Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is to blame for the current situation? 18:57 - Dec 2 with 12092 viewslonglostjack

Who is to blame for the current situation?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 18:59 - Dec 2 with 6026 viewsunion_jack

What about Yanks and Jenkins?
[Post edited 2 Dec 2017 18:59]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:00 - Dec 2 with 6014 viewsLeonWasGod

Brexit innit. You were all warned....
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:02 - Dec 2 with 6008 viewsZaxx

It's our fault, the fans
Apparently....
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:03 - Dec 2 with 5991 viewsJackfath

Darran.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:15 - Dec 2 with 5958 viewsskettyparkherbert

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:02 - Dec 2 by Zaxx

It's our fault, the fans
Apparently....

Fellow Jacks

Please don't turn up at the liberty next Saturday and get on the players backs.

If they start to shite out of tackles, give the ball away or just hide and can't be arsed, because apparently the fans attitude upsets them?

We are well and truly in the mire and at the very least they have to come out swinging against West Brom

The atmosphere I'm sure will be toxic if we don't start with a bang.

I wonder if PC will still be in charge for that game, I'm sure he won;t be if we don't get the 3 points
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:17 - Dec 2 with 5929 viewsGaryjack

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:03 - Dec 2 by Jackfath

Darran.

Conveniently left yourself out there i see?
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:23 - Dec 2 with 5880 viewsJackfath

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:17 - Dec 2 by Garyjack

Conveniently left yourself out there i see?

I thought nobody noticed.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:28 - Dec 2 with 5840 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

All contributed towards the current situation. Jenkins had the biggest contribution.

Phil as Chairman of The Trust contributed heavily towards the current situation as well by overseeing the free fall of the organisation and green lighting the recommendation to accept the woeful deal he and his team negotiated. For years people demanded better communication of what was going on. If they had communicated to the fan base what Jenkins and his friends had done, we'd be united and protests would be far more effective. Because of the woeful decisions made by The Trust, we do not have a united fan base and the situation is irreversible. Even if The Res gets on, he'll be gone not too long later as he can't seem to go a week without threatening supporters with violence.

Hopefully ECB and Lisa can gain control and mount some sort of coherent and united response to what is going on.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:30 - Dec 2 with 5831 viewsA_Fans_Dad

There should be a Yanks/Jenks/PC.
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:32 - Dec 2 with 5821 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:28 - Dec 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

All contributed towards the current situation. Jenkins had the biggest contribution.

Phil as Chairman of The Trust contributed heavily towards the current situation as well by overseeing the free fall of the organisation and green lighting the recommendation to accept the woeful deal he and his team negotiated. For years people demanded better communication of what was going on. If they had communicated to the fan base what Jenkins and his friends had done, we'd be united and protests would be far more effective. Because of the woeful decisions made by The Trust, we do not have a united fan base and the situation is irreversible. Even if The Res gets on, he'll be gone not too long later as he can't seem to go a week without threatening supporters with violence.

Hopefully ECB and Lisa can gain control and mount some sort of coherent and united response to what is going on.

And the sad fact is you probably believe it as well - the simple fact is this whole freewill situation started the day that the people who had worked with the fans for many years elected to oversee a sale behind their backs.

Had they made that decision just a little different then things would have turned out differently - point your anger towards them and take it away from me because the likes of your ilk has seen vile comments made to people very close to me and I promise you now it wont happen again

Which just shows how little you actually understand anything.

And that is before I get started on the selective truths that I have read on here this week where people just like to repeat what suits them and forget the fuller parts of the stories when they repeat them

I hope ECB and Lisa get on as well - just like I did when I tried to get both involved when I was in the organisation

At least they have the balls that you lack as a keyboard warrior but you are in good company there, you always have been

This post has been edited by an administrator
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:35 - Dec 2 with 5769 viewsDewi1jack

Where's the option for all of them?
Sell outs inc Beaky for not doing any form of due diligence, only caring about underselling their shares as quickly as possible
Seems everyone wants to buy a PL club at times.

