Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Independent Supporters Group 16:42 - Dec 3 with 43138 viewsPhil_S

OK been some discussion on this but who thinks this is the way to go

Details are really on this thread

Independent Supporters Group on 23:19 - Dec 4 with 2257 viewsUxbridge

Independent Supporters Group on 23:15 - Dec 4 by whoflungdung

Look at the state we re in.

Fans squabbling with each other

Power games,back stabbing and Machiavellian plots.

Clearly ,Ux is now the bete noir of the moment

No wonder the Yanks are working us one so maybe we should unite or at least quit the poison posts

Hang on, either Rich has got a new iPad with a spell checker on it or he's been kidnapped and is being held for ransom.

Fine words old chap.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Independent Supporters Group on 23:21 - Dec 4 with 2238 viewsDarran

Independent Supporters Group on 23:15 - Dec 4 by Alarch

One question. Have you ever met Uxbridge & actually spoken to him in person? Actually, make that two. What gives you the right to your opinion but not him to his?

Who are you his boyfriend?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Independent Supporters Group on 23:44 - Dec 4 with 2187 viewsAlarch

Independent Supporters Group on 23:21 - Dec 4 by Darran

Just someone with an opinion. Is that not allowed?
Independent Supporters Group on 23:49 - Dec 4 with 2168 viewsUxbridge

Independent Supporters Group on 23:21 - Dec 4 by Darran

Well, there is a vacancy in that regard after you so disrespectfully ignored me as you trundled past me to the south west exit at half time last Saturday.

Manners cost nothing old chap.

Independent Supporters Group on 23:51 - Dec 4 with 2165 viewsGaryjack

Independent Supporters Group on 23:44 - Dec 4 by Alarch

Just someone with an opinion. Is that not allowed?

Answer the question! Are you a top or bottom with Uxbridge?
Independent Supporters Group on 00:13 - Dec 5 with 2133 viewsUxbridge

Independent Supporters Group on 23:51 - Dec 4 by Garyjack

Answer the question! Are you a top or bottom with Uxbridge?

Ah, planet swans, always classy.

Independent Supporters Group on 00:59 - Dec 5 with 2096 viewschad

Independent Supporters Group on 23:07 - Dec 4 by Uxbridge

That's just untrue Spratty. Helpfully Lisa commented earlier on what I said regarding the QC opinion and what it did and didn't relate to.

I'm not going to get involved in the ongoing argument between Phil and yourself. But don't misrepresent what I said, thanks.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 23:09]

mmm what is untrue?

the Trust Chair promising a vote months before?

That is 100% true and there are many witnesses to that

Or perhaps that the implication being put out by you and Phil

that Counsel recommended we accept this particular deal / and we were going against Counsel advice if we rejected it?

Phil had repeated the former, twice recently, as I pointed out

As for yourself are you for instance saying you did not say in relation to taking legal action...
"When your own QC is saying that it's a last resort then you need to take notice"

what implication do you expect people to take from that? Especially when said by a Trust Board member.

I would say my comments are quite true, so don't misrepresent what I said, thanks ;)

Also please don't deflect my pointing out repeated recent false representations of Counsel's advice by Phil as an argument, when they are a documented fact, that was also clearly pointed out by Lisa.

I think it important that the supporters are presented with the facts, not led by implication and certainly not falsehood.

I hope as a member of the Trust Board (charged with representing the supporters) you would agree with that.
Independent Supporters Group on 02:02 - Dec 5 with 2074 viewsLeonWasGod

Independent Supporters Group on 23:19 - Dec 4 by Uxbridge

Hang on, either Rich has got a new iPad with a spell checker on it or he's been kidnapped and is being held for ransom.

Fine words old chap.

Ux is Betty who? At least we now know who wanted the gender neutral prefix
Login to get fewer ads

Independent Supporters Group on 04:32 - Dec 5 with 2048 viewsLeonWasGod

Independent Supporters Group on 22:00 - Dec 4 by Yossarian

I think this is the time we will look back on as the point the supporters eff3ctively lost all influence in the club. All ai hope is that the Council get second thoughts and Paul out of any deal with the Yanks over the Liberty. At least we’ll then have a ground we can cling to when we’re back 8n L2 with some feckin ‘ consortium’ in control. What an epic ballsup- pitiful.

