Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is to blame for the current situation? 18:57 - Dec 2 with 12274 viewslonglostjack

Who is to blame for the current situation?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:06 - Dec 2 with 1528 viewswhoflungdung

Jeez.
I'm reflecting right now and it's not doing me any good

Picked up my Banjo then put it back in its box straightaway

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:09 - Dec 2 with 1522 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:04 - Dec 2 by whoflungdung

Jeez.

That s humbling

I'm feeling rather wan right now and I'm reflecting on the recent past .

I've not the fight to give any poster a slap right now

Turn in up

Do you know what Rich it isn't about fight, its about the evil that is the Premier League.

As much as we wanted to reach the promised land, the greed and the riches that went with it ripped the heart and soul out of the club

We got here with a team of players that gave a f*ck. Over seven years we have seen the team spirit eroded to now be a team of players who (with one or two notable exceptions) do not give any second thought for the football club. Last week we read stories of them out on the lash after another defeat and do you think we have many hurting like some of our fans

What depresses me even more is watching long term fans losing some of the passion for it all. I know of many and to an extent I get it as I feel it. I have missed three home games this season and with the exception of one I havent watched any of the TV coverage of them.

We are basket case of a club at the moment seemingly unable to make the changes that we need to make to get back on track. We cling onto the past glories that may actually go no further than just a few managerial appointments that worked (Roberto, Brendan and Michael) because all the evidence outside that says we havent done much right
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:13 - Dec 2 with 1502 views3swan

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:09 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

Do you know what Rich it isn't about fight, its about the evil that is the Premier League.

As much as we wanted to reach the promised land, the greed and the riches that went with it ripped the heart and soul out of the club

We got here with a team of players that gave a f*ck. Over seven years we have seen the team spirit eroded to now be a team of players who (with one or two notable exceptions) do not give any second thought for the football club. Last week we read stories of them out on the lash after another defeat and do you think we have many hurting like some of our fans

What depresses me even more is watching long term fans losing some of the passion for it all. I know of many and to an extent I get it as I feel it. I have missed three home games this season and with the exception of one I havent watched any of the TV coverage of them.

We are basket case of a club at the moment seemingly unable to make the changes that we need to make to get back on track. We cling onto the past glories that may actually go no further than just a few managerial appointments that worked (Roberto, Brendan and Michael) because all the evidence outside that says we havent done much right

100%

The work was done by those 3 managers. Not forgetting support acts by other managers.

HJ struck lucky but the balance has changed in a massive way and ego and money has set the club back. It' been a slow death but this season is it.
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:14 - Dec 2 with 1490 views34dfgdf54

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:13 - Dec 2 by 3swan

100%

The work was done by those 3 managers. Not forgetting support acts by other managers.

HJ struck lucky but the balance has changed in a massive way and ego and money has set the club back. It' been a slow death but this season is it.

All well and good saying Laudrup was a success, but we couldn’t wait to get shot of him and his mate Tutumlu. Reap what we sow.
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:14 - Dec 2 with 1490 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:13 - Dec 2 by 3swan

100%

I'm guessing that your well worn track from the Midlands is used far less these days then it has been for any of the time in which I have known you?

The company I work for have tickets at Chelsea, I had them Wednesday to take clients. We were in the bar at the hotel next to Stamford Bridge and we were so tempted to stay there.
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:15 - Dec 2 with 1481 viewswhoflungdung

Missus has now thrown all our cutlery in the bin

Fans shouldn't fight amongst themselves

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:16 - Dec 2 with 1481 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:14 - Dec 2 by 34dfgdf54

All well and good saying Laudrup was a success, but we couldn’t wait to get shot of him and his mate Tutumlu. Reap what we sow.

Michael Laudrup bought us the best football we had ever played, some of the best players we have ever had, a major trophy and that unforgettable night in Valencia.

I also believe now looking back that some things were very much embellished as to how they were working
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:19 - Dec 2 with 1470 views34dfgdf54

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:16 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

Michael Laudrup bought us the best football we had ever played, some of the best players we have ever had, a major trophy and that unforgettable night in Valencia.

I also believe now looking back that some things were very much embellished as to how they were working

In all fairness he went at right time, he seemed from the outside looking in that he had lost all interest.

