Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Neil Young fans 23:51 - Dec 2 with 5701 viewsEbo

Check out http://www.neilyoungarchives.com/ everything is up there free to listen to in very high quality.

Takes a while to load up but worth it!

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

FAO Neil Young fans on 19:26 - Dec 6 with 657 viewsFieryJack

FAO Neil Young fans on 09:12 - Dec 6 by Professor

Indeed

Mark Edward Smith. Sad to see when contemporaries like Peter Hook or Bernard Sumner are in such rude health. Not seen 'The Fall' for about 8 years, but even then the signs were there. A great band, Although many dislike the more 'pop' records when Brix was on board the, body of work from 'The Wonderful and Frightening World of the Fall' through to 'Code Selfish' are a great run of albums-quality and quantity. Great acerbic lyrics'. Always thought the sacking of Craig Scanlon and Steve Hanley was the big mistake-now of course in the 'Extricated' with Brix who are good live.

'He is not appreciated'

You might not know this, but The Fall played at the Patti Pavillion in Swansea on 14 March 1992, as far as I know the only time they played in the city, and the last time I ever saw them.

Stupidly, I became irritated by Smith's infamous refusal to acknowledge the existence of the audience, and in a childish fit of pique, lobbed a half full can of lager at him. He was well-practiced in the avoidance of missiles, and elegantly evaded it - thankfully.

Unfortunately, I'm old enough to have purchased their first single (Bingo Master's Breakout) when I was 17. Bought all their stuff up to Wonderful & Frightening World, then gradually lost interest.

Surely no band on the planet can have played at such a huge number of bizarre, obscure & unlikely venues around Europe as this lot.

Bonkers & hugely admirable.

Anti-fashion, anti-music biz & anti-bullsh*t.

You're right about Scanlon & Hanley.
FAO Neil Young fans on 11:36 - Dec 7 with 630 viewsProfessor

FAO Neil Young fans on 19:26 - Dec 6 by FieryJack

You might not know this, but The Fall played at the Patti Pavillion in Swansea on 14 March 1992, as far as I know the only time they played in the city, and the last time I ever saw them.

Stupidly, I became irritated by Smith's infamous refusal to acknowledge the existence of the audience, and in a childish fit of pique, lobbed a half full can of lager at him. He was well-practiced in the avoidance of missiles, and elegantly evaded it - thankfully.

Unfortunately, I'm old enough to have purchased their first single (Bingo Master's Breakout) when I was 17. Bought all their stuff up to Wonderful & Frightening World, then gradually lost interest.

Surely no band on the planet can have played at such a huge number of bizarre, obscure & unlikely venues around Europe as this lot.

Bonkers & hugely admirable.

Anti-fashion, anti-music biz & anti-bullsh*t.

You're right about Scanlon & Hanley.

Was living in Oxford then, but some associates went to the Patti. I reckon you are about 6-7 years older than me, so my introduction was 'Lay of the land' on Whistle Test with Michael Clark dancing in front in 1983 or 84. Big fan for about 10 years or so, but rather lost interest in music in my late 20s (probably as so busy with PhD). Saw them in Liverpool about 8 years ago last.

As John Peel said: 'The Fall. Always the same, always different.'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024