Well unless someone with inside knowledge can persuade me otherwise, this is very much what it looks like. A 21% stake yet it appears we are ridden over, ignored or excluded. Impotent.

But at least the Trust has that legal shareholding link and an official role within the organisational structure (even if it appears to have no influence at the moment). It is something to work on if the Trust can be reinvigorated.

I fail to see how a new group could be anything other than a shouting shop. That would be cathartic for sure, but what beyond that? It can't influence the club (other than by direct action like demonstrations (that may or may not be attended - the last one didn't seem to take off)). It can supercede the Trust. It can't replicate the early days of the revolt against Petty as there aren't enough buckets given how big the club is now.

Based on what's been said in this thread it seems a bit of a distraction from what is needed - i.e getting the Trust working well.
Independent Supporters Group on 05:19 - Dec 5 with 2033 viewsPhil_S

Independent Supporters Group on 09:51 - Dec 4 by jacabertawe

I have tried responding to Phil's PM, but am being told that he is ignoring me!!!

That’s an odd one - can you try again can’t see anything this end that should be causing that
Independent Supporters Group on 07:27 - Dec 5 with 1963 viewsSgorioFruit

When are we officially kicking off our new supporters trust then?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Independent Supporters Group on 07:58 - Dec 5 with 1918 viewswhoflungdung

Opinions? Allowed?
Dear God!

Here s an opinion...People on clear clearly get off when an opinion of theirs proves to be right . It's important ,for some, to be seen to make " great" posts. Frankly, it's toe curling stuff .

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Independent Supporters Group on 07:59 - Dec 5 with 1914 viewsNeath_Jack

Independent Supporters Group on 22:57 - Dec 4 by max936

Of course there had to be a vote the Trust Board were acting on its members behalf, stupid thing to say on such an important issue such as selling the shares, its no wonder we are were we are ffs.

What pisses me off is the implication that that we should be grateful that the high and mighty Trust wallahs, let us plebs even have a vote in the first place.

Toffee nosed tw@t.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Independent Supporters Group on 08:13 - Dec 5 with 1885 viewsUxbridge

Independent Supporters Group on 00:59 - Dec 5 by chad

mmm what is untrue?

the Trust Chair promising a vote months before?

That is 100% true and there are many witnesses to that

Or perhaps that the implication being put out by you and Phil

that Counsel recommended we accept this particular deal / and we were going against Counsel advice if we rejected it?

Phil had repeated the former, twice recently, as I pointed out

As for yourself are you for instance saying you did not say in relation to taking legal action...
"When your own QC is saying that it's a last resort then you need to take notice"

what implication do you expect people to take from that? Especially when said by a Trust Board member.

I would say my comments are quite true, so don't misrepresent what I said, thanks ;)

Also please don't deflect my pointing out repeated recent false representations of Counsel's advice by Phil as an argument, when they are a documented fact, that was also clearly pointed out by Lisa.

I think it important that the supporters are presented with the facts, not led by implication and certainly not falsehood.

I hope as a member of the Trust Board (charged with representing the supporters) you would agree with that.

I think that's important too Spratty, which is why I'd rather you didn't say I said something I didn't.

Lisa pointed out what I actually said. In this very thread.

Fin.

Independent Supporters Group on 08:47 - Dec 5 with 1825 viewswhoflungdung

So now ,clear allegations of lying

Rome s Burning, you dickheads

I might just as well slag off Swansea then you can all unite

Get a grip ffs

You won't beat the Yanks like this

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Independent Supporters Group on 09:02 - Dec 5 with 1804 viewsDarran

Independent Supporters Group on 23:15 - Dec 4 by whoflungdung

Look at the state we re in.

Fans squabbling with each other

Power games,back stabbing and Machiavellian plots.

Clearly ,Ux is now the bete noir of the moment

No wonder the Yanks are working us one so maybe we should unite or at least quit the poison posts

We?

Independent Supporters Group on 09:05 - Dec 5 with 1804 viewsswancity

Independent Supporters Group on 23:15 - Dec 4 by Alarch

One question. Have you ever met Uxbridge & actually spoken to him in person? Actually, make that two. What gives you the right to your opinion but not him to his?

