Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Facebook eavesdropping on conversations? 14:50 - Nov 27 with 2682 viewsBLAZE

They've denied it in the past but a group of us were having a conversation yesterday about a programme about transgender people and it was brought up how they have a pump fitted in their nutsack to inflate the old boy so they can have sex... Half hour later my sister logs onto Facebook on her phone and the very first targeted advert she gets was for a penis pump... Too much of a coincidence surely? Shifty as f*ck
Facebook eavesdropping on conversations? on 15:14 - Nov 27 with 2635 viewsNeath_Jack

More worrying is that you are having a conversation with your sister about transgender sex.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Facebook eavesdropping on conversations? on 15:48 - Nov 27 with 2581 viewsTheFranchise

More likely to be tracking cookies displaying ads on fb related to things she's searched for.
Facebook eavesdropping on conversations? on 15:51 - Nov 27 with 2576 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Try another bizarre conversation and see what happens

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Facebook eavesdropping on conversations? on 15:56 - Nov 27 with 2567 viewsBLAZE

Facebook eavesdropping on conversations? on 15:48 - Nov 27 by TheFranchise

More likely to be tracking cookies displaying ads on fb related to things she's searched for.

Well she reckons she's never searched for penis pumps - maybe she has and the bro in law has issues - but I tend to believe her
Facebook eavesdropping on conversations? on 15:59 - Nov 27 with 2559 viewsDarran

Facebook eavesdropping on conversations? on 15:56 - Nov 27 by BLAZE

Well she reckons she's never searched for penis pumps - maybe she has and the bro in law has issues - but I tend to believe her

She might have been searching for them as a favour for Oldjack.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Facebook eavesdropping on conversations? on 16:38 - Nov 27 with 2510 viewsfbreath

See what happens if you start a conversation about Swans winning.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Facebook eavesdropping on conversations? on 19:53 - Nov 27 with 2395 viewsPhil_S

Facebook eavesdropping on conversations? on 16:38 - Nov 27 by fbreath

See what happens if you start a conversation about Swans winning.

I tried that and got an Amazon advert for this

Facebook eavesdropping on conversations? on 07:44 - Nov 28 with 2261 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Ok

Here’s a massive coincidence

My mother in laws plugs sockets blew yesterday , she phoned my Mrs up and they were talking about British Gas coming out to see what’s happing as she has cover for that .

F@ck my eyes, I’ve had a nose on Facebook today and there are adverts for plug socks on there .

And No

My Mrs hasn’t google searched it at all .

It’s this Alexa sh!t I’m telling you .

Turn em off
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 7:46]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Facebook eavesdropping on conversations? on 20:06 - Jul 5 with 1791 viewsBLAZE

Facebook eavesdropping on conversations? on 07:44 - Nov 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Ok

Here’s a massive coincidence

My mother in laws plugs sockets blew yesterday , she phoned my Mrs up and they were talking about British Gas coming out to see what’s happing as she has cover for that .

F@ck my eyes, I’ve had a nose on Facebook today and there are adverts for plug socks on there .

And No

My Mrs hasn’t google searched it at all .

It’s this Alexa sh!t I’m telling you .

Turn em off
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 7:46]

Indeed Tommy

https://www.reddit.com/r/assholedesign/comments/8w9prm/whatsapp_used_my_micropho

Now as that thread shows, these apps (in this case WhatsApp, owned by Facebook) are secretly accessing our microphones even when the apps are closed and not in use. No wonder stories of bizarrely accurate targeted ads are becoming common

Now I have absolutely nothing to hide, but where does this end? As little as 15 or even 10 years ago, the concept of us all carrying around devices that secretely recorded and monitored our every action would sound like something dreamt up by a conspiracy theorist. Yet here we are, and the majority couldn’t give a f*ck as long as as they get their Facebook updates amd Twitter feeds. It’s time for a kickback I think
Facebook eavesdropping on conversations? on 20:24 - Jul 5 with 1744 viewsPozuelosSideys

So the Alexa thing definitely listens to your conversations and then provides the ads. Thats basically what its there for. To do as you tell it to, but of course, there is teh adware like weve seen in the past when downloading stuff like music.

As for facebook, if you think about it, it probably does listen, even when its "switched off". For example. My Samsung Galaxy phone comes pre-installed with the facebook app and you can never delete it. You can just deactivate it. They tell you that it never tracks or stores your data, but it must do. Because you can re-activate it at any time. So something, somewhere in my phone must be tracking my actions, even if it is to turn it on and off. The same applies with the mic. Its never truely "off". Whether its intentional or accidental/error. Its still there.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024