Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Board Minutes for 6th November 13:26 - Dec 7 with 6314 viewsVetchfielder

Shouldn't these minutes have been published by now?

Aren't they usually released on the day after the next meeting - which means they are 2 days late?

Proud to have been one of the 231

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 15:09 - Dec 7 with 4793 viewsHighjack

We'll get an update in due course

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 18:08 - Dec 8 with 4655 viewsVetchfielder

I'm getting paranoid now, I wonder if the release is being delayed until after the Members Forum so as to avoid even more questions. These minutes will , or at least should, be very interesting.

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 18:12 - Dec 8 with 4647 viewsUxbridge

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 18:08 - Dec 8 by Vetchfielder

I'm getting paranoid now, I wonder if the release is being delayed until after the Members Forum so as to avoid even more questions. These minutes will , or at least should, be very interesting.

They should be published imminently. Certainly before next week's forum.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 18:16 - Dec 8 with 4641 viewsVetchfielder

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 18:12 - Dec 8 by Uxbridge

They should be published imminently. Certainly before next week's forum.

Good, thank you

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 11:42 - Dec 12 with 4528 viewsUxbridge

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 18:16 - Dec 8 by Vetchfielder

Good, thank you

Now online

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 12:12 - Dec 12 with 4486 viewsBobby_Fischer

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Supporters-Trust-Board-M

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 12:21 - Dec 12 with 4460 viewsNeathJack

"...current membership is 1,010 members, just over 50% of the membership is Seniors, 1% is Junior"

This shows that the current membership is not at all proportionately representative of the fanbase as a whole.
Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 12:23 - Dec 12 with 4454 viewsNeathJack

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 11:42 - Dec 12 by Uxbridge

Now online

Wasn't' this the meeting where it was agreed to send a letter to the club requesting the removal of Huw Jenkins (or similar)?

If so, why isn't that minuted?
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 12:23 - Dec 12 with 4453 viewsDarran

“Discussions on Disabled parking at the Liberty Stadium remain ongoing”

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 12:28 - Dec 12 with 4442 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 12:12 - Dec 12 by Bobby_Fischer

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Supporters-Trust-Board-M

Given that the minutes state the vote was 8:3 in favour of continuing discussions with the owners on the deal, and two have resigned subsequently (as a result), and Uxbridge has said he was in favour of stopping conversations as well, it follows that all remaining 8 at the meeting supported continued conversations.

So we now have (of the 15 board members):

8 remaining in favour of the deal and discussions
1 remaining that wanted to cease discussions
4 new co-opted members (we know 1 is against ongoing discussions as he said so on here, not sure on other 3)
2 that weren't at the meeting so we don't know which way they feel (although can possibly guess).

Hmm. It's still pretty stacked in favour of continued discussions isn't it.
Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 12:44 - Dec 12 with 4402 viewsE20Jack

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 12:28 - Dec 12 by londonlisa2001

Given that the minutes state the vote was 8:3 in favour of continuing discussions with the owners on the deal, and two have resigned subsequently (as a result), and Uxbridge has said he was in favour of stopping conversations as well, it follows that all remaining 8 at the meeting supported continued conversations.

4 new co-opted members (we know 1 is against ongoing discussions as he said so on here, not sure on other 3)
2 that weren't at the meeting so we don't know which way they feel (although can possibly guess).

Yes. This is why any action needs to be taken now. I firmly believe the majority of the fanbase sees this deal as awful - even more so if the likes of Phil back the notion more vocally.

If that is the case we need this new group to lobby the members to get a re-vote due to the terms changing - breaking of trust, working relationship and relegation picture. Whatever little excuse is needed or is being used for people now seeing the bigger picture.

Then we have a chance.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 12:52 - Dec 12 with 4381 viewsmonmouth

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 12:28 - Dec 12 by londonlisa2001

One of the 8 in favour has also gone, but your point is still valid. If there is a split of (say) 9-6 something this important should not go ahead. In fact, no, if there is any dissent at all then there should be a revote as things have clearly changed from the unanimous recommendation to accept, that was used to inform the initial vote.

Yep, there should be a revote with the no camp clearly setting out their reasons alongside the yes camp now. Anything else, particularly after the chairman's and replacements resignations is indefensible.

