Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" 22:38 - Dec 1 with 8828 viewsDavillin

I begin with an admittedly long preface.

For most of my 81 years, starting during World War II, I have held Britain in the highest esteem. I have studied British literature and history while both a student and a teacher in university. For years, I faithfully read The Manchester Guardian almost daily [on paper in the library at the university where I taught]; For years I was subscribed to Punch and a couple of British motorcycle magazines; I owned six British motorcycles; and supported a Welsh football club.

Over the past 30 years or thereabouts I have taken my annual holiday in Europe. Except for visiting old friends in The Netherlands, France, and Italy, they have all been to the U.K. , from Inverness to Hayling island, and from sea to sea.

Until recently, the "special relationship" between our two countries has been a matter of deep satisfaction and some pride. Without identifying it as such, I considered both Britain and the British automatic and mutually faithful friends [Please, those who will be tempted to mock those statements, move on without comment, thanks.]

I believe firmly that the overwhelming majority [probably close to "totality"] of Americans have the same attitudes. Personally, I have never heard a single negative comment from an American about Britain and the British.

I discount the boorish, but vocally silent, incivility of the previous President, for example, regarding the bust of Churchill [which the present President corrected as one of his first acts] and for worse treatment of visiting British dignitaries. It is small consolation that the previous president has treated fellow Americans worse on occasion.

To my major point.

In recent times, it is clear to me, the attitude of many [too many] Brits toward the United States has declined precipitously, too often to downright insulting hatred. Note that my lifetime study of philosophy enables me to put that all aside as something over which I have no control.

However, when that reaches British persons of high political rank and affects what I consider vital aspects of our countries' relationship, it becomes worrisome at least. That is full upon us now.

Here we have a British Prime Minister publically and insultingly attacking an American President for "retweeting" references to years-old activities of Islamic terrorists committing unspeakable acts. Note that that retweet has not caused one person to be tortured or killed. This, while she ignores the most vicious contemporary attacks by Islamic terrorists on her own citizens and those of the Continent.

I cannot help wondering whose political ass she is kissing -- from the Islamic terrorists or Islamic rulers, to the powers that be in the European Union, mollifying them about BREXIT?

Is she doing this so forcefully to make it difficult, if not impossible, to reach a new bilateral agreement with the United States on trade and economic issues -- an agreement which would work decidedly to the benefit of the U.K. -- pointedly to one no longer ruled by the despots of the E.U.?

Or am I missing the point completely because she is, with too much subtlety for me, actually working against the very BREXIT result she is legally bound to bring into being?

I am fully aware that many [most? all?] of you do not see the powerful influence of your anti-Trump and increasingly anti-American media, but I live with it every single day here in the states, so it is far easier for me to see the same bias -- and always with the same words telling the same falsehoods -- over there.

Candidly, when I first heard of your Prime Minister's rant about my President's "retweet," I thought that she did not have her priorities in order -- the retweet of videos which show the coldest truths about terrorism compared with the endless stream of even worse terroristic behaviour all over Europe -- but now I have to wonder whether she knows full well what she is doing, and that is killing BREXIT, or at least working to get the U.K.'s relationship with the E.U. back in line with the European globalist power structure which she has supported in the past. That would entail stopping the possibility of a far-reaching trade agreement with the unspoken assumed enemy of both the E.U. and a new global system.

We're knee-deep in shit with no bottom on the bucket we're all standing in, and too many powerful forces keep shoveling more in. Or having their puppets doing it for them.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 22:48 - Dec 1 with 5302 viewsDarran

I asked on here yesterday why so many people get so worked up about Trump,I think part of it is that it takes the gloss off the shit they’re living in here.
Personally I think the bloke is a fuçking idiot,an embarrassment to the position he holds and an embarrassment to the United States.
The President of the United States should not be on Twitter. Some of his own tweets are hideous.

I’ll tell you something else too and you can bookmark this. If he does come over here in February to open the new US embassy the Lefties will cost this country a small fortune because they just can’t help themselves.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 22:57 - Dec 1 with 5299 viewsTheResurrection

The United States and its president and bringing shame on their people. A true world embarrassment Unfortunately, "your" president stereotypes far too many of you.

God knows what you're trying to actually say in your war and peace but I wish our government would finally show some balls and ban the disgusting vvanker from ever entering our shores.

