Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season 16:57 - Dec 7 with 22091 viewsLibertarian

So after a poor season last year where we just managed to survive relegation, I thought I’d compare our points tally this season against the same fixtures from last season.

I’ve swapped Newcastle for Hull, Huddersfield for Sunderland and Brighton for Middlesbrough. (Mainly because the points outcome for Newcastle and Huddersfield are the same as Hull and Sunderland)

Apologies for maybe stepping on Davillin (The stat man)’s toes here.

A Southampton - Draw. Lost last year. Season gain/loss = +1
H Man Utd — Lost. Lost last year. Season gain/loss = +1
A Palace — Won. Won last year. Season gain/loss = +1
H Newcastle — Lost. Lost last year (to Hull). Season gain/loss = +1
A Spurs — Draw. Lost last year. Season gain/loss = +2
H Watford — Lost. Drew last year. Season gain/loss = +1
A West Ham — Lost. Lost last year. Season gain/loss = +1
H Huddersfield — Won. Won last year (Sunderland). Season gain/loss = +1
H Leicester — Lost. Won last year. Season gain/loss = -2
A Arsenal — Lost. Lost last year. Season gain/loss = -2
H Brighton — Lost. Drew last year (Middlesbrough). Season gain/loss = -3
A Burnley — Lost. Won last year. Season gain/loss = -6
H Bournemouth — Draw. Lost last year. Season gain/loss = -5
A Chelsea — Lost. Lost last year. Season gain/loss = -5
A Stoke — Lost. Lost last year. Season gain/loss = -5

So far we are already 5 points behind the same fixtures from last year’s poor season.

I was looking for some hope by doing this.
There wasn’t any.
Sorry.
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 17:14 - Dec 7 with 14284 viewspencoedjack

We need to pick up an away win at a difficult place like we did @ Burnley last year to get back (almost) on track
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 17:22 - Dec 7 with 14268 viewsmonmouth

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 17:14 - Dec 7 by pencoedjack

We need to pick up an away win at a difficult place like we did @ Burnley last year to get back (almost) on track

On track being 12 points after 19 games?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 17:26 - Dec 7 with 14251 viewsmonmouth

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 17:22 - Dec 7 by monmouth

On track being 12 points after 19 games?

Scrub that, I've just seen the other thread. Clemmo obviously thinks it is. He's ******* doolally.

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 18:38 - Dec 7 with 14156 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 17:14 - Dec 7 by pencoedjack

We could do with repeating the win at Anfield just to ensure that we don’t fall even further behind.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 17:41 - Dec 9 with 13812 viewsLibertarian

H WBA

Last season: Win
This season: Win

Points compared to same fixtures last seasons: -5
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 18:11 - Dec 9 with 13725 viewsLeonWasGod

Dav does graphs.

The worrying thing about all of this is that last year we needed (almost) Europa League qualifying form over the second half of the season to narrowly avoid relegation.

Not quite sure where that's going to come from this year.
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 18:42 - Dec 9 with 13645 viewsSgorioFruit

Last season we stayed up because we picked up just enough points and Hull spectacularly messed up against Sunderland.
If we can win some games at home and the odd one or two away then we will stay up if we heavily rely on other clubs being worse than us.
Here’s hoping.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 15:13 - Dec 10 with 13357 views3swan

Let's take the infamous 40 points

we need another 28 points.

Currently our record is W 3 D 3 L 10

So we need something along the lines of

W 7 D 7 L 8.

That's a massive turnaround in fortunes.
Login to get fewer ads

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 15:24 - Dec 10 with 13326 viewsmonmouth

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 18:42 - Dec 9 by SgorioFruit

Last season we stayed up because we picked up just enough points and Hull spectacularly messed up against Sunderland.
If we can win some games at home and the odd one or two away then we will stay up if we heavily rely on other clubs being worse than us.
Here’s hoping.

Hull could have beaten Sunderland and we'd still have stayed up last season.

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 15:29 - Dec 10 with 13298 viewsDarran

I’ve told ew all before if you’re on the same or more points as games played you won’t be far away from being safe.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 15:35 - Dec 10 with 13284 viewsjack247

We’re one point behind West Brom who are currently outside the relegation zone. There are a few teams not far above them.

Just like last season, we have an abysmal points tally but haven’t been cut adrift. There’s a lot of dross in the PL this season, up until recently we were arguably the worst team, now I’d say we’re one of 6-8 teams that could realistically go down.

We’re still far from great, but now at least have enough about us to be able to pick up points here and there. You don’t need to be brilliant to finish outside the bottom three.
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 15:47 - Dec 10 with 13255 viewswhoflungdung

247 on the money again.
pL quality thisxseasothis is dreadful. Look at where Burnley are . Hard working, organised and effective .

Three wins out of four radically altered things

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 16:47 - Dec 10 with 13189 views34dfgdf54

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 15:35 - Dec 10 by jack247

We’re one point behind West Brom who are currently outside the relegation zone. There are a few teams not far above them.

Just like last season, we have an abysmal points tally but haven’t been cut adrift. There’s a lot of dross in the PL this season, up until recently we were arguably the worst team, now I’d say we’re one of 6-8 teams that could realistically go down.

We’re still far from great, but now at least have enough about us to be able to pick up points here and there. You don’t need to be brilliant to finish outside the bottom three.

