Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Update from the Trust. I finally hear back 11:38 - Nov 30 with 9204 viewsTheResurrection

It's the Thursday morning after the Monday I was promised I'd hear back, and also 2 days after ECB had his reply.

In keeping with my promise for more transparency and in an attempt to get a reply back from the questions we've asked on here, here is the email exchange from this morning.

On Nov 30, 2017, at 09:53, Nigel Hamer wrote:

Good Morning Chris,

I don't normally have time to read websites, however I was directed to the PS thread yesterday, disappointing.

However, I digress. I have been asked by the Trust Board to contact you regarding your application for one of
the four co-opted posts on the Trust Board.

It is acknowledged that there was no mention of 'interview' in the Notice displayed on the Trust website relating
to this co-option. However, the Sub-Group dealing with this would prefer to speak with you as some of them
probably don't know you. The intention is to have a chat between the 30th November and 10th December, if it
is inconvenient to meet in person, what about WhatsApp or similar.

Let me know if this is convenient, I can then relay back to the Sub-Group who are dealing with this.

regards,

Nigel

--------------

My reply....

Sorry Nigel

I'm not sure I understand? Which thread do you find disappointing and why?

Also, may I ask what has taken so long. Firstly I understood there was no formal or informal interview process, although you've acknowledged this in your email, but I was expecting to hear back latest Monday, as that is what you told me?

I also understand the Swans supporters base have lost out on somebody who could have made a real difference to them through being involved with the Trust, and this has happened on 3 separate occasions, this man is Andrew Cude. And during the 3 occasions he has been rejected the Trust has allowed Board members to continue in their roles ad finitum.

I also understand your good self has been in post for the best part of 17 years. Is this correct and can you understand the supporters anguish when capable people like Mr Cude are being rejected?

I and many other members have asked on Planet Swans for a list of Board members and the time period for which they have served, as there are very legitimate concerns relating to this aspect and the real impact this can have on the Trust's effectiveness. To date we have not received a reply. As Trust secretary could you please provide me with this information.

Also, which Board members are in the sub group that want to interview me. I would guess they'd have a good idea of who I am and what I would stand for but yes, by all means, arrange a whatsapp.

Hope you can answer my queries as soon as possible, Nigel.

Many thanks

Chris.
Cheers

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:00 - Nov 30 with 4125 viewstrampie

Nice reply Chrissy, I wish you and the other PS message-board members well in your applications and hope you/the other PS message-board members applying can reform the trust to represent the best interests of the fans, assuming posters from here get in that is.
I would say it is time for change at the top end of the trust.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 12:49]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:13 - Nov 30 with 4084 viewsDarran

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:00 - Nov 30 by trampie

Nice reply Chrissy, I wish you and the other PS message-board members well in your applications and hope you/the other PS message-board members applying can reform the trust to represent the best interests of the fans, assuming posters from here get in that is.
I would say it is time for change at the top end of the trust.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 12:49]

Board members?

Anyway it sounds to me as if they don’t want The Pox Office involved.
I don’t see that as a good move myself. What are they afraid of?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:26 - Nov 30 with 4043 viewsE20Jack

Perfect stuff. I love the way he tried to take the upper hand and take the moral high ground and it was turned around back on him highlighting his incompetence and an interrogation regarding his probable illegitimate tenure! Even in the pre interview stage not standing for any nonsense.

You would be many peoples worst nightmare to be on the board with. By that I mean the ones hiding stuff or know what they are doing is not right. Top marks.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:37 - Nov 30 with 4012 viewsATFV

“However the Sub group dealing with this would prefer to speak with you as someone me of them probably don’t know you”

So do the Sub group “know” all the other candidates then? Do they need to? Are they interviewing any and other candidates that they don’t personally know or are they singling Chris out?

The few remaining Trust Board Members (and Secretary) really are making a dog’s dinner out of this and far from restoring credibility they lurch from one disaster to the next.

Interview everyone or interview none of them. Being selective is just asking for people to question the integrity of the process.

FFS.
Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:45 - Nov 30 with 3972 viewsswanforthemoney

Surely the first objective of the exercise is to get on the Board, from where you can try to achieve the goal of exerting your influence on the affairs of the Trust.
The reply above needlessly conflates a number of issues, namely the rejection of Mr Cude, and Mr Hamers length of tenure. Its unclear how the additional points improve the chances of achieving the first objective. At best they seem redundant at this point, and at worst antagonistic.
As a supporter of your broader goals, as laid out in numerous posts to the forum, I implore you to concentrate solely on achieving Board membership as the first objective.
Good Luck.

