Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tummulu 22:52 - Nov 29 with 25712 viewsGeoffThom

Somebody give the yanks his number ,then we might end up with half decent players in Jan ,just don't tell that knob jenkins 😂😂
Tummulu on 01:15 - May 15 with 1815 viewsTheResurrection

Tummulu on 19:20 - May 14 by Private_Partz

Let's cut to the chase here. We played our best football under ML and had our most success. There were reasons why the second season was not as successful and your mate played a huge part there by not only undermining him but supporting the wrong warring factions.
There are no guarantees of success but trying to recreate your most successful period and not making the same mistakes as previously may not be a bad idea.
Rest easy though. It is very unlikely to happen and the man that can do no wrong in your eyes will carry on at the helm.
Btw questioning the education of posters because they disagree with you is just plain daft. Have a word.

Education in this instance comes in the form of research, analysis and understanding both sides of the argument.

Most on these threads of late, but especially you, won't entertain another angle. You are all so deeply entrenched in confirmation bias you're just fuelling each others miserable tantrums and compounding them into what you will only entertain as hard facts and the truth.

When the real truth is staring you in the face but you can't see the wood for the trees simply because of your agenda and crusade against Jenkins.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Tummulu on 01:18 - May 15 with 1809 viewsTheResurrection

Tummulu on 22:40 - May 14 by MoscowJack

Sorry for the late reply but I'm on holiday and also doing a bit of work so just checking this site before bed.

I've repeated on here many times that MM doesn't feed me stuff.....far from it. I don't like asking about the goings on as it puts him and me in an awkward position. There's LOADS that I would like to ask but don't. We talk about things he's accused of on here and other places as I want to hear it from the horses mouth, not some gobby keyboard warrior just trying to create issues. Also, repeating anything he would have told me on here would be the quickest and easiest way to spoiling a friendship with someone I respect a lot, especially for what he has done for the Swans over the past 12+ years. It's amazing how quickly pepole forget that as we would never have made the Premier League without his help. For those who know MM, they'll know that he didn't do it for the money....he did it because of a genuine and passionate love of the Swans that so many of us have.

My possible mistake, regarding the three that Bayram signed, is based on my bad memory, but nothing else. I have read more than 10-15 articles about Bayram and his football related antics, mainly involving the Swans and corruption at other clubs so sometimes the info gets fuzzy, but it's all there on the Internet if you google it. A simple "Michael Laudrup corruption" search on Google brings up quite a few of those articles.

Look, I have an opinion and it might be right, it might be wrong. Believe what you want or don't believe either......it's your choice. I'm not some spotty kid who posts for wind ups or bravado, but like having a good debate about things that I care about. I firmly believe that Bayram was a very bad long term option for us. Every player coming in or going out would have seen him get richer, and that means we would have been very unstable as a club. Smaller clubs can't afford a high turnover of players, as we've seen more recently.

I agree that Clucas and others wouldn't have been signed with a decent agent or scout, but I also don't think we have to sell our souls to the devil to get a happy medium. On the one hand we can't afford the expensive mistakes that Jenkins has made, but we also can't afford to have an agent control who we buy or sell, whilst making nigh on 30% fees. A club our size can't keep doing that as eventually the luck will run out and we'll end up exactly where we are now but with far less assets (players) as tens of millions will have gone to agents. Don't forget that it was he world famous Mendes who facilitated Sanches deal to join us too. Having agents run the recruitment only works if you're able to retain the agent on extremely silly money. ....and far more money than we have or had.

I can't remember if there's anything that I've missed but apologise if I have. I'll try to reply tomorrow when I will be on my laptop instead of this stupid tablet thingy.

You didn't get the Canas or Pozuelo signings wrong.

He even made money out of their free transfers.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Tummulu on 03:54 - May 15 with 1737 viewsBobby_Fischer

Tummulu on 17:36 - May 14 by Loyal

You are spot on, however he is also fcking bonkers, ive actually heard him talking to a close allie of mine. His eccentric almost lunatic rantings let him down on social media, but when he was helping Huw out to understand the way things work he was gold dust to Swansea. Unfortunately just like Huw did with the fans once they were of no use he blew them out.

We all know that had we stuck with Laudruo and Tutu we would have been ok.

To actually sack a guy who had led us to our first major trophy and a fantastic Euro adventure was madness. This is where it all went wrong, the mismanagement from there on in led us to where we are today.

However I agree, Tutu is no amateur and has a superb track 'record, I'm just thinking nowadays he may have shot his nuts as an agent.