It’s what followed that has killed us. Depressing times, stitched up by our own, tough to take.
Login to get fewer ads

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:20 - Dec 2 with 1469 viewsGeoffThom

Jesus this sums it all up ,I personally know of one player who’s been here a while who just calls it going to work ,which I kind of get but sorry pal that’s not real work ,you represent a community in the job you do so take some feckin pride in your work not just the thousands you collect .
It’s going to sound like sour grapes but I’m starting to get fed up of making up the numbers in the prem
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:21 - Dec 2 with 1462 viewsWingstandwood

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:58 - Dec 2 by whoflungdung

As one of the least favourite posters I just want to record the fact it's truly sad to see long term fans having such spats

I d suggest the players and manager arent arsed one jot

The togetherness….The kith n’ kinship….The Esprit De Corps….The supporter and club bonding….The unification for a common cause….The “one for all and all for one” spirit/ethos that once so proudly ran through the very heart of the club and supporter community has gone. Dead in the water!!!!!!!

The bygone years of when the club, board, players and supporters were all in it together and when every man Jack was in the same boat together is sadly but a distant memory.

The club is now sadly nothing but an American hedge fund and venture capitalist project with a bunch of greedy parasitic administrators sitting in its boardroom.

Argus!

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:21 - Dec 2 with 1454 views3swan

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:14 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

I'm guessing that your well worn track from the Midlands is used far less these days then it has been for any of the time in which I have known you?

The company I work for have tickets at Chelsea, I had them Wednesday to take clients. We were in the bar at the hotel next to Stamford Bridge and we were so tempted to stay there.

No we stupidly still had ST's for this season.

Decision made for next season whatever division. No St's

We'll take our chance on getting 3 tickets together for home games and go back to some away games as well.

I've watched so many poor games in the lower divisions in my lifetime but nothing compares to this.

Aimless thoughtless football, coming from poor tactics and players that can't do the basics.

Throw in the obscene money that takes us all for mugs.

That day at Wembley was a game changer. I never expected to be in the Prem now but for the club to implode and go down without a whimper is totally unacceptable.
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:23 - Dec 2 with 1439 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:19 - Dec 2 by 34dfgdf54

In all fairness he went at right time, he seemed from the outside looking in that he had lost all interest.

It’s what followed that has killed us. Depressing times, stitched up by our own, tough to take.

This is an interesting one because at the time I would have completely agreed that it was the right time

But now I look back and wonder why he had lost interest. Had it been a genuine loss of interest or was it the interference that we see now?
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:23 - Dec 2 with 1436 viewsGeoffThom

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:14 - Dec 2 by 34dfgdf54

Tutumlu should be reinstated as feckin chairman he was so right I could bloody cry
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:24 - Dec 2 with 1424 viewsGaryjack

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:19 - Dec 2 by 34dfgdf54

I'm sure the reason he lost interest was when Huw banned Tutumulu from the club (the agent that brought in the best players we've ever had) for calling Huw a liar. An accusation that went unchallenged by the way.
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:24 - Dec 2 with 1419 viewsGeoffThom

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:23 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

This is an interesting one because at the time I would have completely agreed that it was the right time

But now I look back and wonder why he had lost interest. Had it been a genuine loss of interest or was it the interference that we see now?

The interference
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:24 - Dec 2 with 1415 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:21 - Dec 2 by 3swan

No we stupidly still had ST's for this season.

Decision made for next season whatever division. No St's

We'll take our chance on getting 3 tickets together for home games and go back to some away games as well.

I've watched so many poor games in the lower divisions in my lifetime but nothing compares to this.

Aimless thoughtless football, coming from poor tactics and players that can't do the basics.

Throw in the obscene money that takes us all for mugs.

That day at Wembley was a game changer. I never expected to be in the Prem now but for the club to implode and go down without a whimper is totally unacceptable.

Some of the football served up over the years has undoubtedly been worse than this in terms of overall standard

However, what makes this feel so much worse is that these people pick up millions to wander round without a care in the world. 10 defeats in 14 games with a 80m+ wage bill.
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:25 - Dec 2 with 1411 viewswhoflungdung

Been looking at my Facebook photos with old chums when I was really feisty fooker

Someone spit in the eye of Jenkins ,for me,for old times sake

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:25 - Dec 2 with 1409 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:28 - Dec 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

All contributed towards the current situation. Jenkins had the biggest contribution.

Phil as Chairman of The Trust contributed heavily towards the current situation as well by overseeing the free fall of the organisation and green lighting the recommendation to accept the woeful deal he and his team negotiated. For years people demanded better communication of what was going on. If they had communicated to the fan base what Jenkins and his friends had done, we'd be united and protests would be far more effective. Because of the woeful decisions made by The Trust, we do not have a united fan base and the situation is irreversible. Even if The Res gets on, he'll be gone not too long later as he can't seem to go a week without threatening supporters with violence.