Graph off!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 22:59 - Dec 1 with 5296 viewsLeonWasGod

Now try that again, coming from the position of knowing that the only Britain First tweet that could be verified was proven to have been made up.
A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 23:00 - Dec 1 with 5287 viewsDarran

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 22:57 - Dec 1 by TheResurrection

The United States and its president and bringing shame on their people. A true world embarrassment Unfortunately, "your" president stereotypes far too many of you.

God knows what you're trying to actually say in your war and peace but I wish our government would finally show some balls and ban the disgusting vvanker from ever entering our shores.

Graph off!!

I think you’re wrong in saying The United States because I don’t believe that to be true. It’s not the fault of the majority of the American people.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 23:12 - Dec 1 with 5268 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If Trump wants to highlight Islamic terrorism he could find far better ways of doing it than to retweeting a fascist organisation's dubious material. He overtly gives support and succour to these fascists by doing so.

Did all those Americans die on the Normandy beaches fighting fascism in order for a president of theirs to support such evil 73 years later?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about on 23:17 - Dec 1 with 5255 viewsHumpty

Laughable.

I don't hate Americans. I like the majority of them that also think Trump is an embarrassment to your country.

The man is beyond the pale. The fact that you support him but attack Obama speaks volumes.

Our Prime Minister's "rant"?

F*cking rant?

What do you think we thought when, after a terrorist attack in London, the Trump clan twisted the words of Londons Mayor and attacked him Dav?

When has Theresa May ignored "the most vicious contemporary attacks by Islamic terrorists on her own citizens and those of the Continent." You ignorant fool.

Btw, those retweets weren't anti ISIS, or anti extremist. They were anti Muslim. And any decent person would despise the people he got them from, both Britain First and Coulter.

Do you want me to show you a video of an American Christian teenager attacking another teen Dav? Or an American Christian pastor burning another religion's holy book? Or an American Christian extremists killing an innocent person? Just to show everyone what American Christians are like?

That's what Trump did Dav. But he was saying that's what Muslims are like. Instead of American Christians.

Anti American my arse, you massive f*cking baby.

Your president is an imbecile. You voted for him. Don't get upset when people tell you what they think of both him and you.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 23:49]
A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 23:20 - Dec 1 with 5245 viewsHumpty

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 23:12 - Dec 1 by Joe_bradshaw

If Trump wants to highlight Islamic terrorism he could find far better ways of doing it than to retweeting a fascist organisation's dubious material. He overtly gives support and succour to these fascists by doing so.

Did all those Americans die on the Normandy beaches fighting fascism in order for a president of theirs to support such evil 73 years later?

Yes basically.

He thinks people holding a torchlit march through an American city, chanting about Jews and wearing Swastikas are "fine people".

His own f*cking words.

Btw, they murdered a women the next day. And he thinks they are the equal of those that oppose them.

And Dav voted for him, and still supports him.
A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about on 23:29 - Dec 1 with 5225 viewsHumpty

Or am I missing the point completely because she is, with too much subtlety for me, actually working against the very BREXIT result she is legally bound to bring into being?

The Brexit referendum was not legally binding.
Login to get fewer ads

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 23:32 - Dec 1 with 5216 viewsLeonWasGod

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 23:00 - Dec 1 by Darran

I think you’re wrong in saying The United States because I don’t believe that to be true. It’s not the fault of the majority of the American people.

True. I've been over there for nearly 5 months, and pretty much every time I meet someone the first things they do is apologise for Trump. Dav's 'Trumpsville' is a myth. They're as divided as we are.

#HeilTrumpArf!
A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about on 23:33 - Dec 1 with 5213 viewsBobby_Fischer

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about on 23:29 - Dec 1 by Humpty

I can't see him posting in this thread again.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about on 23:37 - Dec 1 with 5206 viewsHumpty

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 22:48 - Dec 1 by Darran

I asked on here yesterday why so many people get so worked up about Trump,I think part of it is that it takes the gloss off the shit they’re living in here.
Personally I think the bloke is a fuçking idiot,an embarrassment to the position he holds and an embarrassment to the United States.
The President of the United States should not be on Twitter. Some of his own tweets are hideous.

I’ll tell you something else too and you can bookmark this. If he does come over here in February to open the new US embassy the Lefties will cost this country a small fortune because they just can’t help themselves.

He's more than an idiot and an embarrassment Dar.

He's the President of the US and he actively seeks the support, and gives succour to the most vile people in our societies, both American and British.

He encourages people to think any fact they don't like is false. He tells people anything negative about him in the press is lies. He denigrates the idea of a free press. He tells his supporters that he will imprison his political foes, something he doesn't have the power to do, and they cheer and clap when he says it.

