Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
47 Million wasted or small steps? 12:18 - Dec 1 with 3686 viewscostalotta

So we spent about 47 million in the summer on Clucas, Sanches, Bony and Mesa.

They've clearly not had the desired effect so far but can they improve and thus improve the team going forward. That is, enough to get the points we need to ensure survival? Signs are there that Wilf is starting to hold is own and get his fitness back but is goals we need. Does he have those around him to create? Can HJ be trusted to recruit what is needed in Jan? Will Clement still be here to play his part ?

Or, is it another massive waste of money on behalf of the club in part by Huw but PC must also share .

47 million fu gg ing pounds. 10 years ago we would never have thought we would waste that amount of money. We've come a long way for sure.
47 Million wasted or small steps? on 23:39 - Dec 1 with 3501 viewsswan65split

total waste of money, the money weve wasted on players is a scandal , wasted or sidetracked
down this you twonk
47 Million wasted or small steps? on 03:47 - Dec 2 with 3454 viewsdameedna

Arias Viera and Mesa would have been my pick.
However i have been impressed by Ki and Fer.
I doubt my three would have made us sing but you never know.
Newcastle are a good example of being top 8 and falling away.
Still think we have the players to make it a competition.
Better than this time last year.
47 Million wasted or small steps? on 06:06 - Dec 2 with 3424 viewsicecoldjack

The only player that looks anywhere near his value is Bony, who now fit looks to have something to prove and has shown leadership and given us a platform to at least play in the final 3 rd.

Mesa has been ruined by Clement, a new player should come in and be given has chance early doors, including mistakes, the player gets fitter quicker knows his teamates quicker learns faster and adapts quicker, i see that roque is trying hard not to fook up his game and IMO thats probably taken away 20% of his ability right there, the bloke is now too afraid to fook up and low on confidence, absolutely awful management from clement .

Clucas. Sorry, the boy is a dog, as Laudrup said "sign championship players you end up in the championship" nothing more true ever spoke, Clucas somes us up, yet another steady eddy footballer, probably not much better than Fulton but on the back of a decent season in a relegated team somehow fluked a move back to the premier league and strangely was only ever wanted by the Swans...that tells you what the scouts of the other 19 clubs thought !!
A shame for the boy but ffs, £17m for a utility player that can hardly be utilized !
The bottom line is that he is a championship footballer and he doesn't even shine in our championship made mid field , says it all. There is something well dodgy about this deal, the fee and the fact Kingsley went the other way, all a bit suspect.

Sanches, on paper looked a real coup, i don't think anyone expected him to be so shot of confidence, he may be the player that gets clement sacked, i'm trying to figure out if Bayern shafted him or Renato is really just having the worst nightmare..can't blame clement for the signing, it at least showed the correct level of ambition.
47 Million wasted or small steps? on 06:54 - Dec 2 with 3407 viewsswanforthemoney

The way I see it we swapped out Cork for Clucas and are 9 million quid down.
I just looked up Clucas, thinking he had youth on his side, he's 27 to Corks 28.
Very odd signing at that money considering his very average pedigree. In fact it's so odd, you wonder what commissions and fees were paid on the deal. I didn't think it at the time, but it looks suspicious to me.

I stand in the North Stand

47 Million wasted or small steps? on 08:52 - Dec 2 with 3333 viewsswan65split

47 Million wasted or small steps? on 06:54 - Dec 2 by swanforthemoney

I just looked up Clucas, thinking he had youth on his side, he's 27 to Corks 28.
Very odd signing at that money considering his very average pedigree. In fact it's so odd, you wonder what commissions and fees were paid on the deal. I didn't think it at the time, but it looks suspicious to me.

Exactly ....thats just one crap signing, and theres others!!!
47 Million wasted or small steps? on 09:45 - Dec 2 with 3268 viewsDr_Winston

We have a recent track record of signing players who have done well elsewhere and struggled here. For all the whinging about Clucas he was one of Hull's standout players in the Premier League last season. That doesn't suggest that we're signing poor players, but it does suggest that we're signing the wrong ones, or at least utilising them poorly.

The moment we abandoned the proven approach of keeping a specific style and signing players to fit that style was the moment the wheels started coming off. Monk should NEVER have been allowed to f*ck with the team's style of play, and Jenkins should NEVER have been allowed to assume full control of recruitment.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

47 Million wasted or small steps? on 10:34 - Dec 2 with 3185 viewsswanforthemoney

47 Million wasted or small steps? on 09:45 - Dec 2 by Dr_Winston

We have a recent track record of signing players who have done well elsewhere and struggled here. For all the whinging about Clucas he was one of Hull's standout players in the Premier League last season. That doesn't suggest that we're signing poor players, but it does suggest that we're signing the wrong ones, or at least utilising them poorly.