Trust for pushing, nay forcing through a bad, bad deal when we could have gone for the safety net of £21+ million and scared the Yanks shiteless.
Guess they may have included getting rid of Beaky and taking away the ticket rights of clog travel, stop selling sh1te coffee etc as part of a properly negotiated deal instead of having to going to Court.
We may still find out if the Trust grow a pair, rather than just be in it for the Kudos.
Or 'cos they speak Welsh innit.

In L1 or L2, we may well be able to buy the club nearly outright for £15-20 million.
Sell 40% to some Arab sheik and go for it again.

Pre season in Dubai instead of the Good 'ol US of A

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:38 - Dec 2 with 5736 viewsGeoffThom

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:32 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

And the sad fact is you probably believe it as well - the simple fact is this whole freewill situation started the day that the people who had worked with the fans for many years elected to oversee a sale behind their backs.

Had they made that decision just a little different then things would have turned out differently - point your anger towards them and take it away from me because the likes of your ilk has seen vile comments made to people very close to me and I promise you now it wont happen again

And that is before I get started on the selective truths that I have read on here this week where people just like to repeat what suits them and forget the fuller parts of the stories when they repeat them

I hope ECB and Lisa get on as well - just like I did when I tried to get both involved when I was in the organisation

At least they have the balls that you lack as a keyboard warrior but you are in good company there, you always have been

Serious question Phil how much of this debacle is down to j3nkins and his recruitment staff ,a frank honest answer would be appreciated as you have had inside knowledge?
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:42 - Dec 2 with 5696 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:38 - Dec 2 by GeoffThom

Serious question Phil how much of this debacle is down to j3nkins and his recruitment staff ,a frank honest answer would be appreciated as you have had inside knowledge?

Its painfully obvious that our recruitment has been awful for years. We have continually bought in sub standard players and sometimes not even sub standard players but our methods and style have made them look sub standard

We sold our only two goal threats in the summer and didn't replace them and now we are reaping the rewards of that.

Ever so slowly the style we were known for has been eroded and where we are now is a situation where so many people really have just lost so much of the passion for the club.

The seeing off of the first Americans meant that things were done behind the backs of the fans second time around, there was no due diligence opportunities or any opportunity to look at what was going to happen.

A Premier League club - and one that has been here for 6 complete seasons - shouldn't look like this, for Villa two years ago, Sunderland last, simply read Swansea this season.

Clement needs to go but it may only paper over the cracks as it did when Monk and Bradley went in the last two seasons. We havent learned from any of the mistakes and we wont.

And I will only ever give a frank honest answer. always have done

The reason I stopped posting on here was a clear one for me - I was fronting questions whenever we had a forum, it would have been impossible to front them everywhere. People criticise the Trust for lack of communication (and rightly so) but the reality was very few were prepared to stick their head up and be heard. Different directions, it was in the statement

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:42 - Dec 2 with 5685 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

You're right, I absolutely do believe The Trust being in such a weak position is a result of how it has been run for years.

I believe the organisation as a responsibility to do the best for the fans. I do not believe recommending the deal did that. I do not believe the lack of communication from the organisation over the past 4/5 years was for the best of the fans.

I remember years ago I wanted The Trust to issue a statement criticising Jenkins and the boards actions and all I got was ridicule and the usual abuse I was getting back then. I understand very little because I and nearly everyone else has been given very little to understand.

I've said before I appreciate the time you and others give, however that does not mean I believe it was all spent doing the best job possible. It is not just the recommendation of the deal I feel contributed to this. Over the past 3/4/5 years there has been very little communication between board members and other members. The Trust has its own group on social media, there are 5,000+ passionate supporters in the group. Yet an embarrassing number have no idea what went on, how you were betrayed, and what you've been doing to try and rectify it. Putting a link to a statement out once a month is not going to reach enough people. The fan base should have been united via effective strategies, whether that be flyer distribution before games or consistent emails, statements, updates. There is so much anger right now, if The Trust was in a strong position they could direct it towards Jenkins. Instead the fan base is do divided in terms of opinion of Jenkins as well as divided regarding who knows what has gone on and who doesn't, uniting everyone is impossible.

Now the 'working relationship' that I am sure you will use as the reason for not raising these issues earlier is scuppered after they tried to change the deal, there is no excuse now not to mobilise the fan base. Hopefully whoever is in charge next will make it the priority.