We've never seen this from a US president before in our lifetimes.

This man is more than just an oaf, he is very dangerous.

Fair enough if you don't think that's much of a big thing. Lot's of people do.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 23:40]
A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about on 00:15 - Dec 2 with 5152 viewsGowerjack

The OP is senile.

Move along.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2017 1:00]

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about on 00:17 - Dec 2 with 5148 viewsLeonWasGod

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about on 23:37 - Dec 1 by Humpty

He's the President of the US and he actively seeks the support, and gives succour to the most vile people in our societies, both American and British.

He encourages people to think any fact they don't like is false. He tells people anything negative about him in the press is lies. He denigrates the idea of a free press. He tells his supporters that he will imprison his political foes, something he doesn't have the power to do, and they cheer and clap when he says it.

And he's ridiculously orange too.
A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about on 00:23 - Dec 2 with 5139 viewsGowerjack

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about on 23:37 - Dec 1 by Humpty

Yep.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 00:46 - Dec 2 with 5112 viewsjack_lord

"I believe firmly that the overwhelming majority [probably close to "totality"] of Americans have the same attitudes. Personally, I have never heard a single negative comment from an American about Britain and the British. "

I lived in New York for a very short time. It was the early 1990's. As a former sailor, I boarded the "museum" nimitz ship. I was mortified as I followed a group that were not just saying negative comments about the British but were slandering our proud country and rewriting history.

It is possible that May could be sounding out on behalf of her advisers but what is more probable is your president is acting like a f ucking idiot. He is supposed to be a leader and leading by example and tolerance is a major tool of one. I would say he is a major tool.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 00:48 - Dec 2 with 5107 viewsCottsy

Davillin, just a little thought experiment.

It's 1924 but Twitter exists, Calvin Coolidge retweets Josef Goebbels.

Cool or not cool?

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about on 03:06 - Dec 2 with 5056 viewsHighjack

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about on 23:29 - Dec 1 by Humpty

No it wasn't but Parliament has since voted to approve a bill that gave May the legal right to activate article 50.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 09:36 - Dec 2 with 4944 viewsKilkennyjack

Iconic leaders of the free world like JFK and Obama, followed by an orange idiot bully who laughs about the sexual treatment of women that he has himself committed (‘grab them by the pussy’). Ffs.

He will be in jail soon due to the Russian investigation...?

Our PM is simply a charmless clueless chancer who walked through the warring Tory bodies to pick up her new crown. Walking hand in hand with Trump shames her.

Btw - The EU has brought peace to Europe since the war. 👏

Beware of the Risen People

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about on 13:33 - Dec 2 with 4815 viewsFlashberryjack

America voted for Trump, he's their elected President, we may not like it but that's life.

Until America votes in a new President, this is the one we must deal with for the sake of our country, lets not get carried away by a f*cking tweet.

Macron probably hates Trump as well, but he made a big fuss of Trump and played up to him by inviting him to the Bastille celebrations, not because he likes him, but it's in Frances best long term interests.

Maybe we should do the same.
Hi Mart
[Post edited 2 Dec 2017 13:59]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 13:47 - Dec 2 with 4797 viewswobbly

Does anyone know when the OP is going to post the link to the "less biased" look? I searched and couldn't see it amongst the laughably biased assessment that was the rest of the post.
A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 14:09 - Dec 2 with 4762 viewsexiledclaseboy

When I read the OP (and after I stopped laughing) I had lots to say, but it’s already been said. The US right hated Obama. With a fiery passion. Everyone can make up their own mind about why Obama’s fairly innocuous eight years inspired so much passion and hatred amongst his opponents but there it is. They hated Obama so much that they were and still are prepared to latch in to anyone who could take back the White House for the GOP. Even trump. They know he’s an idiot. They know he’s criminally unsuited to be president. They know he’s an embarrassment on the world stage to the entire great nation of the USA. They know he’s an intellectual pygmy and a massive racist. They know he has to be removed from office sooner rather than later, whether by constitutionally legitimate means or otherwise. They don’t care though. He’s not Obama and not Clinton so they’re going to cling to his ever more embarrass coattails for as long as they can.

As an aside, the constant assertion from trumpers that everything they read is straight down the line truth and everything everyone else reads is hideously biased “fake news” is patronising, intellectually bereft and downright f*cking stupid. Undermining faith in a free press is the work of totalitarian regimes. Supporting it is the action of fools.