Are you sure you don't drink? Cocaine is hell of a drug?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Tummulu on 06:58 - May 15 with 1658 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tummulu on 01:09 - May 15 by TheResurrection

Nothing like spot on. There is no spot to be on.

Show me the track record.

One that was so superb would be easy to research.

Fill your boots and come back with hard facts, and not what you hoped would be the truth.

"This post has been brought to you from Mr Spot On himself".

Come on Chris, the main thrust here is that old Tutumulu brought in players that actually did take us to the next level, ie European football.

Jenkins' super scouting has taken us to the championship. It really is that simple. Why are you even bothering to argue about something which has NO grey area, it's as black and white as you like ? The facts speak for themselves.

The truth of the matter is that if we'd have gone into that last week with Chico , JDG ET all we'd still be a PL team.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tummulu on 07:16 - May 15 with 1630 viewsclloy2

Tummulu on 06:58 - May 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Come on Chris, the main thrust here is that old Tutumulu brought in players that actually did take us to the next level, ie European football.

Jenkins' super scouting has taken us to the championship. It really is that simple. Why are you even bothering to argue about something which has NO grey area, it's as black and white as you like ? The facts speak for themselves.

The truth of the matter is that if we'd have gone into that last week with Chico , JDG ET all we'd still be a PL team.

Cmon no one can question HJ knowledge and vision, after all lets face it he had the nous to sign championship players, two seasons ahead of actually taking us there. !!
Tummulu on 07:28 - May 15 with 1595 viewsmagicdaps10

Tummulu on 07:16 - May 15 by clloy2

Cmon no one can question HJ knowledge and vision, after all lets face it he had the nous to sign championship players, two seasons ahead of actually taking us there. !!

Haha excellent

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Tummulu on 07:34 - May 15 with 1582 viewsPrivate_Partz

Tummulu on 01:15 - May 15 by TheResurrection

Education in this instance comes in the form of research, analysis and understanding both sides of the argument.

Most on these threads of late, but especially you, won't entertain another angle. You are all so deeply entrenched in confirmation bias you're just fuelling each others miserable tantrums and compounding them into what you will only entertain as hard facts and the truth.

When the real truth is staring you in the face but you can't see the wood for the trees simply because of your agenda and crusade against Jenkins.

Glad to hear it as Educational qualifications and football success are rarely bed partners.
I would entertain many scenarios. The one I won't entertain is carrying on as we are.
Your small town thinking and belief we don't deserve anything better than the clusterfeck we have had to put up with for the last three years wont wash with me.
Change is needed and I will be calling for it along with many others who have a more ambition than you and actually believe we can be better than we currently are.
Brynnie is right though. I think we have covered our respective arguments and there is not much more to say. Suggest we both carry on on our merry way.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Tummulu on 08:18 - May 15 with 1520 viewsMoscowJack

Tummulu on 23:31 - May 14 by DJack

Didn't he say in another thread that he saw Bayram's Instagram post attacking MM so he told him ("as he has a right to reply"). Then MM told him what you said...

Quite why he would need to go running to MM is another thing.

Exaclty. If you saw the face of someone you know on Twitter and Instagram with total lies written about them, wouldn't you let them know? As I said, everyone has the right to reply.

It would be extremely strange if you hadn't.

MM replied to me with a screenshot of an email (sent the previous week) from Bayram offering a business deal, which MM never replied to. It's quite possible that Bayram's rants were sour grapes, although he's taken it a little bit far if that's the case.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Login to get fewer ads

Tummulu on 08:22 - May 15 with 1503 viewscostalotta

Tummulu on 01:18 - May 15 by TheResurrection

You didn't get the Canas or Pozuelo signings wrong.

He even made money out of their free transfers.

Poz wasn’t a free transfer. Canas was. We had been tracking Canas for at least 9 months and quite possibly longer. I’m not so sure about Poz in terms of how long we were looking. Nick suggested that both were bought. So, you’ve both got it slightly wrong. Stick to facts and not an opinion that supports your flawed agenda.
Tummulu on 08:37 - May 15 with 1453 viewsTheResurrection

Tummulu on 06:58 - May 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes, it was I great. I loved it and there has arguably never been a better time.

But it happened for one season. There is nothing to suggest it could happen again, or be sustained. In fact, all the evidence points the other way.

That's the thrust of this thread.

You can never hold up a sample of one and say yeah, that's the the way to go.