Thousands protesting before and after games, constant media attention and relentless dissent towards the Americans and Jenkins will do far more for your negotiating position than staying silent and hoping for a working relationship.

I haven't worded this very well but I am sure it expresses my point.

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:46 - Dec 2 with 5645 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:42 - Dec 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You're right, I absolutely do believe The Trust being in such a weak position is a result of how it has been run for years.

I believe the organisation as a responsibility to do the best for the fans. I do not believe recommending the deal did that. I do not believe the lack of communication from the organisation over the past 4/5 years was for the best of the fans.

I remember years ago I wanted The Trust to issue a statement criticising Jenkins and the boards actions and all I got was ridicule and the usual abuse I was getting back then. I understand very little because I and nearly everyone else has been given very little to understand.

I've said before I appreciate the time you and others give, however that does not mean I believe it was all spent doing the best job possible. It is not just the recommendation of the deal I feel contributed to this. Over the past 3/4/5 years there has been very little communication between board members and other members. The Trust has its own group on social media, there are 5,000+ passionate supporters in the group. Yet an embarrassing number have no idea what went on, how you were betrayed, and what you've been doing to try and rectify it. Putting a link to a statement out once a month is not going to reach enough people. The fan base should have been united via effective strategies, whether that be flyer distribution before games or consistent emails, statements, updates. There is so much anger right now, if The Trust was in a strong position they could direct it towards Jenkins. Instead the fan base is do divided in terms of opinion of Jenkins as well as divided regarding who knows what has gone on and who doesn't, uniting everyone is impossible.

Now the 'working relationship' that I am sure you will use as the reason for not raising these issues earlier is scuppered after they tried to change the deal, there is no excuse now not to mobilise the fan base. Hopefully whoever is in charge next will make it the priority.

Thousands protesting before and after games, constant media attention and relentless dissent towards the Americans and Jenkins will do far more for your negotiating position than staying silent and hoping for a working relationship.

I haven't worded this very well but I am sure it expresses my point.

Indeed so suggest it to the Trust or better still use the passion you clearly have and volunteer to help

Because that was what was missing, people to be the foot soldiers that was desperately needed. There just weren't enough.

But you singled me out personally and as one fighting against the tide I am sure you will understand my reluctance to accept that
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:47 - Dec 2 with 5626 viewsGowerjack

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:35 - Dec 2 by Dewi1jack

Where's the option for all of them?
Sell outs inc Beaky for not doing any form of due diligence, only caring about underselling their shares as quickly as possible
Seems everyone wants to buy a PL club at times.

Trust for pushing, nay forcing through a bad, bad deal when we could have gone for the safety net of £21+ million and scared the Yanks shiteless.
Guess they may have included getting rid of Beaky and taking away the ticket rights of clog travel, stop selling sh1te coffee etc as part of a properly negotiated deal instead of having to going to Court.
We may still find out if the Trust grow a pair, rather than just be in it for the Kudos.
Or 'cos they speak Welsh innit.

In L1 or L2, we may well be able to buy the club nearly outright for £15-20 million.
Sell 40% to some Arab sheik and go for it again.

Pre season in Dubai instead of the Good 'ol US of A

Agree with all of this.

And I'm sorry Phil but all this happened on your watch an error further exasipated by the frankly astonishing decision to accept a deal from the nest of vipers that own our club.

Not good enough.

Not by a long long chalk.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:50 - Dec 2 with 5600 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I see you edited your post and added the other 5 paragraphs as I was typing my response.

Are you really resorting to calling me a keyboard warrior because I did not apply to be a board member? And a lack of balls? Really? That is pathetic.

I believe many of my views are shared by a lot of people. Do they all lack balls too if they didn't apply to be a board member?

I haven't made a vile comments towards anyone and I have never encouraged that either. I'd be amazed if you could find one post on here where I did anything of the sort in my 1000s of posts on here, suggesting I am part of that 'ilk' is insulting.

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:50 - Dec 2 with 5603 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:47 - Dec 2 by Gowerjack

Agree with all of this.

And I'm sorry Phil but all this happened on your watch an error further exasipated by the frankly astonishing decision to accept a deal from the nest of vipers that own our club.