Poll: Tory leader

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 14:17 - Dec 2 with 4749 viewsTheResurrection

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 14:09 - Dec 2 by exiledclaseboy

When I read the OP (and after I stopped laughing) I had lots to say, but it’s already been said. The US right hated Obama. With a fiery passion. Everyone can make up their own mind about why Obama’s fairly innocuous eight years inspired so much passion and hatred amongst his opponents but there it is. They hated Obama so much that they were and still are prepared to latch in to anyone who could take back the White House for the GOP. Even trump. They know he’s an idiot. They know he’s criminally unsuited to be president. They know he’s an embarrassment on the world stage to the entire great nation of the USA. They know he’s an intellectual pygmy and a massive racist. They know he has to be removed from office sooner rather than later, whether by constitutionally legitimate means or otherwise. They don’t care though. He’s not Obama and not Clinton so they’re going to cling to his ever more embarrass coattails for as long as they can.

As an aside, the constant assertion from trumpers that everything they read is straight down the line truth and everything everyone else reads is hideously biased “fake news” is patronising, intellectually bereft and downright f*cking stupid. Undermining faith in a free press is the work of totalitarian regimes. Supporting it is the action of fools.

I thought you were describing the 81 year old fackwit that wrote the OP for a minute.

That particular embarrassment should be banned from this site immediately for that. How out of touch is he with the audience he chose.

Humiliated, again.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 14:50 - Dec 2 with 4698 viewsHighjack

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 09:36 - Dec 2 by Kilkennyjack

Iconic leaders of the free world like JFK and Obama, followed by an orange idiot bully who laughs about the sexual treatment of women that he has himself committed (‘grab them by the pussy’). Ffs.

He will be in jail soon due to the Russian investigation...?

Our PM is simply a charmless clueless chancer who walked through the warring Tory bodies to pick up her new crown. Walking hand in hand with Trump shames her.

Btw - The EU has brought peace to Europe since the war. 👏

JFK was hardly a saint when it came to treating women with respect either. Bill Clinton obviously abused his power to get girls, even doing one over the desk of the Oval Office. George bush Sr. Has been accused of all sorts of groping. There have been many rumours swirling around about Obama having affairs.

In this sense trump is no better or worse than many of his predecessors. We all know powerful men tend to behave inappropriately with young pretty women. It's disgusting and it needs to change but it's still happening and needs to stop happening.

On the farcical EU bringing peace to Europe point, tell that to the kosovans, Bosnians, ex Yugoslav nations, Ukrainians etc.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about on 21:42 - Dec 2 with 4602 viewsLohengrin

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 00:48 - Dec 2 by Cottsy

Davillin, just a little thought experiment.

It's 1924 but Twitter exists, Calvin Coolidge retweets Josef Goebbels.

Cool or not cool?

1924? Alright then imagine it's February 28th, 1924, Cotts. You've just picked up that morning's edition of The Guardian, or the Bible as lots on this thread probably regard it. You'd be greeted with the headline "Hitler is the hero of the hour!" and further regaled to learn that "his defence which takes up columns in this morning's paper has made a great impression. The thirty-four-year-old Hitler has caught the imagination of the entire nation."

Cool or not cool?

I'm inclined to cut The Guardian some slack there. The editor didn't have a crystal ball and without the benefit of hindsight it's bloody difficult to properly interpret what's right in front of you, I'd say. I''m sure you agree.

What if you do have the benefit of hindsight? What if the passage of time has allowed for a proper evaluation of historical crime? What are we to make of a party leader, sorry, Leader, who quotes Enver Hoxha, a Shadow Chancellor who quotes Mao Zedong and a Shadow Home Secretary that publically defends the same?

As amusing as it may be to see brickbats thrown at an irate Trump, let's not pretend that the hands doing the throwing are in any way clean.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 23:47 - Dec 2 with 4510 viewsKilkennyjack

A less biased look at P.M. May's fuss about "the retweet" on 14:50 - Dec 2 by Highjack

JFK was hardly a saint when it came to treating women with respect either. Bill Clinton obviously abused his power to get girls, even doing one over the desk of the Oval Office. George bush Sr. Has been accused of all sorts of groping. There have been many rumours swirling around about Obama having affairs.

In this sense trump is no better or worse than many of his predecessors. We all know powerful men tend to behave inappropriately with young pretty women. It's disgusting and it needs to change but it's still happening and needs to stop happening.

On the farcical EU bringing peace to Europe point, tell that to the kosovans, Bosnians, ex Yugoslav nations, Ukrainians etc.

Sorry i meant long lasting peace to the countries of Europe that are in the EU. Like UK.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024