Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Some Trust Person 14:12 - Nov 26 with 25874 viewsDarran

How many co-oppers have applied for co-option and when will we find out who’s been co-opted?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FAO Some Trust Person on 11:49 - Nov 27 with 2376 viewswhiterock

FAO Some Trust Person on 11:23 - Nov 27 by max936

The old school tie brigade is alive and well in 2017.

I'm struggling to believe that 14 are standing for 4 places, that's brilliant, here's something picked up from 2012 AGM

Adoption of New Model Rules Version 2011 and Amendment to Model Rules:
Proposed by David Little (legal Affiliate) acceptance of the New Model Rules Version 2011 replacing the 2001 Model Rules Version. Adoption unanimously agreed by those present.
FAO Some Trust Person on 12:48 - Nov 27 with 2320 viewsmax936

FAO Some Trust Person on 11:49 - Nov 27 by whiterock

I'm struggling to believe that 14 are standing for 4 places, that's brilliant, here's something picked up from 2012 AGM

Adoption of New Model Rules Version 2011 and Amendment to Model Rules:
Proposed by David Little (legal Affiliate) acceptance of the New Model Rules Version 2011 replacing the 2001 Model Rules Version. Adoption unanimously agreed by those present.

Well that seems pretty clear then, but why were knickers in a twist when it was brought up on here and people had to look into it and also a review of said 12yr and out in the next AGM?
That's what has got tongues wagging and questions being asked.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

FAO Some Trust Person on 13:39 - Nov 27 with 2294 viewsOldbull

In the rules shown on the Trust website, Rule 98 is very clear: "… No change to these rules shall be valid until registered".

If a new version of rules has not been registered (no matter the reason) then those that are registered continue to be the rules and Trust Directors are duty bound to uphold them. The latest Trust statement appears to be an attempt to circumvent these existing rules and if this is correct the Trust Directors have truly lost their way and should stand aside for those who have volunteered to become Directors.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2017 21:39]
FAO Some Trust Person on 16:40 - Nov 27 with 2189 viewsVetchfielder

FAO Some Trust Person on 22:15 - Nov 26 by Uxbridge

It says Feb 2017 when I download the board membership policy document.

Ah OK Ux, I'm getting there slowly.

So the Trust's 2001 "Model Rules" document is not to be superseded by the 2012 "SD Rules" document - my mistake.

You are referring to the "Board Membership Policy" document which is dated Feb 2017 as you rightly say, and not 2016 as you said previously. But Board Membership is only one aspect of the 2001 Model Rules document, so what you now seem to be saying that the 2001 Model Rules is superseded by SEVERAL documents, rather than just one.

There are 10 documents listed on that link to the SD site , so could you please list the ones that will comprise the set of documents that the Trust proposes will supersede the our current single Model Rules document?

Sorry to harp on with this but I'm just trying to be clear as to what the Trust propose the new rules are to be - all the rules , not just Board Membership.

Thanks

Proud to have been one of the 231

FAO Some Trust Person on 18:50 - Nov 27 with 2100 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Some Trust Person on 11:06 - Nov 27 by Shaky

So the new rules weren't actually filed? The dog didn't eat the homework, you simply didn't bother to hand it in!

Two things come to mind: First of all that means all the stuff related to Severability I was discussing clearly doesn't apply. The basic principles of justice still seem to me to demand that members' clearly expressed democratic voting is respected as far as possible, but there is apparently more to this than is in the public domain.

Speaking of which the second point is that Lisa was evidently right all along that the new rules hadn't been filed. But she clearly didn't get that from your past utterances on this board that strongly suggested there was a dispute with the regulator. Since you are basically offering to give ECB the lowdown privately I see no reason to suppose Lisa got this information in any other way.

I have to say I think this is absolutely ridiculous. You're like a bunch of old wimmin gossiping, or primary school children trading secrets in the playground.

And when two of the most serious charges the Trust is facing are cronyism and amateurishness this is not only silly but very, very stupid.

No doubt "the Res" will have more than enough on his plate delivering on the apparent campaign pledge to Make Abertawe Great Again #MAGA2, but i sincerely hope somebody else hits on the significantly less ambitious but still no doubt unbelievably difficult objective of bringing some genuine transparency to Trust affairs.

For the record, I was given no information by Uxbridge or anyone else. I didn't see anything in private about it.
He'd said the same thing before on this forum, (I said so at the time). which was why I was making the comments I was. Including quite specifically the reason why severability didn't apply.
FAO Some Trust Person on 19:00 - Nov 27 with 2074 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’m already beginning to regret those 250 words.

