Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Brexit impact papers 12:28 - Dec 6 with 4745 viewswestside

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/06/david-davis-either-incredibly-incompetent-incredib

Davis telling untruths
[Post edited 6 Dec 2017 12:29]
No Brexit impact papers on 12:50 - Dec 6 with 2783 viewswestside

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/dec/06/david-davis-bluffing-brexi
No Brexit impact papers on 13:02 - Dec 6 with 2770 viewslonglostjack

Nothing suprises me any longer. What a shower.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

No Brexit impact papers on 17:40 - Dec 6 with 2723 viewsNogginthenog

There is only one word to describe my thoughts "incredulous"

These fools are taking us for fools, they should let us have a general election .
No Brexit impact papers on 17:48 - Dec 6 with 2718 viewsPozuelosSideys

I wouldnt release those papers or disclose them either into the public eye, particularly if there is a lot of sensitive stuff in there. People seem keen to show everyone in Europe the few cards we have left.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

No Brexit impact papers on 17:52 - Dec 6 with 2710 viewsHumpty

No Brexit impact papers on 17:48 - Dec 6 by PozuelosSideys

I wouldnt release those papers or disclose them either into the public eye, particularly if there is a lot of sensitive stuff in there. People seem keen to show everyone in Europe the few cards we have left.

But a month ago he said he wouldn't release them because they could undermine our negotiating position.

Now he's saying they don't actually exist.

And you're happy with that?
No Brexit impact papers on 17:55 - Dec 6 with 2706 viewsPozuelosSideys

No Brexit impact papers on 17:52 - Dec 6 by Humpty

But a month ago he said he wouldn't release them because they could undermine our negotiating position.

Now he's saying they don't actually exist.

And you're happy with that?

What i really think is that they exist, or at least he thought they existed. I completely agree with his position of not releasing them if they do.

But id stick money on it that the papers are pretty high level stuff, or the work is too flaky for anyone to put their name on it. Its still very possible that they contain stuff which is noisy, but i reckon he just doesnt trust whats been done.

It happens all the time in business. If the data is crap, he doesnt want to look an even bigger mug than many already perceive him as, so pulls it.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

No Brexit impact papers on 18:16 - Dec 6 with 2689 viewslonglostjack

No Brexit impact papers on 17:55 - Dec 6 by PozuelosSideys

What i really think is that they exist, or at least he thought they existed. I completely agree with his position of not releasing them if they do.

But id stick money on it that the papers are pretty high level stuff, or the work is too flaky for anyone to put their name on it. Its still very possible that they contain stuff which is noisy, but i reckon he just doesnt trust whats been done.

It happens all the time in business. If the data is crap, he doesnt want to look an even bigger mug than many already perceive him as, so pulls it.

Contempt of Parliament if that is the case. Not good.

No Brexit impact papers on 18:27 - Dec 6 with 2679 viewsPozuelosSideys

No Brexit impact papers on 18:16 - Dec 6 by longlostjack

Contempt of Parliament if that is the case. Not good.

Not really. He was asked along the lines of "do impact assessments exists for sector x and y?".. He said no. If they are not fit for purpose (Which is very possible considering nobody saw this coming) then they dont exist.

The only thing worse than having analysis which isnt complete, is having analysis which is just plain wrong. You cant take it back when everyone has seen it.

Login to get fewer ads

No Brexit impact papers on 18:35 - Dec 6 with 2671 viewslonglostjack

No Brexit impact papers on 18:27 - Dec 6 by PozuelosSideys

Not really. He was asked along the lines of "do impact assessments exists for sector x and y?".. He said no. If they are not fit for purpose (Which is very possible considering nobody saw this coming) then they dont exist.

The only thing worse than having analysis which isnt complete, is having analysis which is just plain wrong. You cant take it back when everyone has seen it.

It's not what he was saying before though is it? The little weasel.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2017/11/david-davis-boasted-his-b
[Post edited 6 Dec 2017 18:37]

No Brexit impact papers on 18:40 - Dec 6 with 2662 viewsPozuelosSideys

No Brexit impact papers on 18:35 - Dec 6 by longlostjack

It's not what he was saying before though is it? The little weasel.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2017/11/david-davis-boasted-his-b
[Post edited 6 Dec 2017 18:37]

Haha i can picture it. He boasted about them. Then he actually sat down, went through them, thought about the methodologies used and realised "oh fck. This is a load of shite."

No Brexit impact papers on 18:45 - Dec 6 with 2655 viewsexiledclaseboy

If they do exist, Davis has lied to parliament at least once, possibly twice. Which is against the ministerial code and should cost him his job. If they exist and they’re crap then that’s also a ministerial responsibility cos they shouldn’t have been signed off.

So far it’s gone like this.

Government: “Yes of course we’ve done assessments of the potential impact of Brexit on the economy.”

Parliament: “Great. Let’s see them then.”

Gov: “Oh we can’t possibly show you, it’ll wreck our negotiating position.”

