Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... 20:00 - Dec 4 with 15265 viewsSwans_16

So it’s Season Ticket renewal time of year yet again (Feels like it gets sooner and sooner every year now)- Time’s getting on.

I’ve supported this club through thick and thin, back from the old Vetch days of Petty and Co, the days of near Bankruptcy, and now look at us, soaring high in the great Premier League.

If i’m honest it feels like there’s nothing left of MY club, OUR club. It’s gone, dead, buried ... And pillaged for all its worth by the now Yanks - If some of our supporters who unfortunately can’t be with us (RIP YJB’s), see us in this sorry, sorry mess they’d be turning in their graves - I know of many who would.

Why are we all just so accepting of this fate ? We have a clueless manager, a clueless board, clueless owners who sacked Guido for some American wannabe on his birthday by text ? No, no, no.

This club is no longer MY club, OUR club. We don’t play anything close to the ‘Swansea Way’ of old or more recent times at the Liberty. As a fan i’ve never felt more disconnected from my club, with the feeling that we’re just ‘Customers’ now, not fans supporting our club, but supporting this regime of incompetent idiots who have stripped and ruined our club.

Whoever said the PL was the Be All and End All ? How many of us would have opted to have stayed in the Championship or even League 1 had we known what would become or our beloved Swansea at the time ? I would have for sure ... And i’m sure many of you would join me.

Gone are the days of players who actually know/respect/work for this club, and the great fans we once had who supported this club come rain nor shine. These days we have players who work for the business, fans who sell out at any given opportunity, season ticket holders who only hold season tickets for watching Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool.

I’m ashamed to call this MY club. This is the first time in a very long time where i won’t be renewing. I’m not lining the yanks pockets any further or supporting this awful regime.

Sorry guys, but as Duncan Bannatyne once put it I’m Out.

It’s been a pleasure.
I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 08:56 - Dec 5 with 3444 viewsjeza739

If HJ etc got driven out of the club and yanks lost a shit load of their precious money it would soften the blow. Obviously I'd rather stay in premier league and hound them out but i cant see that happening as the trust recommended we accept the sale of our shares as opposed to court action .
We reap what we sow ......
I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 08:57 - Dec 5 with 3443 viewspencoedjack

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 21:06 - Dec 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

Saw none of this when we were all waltzing around valencia in our shorts thinking we were the kings of football.

Time to fight back,re energise the trust... not go away and sulk

big f@cking babies

I wonder if those saying they are not renewing would do so if we were mid table

Ready made excuse in Yanks / sell outs ( & I fuking hate them)

Still be footie/few beers on a Saturday afternoon with mates
I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 09:02 - Dec 5 with 3431 viewsNeath_Jack

Fannies.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 09:04 - Dec 5 with 3427 viewsjack247

You’ve got to endure the bad times to appreciate the good times. If you bail out when the going gets rough, you bail out when the going gets rough. Regardless of whether you were there 20,30,40 years ago or whatever.
I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 09:43 - Dec 5 with 3392 viewsTailGunner

Glad we are going to shed some of the pussies that follow us. Shameful thread.
STID my arse.

Our club?? Never been our club..

Fans are everything.
Bring on the future.
I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 09:45 - Dec 5 with 3386 views34dfgdf54

I'm knocking the playing part on the head next season, so I hope all those threatening to jump ship now make do on their promise and bail out, less queue for the ST's.
I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 09:58 - Dec 5 with 3369 viewswhoflungdung

Bailing out?

Well, does that mean mentally divorcing oneself from your home town club ?

Hard to do

Worse would be to " support" a big name or brand simply because one wants some sort of " respect" when one is in a Spanish bar .

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 10:18 - Dec 5 with 3344 viewsTheResurrection

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 08:14 - Dec 5 by jeza739

Think you need reality to your argument. Do you seriously fhink the yanks have bought the lease for any other reason other than to increase the value of their investment?
How much of their own money have they invested?
Theres still millions left over from the summer tranfer window ffs
How much will they spend in jan ? I wont be holding my breath.
PC is a problem at our club but he's nowhere near the biggest lroblem.

