Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roberto? 10:30 - Dec 4 with 15577 viewscostalotta

It's been suggested on Jims site that we have approached Roberto?
Roberto? on 11:29 - Dec 4 with 2184 viewscostalotta

Roberto? on 11:28 - Dec 4 by pencoedjack

I remember him promising CL football when he joined Everton

We will have to disagree fella.

I thought that was a kenright quote?

Disagreeing is ok, isn't it?
Roberto? on 11:32 - Dec 4 with 2173 viewspencoedjack

Roberto? on 11:29 - Dec 4 by costalotta

I thought that was a kenright quote?

Disagreeing is ok, isn't it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2336541/Roberto-Martinez-vows-

Of course it is forums would be a boring place if we all agreed.
Roberto? on 11:36 - Dec 4 with 2162 viewscostalotta

Roberto? on 11:32 - Dec 4 by pencoedjack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2336541/Roberto-Martinez-vows-

Of course it is forums would be a boring place if we all agreed.

Everton and their expectations are completely different to ours I'd say.

I know the history there. The more I think about this the more I can see the upside. We would at least, on a footballing front start to move in the right direction again. I'd take that now, rather than this turgid crap we've been served up. But the bigger picture too... he'd go some way to sorting out the strategy behind the scenes too in terms of recruitment etc.
Roberto? on 11:40 - Dec 4 with 2149 viewscmajack

Roberto? on 11:01 - Dec 4 by WarwickHunt

It was the manner of his leaving, not the fact that he left.

Utter cünt of a man.

Absolutely spot on.
Roberto? on 11:41 - Dec 4 with 2144 viewspencoedjack

Roberto? on 11:36 - Dec 4 by costalotta

Everton and their expectations are completely different to ours I'd say.

I know the history there. The more I think about this the more I can see the upside. We would at least, on a footballing front start to move in the right direction again. I'd take that now, rather than this turgid crap we've been served up. But the bigger picture too... he'd go some way to sorting out the strategy behind the scenes too in terms of recruitment etc.

Everton's expectations are of course different the slime ball said he could meet those ambitions by taking them to the CL (his words) he failed. He took Whelan's Wigan down which I still laugh about.

I said it Saturday & many times before replacing the manager will make no difference until Jenkins is removed.
Roberto? on 11:53 - Dec 4 with 2124 viewscostalotta

I categorically 100% agree with the jenkins statement. The irony is Roberto might help that happen.
Roberto? on 13:32 - Dec 4 with 2033 viewsswancity

Roberto? on 11:40 - Dec 4 by cmajack

Absolutely spot on.

What's spot on? Bollox.

Nothing wrong with how he left. Wanted to go back to Wigan and the Premier League. Took some trusted people with him which is the norm. It's football that's what happens. . . Grow up children you're like little boys who had a girlfriend who finished with you mun

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Roberto? on 13:55 - Dec 4 with 2005 views34dfgdf54

Roberto? on 13:32 - Dec 4 by swancity

What's spot on? Bollox.

Nothing wrong with how he left. Wanted to go back to Wigan and the Premier League. Took some trusted people with him which is the norm. It's football that's what happens. . . Grow up children you're like little boys who had a girlfriend who finished with you mun

He said the only he would leave the club, is if he was pushed, that changed rapidly and he f*cked off and took all his staff with him. Definitely a sh*tty way of doing things.

However, like I said, I'd still have him back.
Login to get fewer ads

Roberto? on 14:10 - Dec 4 with 1974 viewsDarran

Fuçk him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Roberto? on 14:11 - Dec 4 with 1974 viewscostalotta

Roberto? on 13:55 - Dec 4 by 34dfgdf54

He said the only he would leave the club, is if he was pushed, that changed rapidly and he f*cked off and took all his staff with him. Definitely a sh*tty way of doing things.

However, like I said, I'd still have him back.

I think many would give it a thumbs up, especially given the current predicament.

I always remember when he took over from Jackett. It's was very noticeable, even in the first game in charge that we were going about thing in a different way. With more experience and with better players I reckon it would be a good appointment in the medium to long term. Perhaps even in the short term.
Roberto? on 14:16 - Dec 4 with 1964 viewsLegend83

The problem I would have with Bobby (and Brenda to a point) is whether that new, inspired, fresh-thinking of that time under these guys is now a thing of the past.

They both created something that allowed the club to prosper at a lower level but both have also struggled as Premier League managers.

Would they really be the answer right now?
Roberto? on 14:21 - Dec 4 with 1953 viewsDarran

Roberto? on 14:16 - Dec 4 by Legend83

The problem I would have with Bobby (and Brenda to a point) is whether that new, inspired, fresh-thinking of that time under these guys is now a thing of the past.

They both created something that allowed the club to prosper at a lower level but both have also struggled as Premier League managers.

I don’t know if Rodgers struggled it’s more that the expectations of the bindippers is too high and they sold Suarez.

