Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... 08:46 - Nov 27 with 3289 viewsPegojack

Everton really are a basket case at the moment defensively, as highlighted by the pundits. They are not even doing the basics of tracking back with their man. Ashley is a busted flush, they just seem totally disorganized at the back. Watch them sign a new manager and be transformed into a top team again just before we play them.

It must frustrate the hell out of you as a manager when you play a top team, keep them in check for ninety minutes and even carve out chances to win the game, only for a stupid defender to throw it all away in injury time with an ill judged push in the back. I refer to Burnley's James Tarkowski shoving Aaron Ramsey of Arsenal to give away a penalty which Sanchez slotted home for the three points. Shaun Dych was spitting feathers afterwards, but it was his own player's fault. Lee Mason is a crap ref at the best of times, but when your crowd has been booing him solidly for 30 minutes, the last thing you want your defender to do is give him an excuse to award a spot kick. I know Ramsey made a meal of it, but what striker wouldn't?

Huddersfield parked the bus, the articulated lorry and the 747 in front of their goal against Citeh but it still wasn't enough to grind out a point. Citeh are awesome, fair play. I am sh*tting myself to think what they're going to do to us at the Liberty on 13th December. Huddersfield were playing a 1-6-4 formation but it didn't keep them out. Clement will probably try a 1-9-1 line up.
Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 08:49 - Nov 27 with 3278 viewsswancity

Think we need more than the one defender against Manchester City 👍

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 08:49 - Nov 27 with 3277 viewsPegojack

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 08:49 - Nov 27 by swancity

Think we need more than the one defender against Manchester City 👍

That's Fabby, you plank.
Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 08:52 - Nov 27 with 3270 viewsswancity

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 08:49 - Nov 27 by Pegojack

That's Fabby, you plank.

Ah right. All teams play with a goalie see, it's the other ten you need to sort into a formation, you plank.

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 08:58 - Nov 27 with 3248 viewsSTID2017

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 08:52 - Nov 27 by swancity

Ah right. All teams play with a goalie see, it's the other ten you need to sort into a formation, you plank.

I think the planks will be needed over the goals.
Even then they'd still find a way through

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 08:58 - Nov 27 with 3246 viewsPegojack

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 08:52 - Nov 27 by swancity

Thank you most sincerely for your wisdom.
Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 09:00 - Nov 27 with 3241 viewsJango

Only 4 teams have conceded less than us so far this season so defensively we are not as shambolic as some think.
Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 09:03 - Nov 27 with 3230 viewsSTID2017

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 09:00 - Nov 27 by Jango

Only 4 teams have conceded less than us so far this season so defensively we are not as shambolic as some think.

Your right.
Games like Man City suit PC better as he can set up defensively and if we get something he's done well, if we lose it's expected against the best team this season.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 09:44 - Nov 27 with 3151 viewsPegojack

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 09:03 - Nov 27 by STID2017

Your right.
Games like Man City suit PC better as he can set up defensively and if we get something he's done well, if we lose it's expected against the best team this season.

Very true. I don't think there's much doubt we'll see the back five set up that worked well against Spurs at Wembley.
Login to get fewer ads

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 09:55 - Nov 27 with 3126 viewswestside

If we hadn't gifted wins to west ham , Newcastle, etc the table would look a lot different
Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 10:02 - Nov 27 with 3102 viewstrampie

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 09:00 - Nov 27 by Jango

Some of us don't think we are shambolic defensively but shambolic at creating chances, we don't have much in the way of creativity in the team.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 10:06 - Nov 27 with 3092 viewsswancity

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 09:44 - Nov 27 by Pegojack

Very true. I don't think there's much doubt we'll see the back five set up that worked well against Spurs at Wembley.

Back five at home ? Please god no. All it will do is completely hand them possession on a plate, give them territorial advantage and at home you do need to attack. And press them. Take the initiative. Not sit back inviting pressure. At Spurs it certainly didn't work, but somehow we managed to scrape a 0-0. Away from home against a top side you can understand the merit for it though.

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 10:13 - Nov 27 with 3077 viewsPegojack

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 10:06 - Nov 27 by swancity

Back five at home ? Please god no. All it will do is completely hand them possession on a plate, give them territorial advantage and at home you do need to attack. And press them. Take the initiative. Not sit back inviting pressure. At Spurs it certainly didn't work, but somehow we managed to scrape a 0-0. Away from home against a top side you can understand the merit for it though.

