phone or VC, instead of face-to-face in Swansea? Would that help? Would that be a fair compromise?

I would also like to know who would be on the interviewing panel as one particular non-Board member, possibly the most power in the Trust at the moment, worries me the most. He's the one who wrote to Chris...and then didn't follow up as promised.

How could Nigel Hamer possibly be on the interview panel?

He is not elected!!
FAO Some Trust Person on 10:42 - Nov 29 with 1245 viewsNookiejack

FAO Some Trust Person on 09:34 - Nov 29 by MoscowJack

Not that it particularly matters to some, but you don't want to know how many times he's been into the Boardroom either! You really don't want to know!!!

Isn't anyone else curious that he's also the brother of Steve Hamer.....the consultant who advised the Americans how to buy the club?

Do you know in what role he has been in the Boardroom?
FAO Some Trust Person on 10:44 - Nov 29 with 1244 viewsDarran

FAO Some Trust Person on 10:37 - Nov 29 by TheResurrection

Darren won't change, he will always be the same.

And his history shows he's got no clue on most matters he interferes with, but it doesn't stop him doing his damnedest to make light of serious issues, bait and taunt posters and deflect away from anything important he disagrees with.

He's been a huge problem for Phil and I know this personally.

Expect more hysterically laughing emojis but the fact is, most posters on here realise how much of a rat he is.

Pretty sad individual.

Yes I’m really really sorry that I’ve single handedly destroyed Swansea City.

FAO Some Trust Person on 11:00 - Nov 29 with 1226 viewsNookiejack

FAO Some Trust Person on 10:42 - Nov 29 by Nookiejack

Do you know in what role he has been in the Boardroom?

So Nigel Hamer:-

1. Has been involved with the Trust Board for at least 14.5 years ( the rule for elected Board members is 12 years)
2. Is unelected (unelected co-opted Board members serve 1 year)
3. Has a brother Steve Hamer who is a rain maker and is a broker to the deal with the Yanks.
4. has allegedly attended the Board in the past (TBC in what capacity)
5. is involved with negotiating current deal with the Yanks

Shouldn’t he step down immediately?
FAO Some Trust Person on 11:29 - Nov 29 with 1183 viewsTheResurrection

FAO Some Trust Person on 11:00 - Nov 29 by Nookiejack

1. Has been involved with the Trust Board for at least 14.5 years ( the rule for elected Board members is 12 years)
3. Has a brother Steve Hamer who is a rain maker and is a broker to the deal with the Yanks.

it's not for me to answer this but naturally you think back to the huge issues of conflicts of interest and the Trust's governance review.

Was it covered, was it even looked at?

FAO Some Trust Person on 11:32 - Nov 29 with 1177 views34dfgdf54

Can someone from the Trust answer these questions then? Ux?

Edit - Or just a yes or no to all of the above points made by NJ
[Post edited 29 Nov 2017 11:32]
FAO Some Trust Person on 11:45 - Nov 29 with 1155 viewsMoscowJack

FAO Some Trust Person on 11:32 - Nov 29 by 34dfgdf54

Can someone from the Trust answer these questions then? Ux?

Edit - Or just a yes or no to all of the above points made by NJ
[Post edited 29 Nov 2017 11:32]

If a rule about 12 years max in power can be so blatantly ignored, so can a lot of other things too.

It's not just the Trust's communication that's shocking but the lack of transparency is too.

I actually think, ironically, that the Trust has lost the trust of most of us, which really is sad.

Fresh blood is needed and not just nodding dogs willing to tow the line. We need people who aren't afraid of asking these questions and demanding HONEST answers.

Maybe it's time for an amnesty for the Trust? By that I mean they can come clean about all the questionable things that are going on, as they all seem to be coming out one-by-one.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

FAO Some Trust Person on 11:46 - Nov 29 with 1153 viewsmonmouth

1. Hamer should have gone with Morris
2. Lisa and Andrew should already have been installed
3. Anyone else over 12 years, better still 6, should be gone to accommodate fresh thinking, not clinging on like demented limpets.

Chris might actually be better as a loose cannon terrorist, given the ridiculous position that no one is allowed to publicly disagree with the board consensus. This is an organisation representing supporters, not a corporate cabal. Joke organisation.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FAO Some Trust Person on 12:15 - Nov 29 with 1114 viewsTheResurrection

FAO Some Trust Person on 11:46 - Nov 29 by monmouth

3. Anyone else over 12 years, better still 6, should be gone to accommodate fresh thinking, not clinging on like demented limpets.

Chris might actually be better as a loose cannon terrorist, given the ridiculous position that no one is allowed to publicly disagree with the board consensus. This is an organisation representing supporters, not a corporate cabal. Joke organisation.

Why thank you for your kind description.

A loose Canon terrorist. Great. 😉

People are a bit precious it seems, ooh he used a swear word at me, ooh I'll see if I can make him react by winding him up....

A lot need to man up or get out of the way. If you've got something to say then say it, stop dithering and hiding behind each others backs and Bullshit collective responsibility. If I was on the Trust Board the first thing I'd say is I'm not adhering to that and my reasons, well just look at the mess you've made of it all and the lack of direction and trust you've caused.

Loose Canon terrorist, most of you would be none the wiser if it wasn't for me.