It's Brexit 2. Lets do it better.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 12:53 - Dec 12 with 4379 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 12:44 - Dec 12 by E20Jack

Yes. This is why any action needs to be taken now. I firmly believe the majority of the fanbase sees this deal as awful - even more so if the likes of Phil back the notion more vocally.

If that is the case we need this new group to lobby the members to get a re-vote due to the terms changing - breaking of trust, working relationship and relegation picture. Whatever little excuse is needed or is being used for people now seeing the bigger picture.

Then we have a chance.

Actually, thinking about it, Will Morris also resigned didn't he, so there are 7 remaining who wanted to continue, plus 2 unknown, plus Ux, plus new people.

So actually, there are 14 now on the board aren't there, not 15?

Couldn't a 5th have been co-opted then? As by my reckoning, 5 in total have resigned, the two mentioned in those minutes, plus Phil, Matt and Will.

Or is it due to total numbers of elected vs co-opted?
Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 12:54 - Dec 12 with 4374 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 12:52 - Dec 12 by monmouth

One of the 8 in favour has also gone, but your point is still valid. If there is a split of (say) 9-6 something this important should not go ahead. In fact, no, if there is any dissent at all then there should be a revote as things have clearly changed from the unanimous recommendation to accept, that was used to inform the initial vote.

Yep, there should be a revote with the no camp clearly setting out their reasons alongside the yes camp now. Anything else, particularly after the chairman's and replacements resignations is indefensible.

It's Brexit 2. Lets do it better.

Sorry - had just posted to that effect and didn't see your point mon. I'd forgotten Will had resigned.
Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 13:44 - Dec 12 with 4313 viewsLandore_Jack

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 12:21 - Dec 12 by NeathJack

"...current membership is 1,010 members, just over 50% of the membership is Seniors, 1% is Junior"

This shows that the current membership is not at all proportionately representative of the fanbase as a whole.

I would like to see Trust membership scrapped. Reach out to all Swans fans and let anyone attend forums.

#backtojack

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 15:44 - Dec 12 with 4256 viewsswanseajack4eva

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 12:12 - Dec 12 by Bobby_Fischer

Last line says “next board meeting is 12 December” ... tonight!

Will the new board members have time to reschedule their week and participate, and time to understand the share sale details and implications, before the existing board members try to push it through?
Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 15:50 - Dec 12 with 4246 viewsswanseajack4eva

Dealing with (stopping/renegotiating) the share sale is the single most important issue ... other supporters groups may be useful one day ... but should not be a distraction from immediate focus on fixing the Trust and returning it to its original objectives ... it that has funds in her bank and currently owns 21% of the shares ... it should not be weak.
Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 17:14 - Dec 12 with 4171 viewsE20Jack

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 15:50 - Dec 12 by swanseajack4eva

Dealing with (stopping/renegotiating) the share sale is the single most important issue ... other supporters groups may be useful one day ... but should not be a distraction from immediate focus on fixing the Trust and returning it to its original objectives ... it that has funds in her bank and currently owns 21% of the shares ... it should not be weak.

Agree, sort of.

Absolutely agree this share sale is of vital importance, and urgent importance. Also agree that these other supporters groups can be very useful, but should not detract or distract from this pressing issue.

But I think we need to be careful when stating the Trust needs to return to its original aims. It is important to note those aims were outlined when the situation was very different. To be a smart organisation the aims should be adapted to whatever the situation demands.

Although by right the Trust should not be weak, and certainly do not help themselves in that respect, they can be nothing other than weak within the club. The only way to show that strength (and this is important to note for setting the standards for future owners) - the Trust must show they will not be walked over, legal action MUST be taken.

As soon as the SHA (if it ever existed) was null and void, the primary aim should always have been to sell those shares for as much money as possible and look to acquire the club in the future to break the chain forever of owners that are looking to profit from us.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 17:28 - Dec 12 with 4143 viewsswanseajack4eva

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 17:14 - Dec 12 by E20Jack

Agree, sort of.

Absolutely agree this share sale is of vital importance, and urgent importance. Also agree that these other supporters groups can be very useful, but should not detract or distract from this pressing issue.