Tummulu on 08:41 - May 15 with 1440 viewsTheResurrection

Tummulu on 07:34 - May 15 by Private_Partz

Glad to hear it as Educational qualifications and football success are rarely bed partners.
I would entertain many scenarios. The one I won't entertain is carrying on as we are.
Your small town thinking and belief we don't deserve anything better than the clusterfeck we have had to put up with for the last three years wont wash with me.
Change is needed and I will be calling for it along with many others who have a more ambition than you and actually believe we can be better than we currently are.
Brynnie is right though. I think we have covered our respective arguments and there is not much more to say. Suggest we both carry on on our merry way.

No, you haven't. Not many of you have.

You're ridiculously trying to hold up one season as some kind of magic formula and I'm just saying that's just a potty thing to do.

The man has had little success before and zero after.

You're all just angry and want to lash out at anything.

It's pathetic really and I haven't got any small town thinking. All I'm thinking about is getting back up there.

But there's no harm in being realistic and grateful at the same time. If you don't know your true resources you won't get anywhere.

Tummulu on 08:43 - May 15 with 1436 viewsTheResurrection

Tummulu on 08:18 - May 15 by MoscowJack

Exaclty. If you saw the face of someone you know on Twitter and Instagram with total lies written about them, wouldn't you let them know? As I said, everyone has the right to reply.

MM replied to me with a screenshot of an email (sent the previous week) from Bayram offering a business deal, which MM never replied to. It's quite possible that Bayram's rants were sour grapes, although he's taken it a little bit far if that's the case.

I'm sure he only sent that business proposal out of the goodness of his heart Nick, as that's all he ever wanted for this little Welsh club he'd never heard of, and that was to make them a force to be reckoned with.

Jesus, how much longer to deal with this naivety.

Tummulu on 08:46 - May 15 with 1426 viewsTheResurrection

Tummulu on 08:22 - May 15 by costalotta

Poz wasn’t a free transfer. Canas was. We had been tracking Canas for at least 9 months and quite possibly longer. I’m not so sure about Poz in terms of how long we were looking. Nick suggested that both were bought. So, you’ve both got it slightly wrong. Stick to facts and not an opinion that supports your flawed agenda.

Both were frees according to reports I've read.

And Tutu benefited from them BOTH!! .

So tell me how I've got that wrong?

I thought Nick suggested that Tutu brought them both in. I didn't read it like that but happy to be corrected when I finish this post.

Edit. Yep, Nick said BROUGHT them in.
[Post edited 15 May 2018 8:49]

Tummulu on 08:51 - May 15 with 1407 viewscostalotta

Tummulu on 08:18 - May 15 by MoscowJack

Totally get that Nick.

But, MM is no Saint. No one can dispute what good work he did for the club years ago. And I for one don’t begrudge him or the others for wanting to sell the club. But, it ends there. Everything About that sale stinks. MM has been economical with , well I’m guessing you understand. And, a screen shot ! Come on...Remember those minutes ...

Furthermore, if MM was a pillar let’s say, then he wouldn’t be sharing screen shots to prove something? it would not be in question. Smoke, fire etc... it’s kind of childish behaviour to a point.

By the way, I’m Not saying he didn’t receive a business proposal. I’m sure a man in his position gets them quite frequently.

PS what he could have done re the email bus’ prop’ is forwarded you the email so you can check the headers. That is better proof, if that’s what he’s trying to do.
Tummulu on 08:56 - May 15 with 1393 viewscostalotta

Tummulu on 08:46 - May 15 by TheResurrection

Both were frees according to reports I've read.

And Tutu benefited from them BOTH!! .

So tell me how I've got that wrong?

I thought Nick suggested that Tutu brought them both in. I didn't read it like that but happy to be corrected when I finish this post.

Edit. Yep, Nick said BROUGHT them in.
[Post edited 15 May 2018 8:49]

Because they weren’t both free. Canas was a bosman, Poz was bought and paid for.

Apologies. Just seen your edit. He may have brought them both in. I’m not sure he did with Canas though as we were tracking him for quite a while but happy to be proved wrong.
[Post edited 15 May 2018 8:58]
Tummulu on 09:00 - May 15 with 1375 viewscostalotta

Tummulu on 08:41 - May 15 by TheResurrection

You're ridiculously trying to hold up one season as some kind of magic formula and I'm just saying that's just a potty thing to do.

It's pathetic really and I haven't got any small town thinking. All I'm thinking about is getting back up there.

But there's no harm in being realistic and grateful at the same time. If you don't know your true resources you won't get anywhere.

How do you measure success?
Tummulu on 09:10 - May 15 with 1351 viewsTheResurrection

Tummulu on 08:56 - May 15 by costalotta

Because they weren’t both free. Canas was a bosman, Poz was bought and paid for.