Poll: Tory leader

FAO Some Trust Person on 19:04 - Nov 27 with 2061 viewsJackfath

I must say I'm already enjoying the cosying of certain posters on here.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

FAO Some Trust Person on 19:15 - Nov 27 with 2040 viewsmax936

FAO Some Trust Person on 19:00 - Nov 27 by exiledclaseboy

I’m already beginning to regret those 250 words.

Do you really want to join these

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Some Trust Person on 19:45 - Nov 27 with 1984 viewsZaxx

Pirate's code applies then?
FAO Some Trust Person on 20:22 - Nov 27 with 1928 viewsGaryjack

FAO Some Trust Person on 19:04 - Nov 27 by Jackfath

Yes, i've noticed that as well. Let's hope they all get voted on and stick together on the issues that matter then don't you think?
FAO Some Trust Person on 21:13 - Nov 27 with 1886 viewsNookiejack

FAO Some Trust Person on 19:59 - Nov 26 by Uxbridge

I'm curious who you think was over the 12 Year limit last summer. Plus, it was only a recommendation, it was unanimous as I recall, and the vote was taken by the members. I know you're looking for any crowbar to get past that, but those grounds seem rather spurious.

I'd suggest contacting Supporters direct on the third paragraph. I don't know and one of us would have to ask someone to find out, so it may as well be you!

For me, the AGM would be the logical place for the model rules and the board structure to get addressed. If it wasn't so close them an EGM would have been appropriate IMO, but it is.

Could you please clarify then when the Trust Board recommended the deal the length of term each member had served?

You keep referring to Supporters Direct but they are not the Regulator.

The FCA/PRA is the Regulator and there appears to be outstanding issues.

What are these issues?

The Trust Board therefore was not quorate when it recommended the deal. You can’t just brush over this otherwise what happens in respect of future decisions? For example 3 Trust Board members hold a meeting themselves and make a major decision. Don’t worry it can be ratified at the next AGM???
FAO Some Trust Person on 22:24 - Nov 27 with 1808 viewsPhil_S

FAO Some Trust Person on 21:13 - Nov 27 by Nookiejack

Could you please clarify then when the Trust Board recommended the deal the length of term each member had served?

You keep referring to Supporters Direct but they are not the Regulator.

The FCA/PRA is the Regulator and there appears to be outstanding issues.

What are these issues?

The Trust Board therefore was not quorate when it recommended the deal. You can’t just brush over this otherwise what happens in respect of future decisions? For example 3 Trust Board members hold a meeting themselves and make a major decision. Don’t worry it can be ratified at the next AGM???

I cant answer for everyone but my 12 years looks like they were up in August this year so in terms of the recommendation I was under the 12 years at that point!

Albeit just :D
FAO Some Trust Person on 09:19 - Nov 28 with 1683 viewsNookiejack

FAO Some Trust Person on 22:24 - Nov 27 by Phil_S

I cant answer for everyone but my 12 years looks like they were up in August this year so in terms of the recommendation I was under the 12 years at that point!

Albeit just :D

Thanks Phil

So there is the potential that the Trust Board was quorate when making the recommendation but not at the current moment.

Hopefully Uxbridge can list the Trust Board members and when they commenced serving on the Trust Board.
FAO Some Trust Person on 09:34 - Nov 28 with 1673 viewsNookiejack

The Trust seems to be regulated under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 and regulated by the FCA.

https://www.fca.org.uk/firms/registered-societies-introduction/co-operative-comm

This then links to page 1 of the Trust Accounts under section Company Number.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Swans-Trust-Accounts-201
FAO Some Trust Person on 09:46 - Nov 28 with 1657 viewsNookiejack

FAO Some Trust Person on 09:34 - Nov 28 by Nookiejack

The Trust seems to be regulated under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 and regulated by the FCA.

https://www.fca.org.uk/firms/registered-societies-introduction/co-operative-comm

This then links to page 1 of the Trust Accounts under section Company Number.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Swans-Trust-Accounts-201

Here's a link to the FCA contact form and the Trust's Company Number on the Register is '29289R' and is registered as 'The Swansea City Supporters Society Limited'.

https://www.fca.org.uk/contact

I think if anyone wanted to understand the FCA's position on this - you would select the drop down box and choose 'Non Product Enquiry' and insert the company number.
FAO Some Trust Person on 09:59 - Nov 28 with 1643 viewsJoe_bradshaw

FAO Some Trust Person on 19:04 - Nov 27 by Jackfath

I'm sure you'll shake things up assuming you get co-opted Jackfath.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

FAO Some Trust Person on 10:43 - Nov 28 with 1599 viewsOptimisticJack

In my opinion it would be grossly unfair to make a decision on the basis of a mere 250 word account.
In the interests of fairness all suitable applicants should be given the opportunity to be interviewed.
This is an ideal opportunity for the trust to get things right and to be able to appoint the very best persons for the posts (not necessarily the ones making the most noise).