FAO Some Trust Person on 12:15 - Nov 29 with 1114 viewsShaky

FAO Some Trust Person on 23:35 - Nov 28 by chad

 
Could I ask those standing for the Trust Board a question please

In light of the following background:

At the time the first sale failed (and with foresight) many of the supporters at that Trust meeting (myself included) expressed concern about the cosy relationship between our Board Director and the rest of the sellouts. It was obvious they wanted to sell and we really needed to be on our metal.

Huw C. had already (in the media when representing us) referred to the sale as an “investement”. At the meeting he expressed his sympathy for his fellow SCFC Board members and also seemed confused about the simplest of terms in relation to the sale. Others were also raising conflict of interest concerns for any Board members with contractual relationships with the club, and general concerns about lack of control on length of service of Trust Board members.

Although known to the Trust Board, it was not made known to us at the time that our Trust Director was also receiving significant financial payments from the club. In fact subsequently the Trust Vice Chair (another who it was said had benefitted from contractual relationship with the club) repeatedly went into print to state Huw C was receiving no payment.

No comment was made to correct these totally false public statements by a senior official of the Trust to its members, until it eventually was forced out when direct questions were repeatedly asked here some time later.

Even when that official subsequently resigned, no criticism of those false statements, nor formal apology for deceiving the members was made by the Trust.

With all these concerns including general concerns about perceived closed shop, length of service / the same people in post long term, came the review (which the Chair had promised, when the concerns were originally raised at the meeting at the time the first sale failed).

Here’s the question

Are you happy that a review of the Trust rules based primarily on the 3 pillars of addressing

- Conflicts of interests
- Overlong service
- Transparency and communication

Resulted in:

1. Ongoing plans to drop even the protections provided by the 12 year limit rule on service and refusal to adhere to the current rules in the meantime

2. formalised and contractual suppression of Board members serious concerns
from the new operating rules that resulted I quote...

9. Definition of Disciplinary Offences are:
- It shall be considered a disciplinary offence for a Society Board member to publicly criticise or to otherwise undermine any decision or policy of the Board.

It seems incongruous to me that a review driven by those specific concerns, should result in significant parts, in rules / planned rules, to cement into Trust statute, suppression of concerns of Trust Board members and removal of even already extremely loose limits on time served.

Surely as a Trust Board member you would be required to sign up to these rules (which I know go against many previously held principles) and presumably this means all your concerns in the world would be as naught if you were outvoted, you would be gagged by your contractual requirements and dragged along.

Is this a serious concern to you, as a major drawback when trying to reform from within?

If so would you think mentioning this at interview would put you at a disadvantage

And for those of you unhappy about interviews do you not think it a fair way to validate the written statements in a situation where applications exceed vacancies. It is certainly not a novel idea and everyone must be treated equally, to do otherwise would be unprofessional and give rise to the same concerns of cronyism that have been directed at the previous Board.

However if the Board may pick who they wish, then certainly in humankind there is a natural inclination for survival of self and one’s own ideas and principles and these certainly would be best protected by not bringing in too many with strongly opposing views and values.

However without strongly and tirelessly opposing views we will not evolve into an organisation fit for purpose.

Good post.

Where did you get these new rules from and what is their status (proposal for the membership/already adopted by the board)?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

FAO Some Trust Person on 12:17 - Nov 29 with 1105 viewslondonlisa2001

Keith Harris was the broker for the deal.
FAO Some Trust Person on 12:25 - Nov 29 with 1077 viewswaynekerr55

FAO Some Trust Person on 12:15 - Nov 29 by TheResurrection

Why thank you for your kind description.

A loose Canon terrorist. Great. 😉

People are a bit precious it seems, ooh he used a swear word at me, ooh I'll see if I can make him react by winding him up....

A lot need to man up or get out of the way. If you've got something to say then say it, stop dithering and hiding behind each others backs and Bullshit collective responsibility. If I was on the Trust Board the first thing I'd say is I'm not adhering to that and my reasons, well just look at the mess you've made of it all and the lack of direction and trust you've caused.

Loose Canon terrorist, most of you would be none the wiser if it wasn't for me.

Back on track - I hope you're still putting yourself forward.

PM me or DM me on Tw8tter and I'll sign your form!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

FAO Some Trust Person on 12:26 - Nov 29 with 1073 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Some Trust Person on 11:46 - Nov 29 by monmouth

Chris should be co-opted. The shake up needs to happen internally in my view

Clasie should also be co-opted.

Spratty should be as well, if she has applied (I think she said so, but not certain).
FAO Some Trust Person on 12:31 - Nov 29 with 1055 viewsNookiejack

FAO Some Trust Person on 12:17 - Nov 29 by londonlisa2001

Keith Harris was the broker for the deal.

I stand corrected

Posters do seem to think that Steve Hamer is connected or has a past connection to Keith Harris though?
FAO Some Trust Person on 12:33 - Nov 29 with 1044 views34dfgdf54

FAO Some Trust Person on 12:26 - Nov 29 by londonlisa2001

Chris should be co-opted. The shake up needs to happen internally in my view

Clasie should also be co-opted.

Spratty should be as well, if she has applied (I think she said so, but not certain).

Also yourself Lisa.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024