Hopefully ECB and Lisa can gain control and mount some sort of coherent and united response to what is going on.

A week without threatening supporters? More like 2 hours. Every other post that cvnt makes is one saying how he's going to beat you up and such for disagreeing with him.

Come on you Swans.

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:34 - Dec 2 with 1359 viewsjackofalltrades

This sums up perfectly how I feel. The entire club is rotten to the core.
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:36 - Dec 2 with 1351 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:16 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

"I also believe now looking back that some things were very much embellished as to how they were working"

Care to elaborate on this Phil?

Come on you Swans.

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:36 - Dec 2 with 1349 views3swan

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:24 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

Some of the football served up over the years has undoubtedly been worse than this in terms of overall standard

However, what makes this feel so much worse is that these people pick up millions to wander round without a care in the world. 10 defeats in 14 games with a 80m+ wage bill.

It was poor in terms of overall standard, but was more acceptable.

As I said

"Throw in the obscene money that takes us all for mugs."

I pass Solihull Moors ground most days and saw that today they were at home to Leyton Orient and won 1-0.

A bounce of a ball and that could have been us. Maybe we would be more united as a club though

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:38 - Dec 2 with 1342 viewsmax936

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:42 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

Its painfully obvious that our recruitment has been awful for years. We have continually bought in sub standard players and sometimes not even sub standard players but our methods and style have made them look sub standard

We sold our only two goal threats in the summer and didn't replace them and now we are reaping the rewards of that.

Ever so slowly the style we were known for has been eroded and where we are now is a situation where so many people really have just lost so much of the passion for the club.

The seeing off of the first Americans meant that things were done behind the backs of the fans second time around, there was no due diligence opportunities or any opportunity to look at what was going to happen.

A Premier League club - and one that has been here for 6 complete seasons - shouldn't look like this, for Villa two years ago, Sunderland last, simply read Swansea this season.

Clement needs to go but it may only paper over the cracks as it did when Monk and Bradley went in the last two seasons. We havent learned from any of the mistakes and we wont.

And I will only ever give a frank honest answer. always have done

The reason I stopped posting on here was a clear one for me - I was fronting questions whenever we had a forum, it would have been impossible to front them everywhere. People criticise the Trust for lack of communication (and rightly so) but the reality was very few were prepared to stick their head up and be heard. Different directions, it was in the statement

This post has been edited by an administrator

Phil, yes it was done behind the Trusts back, but then the Trust said that now is not the time to get Jenkins removed, the Trust actually backed him by saying that after all he'd done, he was the main instigator of the sale of their shares, unbelievable it really is.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:41 - Dec 2 with 1323 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:36 - Dec 2 by MyFinalHeaven

"I also believe now looking back that some things were very much embellished as to how they were working"

Care to elaborate on this Phil?

It was portrayed in the public domain that Laudrup had lost interest and as a result he had to go,

Think it was touched on another post, he probably had lost interest but thats because he was watching the interference. This is one of the worlds greatest players...
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:42 - Dec 2 with 1313 viewsmax936

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:42 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

Its painfully obvious that our recruitment has been awful for years. We have continually bought in sub standard players and sometimes not even sub standard players but our methods and style have made them look sub standard

We sold our only two goal threats in the summer and didn't replace them and now we are reaping the rewards of that.

Ever so slowly the style we were known for has been eroded and where we are now is a situation where so many people really have just lost so much of the passion for the club.

The seeing off of the first Americans meant that things were done behind the backs of the fans second time around, there was no due diligence opportunities or any opportunity to look at what was going to happen.

A Premier League club - and one that has been here for 6 complete seasons - shouldn't look like this, for Villa two years ago, Sunderland last, simply read Swansea this season.

Clement needs to go but it may only paper over the cracks as it did when Monk and Bradley went in the last two seasons. We havent learned from any of the mistakes and we wont.

And I will only ever give a frank honest answer. always have done

The reason I stopped posting on here was a clear one for me - I was fronting questions whenever we had a forum, it would have been impossible to front them everywhere. People criticise the Trust for lack of communication (and rightly so) but the reality was very few were prepared to stick their head up and be heard. Different directions, it was in the statement

This post has been edited by an administrator

If people there at the

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:42 - Dec 2 with 1312 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:38 - Dec 2 by max936

Phil, yes it was done behind the Trusts back, but then the Trust said that now is not the time to get Jenkins removed, the Trust actually backed him by saying that after all he'd done, he was the main instigator of the sale of their shares, unbelievable it really is.

Indeed they did Max, indeed they did
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024