Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As we hurtle towards relegation, what action is available? 08:23 - Dec 4 with 2448 viewsCopperJack

I've read so much on Twitter over the past few weeks/months. Anger, apathy, disdain & despair for the way the club is run and the direction our once-model club is going. For those of you who are interested, here's how I see it;
- Jenkins has become drunk with power. Turned the club into his own little fiefdom.
- The Americans have absolutely no interest in making the club succeed. Indeed, their only enterprise has been to expand our commercial activity to generate more revenue to then sell on. However, I feel they have no conception whatsoever what relegation to the championship entails.
- PC has been dealt a bad hand with an awful squad. However, he's a pretty rubbish manager, playing awful football and if it wasn't for Llorente finding form and Siggy being Siggy, we'd have got relegated last year.
- Most fans are now afraid of rocking the boat too much for fear of making the team worse and hastening relegation. This usually evaporates as soon as we start losing.

For the last few seasons we've operated under the same mantra;
Sell our best players.
Buy cheap & crap youngsters
Do crap
Sack the manager
Narrowly avoid relegation.
Rinse & repeat.

So, with Huw et al. giving themselves another transfer window to buy more crap and keep PC in place until probably March when they realise he's too bad to get the best out of the limited resources we have, what action can we take? Based on other clubs' experience of dealing with this sort of stuff, what action can leaders (like the Trust, albeit without a figurehead), organise?
* Match boycott - boycott the full game. Hit the Americans where it hurts.
* Turn up late - Turn up 15 minutes in. Again, it'll ram the point home.
* Mass exodus at a certain time - at 19:12 seconds perhaps?
* Pre-match protest - probably wouldn't have the same impact

These are the only ones I can think of seeing employed, but feel free to suggest others. But, if we're going to prevent another disastrous transfer window and the same useless manager taking us forward, the time to act may be nigh...

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

As we hurtle towards relegation, what action is available? on 09:25 - Dec 4 with 2385 viewsandypitt56

I think it is just our time to go. We were amazing for a few seasons, punching well above our weight. we played some brilliant under rodgers and laudrup. If I knew this season was going to another awful season I would have rather us gone down last year!
As we hurtle towards relegation, what action is available? on 09:29 - Dec 4 with 2373 viewsswancity

As we hurtle towards relegation, what action is available? on 09:25 - Dec 4 by andypitt56

I think it is just our time to go. We were amazing for a few seasons, punching well above our weight. we played some brilliant under rodgers and laudrup. If I knew this season was going to another awful season I would have rather us gone down last year!

Just our time to go?

Cobblers, it's all self inflicted, the people running our club ruined it through greed. It's not certain relegation but it's not looking good.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

As we hurtle towards relegation, what action is available? on 09:35 - Dec 4 with 2355 viewswhoflungdung

But it's not just greed ,is it.

It's rank incompetence .

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

As we hurtle towards relegation, what action is available? on 12:50 - Dec 4 with 2225 viewsOldjack

I've lost al patience with Clem now,Our only hope of avoiding the drop is a new Governor with fresh ideas and who is capable of getting the best out of the players ,not an easy task .

As to the masses ,the storm clouds are gaining momentum really fast now and only wins will slow this down

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

As we hurtle towards relegation, what action is available? on 13:44 - Dec 4 with 2134 viewsNookiejack

The Trust needs to develop a strategy and tactics to ensure that it receives its fair 21% share of the parachute money and player sales and all these proceeds do not get transferred Offshore to Delaware as Management Fees
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024