I stand in the North Stand

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:54 - Nov 30 with 3907 viewsE_Norma_Stitz

Good luck Res. Go kick butt 👍.

STID. YJB.

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 13:02 - Nov 30 with 3855 viewsNeath_Jack

I've said it previously, i'll be astonished if they accept you on board.

They are, and will be petrified of you and your "dog with a bone", attitude to things that are not right. And that includes all what is wrong with the current mob.

It is exactly what the Trust needs, but is exactly what the current, cosy, self-interest, kudos driven shambles of shit that it is at the moment (and has been for a while).

His "disappointing" comment says it all for me. Who directed him to the thread i wonder? Someone who doesn't want you on board? Someone you have crossed swords with previously? He should have told you who and why he was directed to it, but that would take a back bone to do that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 13:03 - Nov 30 with 3844 viewsSoberBaker

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 12:26 - Nov 30 by E20Jack

Perfect stuff. I love the way he tried to take the upper hand and take the moral high ground and it was turned around back on him highlighting his incompetence and an interrogation regarding his probable illegitimate tenure! Even in the pre interview stage not standing for any nonsense.

You would be many peoples worst nightmare to be on the board with. By that I mean the ones hiding stuff or know what they are doing is not right. Top marks.

Comes across as an amateur (and a bit of a snide c*nt), there doesn't he? As Darran said, what are they scared of?

The sooner T2C is on this Board the better.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 13:04]

AMOW

Login to get fewer ads

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 13:14 - Nov 30 with 3809 viewsMoscowJack

For God's sake, can someone PLEASE get rid of this useless old fart and replace him with someone with more competence but also someone less arrogant and cocky?

How the f**k can he be disappointed when it was Chris pointing out that a promised follow-up didn't arrive?

Couldn't someone have called or emailed Chris on the Monday and simply explained that there might have been a delay?

Wouldn't that have been the right (and polite) thing to do?

No! Instead of that an email comes (three days late) that starts off by moaning about Chris being unhappy with being treated with a complete lack of courtesy. I know some/many of them sh!t themselves at the thought of Chris on their committee but you'd think they'd be trying to get things pretty much spot-on with so many eyes watching how this develops.

Or are they trying to put Chris off and force him to walk away in disbelief?

If this is the Trust trying to be spot-on, I can see why they've dropped the ball so many times.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 13:22 - Nov 30 with 3778 viewsNeath_Jack

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 13:14 - Nov 30 by MoscowJack

For God's sake, can someone PLEASE get rid of this useless old fart and replace him with someone with more competence but also someone less arrogant and cocky?

How the f**k can he be disappointed when it was Chris pointing out that a promised follow-up didn't arrive?

Couldn't someone have called or emailed Chris on the Monday and simply explained that there might have been a delay?

Wouldn't that have been the right (and polite) thing to do?

No! Instead of that an email comes (three days late) that starts off by moaning about Chris being unhappy with being treated with a complete lack of courtesy. I know some/many of them sh!t themselves at the thought of Chris on their committee but you'd think they'd be trying to get things pretty much spot-on with so many eyes watching how this develops.

Or are they trying to put Chris off and force him to walk away in disbelief?

If this is the Trust trying to be spot-on, I can see why they've dropped the ball so many times.

"you'd think they'd be trying to get things pretty much spot-on with so many eyes watching how this develops".

F*ck sake Nick, if you look in the latest editions of the English dictionaries, alongside incompetent, has five words...The Swansea City Supporters Trust.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 13:37 - Nov 30 with 3719 viewsMoscowJack

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 13:22 - Nov 30 by Neath_Jack

"you'd think they'd be trying to get things pretty much spot-on with so many eyes watching how this develops".

F*ck sake Nick, if you look in the latest editions of the English dictionaries, alongside incompetent, has five words...The Swansea City Supporters Trust.

Well, that suggests that they're not trying to get it all wrong on purpose and that it's just their inability to do the right thing correctly more often than not.

I can imagine one or two of the more competent on the Trust Board banging their heads now whilst thinking "do I have to do EVERYTHING myself?".
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 13:37]

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 18:08 - Nov 30 with 3450 viewsmax936

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 13:02 - Nov 30 by Neath_Jack

They are, and will be petrified of you and your "dog with a bone", attitude to things that are not right. And that includes all what is wrong with the current mob.