No and No

About opinions? He's gone about things in completely the wrong way, forcing his own views onto people implying it was a Trust view, when he didn't once attempt to give balanced standpoints on behalf of the Trust which is what the situation demanded. He needed to set out pros and cons of the different options. He didn't do it. Hes failed miserably.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Independent Supporters Group on 09:06 - Dec 5 with 1797 viewsDarran

Independent Supporters Group on 09:05 - Dec 5 by swancity

No and No

About opinions? He's gone about things in completely the wrong way, forcing his own views onto people implying it was a Trust view, when he didn't once attempt to give balanced standpoints on behalf of the Trust which is what the situation demanded. He needed to set out pros and cons of the different options. He didn't do it. Hes failed miserably.

Time for you to invest in the club Nige.

Independent Supporters Group on 09:09 - Dec 5 with 1798 viewsswancity

Independent Supporters Group on 09:06 - Dec 5 by Darran

Time for you to invest in the club Nige.

Yes could be . Ive got £2-45 saved up now. 😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Independent Supporters Group on 09:12 - Dec 5 with 1786 viewsDarran

Independent Supporters Group on 09:09 - Dec 5 by swancity

Yes could be . Ive got £2-45 saved up now. 😂

Thick twát.

Independent Supporters Group on 09:36 - Dec 5 with 1745 viewsLandore_Jack

So, is this Independent Supporters Group happening or what?

#backtojack

Independent Supporters Group on 10:36 - Dec 5 with 1652 viewsthornabyswan

Independent Supporters Group on 20:40 - Dec 4 by Uxbridge

Cheers. So, in order:

Do I think it needs fresh impetus? Absolutely. I've said as much.

Would I have sent that email to Res? Not in that wording, no, and certainly not at that time. Although feelings are high for a number of reasons, and people don't like being accused of stuff. I'm not excusing anything though, really I'm not.

Do I regret the recommendation? Not really, I think it was logical based on the circumstances at the time. That's all any of us could have done. Despite some rewriting of history on here, particularly from failed insurance salesmen, I always said it was a choice of least worst. I'm far from convinced the members would have voted for legal action though, if you attended the forums you would have seen how little appetite there was for that. The do nothing option was a bigger threat outside these pages, whether anyone thinks that a viable course of action or not. The biggest battle out there was convincing anyone to lose any part of the stake.

Should the deal have been stopped the moment there was any difference in the documentation to what was originally agreed. Now, there's a question, and I think the answer often depends on your viewpoint on why there's a difference or whether you think there was always going to be some things crop up as you go through the detail. Whether I like it or not, I find it difficult to argue against the line that, if the terms don't change from what the members voted on, then the board has a mandate to proceed with the deal. If they change, even slightly, it's a no-brainer. If they don't, well then we're into subjectives.

I understand your view, and mine isn't so different albeit for maybe different reasons. I don't think another vote would go a different way as it goes, the membership are generally risk averse as is the board in the main. PS isn't representative, we saw that clearly in the summer. Tensions are much higher now though. But nothing is signed yet.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Just for clarification this has probually been covered elsewhere but were the Trust unanimous in recommending the deal to the members.
And are the majority of the members aware of how the sale was conducted.
Do you believe if the Trust had recommended rejecting the deal the vote would have gone the other way.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Independent Supporters Group on 11:21 - Dec 5 with 1606 viewsUxbridge

Independent Supporters Group on 10:36 - Dec 5 by thornabyswan

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Just for clarification this has probually been covered elsewhere but were the Trust unanimous in recommending the deal to the members.
And are the majority of the members aware of how the sale was conducted.
Do you believe if the Trust had recommended rejecting the deal the vote would have gone the other way.

The board was, yes.

I'd say the members were, yes. They were told enough. The broader fanbase? More difficult. I think there was a lot of detail out there, but how many pay attention away from off the pitch unless that goes bad?

Who can know? I suspect so. I'm not convinced that a recommendation of legal action would have been passed though. The membership have very different views to PS in my experience. Far from clear either way.

Independent Supporters Group on 11:55 - Dec 5 with 1535 viewswobbly

Independent Supporters Group on 09:36 - Dec 5 by Landore_Jack

So, is this Independent Supporters Group happening or what?

Not sure. But the Group of Independent Supporters are having a meeting in the Patti on Friday.
Independent Supporters Group on 12:13 - Dec 5 with 1498 viewsLeonWasGod

Independent Supporters Group on 11:55 - Dec 5 by wobbly

Not sure. But the Group of Independent Supporters are having a meeting in the Patti on Friday.

Splitters!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024