Not good enough.

Not by a long long chalk.

The error that allowed people to sit in a room and make a conscious decision to sell their shares without informing the largest individual shareholder? That error?

That was their decision and the one that ruined the club and everything that we had all worked towards

There is a reason I am now on the outside but dont let that cloud your judgement on the views of the deal

Still I will always stand strong as someone who at least tried to make a difference and for many years did just that
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:52 - Dec 2 with 5582 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:50 - Dec 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I see you edited your post and added the other 5 paragraphs as I was typing my response.

Are you really resorting to calling me a keyboard warrior because I did not apply to be a board member? And a lack of balls? Really? That is pathetic.

I believe many of my views are shared by a lot of people. Do they all lack balls too if they didn't apply to be a board member?

I haven't made a vile comments towards anyone and I have never encouraged that either. I'd be amazed if you could find one post on here where I did anything of the sort in my 1000s of posts on here, suggesting I am part of that 'ilk' is insulting.

Maybe so but the views that you have stated influence others and I wont make comment as to what the vile comments were but suffice to say that certain people should never be exposed to that

Anyway I apologise for the full rant that was made - some of it I would stand by, not so much other bits so theres the apology.

And I hate to point this bit but at no point did I add 5 paragraphs to any post

You have the last word, it's all yours, I'm enjoying my retirement and will treat it as such :D

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:55 - Dec 2 with 5546 viewsGeoffThom

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:42 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

Its painfully obvious that our recruitment has been awful for years. We have continually bought in sub standard players and sometimes not even sub standard players but our methods and style have made them look sub standard

We sold our only two goal threats in the summer and didn't replace them and now we are reaping the rewards of that.

Ever so slowly the style we were known for has been eroded and where we are now is a situation where so many people really have just lost so much of the passion for the club.

The seeing off of the first Americans meant that things were done behind the backs of the fans second time around, there was no due diligence opportunities or any opportunity to look at what was going to happen.

A Premier League club - and one that has been here for 6 complete seasons - shouldn't look like this, for Villa two years ago, Sunderland last, simply read Swansea this season.

Clement needs to go but it may only paper over the cracks as it did when Monk and Bradley went in the last two seasons. We havent learned from any of the mistakes and we wont.

And I will only ever give a frank honest answer. always have done

The reason I stopped posting on here was a clear one for me - I was fronting questions whenever we had a forum, it would have been impossible to front them everywhere. People criticise the Trust for lack of communication (and rightly so) but the reality was very few were prepared to stick their head up and be heard. Different directions, it was in the statement

THanks for that answer Phil ,even though you’d make a bloody good politician as you didn’t really address my main incumbent in your answer 😃 as I’d really like to get too the bottom of who is really responsible for the loss of our hard earned status ?
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:57 - Dec 2 with 5520 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:55 - Dec 2 by GeoffThom

THanks for that answer Phil ,even though you’d make a bloody good politician as you didn’t really address my main incumbent in your answer 😃 as I’d really like to get too the bottom of who is really responsible for the loss of our hard earned status ?

Jenkins oversees the football side of things so in as much as he would take the credit when it was going well he has to take the responsibility when it isn't
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:58 - Dec 2 with 5503 viewswhoflungdung

As one of the least favourite posters I just want to record the fact it's truly sad to see long term fans having such spats

I d suggest the players and manager arent arsed one jot

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:00 - Dec 2 with 5479 viewsGeoffThom

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:57 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

Jenkins oversees the football side of things so in as much as he would take the credit when it was going well he has to take the responsibility when it isn't

Thanks for confirmation,I know it’s well reported but you are the horses mouth 👍
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:00 - Dec 2 with 5465 viewsGowerjack

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:58 - Dec 2 by whoflungdung

As one of the least favourite posters I just want to record the fact it's truly sad to see long term fans having such spats

I d suggest the players and manager arent arsed one jot

You're my favourite poster Richard.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:04 - Dec 2 with 5431 viewswhoflungdung

Jeez.

That s humbling

I'm feeling rather wan right now and I'm reflecting on the recent past .

I've not the fight to give any poster a slap right now

Turn in up

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024