Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Independent Supporters Group 16:42 - Dec 3 with 43217 viewsPhil_S

OK been some discussion on this but who thinks this is the way to go

Details are really on this thread

Independent Supporters Group on 00:37 - Dec 6 with 5195 viewsEilian

Independent Supporters Group on 22:48 - Dec 5 by TheResurrection

Had my interview tonight.

Around 45 minutes. I stated the questions they were asking were specific to me but they assured me they were for everyone.

I won't get on there. I don't think, I spoke my mind and brought up lots of the issues I'd raised on here over the years and whilst I said I would respect confidentiality I also thought it important to put the cat among the pigeons. I asked them if they were proud of theirachievements, I criticised the hell out of their lack of engagement, I took credit for the number of applicants and asked them how they would deal with a pain in the arse like me.

....they said don't call us, we'll call you.....

Im disappointed Chris ill be honest. Doesn't look like you will be able to change much if you have just gone straight in and stepped on everyone's toes.

It's a shame.
Independent Supporters Group on 01:22 - Dec 6 with 5159 viewsGaryjack

Independent Supporters Group on 00:37 - Dec 6 by Eilian

Im disappointed Chris ill be honest. Doesn't look like you will be able to change much if you have just gone straight in and stepped on everyone's toes.

It's a shame.

He;s being true to himself. If the trust don't want people who stand by their own principles then that's up to them. It ain't no fault of the candidates for being honest from the start.
Independent Supporters Group on 08:05 - Dec 6 with 5025 viewsTheResurrection

Independent Supporters Group on 00:37 - Dec 6 by Eilian

It's a shame.

As Gary has already said, it was important to me personally to not go in there and repeat pre-planned responses to the questions I knew they were going to ask.

What did you expect? For me to have one character on here, where I've raised several issues over the years and then to adopt a second face during the interview.

That's not who I am I'm afraid so if that disappoints you then I guess I'm just going to have to try and live with that, I don't know how mind, but I will try....

I've had a quick snapshot of how the Trust works last night, and some of the Board members that sit on it, and I stand by what I've said for years gone by now.....

It desperately needs new blood. Some fresh faces, a younger dynamic and a bloody good kicking.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Independent Supporters Group on 08:24 - Dec 6 with 4975 viewspencoedjack

Independent Supporters Group on 08:05 - Dec 6 by TheResurrection

As Gary has already said, it was important to me personally to not go in there and repeat pre-planned responses to the questions I knew they were going to ask.

What did you expect? For me to have one character on here, where I've raised several issues over the years and then to adopt a second face during the interview.

That's not who I am I'm afraid so if that disappoints you then I guess I'm just going to have to try and live with that, I don't know how mind, but I will try....

I've had a quick snapshot of how the Trust works last night, and some of the Board members that sit on it, and I stand by what I've said for years gone by now.....

It desperately needs new blood. Some fresh faces, a younger dynamic and a bloody good kicking.

I'd like to think a trust especially 1 I pay into, is forward thinking enough to realize that it needs people like you & Lisa to progress.

As much as I disagree with you about Jenkins its pretty obvious the whole trust needs a shake up otherwise its going down the pan.

Lets hope those who interviewed you have some balls.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2017 8:25]
Independent Supporters Group on 08:30 - Dec 6 with 4963 viewsTheResurrection

Independent Supporters Group on 08:24 - Dec 6 by pencoedjack

I'd like to think a trust especially 1 I pay into, is forward thinking enough to realize that it needs people like you & Lisa to progress.

As much as I disagree with you about Jenkins its pretty obvious the whole trust needs a shake up otherwise its going down the pan.

Lets hope those who interviewed you have some balls.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2017 8:25]

I don't think we particularly or fundamentally disagree about Jenkins. It's just my opinion that he can still be useful in a predicament like this.

Ultimately I'd love a full review of his position and our overseeing of player recruitment.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Independent Supporters Group on 09:01 - Dec 6 with 4908 viewswhoflungdung

Good try Chrissy but ,sad to say, deviousness is part of life .Its all pervading especially at interviews of any description .

