Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Didn't come to win ? 23:03 - Nov 29 with 3992 viewsGeoffThom

Just read news now and this is apparently what clement has said on talk sport😳😳😳😡😡😡😡
Didn't come to win ? on 23:05 - Nov 29 with 3971 viewsPozuelosSideys

We also didnt come with:

- A game plan
- Any attacking intent
- Self Belief
- A clue

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Didn't come to win ? on 23:10 - Nov 29 with 3916 viewsN_T_J

Just read it "confidence before results" WTF
Didn't come to win ? on 23:11 - Nov 29 with 3912 viewsJack_Kass

https://talksport.com/football/chelsea-1-0-swansea-city-swans-boss-paul-clement-

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Didn't come to win ? on 23:20 - Nov 29 with 3845 viewspembsjack

Didn't come to win!! That prick is in charge of our team!lol
Didn't come to win ? on 23:26 - Nov 29 with 3806 viewsJack_Kass

Didn't come to win ? on 23:20 - Nov 29 by pembsjack

Didn't come to win!! That prick is in charge of our team!lol

"Big game today lads, Chelsea away, we're not coming here to win.."

Not to mention a comment like that is surely bringing the game into disrespute? You cant say you're not trying to win games ffs
[Post edited 29 Nov 2017 23:27]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Didn't come to win ? on 07:17 - Nov 30 with 3558 viewsjack247

It’s a stupid thing to publicly admit, but let’s be honest, we all knew he would be going there for a 0-0.
Didn't come to win ? on 07:24 - Nov 30 with 3525 viewsDr_Winston

Didn't come to win ? on 07:17 - Nov 30 by jack247

It’s a stupid thing to publicly admit, but let’s be honest, we all knew he would be going there for a 0-0.

Speaks volumes for his mindset though.

Time and time again last night we had the ball in semi-encouraging positions yet the first instinct of players was to turn and play it square or backwards because they've been drilled to be defensive. It's f*cking cowardly.

I don't mind losing if we're going toe to toe with teams and coming off second best having left everything out there on the pitch. I can accept that. I am having a hard time accepting defeat when we don't even try to win all that much. The lack of interest we have in getting at even the mediocre teams is what will do for us.

Our Premier League run is ending due to managerial timidity.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Didn't come to win ? on 07:30 - Nov 30 with 3506 viewsjack247

Didn't come to win ? on 07:24 - Nov 30 by Dr_Winston

Time and time again last night we had the ball in semi-encouraging positions yet the first instinct of players was to turn and play it square or backwards because they've been drilled to be defensive. It's f*cking cowardly.

I don't mind losing if we're going toe to toe with teams and coming off second best having left everything out there on the pitch. I can accept that. I am having a hard time accepting defeat when we don't even try to win all that much. The lack of interest we have in getting at even the mediocre teams is what will do for us.

To be honest, I’m happy enough for us to park the bus in games like that. Hope to ride our luck to a 0-0.

He needs to buck his ideas up when we aren’t playing the top teams though, or preferably just leave. If we play like that at Stoke it will be a completely different thing.

Your last but one sentence is where I’m at with it as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Didn't come to win ? on 07:32 - Nov 30 with 3500 viewsAnotherJohn

Remember our Chairman taking a pop at Laudrup?

"The biggest thing you need — I've been thinking about this for the last month — and I think we [the board] have got it as people who have been with the club for a long time, is belief that you can compete, because we've encountered reasons why we couldn't compete right throughout each division we were in. (...) We have to make sure whoever comes in to manage, coach and play for us in the future, they can't be talking about different levels of leagues within a league. To me, that is complete failure.

"When I hear some of our players and staff talking [about getting to 40 points] now it really upsets me that they can actually think like that, because you are more or less conceding a third of the games you play in before you start. I find that the hardest thing to take, that we have actually got staff and players that struggle at this point in time to see where we can compete. And that's the biggest challenge I've got, to make sure that turns around and that everybody working with the club believes if we keep doing things differently, we can compete, irrespective of the size of the club or budgets."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/02/swansea-chairman-huw-jenkins-ca

Has he changed his mind about the defeatist attitude against the top teams?
Didn't come to win ? on 07:40 - Nov 30 with 3473 viewsjack247

Didn't come to win ? on 07:32 - Nov 30 by AnotherJohn

"The biggest thing you need — I've been thinking about this for the last month — and I think we [the board] have got it as people who have been with the club for a long time, is belief that you can compete, because we've encountered reasons why we couldn't compete right throughout each division we were in. (...) We have to make sure whoever comes in to manage, coach and play for us in the future, they can't be talking about different levels of leagues within a league. To me, that is complete failure.

"When I hear some of our players and staff talking [about getting to 40 points] now it really upsets me that they can actually think like that, because you are more or less conceding a third of the games you play in before you start. I find that the hardest thing to take, that we have actually got staff and players that struggle at this point in time to see where we can compete. And that's the biggest challenge I've got, to make sure that turns around and that everybody working with the club believes if we keep doing things differently, we can compete, irrespective of the size of the club or budgets."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/02/swansea-chairman-huw-jenkins-ca

He’s not in charge anymore.

