Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T. Rex 21:00 - Dec 3 with 4220 viewsDarran

I just saw this on Twits.
What a beautiful man he was.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

T. Rex on 21:24 - Dec 3 with 3665 viewscmajack

A real heartthrob in his day like David Cassidy, my sister used to have photos of him on her bedroom wall. More into rock music myself in early 70s but looking back now t rex done some great music.
T. Rex on 21:29 - Dec 3 with 3658 viewsDarran

T. Rex on 21:24 - Dec 3 by cmajack

A real heartthrob in his day like David Cassidy, my sister used to have photos of him on her bedroom wall. More into rock music myself in early 70s but looking back now t rex done some great music.

They were superb mate. This was my fav.

T. Rex on 21:31 - Dec 3 with 3652 viewsswanforthemoney

Less complicated times. I feel a certain nostalgia.........

I stand in the North Stand

T. Rex on 21:33 - Dec 3 with 3651 viewscmajack

T. Rex on 21:29 - Dec 3 by Darran

They were superb mate. This was my fav.

Bought a greatest hits album about 12 months ago some great tracks on it .
T. Rex on 21:58 - Dec 3 with 3619 viewsDarran

T. Rex on 21:31 - Dec 3 by swanforthemoney

Less complicated times. I feel a certain nostalgia.........

Absolutely Mate.
Tell you a funny story. When I lived in Baglan as a kid I had a mate living next door the same age as me who had two older sisters. They want to see T. Rex with their friends and they all left from the house together. They all had glitter on their faces. Later on that day we went in his parlour and they’d made a bit of a mess leaving their pots of glitter etc lying around so my mate goes to the other room and comes back with a tube of Bostik which we put on our faces and sprinkled glitter on top of it.

Well we didn’t know that his older sisters and their friends had used saliva for theirs did we.

T. Rex on 22:26 - Dec 3 with 3580 viewsswanforthemoney

T. Rex on 21:58 - Dec 3 by Darran

Absolutely Mate.
Tell you a funny story. When I lived in Baglan as a kid I had a mate living next door the same age as me who had two older sisters. They want to see T. Rex with their friends and they all left from the house together. They all had glitter on their faces. Later on that day we went in his parlour and they’d made a bit of a mess leaving their pots of glitter etc lying around so my mate goes to the other room and comes back with a tube of Bostik which we put on our faces and sprinkled glitter on top of it.

Well we didn’t know that his older sisters and their friends had used saliva for theirs did we.

Bet you looked like lovely boys for a while

My brother had "The Slider" lp, some decent tracks, some duffers.

I stand in the North Stand

T. Rex on 22:26 - Dec 3 with 3580 viewswhoflungdung

My chum Ian Mcnabb told me Bolan was his inspiration to be a professional musician and start a band.

Ian and current incarnation of Icicle Works in Clwb Iforbach ,Cardiff in the new year

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

T. Rex on 23:54 - Dec 3 with 3543 viewsWarwickHunt

He died about a hundred yards from my old flat. The tree is still a shrine.
Login to get fewer ads

T. Rex on 08:57 - Dec 4 with 3457 viewsPegojack

When I was 16, I remember my girlfriend being a big fan, and us listening to the T Rex 'Electric Warrior' album in her front room in Blaengwynfi (happy days!). Me listening under sufferance, because I thought he was sh1te at the time and had no 'cred', being a teeny bopper idol and me being into prog rockers like Led Zeppelin.

I've got the T Rex Greatest Hits album now though, some good tracks and a lot of filler, but top nostalgia nevertheless.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 8:58]
T. Rex on 18:08 - Dec 4 with 3342 viewsItchySphincter

T. Rex on 08:57 - Dec 4 by Pegojack

When I was 16, I remember my girlfriend being a big fan, and us listening to the T Rex 'Electric Warrior' album in her front room in Blaengwynfi (happy days!). Me listening under sufferance, because I thought he was sh1te at the time and had no 'cred', being a teeny bopper idol and me being into prog rockers like Led Zeppelin.

I've got the T Rex Greatest Hits album now though, some good tracks and a lot of filler, but top nostalgia nevertheless.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 8:58]

Led Zeppelin were not prog rockers.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

T. Rex on 18:32 - Dec 4 with 3328 viewstheloneranger

T. Rex on 18:08 - Dec 4 by ItchySphincter

First heard Marc Bolan when the group then had the longer name of Tyrannosaurus Rex around about 1967.

