Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roberto? 10:30 - Dec 4 with 15575 viewscostalotta

It's been suggested on Jims site that we have approached Roberto?
Roberto? on 10:02 - Dec 5 with 2967 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Rodgers’ win percentage at Liverpool remains higher than Klopp’s. He certainly wasn’t a failure there. Of course, we only want people here who were successes at one of the big six clubs.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Roberto? on 10:30 - Dec 5 with 2911 viewsjack247

Roberto? on 10:02 - Dec 5 by Joe_bradshaw

Rodgers’ win percentage at Liverpool remains higher than Klopp’s. He certainly wasn’t a failure there. Of course, we only want people here who were successes at one of the big six clubs.

I’d love to have him back, but let’s not go overboard on how good he is.

Clements win percentage here is probably quite respectable. One excellent season can easily distort averages.
Roberto? on 13:14 - Dec 5 with 2825 viewsTheResurrection

Roberto? on 10:30 - Dec 5 by jack247

Clements win percentage here is probably quite respectable. One excellent season can easily distort averages.

Incorrect, it's shocking.

It's 29% and the worst in probably decades.

It's only worsened by Bradley on 18% but he only had 11 games.

This season, Clements is even worse again at just 13%

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Roberto? on 13:27 - Dec 5 with 2799 viewslondonlisa2001

Roberto? on 10:30 - Dec 5 by jack247

Last season wasn't as good for him as some would have us believe. It's just that all the good results came in one go at the end, which distorts the memory. That patch before that final run, was as bad as we have seen this season.
Roberto? on 13:56 - Dec 5 with 2762 viewsjack247

Roberto? on 13:14 - Dec 5 by TheResurrection

Relatively speaking. 29% over a season would give us 33 points, plus the draws. Most clubs would take that in August.

The point I was making was that a good season, or even a good run of results can seriously distort a managers stats.
Roberto? on 15:10 - Dec 5 with 2721 viewsDaggyjack

Roberto? on 11:01 - Dec 4 by WarwickHunt

It was the manner of his leaving, not the fact that he left.

Utter cünt of a man.

Just because he left us as he did, you and other idiots have to resort to posting childish comments on your views of the man....I'm presuming and hoping that you're still young and immature?

Roberto did a lot to get us where we are both as a player and manager, let's not forget that too.
Roberto? on 15:51 - Dec 5 with 2680 viewswaynekerr55

Roberto? on 15:10 - Dec 5 by Daggyjack

Just because he left us as he did, you and other idiots have to resort to posting childish comments on your views of the man....I'm presuming and hoping that you're still young and immature?

Roberto did a lot to get us where we are both as a player and manager, let's not forget that too.

Ask Britts (a true gent BTW) what he makes of Roberto.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Roberto? on 15:53 - Dec 5 with 2672 viewsBobby_Fischer

There is no way Roberto is going to sign-up to a relegation battle just months before he takes Belgium into the World Cup.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Login to get fewer ads

Roberto? on 15:55 - Dec 5 with 2668 viewsswancity

Roberto? on 15:51 - Dec 5 by waynekerr55

Ask Britts (a true gent BTW) what he makes of Roberto.

Thers good we haven't had this disagreement for years lol

Yes Roberto changed his mind about signing Leon. Any problem with that?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Roberto? on 15:58 - Dec 5 with 2661 viewsDarran

Roberto? on 15:55 - Dec 5 by swancity

I’ll tell you one thing Yul if that’s all you know about Judas you’re a bit behind the times.
A sneaky fuçker that’s not to be trusted.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Roberto? on 16:03 - Dec 5 with 2647 viewsswancity

Roberto? on 15:58 - Dec 5 by Darran

I’ll tell you one thing Yul if that’s all you know about Judas you’re a bit behind the times.
A sneaky fuçker that’s not to be trusted.

Sneaky? May be may be not. Not interested thanks cun t face.

He's a very good football manager who always gave his all for our club. That's good enough for me you scruffy tit 👍

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Roberto? on 16:07 - Dec 5 with 2635 viewsDarran

Roberto? on 16:03 - Dec 5 by swancity

Sneaky? May be may be not. Not interested thanks cun t face.

He's a very good football manager who always gave his all for our club. That's good enough for me you scruffy tit 👍

Overrated Theo.

Roberto? on 16:13 - Dec 5 with 2621 viewsWarwickHunt

You know fûck all about the details of his departure, obviously.

Bloke's a devious cûnt who'd sell his gran for a plate of tapas.
Roberto? on 16:20 - Dec 5 with 2601 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Didn't back himself after our first season in the Championship when we were clearly a couple of decent signings from being serious contenders for promotion the following year.

Went to Wigan and took Scotland with him which set us back and gave Souza a difficult situation to deal with. Rodgers came and made those decent signings and took us up.

One of the highlights of our first season in the Premier League was watching us playing Wigan off their own park when they resorted to hoof ball for the entire second half.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Roberto? on 16:22 - Dec 5 with 2593 viewswaynekerr55

Roberto? on 15:55 - Dec 5 by swancity

Yes, not telling him. Basic decency.

Roberto? on 16:23 - Dec 5 with 2588 viewswaynekerr55

Roberto? on 16:13 - Dec 5 by WarwickHunt

You know fûck all about the details of his departure, obviously.