Optimisticjack

FAO Some Trust Person on 10:44 - Nov 28 with 1597 viewsDafyddHuw

FAO Some Trust Person on 08:48 - Nov 27 by Uxbridge

Yep. Changed by deed poll last year. True story.

You'd have had my vote Spratty if you'd applied. I was merely curious, seeing as I knew a few of the posters who had applied.

You're on fantasy island with the rest of it though. IIRC the membership deadline was cut off the moment the vote was announced, there was no mass influx of members. Everyone had the opportunity to join before that point. And, let's be honest here, the margin of the vote doesn't exactly back up your argument.

To those who have applied, and are ultimately successful, I'm looking forward to passing on the baton or at least sharing the load on posting on here. If anyone fancies administrating the Facebook Group as well, you're going to get my vote!

"...or at least sharing the load on posting on here"

1 - top marks for sticking your head above the parapet, although it's the least we should be expecting from our Trust board

2 - the load wouldn't be on you if the Trust had decidied to have a forum on their website. Can't you see all the questions on here? People are thirsting for Trust information. And yet the Trust board decided (for whetever reason) not to have a forum on their website.
And these little snippets of information that we've managed to glean from you in this thread - how do Trust members who don't use Planet Swnas get to know these details?
FAO Some Trust Person on 20:13 - Nov 28 with 1459 viewsexiledclaseboy

FAO Some Trust Person on 10:43 - Nov 28 by OptimisticJack

In my opinion it would be grossly unfair to make a decision on the basis of a mere 250 word account.
In the interests of fairness all suitable applicants should be given the opportunity to be interviewed.
This is an ideal opportunity for the trust to get things right and to be able to appoint the very best persons for the posts (not necessarily the ones making the most noise).

Looks like you’ve got your wish. I’ve just had an email inviting me to be interviewed due to the high number of applicants. This wasn’t mentioned initially when I decided to apply and I’ve no intention of submitting myself for interview for a voluntary post that I’ve now volunteered for on three separate occasions. So I’m out. Good luck to the rest of you, whoever you may be.

Poll: Tory leader

FAO Some Trust Person on 20:16 - Nov 28 with 1453 viewsJackfath

FAO Some Trust Person on 20:13 - Nov 28 by exiledclaseboy

Looks like you’ve got your wish. I’ve just had an email inviting me to be interviewed due to the high number of applicants. This wasn’t mentioned initially when I decided to apply and I’ve no intention of submitting myself for interview for a voluntary post that I’ve now volunteered for on three separate occasions. So I’m out. Good luck to the rest of you, whoever you may be.

Mental. Absolutely mental.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

FAO Some Trust Person on 20:17 - Nov 28 with 1453 viewsNeathJack

Is there any reason (beyond the lack of will to do it), that these posts can't be voted upon the the membership (a by-election if you like) rather than by application and, as it turns out interview by the current board who so many of us are unhappy with?
FAO Some Trust Person on 20:25 - Nov 28 with 1441 viewsswancity

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

FAO Some Trust Person on 20:39 - Nov 28 with 1408 viewsGaryjack

Fvckin joke! If that rules you out, then Lisa and Chris will follow suit for sure, and the trust board know it. What a carve up, and do you know what? I fvckin knew they'd do something like this. We've got to make a concerted effort now to get the lot of them out.
FAO Some Trust Person on 20:44 - Nov 28 with 1388 viewsmonmouth

FAO Some Trust Person on 20:39 - Nov 28 by Garyjack

Fvckin joke! If that rules you out, then Lisa and Chris will follow suit for sure, and the trust board know it. What a carve up, and do you know what? I fvckin knew they'd do something like this. We've got to make a concerted effort now to get the lot of them out.

Better to put everyone that volunteered in and get the rest of them out in my view. Meanwhile some cling on desperately even though they are breaking their own rules. A Joke organisation.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FAO Some Trust Person on 20:45 - Nov 28 with 1379 viewslondonlisa2001

You are joking.

I have not received anything as yet but you are bloody joking.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024