Our points tally at home, when we have played the likes of Watford, Leicester, Newcastle, Brighton etc gives us a mountain to climb in my opinion even though we are still within touching distance. We need to be within 4 points of safety when January lands and pray we pull some rabbits out the hat with signings.

Beating the same drum over and over, but I can’t see us staying up with Clement in charge.
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 16:54 - Dec 10 with 13178 viewsSTID2017

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 16:47 - Dec 10 by 34dfgdf54

Our points tally at home, when we have played the likes of Watford, Leicester, Newcastle, Brighton etc gives us a mountain to climb in my opinion even though we are still within touching distance. We need to be within 4 points of safety when January lands and pray we pull some rabbits out the hat with signings.

Beating the same drum over and over, but I can’t see us staying up with Clement in charge.

I think if PC was going, he'd have had the sack by now.
I don't think he's going anywhere, as much as I wanted him to.
If he can turn the team around and build on yesterday's result then I'll be happy with that.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 16:54 - Dec 10 with 13174 viewsjack247

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 16:47 - Dec 10 by 34dfgdf54

I’d be getting rid of him ASAP as well.

Getting wins at Bournemouth, Brighton, Huddersfield, West Brom etc isn’t beyond us though. At least it shouldn’t be.
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 17:03 - Dec 10 with 13154 viewsTheResurrection

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 18:11 - Dec 9 by LeonWasGod

Dav does graphs.

The worrying thing about all of this is that last year we needed (almost) Europa League qualifying form over the second half of the season to narrowly avoid relegation.

Not quite sure where that's going to come from this year.

Incorrect, well only if you think Europa league form is 23 points from 19 games.

I would say we've achieved that quite a few times over a half season.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 17:24 - Dec 10 with 13102 viewsShonky

The table after 38 games is the only relevant comparison.

Its just a ride...

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 22:36 - Dec 13 with 12839 viewsLibertarian

H Man City

Last season: Lost 1-3
This season: Lost 0-4

Points compared to same fixtures last seasons: -5
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 11:52 - Dec 19 with 12610 viewsLibertarian

A Everton

Last season: Draw 1-1
This season: Lost 3-1

Points compared to same fixtures last seasons: -6
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 12:11 - Dec 19 with 12573 viewsThe_undecided

With 5 possibly 6 teams at risk of dropping this year it could come down to goal difference as it's going to be close end of season for the 17th position have no doubt about it, not crunched the numbers but we must be in a worse position this season on the goals front.
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 13:10 - Dec 19 with 12517 viewshammy

Not sure where the reasoning is coming from regarding us being much worse off this season than we were at Christmas last year:-

2016/17 Season after 19 games
Pos Team GD Pts
12 WHU -10 22
13 Watf -11 22
14 Stoke -10 21
15 Leic -7 20
16 Midd -5 18
17 CP -6 16
18 Sund -18 14
19 Hull -25 13
20 Swan -23 12

2017/18 Season after 18 games
Pos Team GD Pts
12 Soton -7 18
13 BHA -9 18
14 CP -13 17
15 WHU -15 17
16 Bour -9 16
17 Stoke -20 16
18 Newc -11 15
19 WBA -11 14
20 Swan -15 12

I'm not saying that I'm happy with this situation or that we have a great chance of survival. But compared to last season we are on 12 points with one game to go to the midway point and our goal difference is 8 goals better. Also, this season there are 8 teams within 6 points of us and therefore very much in the relegation battle; whereas last season there were only 4 teams. The big boys are being caught out much less this season by the second tier teams.

We can get out of this but we need some serious changes in attitude, luck and probably personnel. Did anyone say that the next game is make or break against Palace ? Being on 15 pts at the half way mark would give us a fighting chance.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 13:10 - Dec 19 with 12517 viewsjedmo_jack

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 12:11 - Dec 19 by The_undecided

With 5 possibly 6 teams at risk of dropping this year it could come down to goal difference as it's going to be close end of season for the 17th position have no doubt about it, not crunched the numbers but we must be in a worse position this season on the goals front.

Last season we had a chance with Gylfi crossing it into Llorente, now I just don't see it.

The only thing that can save us is a miracle January window.
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 19:11 - Dec 23 with 12266 viewsLibertarian

H Crystal Palace

Last season: Won 5-4
This season: Draw 1-1

Points compared to same fixtures last seasons: -8
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 21:33 - Dec 23 with 12135 viewsJackFish

We may not be too far behind, but we have played most of the bottom half teams at home already. We've got nine home games left, and still have to play Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Burnley, Everton & Chelsea. Not seeing too many points from that lot.
Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 00:00 - Dec 24 with 12025 viewsmonmouth

Points comparison against the same fixtures from last season on 21:33 - Dec 23 by JackFish

We may not be too far behind, but we have played most of the bottom half teams at home already. We've got nine home games left, and still have to play Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Burnley, Everton & Chelsea. Not seeing too many points from that lot.

Why would anyone have any hope left? We are a dreadful team in the weakest premier league I can remember. Palace were shocking but they have Zaha, Arse-Cheeks, and Benteke. All a zillion times better than anything we can rustle up.

We deserve to go, and we will.

Of course I’m going to add, barring a miracle, because I’m still infected by the wishful thinking virus. Buggered if I’m falling victim to the hope infection though. Too much pain in that illness.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024