The moment we abandoned the proven approach of keeping a specific style and signing players to fit that style was the moment the wheels started coming off. Monk should NEVER have been allowed to f*ck with the team's style of play, and Jenkins should NEVER have been allowed to assume full control of recruitment.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Yes but 17 million......please

100 percent agree with the point about abandoning the consistent style. We've lost our advantage, we are just another club and undercapitalised at that.

For those of me that don't know. When did HJ assume full control of recruitment? Has he been in charge of recruitment as we've come up the leagues. Or were there other influences on recruitment in the period post 2003 or thereabouts. What's the recruitment structure and personnel been over the last dozen years or so? Not asking for blow by blow, but I would find an analysis of the main turning points interesting. Please don't mention Ngog.

I stand in the North Stand

47 Million wasted or small steps? on 10:44 - Dec 2 with 3173 viewsmonmouth

I don't see how Leadbetter gets a free pass all the time. I really don't. Or Mr Moneyball now. I don't think Jenkins has full control of transfer targets. He might have a list that he works down from Leadbetter plus moneyball, with some input from Clement. What he does have control of is dithering over the deal and a total delusion that he is a fantastic businessman and negotiator. Then, because he is a crap failed businessman and ditherer, he is inevitably forced into a corner, shits himself and does a Clucas, or sometimes gets lucky with a Llorente. Then he still believes he is great.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

47 Million wasted or small steps? on 10:48 - Dec 2 with 3166 viewsDr_Winston

47 Million wasted or small steps? on 10:34 - Dec 2 by swanforthemoney

Yes but 17 million......please

100 percent agree with the point about abandoning the consistent style. We've lost our advantage, we are just another club and undercapitalised at that.

For those of me that don't know. When did HJ assume full control of recruitment? Has he been in charge of recruitment as we've come up the leagues. Or were there other influences on recruitment in the period post 2003 or thereabouts. What's the recruitment structure and personnel been over the last dozen years or so? Not asking for blow by blow, but I would find an analysis of the main turning points interesting. Please don't mention Ngog.

I think to a certain extent he's always been involved along with a recruitment team, based around Kevin Reeves originally. For example, the club had an eye on both Bodde and Scotland when Jackett was still in charge.

Managers generally had a strong say in the process though. Certainly Flynn, KJ, Martinez and Rodgers had quite a lot of input. Think we can safely say that Sousa didn't (probably because he wasn't that bothered), and perhaps that's where the taste for power originated.

Certainly things really started going wrong under Laudrup. When Ki turned up and Mikey clearly didn't have any use for him perhaps the alarm bells should have started ringing then.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

47 Million wasted or small steps? on 11:20 - Dec 2 with 3116 views34dfgdf54

47 Million wasted or small steps? on 10:48 - Dec 2 by Dr_Winston

I think to a certain extent he's always been involved along with a recruitment team, based around Kevin Reeves originally. For example, the club had an eye on both Bodde and Scotland when Jackett was still in charge.

Managers generally had a strong say in the process though. Certainly Flynn, KJ, Martinez and Rodgers had quite a lot of input. Think we can safely say that Sousa didn't (probably because he wasn't that bothered), and perhaps that's where the taste for power originated.

Certainly things really started going wrong under Laudrup. When Ki turned up and Mikey clearly didn't have any use for him perhaps the alarm bells should have started ringing then.

The alarm bells were ringing, no one listened.
47 Million wasted or small steps? on 12:21 - Dec 2 with 3056 viewsmagicdaps10

Jenkins ego just got bigger and Bigger until it was filled with Kryptonite

Now the fooker thinks he is Superman.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

47 Million wasted or small steps? on 13:01 - Dec 2 with 3009 viewsYossarian

47 Million wasted or small steps? on 10:48 - Dec 2 by Dr_Winston

Yes, think this is basically right, apart from the fact that Ki screwed himself with Laudrup over returning to South Korea for a wedding I think. Remember he played him in the League Cup final as a centre half ahead of Monk.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

47 Million wasted or small steps? on 13:52 - Dec 2 with 2944 viewscostalotta

47 Million wasted or small steps? on 11:20 - Dec 2 by 34dfgdf54

The alarm bells were ringing, no one listened.

I disagree. There were a small number.
47 Million wasted or small steps? on 13:54 - Dec 2 with 2940 viewsFlashberryjack

47 Million wasted or small steps? on 06:54 - Dec 2 by swanforthemoney

Yes! very fishy indeed, as are a lot of our transfer dealings.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024