It is exactly what the Trust needs, but is exactly what the current, cosy, self-interest, kudos driven shambles of shit that it is at the moment (and has been for a while).

His "disappointing" comment says it all for me. Who directed him to the thread i wonder? Someone who doesn't want you on board? Someone you have crossed swords with previously? He should have told you who and why he was directed to it, but that would take a back bone to do that.

Great post NJ, the disappointing comment drew a laugh from me, what the fuk does he and the others expect, lack of communication, lack of direction and an attitude of everything is cosy in the garden, like as been said by others some of them have been cwtched up in the Trust for way to long, they seem to have forgotten exactly what they're there for.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 18:18 - Nov 30 with 3407 views34dfgdf54

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 13:02 - Nov 30 by Neath_Jack

See I think they are sh*tting themselves, they can’t not accept him and the others in my opinion.

They have always said if you are that passionate about it, don’t moan, put your name forward. Well here it is, three of them, Res, Lisa and ECB. F*ck the interviews, we should be interviewing them, I want to know what my moneys been going towards, because I don’t see a lot happening I’m sorry.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 18:19]
Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 18:29 - Nov 30 with 3359 viewsPozuelosSideys

They are sh1tting themselves

The last thing they want is The Res walking in there and rocking the apple cart. You know the Trust and Club reps will all be sat around a table, being all corporate and civil.

They certainly dont want a straight talking, direct, noise making pain in the ass. And for that very reason, id vote for the Res - just so he can do that - which is exactly whats needed imo

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 18:42 - Nov 30 with 3310 viewsthornabyswan

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 18:29 - Nov 30 by PozuelosSideys

They are sh1tting themselves

The last thing they want is The Res walking in there and rocking the apple cart. You know the Trust and Club reps will all be sat around a table, being all corporate and civil.

They certainly dont want a straight talking, direct, noise making pain in the ass. And for that very reason, id vote for the Res - just so he can do that - which is exactly whats needed imo

Spot on I agree with all of that.
A bit like Jenkins not wanting manager who stands his ground.
Pathetic really what's happened to our club.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 18:57 - Nov 30 with 3247 viewsmonmouth

What a sanctimonious, pompous, self important arsehole. 'I don't usually have time to read websites.' I bet you've been all over this one for weeks haven't you, you puffed up load of nowt, ever since nick outed you. Why don't you put yourself up for election and interview? You should be out, and out now.

Get in there Chris and sort them out.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 19:06 - Nov 30 with 3207 viewsthornabyswan

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 18:57 - Nov 30 by monmouth

What a sanctimonious, pompous, self important arsehole. 'I don't usually have time to read websites.' I bet you've been all over this one for weeks haven't you, you puffed up load of nowt, ever since nick outed you. Why don't you put yourself up for election and interview? You should be out, and out now.

Get in there Chris and sort them out.

Yep 17 years on the Trust and he is coming out with drivel like that problem is they got it so cushy they have forgotten why they are there.
Totally lost touch with the fan base.

And that goes for the owners the sellouts and now the Trust.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 19:13 - Nov 30 with 3164 viewsjasfan

I'm not sure why the Trust Secretary thought it appropriate to make such a condescending remark in a communication to a Trust member who has put their name forward for the Trust Board. It's something you might expect a school teacher to say to a naughty child about their behaviour, not someone carrying out an administrative role on behalf of the Trust.

It's also a bit of a cheek frankly when you consider that "disappointing" is one word that could be used to describe the Trust Board's performance in recent years:

1) Communication with Trust members and fans has been woeful.
2) The failure to properly register changes to the Trust rules with the relevant authorities.
3) The apparently inconsistent way applications for co-option are being dealt with.
4) The Trust Board's supine approach to dealing with the American owners and their part in the share sale.
5) The failure to deal with potential conflicts of interest in the Trust in an open and transparent manner.
6) The likelihood that the Supporters shareholding value of approximately £20m will be diminished to around £5m.
etc.

Others might use a stronger word.

Good luck Chris with your application.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 19:15]
Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 19:20 - Nov 30 with 3135 viewsMoscowJack

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 19:06 - Nov 30 by thornabyswan

Yep 17 years on the Trust and he is coming out with drivel like that problem is they got it so cushy they have forgotten why they are there.

There is absolutely NO way that he'll give up that role. It gives him a feeling of strength, power or influence, although some of us might say that he's not using any of those for entirely the right reasons.

In my opinion, he will stand up to any challenges to his "throne" and will make it as uncomfortable as possible for anyone who even threatens to do so.