Bloke's a devious cûnt who'd sell his gran for a plate of tapas.

Or a jug of SANGRIA

Roberto? on 22:41 - Dec 5 with 2501 viewsskettyparkherbert

This is the forum for everybody to give their opinion whether childish, abusive or not?

Yes Roberto had a massive influence on the Swans getting to the premier league but after his philosophy and identity as a football player and a manager he actually didn't have the bottle or real belief to finish what he started and left for the first Premier league club that gave him the chance.

That is my opinion and if it makes me one of the other idiots so be it.

It will always leave a bad taste with the Swans fans after he went on record to say he would never leave.
Roberto? on 07:31 - Dec 6 with 2402 viewsDr_Winston

"after he went on record to say he would never leave"

Anyone who actually believed that, even at the time, has only themselves to blame. It was basic footballer arse licking. Like the badge kissers, it's only ever done to curry favour.

The bigger issue has always been the couple of months he pissed around scouting players on our coin whilst pretending he hadn't already agreed to join Wigan. For that alone the c*nt should never have been allowed to darken the doors here again, although it seems that Jenkins recognises a kindred spirit these days.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Roberto? on 08:23 - Dec 6 with 2357 viewsWarwickHunt

Roberto? on 07:31 - Dec 6 by Dr_Winston

"after he went on record to say he would never leave"

Anyone who actually believed that, even at the time, has only themselves to blame. It was basic footballer arse licking. Like the badge kissers, it's only ever done to curry favour.

The bigger issue has always been the couple of months he pissed around scouting players on our coin whilst pretending he hadn't already agreed to join Wigan. For that alone the c*nt should never have been allowed to darken the doors here again, although it seems that Jenkins recognises a kindred spirit these days.

Spot on.

Not forgetting the “hardest decision of his life” he “agonised over for weeks” ...
Whelan admitted he bit his hand off “before I could finish the sentence”.

Sums the scheming, devious cûnt up.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2017 10:18]
Roberto? on 08:44 - Dec 6 with 2326 viewsSTID2017

Roberto? on 13:14 - Dec 5 by TheResurrection

I think you took BB's stats and turned it on it's head.
If he had say 20 games his percentage would have been in singles figures IMO

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Roberto? on 08:54 - Dec 6 with 2308 viewswhoflungdung

Or a Chorizo sausage.

Warwick? YOUNG ? Lord,is gonna be agreat day

Praise Jesus

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Roberto? on 09:34 - Dec 6 with 2273 viewsharryhpalmer

Roberto? on 14:50 - Dec 4 by jack247

He got sacked and is now an SPL manager.

He certainly struggled as a Liverpool manager, albeit after a superb start.

his record is as good if not better than Klopp as Liverpool Manager.

So what does that make Klopp then?

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Roberto? on 09:44 - Dec 6 with 2247 viewsharryhpalmer

I didn't like the way Martinez left, but with hindsight it is easy to unpick the anger.

When he said he'd need to be carried out of the club, I think that was when he signed on as manager, and a direct dig at Jackett for shipping him out.

As for him leaving for Wigan - well they had a Chairman willing to back him, and Jenkins wouldn't release the purse strings which Bobby said was needed.

I can understand both points of view on that score. But if you were an ambitious manager and someone you had a really good relationship with was willing to give you what you wanted to try and make a success, then what would you do.

As for "raping" the club and taking key personnel, well I'd say that is part of our club's education; and without it, we'd have taken a far bigger kicking from bigger clubs than Wigan, as the success continued.

is he the right man to come back? I have my doubts. but I want the football philosophy back, and he will do that.

I am more angry that we missed out on Marcelino coming in than Roberto coming back.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Roberto? on 10:07 - Dec 6 with 2238 viewsjack247

Roberto? on 09:34 - Dec 6 by harryhpalmer

his record is as good if not better than Klopp as Liverpool Manager.

So what does that make Klopp then?

See the posts above about one excellent season, which to his credit he absolutely had, distorting averages. The fact that Paul Clement apparently has a 29% win rate when he’s actually nowhere near that good illustrates the point.

I don’t pay much attention to Liverpool, so don’t really know about Klopp. I don’t think he has been the messiah they were hoping for, but equally doubt his next job will be in the SPL.
Roberto? on 10:29 - Dec 6 with 2220 viewsDarran

Roberto? on 09:44 - Dec 6 by harryhpalmer

I didn't like the way Martinez left, but with hindsight it is easy to unpick the anger.

When he said he'd need to be carried out of the club, I think that was when he signed on as manager, and a direct dig at Jackett for shipping him out.

As for him leaving for Wigan - well they had a Chairman willing to back him, and Jenkins wouldn't release the purse strings which Bobby said was needed.

I can understand both points of view on that score. But if you were an ambitious manager and someone you had a really good relationship with was willing to give you what you wanted to try and make a success, then what would you do.

As for "raping" the club and taking key personnel, well I'd say that is part of our club's education; and without it, we'd have taken a far bigger kicking from bigger clubs than Wigan, as the success continued.

is he the right man to come back? I have my doubts. but I want the football philosophy back, and he will do that.

I am more angry that we missed out on Marcelino coming in than Roberto coming back.

Of course it was a dig at Jackett that’s the type of snidey twàt he is.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024