Parl: “Oh but we insist. We’re Parliament. We have that right. We’re in charge after all”.

Gov: “If you insist. Have these redacted versions.”

Parl: “Don’t piss us about. We want the real impact assessments now *cough contempt of Parliament cough*”.

Gov: “impact assessments? What impact assessments? There are no impact assessments and we never said there were.”

Frankly mate, I think your assessment is generous to say the least.

Poll: Tory leader

No Brexit impact papers on 18:50 - Dec 6 with 2645 viewsHumpty

You can tie yourself in knots trying to justify this all you like.

It's utterly indefensible and should cost him his job.
No Brexit impact papers on 18:55 - Dec 6 with 2638 viewsPozuelosSideys

No Brexit impact papers on 18:50 - Dec 6 by Humpty

You can tie yourself in knots trying to justify this all you like.

It's utterly indefensible and should cost him his job.

Theres no justifying it. But there are different levels of incompetence. There is winging it, and then there is being sinister. I just think the its the former.

Maybe im more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt moreso than yourself or Clase above. This is just a storyline within the bigger picture. If you think things are a shambles now, Davis being exited out of that key job is mental.

No Brexit impact papers on 19:02 - Dec 6 with 2624 viewsHumpty

No Brexit impact papers on 18:55 - Dec 6 by PozuelosSideys

Theres no justifying it. But there are different levels of incompetence. There is winging it, and then there is being sinister. I just think the its the former.

Maybe im more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt moreso than yourself or Clase above. This is just a storyline within the bigger picture. If you think things are a shambles now, Davis being exited out of that key job is mental.

I didn't say he would lose his job.

I said he should.

Anyway, good to know from a Brexit supporter that the government is "winging it."
No Brexit impact papers on 19:09 - Dec 6 with 2618 viewsexiledclaseboy

No Brexit impact papers on 18:55 - Dec 6 by PozuelosSideys

There’s no benefit of any doubt to give. The impact assessment saga played out exactly as I outlined above (quotes aside obviously, they’re all my own work). First they existed, they even released redacted versions of them. Now they don’t exist again. I said to a mate today that we’re living in a political climate where the government says one thing one day then says something else a few days later and just assumes everyone will forget what they said the first time. It’s astonsihing how they’re getting away with it.

No Brexit impact papers on 19:10 - Dec 6 with 2618 viewsPozuelosSideys

No Brexit impact papers on 19:02 - Dec 6 by Humpty

I said he should.

Anyway, good to know from a Brexit supporter that the government is "winging it."

Everyone wings it tbh. They definitely are here as it hasnt been done before

No Brexit impact papers on 20:02 - Dec 6 with 2592 viewsHighjack

No Brexit impact papers on 19:02 - Dec 6 by Humpty

I said he should.

He should lose his job based on the fact he's very very bad at it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

No Brexit impact papers on 20:29 - Dec 6 with 2572 viewsHumpty

The culprit has been found in David's study.

No Brexit impact papers on 20:34 - Dec 6 with 2564 viewsBobby_Fischer

Its funny though init?

I can't believe people are trying to defend it.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

No Brexit impact papers on 20:54 - Dec 6 with 2552 viewssherpajacob

The standard of government is so low that this previously would not only have ended his cabinet position it would have ended his political career.

Now, it hardly causes a ripple and he will stay in his post.

EU are pissing themselves.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

No Brexit impact papers on 21:01 - Dec 6 with 2541 viewsLohengrin

No Brexit impact papers on 20:54 - Dec 6 by sherpajacob

The standard of government is so low that this previously would not only have ended his cabinet position it would have ended his political career.

Now, it hardly causes a ripple and he will stay in his post.

EU are pissing themselves.

Or is this all an elaborate charade? Was the intention to scupper the referendum from the moment the result was declared?

It's simply not possible that any sort of negotiations conducted anywhere could be this inept. The whole affair is beginning to stink to high Heaven.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

No Brexit impact papers on 21:07 - Dec 6 with 2525 viewssherpajacob

No Brexit impact papers on 21:01 - Dec 6 by Lohengrin

Or is this all an elaborate charade? Was the intention to scupper the referendum from the moment the result was declared?

It's simply not possible that any sort of negotiations conducted anywhere could be this inept. The whole affair is beginning to stink to high Heaven.

Unfortunately it's turning into the plot of "the producers"

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

No Brexit impact papers on 21:08 - Dec 6 with 2522 viewsHumpty

David Davis is trying to scupper Brexit by being incompetent?

Nah.

He's incompetent. Or trying to hide government commissioned reports that predict Brexit is going to be an economic disaster.
No Brexit impact papers on 21:08 - Dec 6 with 2522 viewsexiledclaseboy

Again, you’re giving these people way too much credit. They really are as inept as they appear to be. This isn’t some kind of conspiracy to defy “the will of (some) of the people”. They’re just useless. It really is that simple.

N/A. on 21:11 - Dec 6 with 2518 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 5:20]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024