Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Independent Supporters Group 16:42 - Dec 3 with 42912 viewsPhil_S

OK been some discussion on this but who thinks this is the way to go

Details are really on this thread

Independent Supporters Group on 19:08 - Dec 3 with 2071 viewsTenbySwan

This new group COULD give the Trust more ammunition to get the Board to agree to things in a sort of good cop, bad cop way.

I would support
Independent Supporters Group on 19:23 - Dec 3 with 2022 viewsDrGonzo

Will it have a militant wing?
Independent Supporters Group on 19:27 - Dec 3 with 1994 viewsNeath_Jack

Independent Supporters Group on 19:23 - Dec 3 by DrGonzo

Will it have a militant wing?

It is the militant wing as far as i can see.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Independent Supporters Group on 19:34 - Dec 3 with 1969 viewsTheResurrection

Independent Supporters Group on 18:57 - Dec 3 by monmouth

My gut feeling is that it has to be connected in some way to the Trust as otherwise what is the Trust for? That is, the Supporters Trust and the Supporters surely should have aligned objectives.

I totally get that it could be a militant wing that is not controlled by the Trust, could be much more vocal, and in fact can be a vehicle to keep the Trust 'honest' (can't think of a better word), but I can't see how they could have differing broad objectives. Otherwise what happens when the supporters trust disagrees with the supporters group or vice versa? Both must implicitly support each others activities even if there is no explicit public confirmation, or both grous will end up fighting each other rather than looking after the interests of supporters against the common 'enemy' (couldn't think of a better word).

Actually that idea of keeping the Trust from going 'native' (can't think of a better word) is getting more appealing by the second, as if this second group was to grow and the Trust Board was letting us down, then we all join the Trust and take it over, by voting all the 'natives' off. So I'm back to thinking there has to be a complicit agreement, even if the Trust can't or won't state that publicly.

Just stream-of-consciousness musing, sorry. That's a long winded way of saying yes, a group that can maybe do what the trust can't, and is not constrained by form over substance, in principle has my support.

I'm sorry but the Trust doesn't have to that wet.

Phil, you could have done this while on there. We were all actually begging you.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Independent Supporters Group on 19:43 - Dec 3 with 1919 viewsvetchonian

Sounds good Phil and I'm in......
On another note can anything be done to stop the deal?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Independent Supporters Group on 19:43 - Dec 3 with 1917 viewsLandore_Jack

Surely, this would be a nail in the Supporters Trust coffin? A move welcomed by the Americans and Jenkins.

#backtojack

Independent Supporters Group on 19:48 - Dec 3 with 1889 viewsLandore_Jack

Why has this idea only now been suggested when fans have been begging the Trust for years to take on board and action the concerns of the supporters? In fact, Phil S clearly stated that all fans should get behind the Trust when a Supporters Action group was being suggested by Murph and Morning Star.

#backtojack

Independent Supporters Group on 19:53 - Dec 3 with 1856 viewsmax936

Independent Supporters Group on 19:48 - Dec 3 by Landore_Jack

Why has this idea only now been suggested when fans have been begging the Trust for years to take on board and action the concerns of the supporters? In fact, Phil S clearly stated that all fans should get behind the Trust when a Supporters Action group was being suggested by Murph and Morning Star.

Things have seemed to change since McDonald came on board or is that just a coincidence? unless the Yanks have told them to get in line and shut the fuk up.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Independent Supporters Group on 19:53 - Dec 3 with 1856 viewsHighjack

The most important thing is what are we going to call it.

Last time we had 'The War Against Tony'.

What about:

'Battle Against Sellouts Then Americans, Recover Dear Swans'?

'Conquest Of Conk Knose?'

'Fans Against Nefarious New Yorkers'?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Independent Supporters Group on 19:57 - Dec 3 with 1832 viewsmonmouth

Independent Supporters Group on 19:34 - Dec 3 by TheResurrection

I'm sorry but the Trust doesn't have to that wet.

Phil, you could have done this while on there. We were all actually begging you.

THis is what I'm struggling with. It has to do something that the current Trust is unable (Board/Shareholder restrictions) or unwilling (not acting in supporters interest) to do. Otherwise the Trust should just do it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Independent Supporters Group on 19:59 - Dec 3 with 1816 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Independent Supporters Group on 19:43 - Dec 3 by Landore_Jack

Surely, this would be a nail in the Supporters Trust coffin? A move welcomed by the Americans and Jenkins.

I imagine they think the Trust is just fine and dandy and wouldn't want a nail in its coffin right now...

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Independent Supporters Group on 20:01 - Dec 3 with 1797 viewsSwanLuke

Independent Supporters Group on 19:53 - Dec 3 by Highjack

The most important thing is what are we going to call it.

Last time we had 'The War Against Tony'.

What about:

'Battle Against Sellouts Then Americans, Recover Dear Swans'?

'Conquest Of Conk Knose?'

'Fans Against Nefarious New Yorkers'?

T the W war A against T the S sell outs
Independent Supporters Group on 20:01 - Dec 3 with 1795 viewsbudegan

In.

I've learnt a lot I didn't know tonight and appreciate Phil giving up so much time on a Sunday to this forum.
Independent Supporters Group on 20:03 - Dec 3 with 1787 viewsGaryjack

Independent Supporters Group on 19:48 - Dec 3 by Landore_Jack

LJ, I am morningstar. At the time the action group was suggested, it was taken very seriously by certain members of the trust. Fortunately it coincided with an upturn in our fortunes on the field, and it lost momentum. But there were certainly plans ready to be put in place.
Independent Supporters Group on 20:06 - Dec 3 with 1755 viewsmax936

Independent Supporters Group on 20:03 - Dec 3 by Garyjack

LJ, I am morningstar. At the time the action group was suggested, it was taken very seriously by certain members of the trust. Fortunately it coincided with an upturn in our fortunes on the field, and it lost momentum. But there were certainly plans ready to be put in place.

