Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season 16:57 - Dec 7 with 22407 viewsLibertarian

So after a poor season last year where we just managed to survive relegation, I thought I’d compare our points tally this season against the same fixtures from last season.

I’ve swapped Newcastle for Hull, Huddersfield for Sunderland and Brighton for Middlesbrough. (Mainly because the points outcome for Newcastle and Huddersfield are the same as Hull and Sunderland)

Apologies for maybe stepping on Davillin (The stat man)’s toes here.

A Southampton - Draw. Lost last year. Season gain/loss = +1
H Man Utd — Lost. Lost last year. Season gain/loss = +1
A Palace — Won. Won last year. Season gain/loss = +1
H Newcastle — Lost. Lost last year (to Hull). Season gain/loss = +1
A Spurs — Draw. Lost last year. Season gain/loss = +2
H Watford — Lost. Drew last year. Season gain/loss = +1
A West Ham — Lost. Lost last year. Season gain/loss = +1
H Huddersfield — Won. Won last year (Sunderland). Season gain/loss = +1
H Leicester — Lost. Won last year. Season gain/loss = -2
A Arsenal — Lost. Lost last year. Season gain/loss = -2
H Brighton — Lost. Drew last year (Middlesbrough). Season gain/loss = -3
A Burnley — Lost. Won last year. Season gain/loss = -6
H Bournemouth — Draw. Lost last year. Season gain/loss = -5
A Chelsea — Lost. Lost last year. Season gain/loss = -5
A Stoke — Lost. Lost last year. Season gain/loss = -5

So far we are already 5 points behind the same fixtures from last year’s poor season.

I was looking for some hope by doing this.
There wasn’t any.
Sorry.
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 01:27 - Dec 24 with 6496 viewsRancid

We might be in a similar position points wise as last season but by phuck we don't have the players here now to do it again.

It's going to take us to make our best signing in years on loan probably to get us the goals and points to even stay in touch.He'll have to be a real class act whos maybe fallen out of favour at Napoli or some other top club.

We so need a spark and if we go looking for that star man it'll tell us a lot more about what the owners want.

Bolton done it with Jay Jay Okocha I think.That type of move we need if we're serious about staying here.
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 22:33 - Dec 26 with 6390 viewsLibertarian

A Liverpool

Last season: Won 2-3
This season: Lost 5-0

Points compared to same fixtures last seasons: -11
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 13:28]
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 20:21 - Dec 30 with 6314 viewsLibertarian

A Watford

Last season: Lost 1-0
This season: Won 1-2

Points compared to same fixtures last seasons: -8

But if feels sooo much better
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 0:22]
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 22:05 - Jan 2 with 6107 viewsLibertarian

H Spurs

Last season: Lost 1-3
This season: Lost 0-2

Points compared to same fixtures last seasons: -8
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 13:28]
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 12:51 - Jan 14 with 5932 viewsLibertarian

A Newcastle

Last season: Lost 2~1 (last years Hull result)
This season: Drew 1~1

Points compared to same fixtures last seasons: -7
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 22:25 - Jan 22 with 5736 viewsLibertarian

H Liverpool

Last season: Lost 1-2
This season: Won 1-0

Points compared to same fixtures last seasons: -4

Simply Massive result. We’re chipping away.
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 21:58 - Jan 30 with 5550 viewsLibertarian

H Arsenal

Last season: Lost 0-4
This season: Won 3-1

Points compared to same fixtures last seasons: -1

It’s happening folks....
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 22:02 - Feb 3 with 5398 viewsLibertarian

A Leicester

Last season: Lost 2-1
This season: Drew 1-1

Points difference compared to same fixtures last seasons: 0

We now have the same points this season as we did against the same fixtures last season. Amazing considering we were 11 points behind that statistic 6 games ago.
Login to get fewer ads

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 22:05 - Feb 3 with 5384 views34dfgdf54

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 22:02 - Feb 3 by Libertarian

A Leicester

We now have the same points this season as we did against the same fixtures last season. Amazing considering we were 11 points behind that statistic 6 games ago.