Thought you were trying to get elected onto the trust board to fight these issues ?

I will only ever want to be fighting for fairness, and that goes for all aspects of the Club.

What you're saying isn't correct or fair so first things first, things need to be understood, otherwise arguments like yours are futile.

* The stadium I'm undecided on, simply because we don't know the full facts. The Trust have been repeatedly asked about the strategy and purpose of buying the lease but to date, and as far as I'm aware, no real info has come forward. But, rewind the clock back a few seasons and making a move of this nature, which would give the Club more control over its finances, naming rights and expansion, would've been everyone's targets. The fact it isn't now is all down to the form of the players on the field.

It really is as petulant as that.

And how do I know that? Rewind the clock back to July 1 and read this message board then for the praise the Americans were getting in holding off and standing up for the Club in attempting to get more money from Siggy. Back then all it was was we're no longer a push over and Jenkins would've sold at £10m.

We also were coming off the back of our best ever half season points tally. People's opinions were different. We're in bad form and childish fans are kicking and stomping their feet again.

* They invested around £68m to buy a controlling interest. They were never going to be investing their own money further because if they did, for one, the Trust's holding would be diluted. As it stands we still own 21% of the Club. They were to come in and make us stronger in other areas of revenue and do things properly, like we used to and like we all respected.

Again a childish argument to moan they haven't bought us Neymar or Aguero....

* Millions over? Do you know exactly how much surplus the Swans have got to play with or how football finance works? It's extremely complex and a bit of a juggling game. I'm sure there is money left over and like last January when we spent £20m NET, we'd do it again, providing we're still in touching distance. If we're not then blowing millions on random players may just be a bit of a long term gamble, I'm not saying we shouldn't spend, I'm just saying the stakes are higher.

* our recruitment in general has been a problem for a while. I don't know how much the Trust gets involved in this but I think it should be all over it. We've heard talks of reviews but not seen anything tangible come from it. Having said that we were all over the moon with Mesa and then Tammy. Rewind the clock again back to that moment in the Summer and everyone was happy.

There's lots to be critical of but there's no way I'm joining in with the petulant lynch mob of no purpose.

There's a lot to understand and learn before shouting and screaming with no real idea or concept of what's going on.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Login to get fewer ads

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 10:27 - Dec 5 with 3314 viewsjack247

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 09:58 - Dec 5 by whoflungdung

Bailing out?

Well, does that mean mentally divorcing oneself from your home town club ?

Hard to do

Worse would be to " support" a big name or brand simply because one wants some sort of " respect" when one is in a Spanish bar .

What would you call it?

It’s essentially people not renewing because they no longer enjoy it. I don’t think anyone is suggesting they are going to sack us off and go support a glory side. They just feel the club has lost its identity and can’t be arsed anymore.

This ‘putting money in American pockets’ is nonsense, £500 a year doesn’t make the slightest bit of difference to them and I doubt so many would want to give up if we were playing good football or winning games.

I hope they enjoy their Saturday afternoons and don’t come back next time we have a period of relative success.
I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 10:32 - Dec 5 with 3302 viewswhoflungdung

Hard to put a label on it all but it's human nature for some .
Personally, whether I'm able to go to games or not, every Swans game is involving be it good or bad .

The club is part of the fabric of the city ,first and foremost , and " supporting" more successful big clubs, out of choice, saddens me . Just my opinion.

You know what s coming next ...

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 10:37 - Dec 5 with 3300 viewsjack247

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 10:32 - Dec 5 by whoflungdung

Personally, whether I'm able to go to games or not, every Swans game is involving be it good or bad .

The club is part of the fabric of the city ,first and foremost , and " supporting" more successful big clubs, out of choice, saddens me . Just my opinion.

Of course it’s human nature and it’s everyone’s right to go/not go/dip in and out.