Apologies. Just seen your edit. He may have brought them both in. I’m not sure he did with Canas though as we were tracking him for quite a while but happy to be proved wrong.
[Post edited 15 May 2018 8:58]

Show me where we paid anything for Pndzuelo??

Tummulu on 09:16 - May 15 with 1332 viewsSTID2017

Tummulu on 09:10 - May 15 by TheResurrection

On 2 July 2013, Pozuelo joined Swansea City on a three-year contract for an undisclosed fee, signing alongside teammate José Cañas and becoming the seventh Spaniard in the squad.[6] He scored on his debut for the club, rounding off the scoring in a 4—0 home victory over Malmö FF in the first leg of the third qualifying round of the UEFA Europa League;[7] he netted his second in the same competition and also at the Liberty Stadium on 22 August 2013 in a 5—1 play-off round win against Romania's FC Petrolul PloieÈ™ti.[8]

First line Chris

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Tummulu on 09:17 - May 15 with 1327 viewscostalotta

Tummulu on 09:10 - May 15 by TheResurrection

Errrr. I don’t need to prove anything fella. Your trying to prove a point...anyway.

No. You show we did not yeah? Tell you what post the same time as your list of controversies yeah? The one we’re still waiting for.

PS Have you been scouring google for proof? find anything? Lol.
Tummulu on 09:17 - May 15 with 1321 viewscostalotta

Tummulu on 09:16 - May 15 by STID2017

On 2 July 2013, Pozuelo joined Swansea City on a three-year contract for an undisclosed fee, signing alongside teammate José Cañas and becoming the seventh Spaniard in the squad.[6] He scored on his debut for the club, rounding off the scoring in a 4—0 home victory over Malmö FF in the first leg of the third qualifying round of the UEFA Europa League;[7] he netted his second in the same competition and also at the Liberty Stadium on 22 August 2013 in a 5—1 play-off round win against Romania's FC Petrolul PloieÈ™ti.[8]

First line Chris

You didn’t need to do that but good work anyway.
Tummulu on 09:18 - May 15 with 1319 viewsTheResurrection

Tummulu on 09:00 - May 15 by costalotta

How do you measure success?

Many different ways depending on context. For example you could say Harry Redknapp brought success to Pompey but look where they are now.

And that's a very good comparison as Harry is well renowned for his dabbling in the market and conducting deals with agents that has put him under quite a bit of scrutiny.

I'd also say success was very much confirmed with 7 seasons in the EPL for our football club.

Pretty much to a man none of us would've ever imagined we'd be the 7th longest serving member.

If we can't be proud of that instead of always looking to point fingers and blame well we don't even deserve to get back up there.

Aim for the stars but keep your feet on the ground.

Appreciate how difficult it all is and also really understand there is no magic blueprint for success, and it certainly doesn't come attached to bloody Tutu

Tummulu on 09:19 - May 15 with 1316 viewsPrivate_Partz

Tummulu on 08:41 - May 15 by TheResurrection

OK. Just oma more go.
This WHOLE thread is speculation and something I don't think will happen. Namely ML heading a Consortium as Owner / manager. That is the only way I could see it working. I doubt he could work with the Yanks. It is very likely it ain't going to happen. I don't know how many times I have to say that. I am not open to one scenario.
I would be reasonable with a manger whose end result is the passing game we love plus a Plan B when needed.
On top this we need a recruitment team that can support this scenario. Be it the manager's or in house. They have to be compatible though. They MAY just be able to work with the Yanks is they can source your hungry players across world football.
Not ex players, players who have had one good game against, goalkeepers , or from Falkirk.
To do this Jenkins has to keep his hooter out of recruitment. I would even accept him as a figure head chairman if that was the only way.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Tummulu on 09:19 - May 15 with 1314 viewsSTID2017

Tummulu on 09:17 - May 15 by costalotta

Errrr. I don’t need to prove anything fella. Your trying to prove a point...anyway.

No. You show we did not yeah? Tell you what post the same time as your list of controversies yeah? The one we’re still waiting for.

PS Have you been scouring google for proof? find anything? Lol.

I did in about 2 seconds butt.
Trouble is Chris thinks he knows everything, and won't accept that others like you have alternative viewpoints.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Tummulu on 09:20 - May 15 with 1307 viewsTheResurrection

Tummulu on 09:16 - May 15 by STID2017

First line Chris

So we didn't pay £1.5m then and that undisclosed fee turned out to be money we gave to Tutu.

Tummulu on 09:22 - May 15 with 1295 viewsWarwickHunt

Tummulu on 07:16 - May 15 by clloy2

And a Championship manager long before that...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024