All Levein and Kaplan want to do is stay up as cheaply as possible. They look at 17th playing dire football as a massive success as long as the books are in the black.
Didn't come to win ? on 07:51 - Nov 30 with 3426 viewsYossarian

Didn't come to win ? on 07:32 - Nov 30 by AnotherJohn

Top post. It is crystal clear that top end of this club have lost the plot - and this is reflected in appointments and signings that smack more of desperation than foresight and planning. The much vaunted ‘philosophy’ is now exposed as fluke luck rather than any visionary football and business acumen. Why? Because if there was ANY element of that vision- they would NEVER, NEVER have got it so hilariously wrong so consistently since deciding to sack Monk. Turkeys won’t vote for Christmas, so with the current setup, don’t waste emotional energy worrying about our PL future- coz we are down.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Didn't come to win ? on 07:54 - Nov 30 with 3413 views34dfgdf54

Didn't come to win ? on 23:10 - Nov 29 by N_T_J

He's saying that all the time.

He keeps saying performances are more important than results, he's completely lost his marbles.

I'm not judging him on yesterday, Chelsea would beat us 19 times out of 20 at the Bridge even with Mourinho in charge, I'm judging him on the season itself. How he's still here is beyond me. The players need a boost from somewhere, they need fresh ideas, his time run out after the Brighton game.
Didn't come to win ? on 08:44 - Nov 30 with 3300 viewsmonmouth

Didn't come to win ? on 07:24 - Nov 30 by Dr_Winston

This is what was getting to me. Whenever there was any choice, we chose backwards over forwards, even when behind. Exactly as we did at Arsenal. I lost count of the number of times a player would get the ball just inside the opposition half with space in front and without even considering an option, whacked it back to the centre backs 30 yards behind. Then mostly inevitably back to Fabbo and hoof it back to Chelsea.

It’s not just last night neither. That’s the basic game plan for the whole season so far. The players are more comfortable without the ball. It’s a pile of shit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Didn't come to win ? on 08:44 - Nov 30 with 3299 viewsPegojack

How long before the club officially changes its name to 'Swansea City Nil'?
Didn't come to win ? on 08:54 - Nov 30 with 3272 viewsSTID2017

Didn't come to win ? on 07:17 - Nov 30 by jack247

How many games have we seen over the years where one team puts 11 behind the ball to try and get a point ?
I'd say hundreds.
Even Germany & Austria infamously both did it in the World Cup Finals (1978 wasn't it?)
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 9:03]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Didn't come to win ? on 08:59 - Nov 30 with 3257 viewsmonmouth

Didn't come to win ? on 08:54 - Nov 30 by STID2017

How many games have we seen over the years where one team puts 11 behind the ball to try and get a point ?
I'd say hundreds.
Even Germany & Austria infamously both did it in the World Cup Finals (1978 wasn't it?)
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 9:03]

Well I’ve seen 14 this season already.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Didn't come to win ? on 09:04 - Nov 30 with 3235 viewswhoflungdung

His last words to the players should have been on the lines of" right ,nobody gives you a chance .They re taking the pisse out of you all .Now get out there ,stand up and fight .Be brave and proud and prove to everyone what you can do ?

You re gonna beat them "

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Didn't come to win ? on 09:06 - Nov 30 with 3225 viewsSTID2017

Didn't come to win ? on 09:04 - Nov 30 by whoflungdung

His last words to the players should have been on the lines of" right ,nobody gives you a chance .They re taking the pisse out of you all .Now get out there ,stand up and fight .Be brave and proud and prove to everyone what you can do ?

You re gonna beat them "

And what would he say after we'd lost 6 - o ?
"Never mind boys, at least you tried "

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Didn't come to win ? on 09:06 - Nov 30 with 3225 viewsMrSwerve

Didn't come to win ? on 23:10 - Nov 29 by N_T_J

We barely 'had a go' at Bournemouth at home. A few spells of possession football and Clem seems to be happy. Still, no end product.

It's not the opposition's ability that is the problem.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Didn't come to win ? on 09:10 - Nov 30 with 3210 viewswhoflungdung

Good reply Stid.

We wouldn't be .

Citeh won't beat us by that either

One thing for sure, Carroll should be brought in for extra coaching and practice for dead balls

There is a team in there but Clement is killing them stone dead

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Didn't come to win ? on 10:55 - Nov 30 with 3023 viewsBobby_Fischer

Confidence before results?

The best way of building confidence is by winning.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Didn't come to win ? on 12:17 - Nov 30 with 2885 viewsangryjack

The bloke is a tw@t
Didn't come to win ? on 12:29 - Nov 30 with 2848 viewsOldjack

Fancy telling the players pre match ,''we haven't come here to win '' ffs this is truly an awful mindset to have and it clears up as to why we're so so negative most of the time along with the worst goal scoring in the prem

WE'RE DOWN ! if Clem stays

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Didn't come to win ? on 13:39 - Nov 30 with 2758 viewstheloneranger

He showed his true mindset when we drew 0-0 at home against Middlesboro last April. This was the first match last season when we never used a sub, and he never made an effort to win this vital home match, saying...

"You never know how valuable that point could be. It is tight at the bottom, and we remain very positive."

FFS......"POSITIVE"....!!....He's set us up with that same mindset for 14 matches this season already.

There's only 3 teams that have scored less than us after 14 matches in Premier League history....Derby, Bradford and Man City and we all know what happened to Derby and Bradford in those respective seasons.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024