But I think we need to be careful when stating the Trust needs to return to its original aims. It is important to note those aims were outlined when the situation was very different. To be a smart organisation the aims should be adapted to whatever the situation demands.

Although by right the Trust should not be weak, and certainly do not help themselves in that respect, they can be nothing other than weak within the club. The only way to show that strength (and this is important to note for setting the standards for future owners) - the Trust must show they will not be walked over, legal action MUST be taken.

As soon as the SHA (if it ever existed) was null and void, the primary aim should always have been to sell those shares for as much money as possible and look to acquire the club in the future to break the chain forever of owners that are looking to profit from us.

Agreed ... “original objectives” was a general statement meaning focus on doing what is best for Swansea supporters ... which as you say right now is focus on the share sale proposal ... and in my opinion taking the legal option to sell all shares for the same price as the sell-outs received.
Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 17:52 - Dec 12 with 4114 viewsSwanzay

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 12:53 - Dec 12 by londonlisa2001

Actually, thinking about it, Will Morris also resigned didn't he, so there are 7 remaining who wanted to continue, plus 2 unknown, plus Ux, plus new people.

So actually, there are 14 now on the board aren't there, not 15?

Couldn't a 5th have been co-opted then? As by my reckoning, 5 in total have resigned, the two mentioned in those minutes, plus Phil, Matt and Will.

Or is it due to total numbers of elected vs co-opted?

There is a clear case of Stockholm Syndrome within the current incumbent of trust board, most of whom should be no where near it, after exceeding their own rules on length of terms.

To me it seems that their reality is so distaughted and clouded now by their own personal self worth of “I’m on the Trust board” that they can’t see the wood for the trees.

There is no differentiating point of view up to now, so I can imaging trust meetings are very cosy atm and over very quickly.

The sooner ECB and Lisa get involved the better, shame the Res wasn’t, but I hope he still asks the awkward question on here.

There’s no way discussions should continue on the sale of shares, it’s simply bad practice.

Isn’t there a song about it, “don’t know what I’m doing here, carry on regardless.”
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 18:12]
Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 17:59 - Dec 12 with 4102 viewsswanseajack4eva

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 17:52 - Dec 12 by Swanzay

There is a clear case of Stockholm Syndrome within the current incumbent of trust board, most of whom should be no where near it, after exceeding their own rules on length of terms.

To me it seems that their reality is so distaughted and clouded now by their own personal self worth of “I’m on the Trust board” that they can’t see the wood for the trees.

There is no differentiating point of view up to now, so I can imaging trust meetings are very cosy atm and over very quickly.

The sooner ECB and Lisa get involved the better, shame the Res wasn’t, but I hope he still asks the awkward question on here.

There’s no way discussions should continue on the sale of shares, it’s simply bad practice.

Isn’t there a song about it, “don’t know what I’m doing here, carry on regardless.”
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 18:12]

I would assume the 4 new board members (and Lisa) will be actively involved (in the case of Lisa consulted) at this evening’s board meeting.

Members should expect to hear the outcomes in the next few days.
Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 18:13 - Dec 12 with 4086 viewsmax936

The 8 that voted for the deal were they entitled on the basis they've done12yrs or more on the Trust Board? That also being the case they cannot be allowed to continue with the deal negotiations surely, this is deal is all gonna be rubber stamped before the meeting to discuss the length of service and that's completely wrong in my eyes. It has to go back out to the members and re-vote taken.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 18:21 - Dec 12 with 4070 viewsswanseajack4eva

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 18:13 - Dec 12 by max936

The 8 that voted for the deal were they entitled on the basis they've done12yrs or more on the Trust Board? That also being the case they cannot be allowed to continue with the deal negotiations surely, this is deal is all gonna be rubber stamped before the meeting to discuss the length of service and that's completely wrong in my eyes. It has to go back out to the members and re-vote taken.

You're exactly right Max.
Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 18:23 - Dec 12 with 4061 viewsmax936

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 18:21 - Dec 12 by swanseajack4eva

You're exactly right Max.

It happens occasionally

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 18:26 - Dec 12 with 4057 viewsSwanzay

Trust Board Minutes for 6th November on 18:13 - Dec 12 by max936

It simply can’t proceed. I am sure ECB and Lisa are highlighting that very fact.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024