Rekindle them Gazzer.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Independent Supporters Group on 20:10 - Dec 3 with 1717 viewsSgorioFruit

Sounds good Phil, count me in

also, I have recent experience handling the media, Sky Sports News etc, I'm sure I can offer my letter writing services somehow

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Independent Supporters Group on 20:11 - Dec 3 with 1707 viewsSwanjaxs

Let's make this happen.... no more apathy, your either in or don't bother at all, go play bowls on a weekend 👍 Time to reclaim OUR club 👊

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Independent Supporters Group on 20:12 - Dec 3 with 1697 viewsGaryjack

Independent Supporters Group on 20:06 - Dec 3 by max936

Rekindle them Gazzer.

Isn't that we're trying to do here Max?
Independent Supporters Group on 20:13 - Dec 3 with 1685 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’ve no idea how this would work if I end up being co-opted onto the Trust board but f*ck it. I’m in anyway.

Poll: Tory leader

Independent Supporters Group on 20:14 - Dec 3 with 1683 viewsLandore_Jack

Independent Supporters Group on 20:03 - Dec 3 by Garyjack

Thanks Gary. Would you consider using those plans again or would you rather start from scratch?

#backtojack

Independent Supporters Group on 20:17 - Dec 3 with 1655 viewsJackfath

Independent Supporters Group on 20:13 - Dec 3 by exiledclaseboy

I’ve no idea how this would work if I end up being co-opted onto the Trust board but f*ck it. I’m in anyway.

You is going to be well busy init

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Independent Supporters Group on 20:19 - Dec 3 with 1646 viewsGaryjack

Independent Supporters Group on 20:14 - Dec 3 by Landore_Jack

Thanks Gary. Would you consider using those plans again or would you rather start from scratch?

Yes i would, but it would be up to the people involved what course of action we take.
Independent Supporters Group on 20:21 - Dec 3 with 1636 viewsmonmouth

Independent Supporters Group on 20:13 - Dec 3 by exiledclaseboy

If it works properly there should be synergy not conflict between the two.

You can float Queenlike on the Trust Board, whilst lighting the blue touch paper on the Militant Wing.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Independent Supporters Group on 20:24 - Dec 3 with 1616 views3swan

Independent Supporters Group on 20:21 - Dec 3 by monmouth

If it works properly there should be synergy not conflict between the two.

You can float Queenlike on the Trust Board, whilst lighting the blue touch paper on the Militant Wing.

Don't say Queenlike he'll only burst into song
Independent Supporters Group on 20:26 - Dec 3 with 1594 viewslondonlisa2001

Ive been thinking about this for a couple of hours now.

My thoughts, for what they're worth.

My belief is that the only responsibility of the Trust was to work as best it could towards the principles it sets out in its objectives, namely:

To maintain a professional football club in Swansea;
To bring the football club closer to it’s local community;
To have elected representation on the Board of Swansea City Football Club;
To maintain and increase a stake in the club, in pursuance of the aims above;
To represent the needs and aims of our members at all times;

If, at any point, those objectives became contradictory, then they should be prioritised, with (1) and (2) being the most important.

How it achieved that is a matter of opinion, and has certainly changed over the years.

I don't see anything in those aims which say 'make sure that the Trust never creates waves'. 'Make sure that the Trust never speaks out against the direction the club is taking'. Or anything similar.

Most on here believe that the club is a shambles. It lacks direction, fan engagement, the recruitment is woeful, the manager is floundering, players are needed, the squad is patchy and unbalanced, and we look like we are careering toward the Championship.

If the Trust does not speak out about this, then the first couple of stated Trust objectives are simply not being heeded.

Many on here have been saying for ages that the Trust needs to take action. To launch a PR campaign to explain to the fan base at large exactly what has happened at the club to get us to this point. I believed and still do, that this should be accompanied by legal action to build a war chest that gives the Trust the best chance of one day taking a strong position in the club once more.

I don't believe that the owners know what they are doing, and I don't believe they care about anything other than making a profit or at the very least getting their money back.

The Trust has been silent and toothless in terms of pointing this out.

So an opportunity has now come up for a few people who believe in change joining the board to make that change. I have volunteered to do this, as have others on here.

We now talk about a new group being formed instead.

I will bet everything that I have, that if a new group is formed, within months the only focus of the Trust will be fighting against the new group. I have zero interest in being involved with that. I'm not joining a Trust in an attempt to give it teeth for once, to find that those who are prepared to show their teeth have now set up an alternative vehicle.

Either the view is we get the Trust doing what it should be doing, or we take the view that the Trust is a patsy, and set up an alternative group. Doing both, seems to me to be divisive. I don't mind which it is (although if they won't listen to a 21% shareholder, God knows why they'll listen to another group) but if this is happening, I can't see the point of trying to change within the Trust as well. It'll be like Life of Brian.

The only other note I'd make - on a number of occasions, including recently, the Trust have called for fans to refrain from showing discontent within the ground, for fear it would upset the team (snigger). I take it that Phil and Matt didn't agree with this. Once again, I'm wondering who the absolute f*** has been taking these decisions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024