I just know that next time there’s a Wembley or a Valencia (if there ever is again) I wouldn’t enjoy it quite so much if I’d given up when we were going through a rough patch.
I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 10:40 - Dec 5 with 3293 viewswhoflungdung

Fair comment,friend,fair comment

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 10:45 - Dec 5 with 3289 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 20:11 - Dec 4 by Darran

And not spend seven seasons in the Prem,win the Milk Cup and play in Europe?

Fuçking idiot.

Seconded

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 10:45 - Dec 5 with 3288 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 20:16 - Dec 4 by Oldjack

and be left with nothing at the end , we have played in Europe before, fuking idiot

Seconded
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 10:46]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 13:40 - Dec 5 with 3197 viewsDarran

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 10:32 - Dec 5 by whoflungdung

That’s all it ever will be too ......... an opinion. lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 14:28 - Dec 5 with 3158 viewsjeza739

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 10:18 - Dec 5 by TheResurrection

I will only ever want to be fighting for fairness, and that goes for all aspects of the Club.

What you're saying isn't correct or fair so first things first, things need to be understood, otherwise arguments like yours are futile.

* The stadium I'm undecided on, simply because we don't know the full facts. The Trust have been repeatedly asked about the strategy and purpose of buying the lease but to date, and as far as I'm aware, no real info has come forward. But, rewind the clock back a few seasons and making a move of this nature, which would give the Club more control over its finances, naming rights and expansion, would've been everyone's targets. The fact it isn't now is all down to the form of the players on the field.

It really is as petulant as that.

And how do I know that? Rewind the clock back to July 1 and read this message board then for the praise the Americans were getting in holding off and standing up for the Club in attempting to get more money from Siggy. Back then all it was was we're no longer a push over and Jenkins would've sold at £10m.

We also were coming off the back of our best ever half season points tally. People's opinions were different. We're in bad form and childish fans are kicking and stomping their feet again.

* They invested around £68m to buy a controlling interest. They were never going to be investing their own money further because if they did, for one, the Trust's holding would be diluted. As it stands we still own 21% of the Club. They were to come in and make us stronger in other areas of revenue and do things properly, like we used to and like we all respected.

Again a childish argument to moan they haven't bought us Neymar or Aguero....

* Millions over? Do you know exactly how much surplus the Swans have got to play with or how football finance works? It's extremely complex and a bit of a juggling game. I'm sure there is money left over and like last January when we spent £20m NET, we'd do it again, providing we're still in touching distance. If we're not then blowing millions on random players may just be a bit of a long term gamble, I'm not saying we shouldn't spend, I'm just saying the stakes are higher.

* our recruitment in general has been a problem for a while. I don't know how much the Trust gets involved in this but I think it should be all over it. We've heard talks of reviews but not seen anything tangible come from it. Having said that we were all over the moon with Mesa and then Tammy. Rewind the clock again back to that moment in the Summer and everyone was happy.

There's lots to be critical of but there's no way I'm joining in with the petulant lynch mob of no purpose.

There's a lot to understand and learn before shouting and screaming with no real idea or concept of what's going on.

Re the stadium... You have your opinion i have mine. I respect yours though dont agree with it. Looking at the yanks history with DC utd i dont trust them an inch. But hopefully I'll be proven wrong.
Rewinding to july 1st yes they told everton to go away then sold gylfi for the same amount 7-8 weeks later totally undermining our transfer window.
Yes i was happy with messa and Abraham as were most but the fact we never replaced gylfi was glaringly obvious and is coming home to roost.
And im not stomping my feet coz they havent signed messi or Neymer im realistic in my opinion of our targets and accept that players like VDH etc are as good as we're going to get as 3rd/4th choice.
And we could also be top instead of bottom and i will still have concerns re the yanks the sellouts and how it was all achieved

Yes indeed lots to learn for many on here.

Yes i will be renewing, never said i wont .
I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 17:53 - Dec 5 with 3076 viewsthornabyswan

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 20:56 - Dec 4 by shandyjack

i'll be renewing even though i'll miss first 3 months of the season playing with penguins. This was my club before the yanks and will be after they long depart.