I've done ok in life mainly because I was good at interviewing and being interviewed .

Honestly is often the last criteria

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Independent Supporters Group on 09:12 - Dec 6 with 4891 viewsNookiejack

Independent Supporters Group on 23:07 - Dec 5 by Uxbridge

If you think that, you need to pay better attention. Although I do end up having to correct certain things.

As for the current board, i believe we're at 8 elected and 2 coopted, which I expect to rise to 6. Cath has been there longer than I have been. Plus of course the non board members, our legal affiliate and Secretary.

Not your most accurate post there Stu.

As for discussions regarding the deal, primarily that's with the lawyers drafting the paperwork. If anything comes up then it comes to the board. Obviously Stu is first point of contact as our SD. However, as Matt pointed out in his earlier excellent post, any bones of contention would go to the full board. Nobody gets to railroad anything through on their own.

re Cath Dyer

In the 10th Aug 17 Minutes it states she was a new Board member like yourself.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Supporters-Trust-Board-M
Independent Supporters Group on 09:20 - Dec 6 with 4871 viewsDarran

Independent Supporters Group on 09:01 - Dec 6 by whoflungdung

Good try Chrissy but ,sad to say, deviousness is part of life .Its all pervading especially at interviews of any description .

I've done ok in life mainly because I was good at interviewing and being interviewed .

Honestly is often the last criteria

And using people.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Independent Supporters Group on 09:42 - Dec 6 with 4839 viewsNookiejack

Independent Supporters Group on 04:32 - Dec 5 by LeonWasGod

Well unless someone with inside knowledge can persuade me otherwise, this is very much what it looks like. A 21% stake yet it appears we are ridden over, ignored or excluded. Impotent.

But at least the Trust has that legal shareholding link and an official role within the organisational structure (even if it appears to have no influence at the moment). It is something to work on if the Trust can be reinvigorated.

I fail to see how a new group could be anything other than a shouting shop. That would be cathartic for sure, but what beyond that? It can't influence the club (other than by direct action like demonstrations (that may or may not be attended - the last one didn't seem to take off)). It can supercede the Trust. It can't replicate the early days of the revolt against Petty as there aren't enough buckets given how big the club is now.

Based on what's been said in this thread it seems a bit of a distraction from what is needed - i.e getting the Trust working well.

This posts keeps going through my head - as too me it expresses the currrent Trust Board’s view.

I totally understand the sentiment and emotion in the fact of the struggle to obtain a 21% shareholding and the fact that there are few Supporters Groups which have a shareholding in a professional club let alone a PL one.

The thing is that was fine when no one shareholder had a controlling interest.

The reality now is Trust is in a totally minority position and is totally impotent under the new articles.

The purpose of the Trust is not to maintain a shareholding.

Neither is it to mainin Premier League Football.

It is to maintain professional football within Swansea and to have a Supporters voice / influence within the club.

Holding on to a minority shareholding where the Majority shareholder is a Venture Capitalist means the Trust has no influence.

The trouble now is that as the deal offered is so bad - with the drag rights being conceded - the people on the Trust Board like Leonisgod will end up losing the stake for nothing in a few years time when we drop out of the PL, the Yanks sell and the Trust is dragged along and has to sell its stake for a pittance.

This is what Uxbridge wanted to be goal aligned with the Yanks - to risk relegation and risk losing £20m of value.

The Trust needs to take legal action and protect the £20m of value to guarantee Professional football for generations to come.
Independent Supporters Group on 09:48 - Dec 6 with 4826 viewswobbly

Independent Supporters Group on 09:12 - Dec 6 by Nookiejack

re Cath Dyer

In the 10th Aug 17 Minutes it states she was a new Board member like yourself.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Supporters-Trust-Board-M

I've decided that Nookie is the worst f*cking sleuth in the world.
Independent Supporters Group on 10:08 - Dec 6 with 4797 viewsNookiejack

Independent Supporters Group on 09:48 - Dec 6 by wobbly

I've decided that Nookie is the worst f*cking sleuth in the world.