It does make me wonder where the other 11 applicants have come from, but then I don't want to start yet another conspiracy, especially without any proof or evidence at all.

The ONLY things that I think he has in his favour are his experience in the role and that I've been told he's very much disliked by people within the club too.

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 19:35 - Nov 30 with 3066 viewswhoflungdung

Chris and I have had some stupendous spats over the years and I was very cynical regarding his meet with Dineen but this is now and we need Chris if the Trust is to mean anything .

Ive no doubt they are terrified of the thought of him asking some searching questions .

I ve only met Chris once briefly and it was exchanging pleasantries but I get the impression he d be as good as his word facing these w@ nkers at our club .

Chris is a force of nature and you have to stand up to him or be mown down and this is what scares them

Ff s, grow a pair of gonads and give it back to him. Show some passion, have some dignity

I truly wish I could go into battle with Chris ,I really do . I'm not as nuts as most think but I ve still got a head like a rock and a fire In my soul

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 19:44 - Nov 30 with 3019 viewsDr_Winston

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 19:35 - Nov 30 by whoflungdung

Chris and I have had some stupendous spats over the years and I was very cynical regarding his meet with Dineen but this is now and we need Chris if the Trust is to mean anything .

Ive no doubt they are terrified of the thought of him asking some searching questions .

I ve only met Chris once briefly and it was exchanging pleasantries but I get the impression he d be as good as his word facing these w@ nkers at our club .

Chris is a force of nature and you have to stand up to him or be mown down and this is what scares them

Ff s, grow a pair of gonads and give it back to him. Show some passion, have some dignity

I truly wish I could go into battle with Chris ,I really do . I'm not as nuts as most think but I ve still got a head like a rock and a fire In my soul

If memory serves you went on an epic, months long hissy fit about Dineen agreeing to meet Chris. Basically accusing him of demeaning both himself and the club for agreeing to it.

How did that work out for you?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 19:44 - Nov 30 with 3018 viewsBobby_Fischer

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 19:06 - Nov 30 by thornabyswan

Careful mate, the Trust might threaten you with legal action.

The irony.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 19:49 - Nov 30 with 2987 viewsexiledclaseboy

Just a few points of clarification here because I largely agree with The Res’s points. I haven’t been “rejected” for a co-opted on this occasion post so far. Like others (I assume) I’ve been offered an interview. I’ve declined that offer but I’ve been asked to reconsider. I’m doing so but to be honest I’m not minded to change my mind. I’m told the purpose of the interview is because the other board members don’t know me and I don’t know them. For me it’s a lot of hassle for a voluntary thing but the justification is that they’ve had 14 applications and they need to whittle them down somehow. Personally I don’t see why they can’t just look at the application statement and take a vote as per the original intention. I’m genuinely not fussed on being interviewed by people I don’t know for a purpose I can’t fathom when all I and others have done is volunteer to help, something the Trust has been crying out for for years. I’ve been assured that it’s not a vetting process and that the Trust has every intention of getting some, shall we say, dissenting voices on the board. Make your own minds up I suppose.

On the other occasions I’ve volunteered the first was more of an informal offer to Phil to help out if I could. That offer was ongoing for whenever it was wanted or needed. The second time I applied for a co-opted post but didn’t get enough votes from the existing Trust board at the time. That was in August 2016. In the interest of full disclosure I was actually offered a co-opted place a few months later in December 2016. Someone had resigned I think and they went back to the people who had applied unsuccessfully the previous August. That offer came through literally the same day that my mrs was diagnosed with cancer so obviously the timing was all wrong so I had to say no.

So in short I don’t see what will be gained by the interview process.

Poll: Tory leader

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 19:50 - Nov 30 with 2976 viewswhoflungdung

Jamie

You require correct

Which is why I added ...where we are now

Maybe, you too should move on and not be so prone to dragging up historic spats . You seem very vindictive

We re in shite. Right now, I'm not arsed about historic spats or who posted what and when as I'm living the now .

We have fans from Auckland to Aberystwth on this site who feel as you and I do. We re pretty united so maybe you should reflect a little and quit the poison posting . You re a mod when all said and done

Now play tidy

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 19:52 - Nov 30 with 2967 viewsDarran

Update from the Trust. I finally hear back on 19:44 - Nov 30 by Dr_Winston

If memory serves you went on an epic, months long hissy fit about Dineen agreeing to meet Chris. Basically accusing him of demeaning both himself and the club for agreeing to it.

How did that work out for you?

He was the only one that wanted the Yanks too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024