Fuk em, they won't take my love for this club away from me

I will be renewing I am feeling more detached from the club than ever though reasons

The way the sale went through
New owners lack of ambition
Jenkins still being at the club
Clement still being at the club
Non effective Trust.
Woeful performances on the pitch.
Terrible summer window down to non existent scouting.
No positive news coming out of the Club.
Apathy from the stands
But the club has been part of me for 42 years now and I am not giving it up just yet something has to change surely.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 18:39 - Dec 5 with 3040 viewskarnataka

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 20:26 - Dec 4 by cmajack

I agree with a lot of what you say but i can't believe anyone would swap the last 7 years for the mediocrity of mid table championship or league 1 football.

You don't have to swap the last 7 years for the mediocrity of mid-table championship or league 1 football. You can have both because we've had the last 7 years but we'll be having exactly the mediocrity of which you speak from next season onwards and for the foreseeable future.
I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 18:41 - Dec 5 with 3037 viewsperplex

If we do end up in the championship how much do you expect the tickets for a single game will be, there £35 and £45 now, would you expect a substantial drop on these current prices.
I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 18:47 - Dec 5 with 3029 viewspencoedjack

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 18:41 - Dec 5 by perplex

If we do end up in the championship how much do you expect the tickets for a single game will be, there £35 and £45 now, would you expect a substantial drop on these current prices.

I’d imagine they’d all be £35.

But I’m just speculating
I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 19:51 - Dec 5 with 2980 viewsjack2jack

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 18:47 - Dec 5 by pencoedjack

I’d imagine they’d all be £35.

But I’m just speculating

Probably right PJ,as they rely on revenue from ticket sales more in the championship,so can't see a massive dive in prices.
I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 20:36 - Dec 5 with 2946 viewsmonmouth

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 19:51 - Dec 5 by jack2jack

Probably right PJ,as they rely on revenue from ticket sales more in the championship,so can't see a massive dive in prices.

Pfft, they'll be delivering them in artics up the DVLC every two weeks.

We'll be like them up the road, half full at best. No way will thy get £35 a ticket. I really don't think Yanko understand what the real consequences of this particular relegation will be, nor that the Junkins/Clement dream team won't be getting us back any time soon.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 20:49 - Dec 5 with 2928 viewsjack2jack

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 20:36 - Dec 5 by monmouth

We'll be like them up the road, half full at best. No way will thy get £35 a ticket. I really don't think Yanko understand what the real consequences of this particular relegation will be, nor that the Junkins/Clement dream team won't be getting us back any time soon.

Exactly Mon, hope it doesn't happen,The City needs PL football.
I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 20:54 - Dec 5 with 2927 viewsDewi1jack

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 20:36 - Dec 5 by monmouth

Aye but Beaky will be able to buy the likes of Adomah (and a few goalies) to his hearts content and people here will be saying
"that's a good buy for us. He'll fit our style"

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

I’ve had enough of supporting this Club... on 18:10 - Dec 6 with 2777 viewsDafyddHuw

OP - I'm sorry to say, but you are spot on butt.

I've been feeling more like a customer week by week since the selling of the club was done.

I think I realised the disconnect perfectly when we played Bournemouth last week. I was looking at the team - I felt no affinity for any of them. I think Leon and Angel were the last links to players who I could say "I luvs Robbie/Pablo/Leon..." . The list goes on.

I feel nothing for this crop of players. I don't care any more whether they stay or go, whether they have good games or bad games.

I turn up at the LIb out of a sense of duty. And then I think of those people in the boardroom trousering my money. They're taking advantage of the fact that I've emotionally invested pretty much my sporting life since I was a kid to watching the Swans. They assume that I'll go along with whatever they want to do with my club - run down the squad, employ shit manager after shit manager, pathetic transfer windows time after time. conniving in the baordroom. We're a car crash.

But enough's enough.I won't renew. I will renew when the Yanks and the current directors are gone. That may mean a relegation or two. Sadly I believe that's a price well worth paying. And that's an awful thing to have to say.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024