So that means she must have been previously co-opted like Uxbridge and both joined the board as elected members last August.

Yes agreed I am the worst sleuth and means that Cath could potentially be the puppet-master - and not unelected Board member.

It would be great if Uxbridge could clarify though how long each remaining Board member has served as a co-opted and elected member - now and also at the time of the recommendation to members.
Independent Supporters Group on 10:54 - Dec 6 with 4722 viewsUxbridge

Independent Supporters Group on 10:08 - Dec 6 by Nookiejack

So that means she must have been previously co-opted like Uxbridge and both joined the board as elected members last August.

Yes agreed I am the worst sleuth and means that Cath could potentially be the puppet-master - and not unelected Board member.

It would be great if Uxbridge could clarify though how long each remaining Board member has served as a co-opted and elected member - now and also at the time of the recommendation to members.

Your puppetmaster theory is quite amusing in fairness. Especially implying Cath. She's lovely, and does a load of good work with the DSA.

Anyway, Uxbridge doesn't know who joined when as Uxbridge joined the board in mid 2014. I've asked our secretary the same question and there'll be something put together. Saying that, if you want to find these things out I'd suggest a) looking through the AGM and meeting documents online yourself or b) sending a request for information directly to the Trust. They're not short of contact options.

As you're a bit of a rubbish sleuth (joke! I do hope that's allowed, although having an opinion doesn't seem to be), I did my own analysis based on https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/trust-board-and-agm-minutes/ . Based on said publicly available documents, it looks like one board member may have been affected based on more than 12 continuous years of service prior to this summer, and potentially two at this exact moment in time (it may just be one, unclear from the docs online when the other joined).

If you're looking for a lack of a quorum for the ballot this past summer, I suspect you're going to come up short. Not that a quorum was needed anyway, if we're being pedantic.

Oh, and as I'm here, just to correct Max's comments on that, the only reason I mentioned there didn't have to be a ballot was to dispel the myth that seems to be perpetuated that the Trust board was somehow anti-democratic. If that was in any way accurate, there simply wouldn't have been a ballot. I rather resent the implication that comment was twisted to imply that I think some sort of gratitude should be shown for there being a ballot at all. I've said countless times on here, the board could never have made that decision without one IMO.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Independent Supporters Group on 11:12 - Dec 6 with 4677 viewsShaky

Independent Supporters Group on 22:48 - Dec 5 by TheResurrection

Had my interview tonight.

Around 45 minutes. I stated the questions they were asking were specific to me but they assured me they were for everyone.

I won't get on there. I don't think, I spoke my mind and brought up lots of the issues I'd raised on here over the years and whilst I said I would respect confidentiality I also thought it important to put the cat among the pigeons. I asked them if they were proud of theirachievements, I criticised the hell out of their lack of engagement, I took credit for the number of applicants and asked them how they would deal with a pain in the arse like me.

....they said don't call us, we'll call you.....

i am genuinely confused. You support board confidentiality?

You are against transparency?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Independent Supporters Group on 11:15 - Dec 6 with 4667 viewsShaky

Independent Supporters Group on 11:12 - Dec 6 by Shaky

. . .and therefore accountability?

I think I'm wasting my time here.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Independent Supporters Group on 12:02 - Dec 6 with 4582 viewsTheResurrection

Independent Supporters Group on 11:12 - Dec 6 by Shaky

I said I respect confidentiality, not support.

If something is confidential it is what it is I'm afraid.

Which items are actually classed as confidential and which shouldn't be could be a whole new discussion.

Against transparency??? Do me a favour next time mate, drop the attitude and I'll speak properly to you and if you feel you're wasting your time, on your way...

Independent Supporters Group on 12:30 - Dec 6 with 4521 viewsWingstandwood

Independent Supporters Group on 08:05 - Dec 6 by TheResurrection

If the trust is some kind of 'closed-shop' that excludes certain individuals because they are prepared to stand up for the supporter base/SCST membership and are prepared to react outside the boundary of passive-over-diplomacy?