Roberto? on 14:26 - Dec 4 with 1947 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Roberto? on 14:16 - Dec 4 by Legend83

Rodgers comfortably kept up a team consisting of players like Alan Tate, Leroy Lita and plenty of other average lower league players. He then came the closest any Liverpool manager has got to winning the title in a very long time.

Struggled as a Premier League manager? Oh dear.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Roberto? on 14:36 - Dec 4 with 1935 viewsTheResurrection

Roberto? on 11:08 - Dec 4 by costalotta

That's a good point and shows that at that time the club learnt from its mistakes. It doesn't anymore.

I'm not sure we should appoint him but if the opportunity was there we'd be extremely foolish not to at least look and seriously consider it. And it's a good deal for all then go for it.

Like I said, it wiould be a reboot we need and we should think of us.

How is getting a manager to sign a new contract learning from mistakes when we've had to sack the last 3?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Roberto? on 14:42 - Dec 4 with 1923 viewsTheResurrection

And typical Swans fan reaction to Roberto, shows some of us will always have small town mentality

A superb manager for us, the best we've ever had arguably, especially in terms of what he did for us and the city.

Won an FA Cup with bloody Wigan too. Everton's a whole new ball game and they're unlikely to ever be anything different to what they are now, on the periphery.

I doubt whether this is serious but we should be biting his hand off. Oh to see the footbal again....

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Roberto? on 14:50 - Dec 4 with 1908 viewsjack247

Roberto? on 14:26 - Dec 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Rodgers comfortably kept up a team consisting of players like Alan Tate, Leroy Lita and plenty of other average lower league players. He then came the closest any Liverpool manager has got to winning the title in a very long time.

He got sacked and is now an SPL manager.

He certainly struggled as a Liverpool manager, albeit after a superb start.
Roberto? on 14:52 - Dec 4 with 1900 viewsDarran

Roberto? on 14:50 - Dec 4 by jack247

He wouldn’t have struggled if they hadn’t have sold Suarez.

Roberto? on 14:54 - Dec 4 with 1897 viewsLegend83

Roberto? on 14:26 - Dec 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Ok maybe my phrasing was off there but essentially what I am getting at is I don't think Martinez would not be a useful hire for a fire-fighting exercise (which let's fact it, it is at this stage).

Harsh on Rodgers maybe, but that Swans team was one that had a stable platform, a specific way of playing, tried and tested by a selection of solid pros with a sprinking of game-changers - I just can't see him being a short-term fix style manager.

We should have got him in the Summer, well in advance of the "root and branch" review, so he could be at the forefront of how me move the team forward.

It's too late now.
Roberto? on 14:56 - Dec 4 with 1890 viewscostalotta

Roberto? on 14:36 - Dec 4 by TheResurrection

How is getting a manager to sign a new contract learning from mistakes when we've had to sack the last 3?

Get some glasses! And perhaps read the following sentence you'd save some bandwidth then.

We got some decent compo.

By the way laudrup, monk, guidolin and Bradley is 4 sackings.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 15:01]
Roberto? on 14:57 - Dec 4 with 1882 viewsDarran

Roberto? on 14:42 - Dec 4 by TheResurrection

And typical Swans fan reaction to Roberto, shows some of us will always have small town mentality

A superb manager for us, the best we've ever had arguably, especially in terms of what he did for us and the city.

Won an FA Cup with bloody Wigan too. Everton's a whole new ball game and they're unlikely to ever be anything different to what they are now, on the periphery.

I doubt whether this is serious but we should be biting his hand off. Oh to see the footbal again....

He’s not even in the top three.

Roberto? on 15:01 - Dec 4 with 1869 viewspencoedjack

Roberto? on 14:50 - Dec 4 by jack247

I believe he has a better win % than Klopp @Liverpool & didn't spend as much money .... But fans like Jurgen's persona.

Fuk I cant believe I am defending Brendan Rodgers.
Roberto? on 15:02 - Dec 4 with 1866 viewscostalotta

Roberto? on 14:57 - Dec 4 by Darran

He’s not even in the top three.

It's subjective mate.

Given the foundations he laid there a pretty good case to argue there.
Roberto? on 15:03 - Dec 4 with 1860 viewsDarran

Roberto? on 15:02 - Dec 4 by costalotta

It's subjective mate.

Given the foundations he laid there a pretty good case to argue there.

Yeah well I’d argue Toshacks case there then.

Roberto? on 15:06 - Dec 4 with 1850 viewscostalotta

Roberto? on 15:03 - Dec 4 by Darran

Yeah well I’d argue Toshacks case there then.

So would I actually but I wouldn't discount Roberto and I recognise what he did in his time here both as a player and manager.
Roberto? on 15:09 - Dec 4 with 1831 viewsTheResurrection

Roberto? on 14:56 - Dec 4 by costalotta

Get some glasses! And perhaps read the following sentence you'd save some bandwidth then.

We got some decent compo.

By the way laudrup, monk, guidolin and Bradley is 4 sackings.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 15:01]

OK so if we'd got those 4 to sign contracts then, you know, learning from our mistakes, we'd be loads more out of pocket!!!!!

Carry on with your explanation....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024