They were John Peels favourite group and he championed them every week on his late night show on Radio 1.

Bolan once said after the huge success of TRex, that he owed John Peel alot for all the air play he gave him in those early days.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

T. Rex on 19:41 - Dec 4 with 3284 viewsLoyal

T. Rex on 18:32 - Dec 4 by theloneranger

First heard Marc Bolan when the group then had the longer name of Tyrannosaurus Rex around about 1967.

They were John Peels favourite group and he championed them every week on his late night show on Radio 1.

Bolan once said after the huge success of TRex, that he owed John Peel alot for all the air play he gave him in those early days.

He later joined the undertones.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

T. Rex on 09:23 - Dec 5 with 3210 viewsPegojack

T. Rex on 18:08 - Dec 4 by ItchySphincter

Point taken, they weren't, but they were in the wider canon of 'non commercial pop' blues/rock groups around at the time, all of which I was into, like Cream, Zep, Yes, Jethro Tull, our very own Man, etc, etc.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 9:25]
T. Rex on 10:46 - Dec 5 with 3168 viewsDarran

T. Rex on 09:23 - Dec 5 by Pegojack

Point taken, they weren't, but they were in the wider canon of 'non commercial pop' blues/rock groups around at the time, all of which I was into, like Cream, Zep, Yes, Jethro Tull, our very own Man, etc, etc.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 9:25]

I lived looking at all the album covers the two sisters living next door to me in Baglan when I was a kid,all the Yes ones were wonderful.

One cover that always sticks in my mind though is this one.

T. Rex on 11:04 - Dec 5 with 3156 viewsPegojack

Aye, very good, but my favourite was the 'map of Wales' fold out cover on the Man 'Be Good to Yourself' album, and if I knew how to post pictures on here, I'd put it up! Someone will oblige, I'm sure.
T. Rex on 11:16 - Dec 5 with 3144 viewsDarran

T. Rex on 11:04 - Dec 5 by Pegojack

Aye, very good, but my favourite was the 'map of Wales' fold out cover on the Man 'Be Good to Yourself' album, and if I knew how to post pictures on here, I'd put it up! Someone will oblige, I'm sure.

T. Rex on 13:19 - Dec 5 with 3108 viewsLohengrin

T. Rex on 23:54 - Dec 3 by WarwickHunt

He died about a hundred yards from my old flat. The tree is still a shrine.

Hanged as a hoss thief...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

T. Rex on 14:39 - Dec 5 with 3073 viewsattila_the_hun

Bolan , Bowie and Glitter
the three Kings of Glam Rock

"I'm Free"

T. Rex on 15:26 - Dec 5 with 3053 viewsDarran

Does anyone remember the Rick Wakeman album that came with a free silver tube that you stood in the centre of the album cover and it gave off images?
Might have been ‘Journey To The Centre Of The Earth’ but I can’t remember.

T. Rex on 15:44 - Dec 5 with 3045 viewsDarran

T. Rex on 15:26 - Dec 5 by Darran

Does anyone remember the Rick Wakeman album that came with a free silver tube that you stood in the centre of the album cover and it gave off images?

It was called No Earthly Connection I just found it on eBay.

T. Rex on 16:21 - Dec 5 with 3025 viewsLoyal

T. Rex on 15:26 - Dec 5 by Darran

Wakeman ?
You sure that's his name.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

T. Rex on 20:43 - Dec 16 with 2854 viewsLohengrin

Here ya' go, Daz...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

T. Rex on 20:58 - Dec 16 with 2841 viewsbryanwadesquiff

T. Rex on 22:33 - Dec 16 with 2808 viewsPrivate_Partz

T. Rex on 13:19 - Dec 5 by Lohengrin

Hanged as a hoss thief...

Bloody Hell. I hope he gave the guy some credits for that.
Bit like Ferry's 'Let's stick together' although Canned Heat or whoever composed it got some recognition there.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

T. Rex on 23:10 - Dec 16 with 2788 viewsWarwickHunt

T. Rex on 22:33 - Dec 16 by Private_Partz

Bloody Hell. I hope he gave the guy some credits for that.
Bit like Ferry's 'Let's stick together' although Canned Heat or whoever composed it got some recognition there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024