...........There is absolutely no reason for the trust to exist anymore because it is no longer there for its supporter base/membership!

Argus!

Independent Supporters Group on 12:31 - Dec 6 with 4519 viewswobbly

Independent Supporters Group on 12:02 - Dec 6 by TheResurrection

I said I respect confidentiality, not support.

If something is confidential it is what it is I'm afraid.

Which items are actually classed as confidential and which shouldn't be could be a whole new discussion.

Against transparency??? Do me a favour next time mate, drop the attitude and I'll speak properly to you and if you feel you're wasting your time, on your way...

One 45 minute interview and you've gone native.
Independent Supporters Group on 19:13 - Dec 6 with 4257 viewsexiledclaseboy

Independent Supporters Group on 21:48 - Dec 5 by monmouth

As I've said, interview them. Maybe ask what you want to ask about their appalling performance, poor credibility, cowardly forelock tugging, useless communication and strategic lack of direction, and set your own agenda. I'd tend to start with the question 'what basis exactly are you using to decide who is co-opted' and probe how they deal with contention and conflicting viewpoints.. Make them feel hugely uncomfortable for making you feel hugely uncomfortable. Compared to a high powered Sir Humphrey they are but pawns and pygmies. Have some fun.

If they then refuse you it shows that they just want a yes man and that was the whole purpose of the exercise.

All done. Didn’t last as long as Chris’s but it’s fair to say that Chris and I have different styles in these things. Let’s see what happens.

Poll: Tory leader

Independent Supporters Group on 19:25 - Dec 6 with 4238 viewslondonlisa2001

Independent Supporters Group on 19:13 - Dec 6 by exiledclaseboy

All done. Didn’t last as long as Chris’s but it’s fair to say that Chris and I have different styles in these things. Let’s see what happens.

That must be a great relief for you Clasie. I can only imagine you didn't sleep a wink last night with the worry of it all...

Whatever happens, you can hopefully take heart that you've done your best :-)
Independent Supporters Group on 19:27 - Dec 6 with 4231 viewsexiledclaseboy

Independent Supporters Group on 19:25 - Dec 6 by londonlisa2001

That must be a great relief for you Clasie. I can only imagine you didn't sleep a wink last night with the worry of it all...

Whatever happens, you can hopefully take heart that you've done your best :-)

Now I’ve got the worry of waiting for the decision. I’ve already spent the pay rise so I’d better get it.

Independent Supporters Group on 19:30 - Dec 6 with 4219 viewslondonlisa2001

Independent Supporters Group on 19:27 - Dec 6 by exiledclaseboy

Now I’ve got the worry of waiting for the decision. I’ve already spent the pay rise so I’d better get it.

You've decided what outfit you're going to wear in the director's' box and everything haven't you...
Independent Supporters Group on 19:31 - Dec 6 with 4211 viewsexiledclaseboy

Independent Supporters Group on 19:30 - Dec 6 by londonlisa2001

You've decided what outfit you're going to wear in the director's' box and everything haven't you...

I hope that rota thing to sit in there isn’t compulsory otherwise we already have a problem.

Independent Supporters Group on 19:32 - Dec 6 with 4206 viewsGaryjack

Independent Supporters Group on 19:30 - Dec 6 by londonlisa2001

When's your interview Lisa?
Independent Supporters Group on 19:32 - Dec 6 with 4204 viewsunion_jack

Independent Supporters Group on 19:31 - Dec 6 by exiledclaseboy

I hope that rota thing to sit in there isn’t compulsory otherwise we already have a problem.

You can't hog it for yourself you know!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Independent Supporters Group on 19:36 - Dec 6 with 4190 viewslondonlisa2001

Independent Supporters Group on 19:32 - Dec 6 by Garyjack

When's your interview Lisa?

I don't have one scheduled at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024