We were also just about to go on a shocking run.

I don’t anticipate us having one like that again under CC.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2018 22:06]
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 22:32 - Feb 3 with 5292 viewsjack2jack

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 15:29 - Dec 10 by Darran

I’ve told ew all before if you’re on the same or more points as games played you won’t be far away from being safe.

Indeed and with 26 games gone and 24 points were almost on track.A win next Saturday and we'll be almost there,on track I mean.
Happy days,how's that for positive thinking😀
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 19:34 - Feb 10 with 5041 viewsLibertarian

H Burnley

Last season: Won 3-2
This season: Won 1-0

(Finished with 41 points last season)
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 19:37 - Feb 10 with 5026 viewsCooperman

IMO it’s going to take more than 35 points to stay up this season.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 21:17 - Feb 10 with 4832 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 19:37 - Feb 10 by Cooperman

IMO it’s going to take more than 35 points to stay up this season.

I reckon 34 with good goal difference could keeps team up this year

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 21:56 - Feb 10 with 4778 viewsspiderboy

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 21:17 - Feb 10 by PatchesOHoulihan

We need 38 minimum to stay up.imo
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 22:05 - Feb 10 with 4760 viewsCooperman

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 21:17 - Feb 10 by PatchesOHoulihan

I can’t see that being enough.

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 22:11 - Feb 10 with 4742 viewsmax936

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 22:05 - Feb 10 by Cooperman

I can’t see that being enough.

40 pts is the bench mark reach that and we'll be more than unlucky to go down, 11 games left and we've 27 pts on the board, its easily in our hands 9 games unbeaten suggest we'll be tickety boo.

Then the hard work starts in getting the right players in to stop us getting into the pickle we got ourselves in for the last few seasons

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 22:21 - Feb 10 with 4721 viewsCooperman

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 22:11 - Feb 10 by max936

40 pts is the bench mark reach that and we'll be more than unlucky to go down, 11 games left and we've 27 pts on the board, its easily in our hands 9 games unbeaten suggest we'll be tickety boo.

Then the hard work starts in getting the right players in to stop us getting into the pickle we got ourselves in for the last few seasons

One step at a time Max.

Your second paragraph is spot on though whatever league we find ourselves in.

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 11:29 - Feb 25 with 4391 viewsLibertarian

A Brighton

Last season: Lost 3-0 (last years Middlesbrough result)
This season: Lost 4-1

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 12:54 - Feb 25 with 4334 viewstheloneranger

This time last season after 28 games we had 27 points....a goal difference of -25...and were sitting in 16th place.....3 points above the drop zone.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 17:42 - Mar 3 with 4085 viewsLibertarian

H West Ham

Last season: Lost 1-4
This season: Won 4-1

Points difference compared to same fixtures last seasons: +3
[Post edited 4 Mar 2018 13:11]
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 21:39 - Mar 10 with 3801 viewsLibertarian

A Huddersfield

Last season: Won 0-2 (last years Sunderland result)
This season: Drew 0-0

Points difference compared to same fixtures last seasons: +1

Excellent draw today with 10 men
I can’t see us needing 41 points this year, but I think we’re currently on track for getting enough points to be safe.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 12:32]
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 11:44 - Apr 1 with 3483 viewsLibertarian

A Man Utd

Last season: Drew 1-1
This season: Lost 2-0

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 20:12 - Apr 7 with 3273 viewsLibertarian

A West Brom

Last season: Lost 3-1

Points difference compared to same fixtures last seasons: +1

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 17:32 - Apr 14 with 3049 viewsLibertarian

H Everton

Last season: Won 1-0

Points difference compared to same fixtures last seasons: -1

Games Played 33
Points 33

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 23:28 - Apr 22 with 2789 viewsLibertarian

A Man City

This season: Lost 5-0

Points difference compared to same fixtures last seasons: -1

Games Played 34
Points 33

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024