How can you say it didn't work at Wembley? We restricted them to one clear chance in the whole game, which fortunately Kane put against the bar. I was there to see it and came out with my head held high, it was a superb professional performance, one of our few this season.
Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 10:27 - Nov 27 with 3043 viewsswancity

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 10:13 - Nov 27 by Pegojack

How can you say it didn't work at Wembley? We restricted them to one clear chance in the whole game, which fortunately Kane put against the bar. I was there to see it and came out with my head held high, it was a superb professional performance, one of our few this season.

Spurs had an incredible 75% possession and 26 goal attempts while the Swans managed not one single attempt on goal. Nothing. Of course our players worked hard and defended as best they could but on another day that had 3-0 or 4-0 written all over it. We were simply not in the game. As you say good fortune, poor finishing and a man of the match performance from Fabianski helped get the point. But don't be fooled into thinking it worked. It will work when we are in the game, get forward, actually score and win a game, then it's worked.

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 10:28 - Nov 27 with 3038 viewspencoedjack

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 09:03 - Nov 27 by STID2017

Your right.

1st half Saturday when we were constantly giving them the ball back to them allowing them to attack us ...... I did think if we do this against Man City they will score 10
Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 10:40 - Nov 27 with 3014 viewsTheResurrection

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 10:27 - Nov 27 by swancity

Spurs had an incredible 75% possession and 26 goal attempts while the Swans managed not one single attempt on goal. Nothing. Of course our players worked hard and defended as best they could but on another day that had 3-0 or 4-0 written all over it. We were simply not in the game. As you say good fortune, poor finishing and a man of the match performance from Fabianski helped get the point. But don't be fooled into thinking it worked. It will work when we are in the game, get forward, actually score and win a game, then it's worked.

No, no, no Nige you keep saying this and you're not right. Fabianski wasn't man of the match, he had little to do. Spurs only had the one chance which Mike has described.

You can have all the shots in the world they don't tangibly mean they were chances.

We deserved that point on a real defensive masterclass.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 10:48 - Nov 27 with 2993 viewsDarran

Anyone that wouldn’t take exactly the same as Spurs against Man City must be painfully thick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 11:07 - Nov 27 with 2946 viewsswancity

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 10:40 - Nov 27 by TheResurrection

No, no, no Nige you keep saying this and you're not right. Fabianski wasn't man of the match, he had little to do. Spurs only had the one chance which Mike has described.

You can have all the shots in the world they don't tangibly mean they were chances.

We deserved that point on a real defensive masterclass.

Opinions mate. I disagree. A lot of them were good scoring opportunities. Luckily Kane had a rare off day too and left his shooting boots in the house. We are better than that.

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 11:20 - Nov 27 with 2930 viewsswancity

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 10:48 - Nov 27 by Darran

Anyone that wouldn’t take exactly the same as Spurs against Man City must be painfully thick.

Id take a lucky 0-0 against Man City, even if they have 50 goal attempts. Would you?

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 12:27 - Nov 27 with 2855 viewsOldjack

Citeh are by far the best team in the league ,do the unexpected and go toe to toe with them or put 11 men on the goal line and still lose ,it's a dilemma

boys, just give them one hell of a game no matter what that's all i ask

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 12:54 - Nov 27 with 2788 viewsPegojack

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 12:27 - Nov 27 by Oldjack

Citeh are by far the best team in the league ,do the unexpected and go toe to toe with them or put 11 men on the goal line and still lose ,it's a dilemma

boys, just give them one hell of a game no matter what that's all i ask

If they've got one small flaw, it's their back four which is a bit ponderous at times.

If we can actually get the ball off them, I'm hoping Tammy can catch them out with his pace.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2017 12:55]
Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 13:18 - Nov 27 with 2737 viewsWarwickHunt

Random thoughts after watching MOTD2 last night..... on 12:54 - Nov 27 by Pegojack

If they've got one small flaw, it's their back four which is a bit ponderous at times.

If we can actually get the ball off them, I'm hoping Tammy can catch them out with his pace.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2017 12:55]

Wilf will score against Citeh - it's the immutable law of the returning (failed) striker.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024