Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! 17:28 - Dec 7 with 6826 viewsWingstandwood

Quote: Mr Rees, who is strongly opposed to the share sale, said: “I am doing this because I, along with many fans, are worried for the future of the Trust and the club as well.

“I am very disappointed in the way both are conducting themselves, and that is why it is very important that the sale of shares does not go through.

“The Trust no longer, constitutionally and legally, has the right to sell any shares, should they continue to do so the consequences for the trust board would be immense.

“As soon as the Trust chair and vice chair resigned all Trust business had to stop immediately.

“I am very concerned as to what the motive is for continuing to push to sell the shares? We all want answers.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/swansea-city-supporters-trust-accuse

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 22:43 - Dec 7 with 1120 viewsTheResurrection

And just on the interviews as I'm sure everyone's had them by now.

They had a stock set of questions, but with a strong theme to them all....

And basically that was how much the interviewee would respect "collective responsibility".

I was under the impression there was a willingness on the Trust Board to add a balance and welcome aboard new blood that would challenge their status quo.

But the interview itself has made me think otherwise.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 22:47 - Dec 7 with 1108 viewsE20Jack

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 22:30 - Dec 7 by Darran

Had every shareholder signed the SHA?

Wtf?

How did you manage to get to that conclusion?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 22:59 - Dec 7 with 1075 viewsLeonWasGod

The Trust keeps saying it has a mandate from the members and will push on with the sale negotiations regardless.

Can someone remind me whether they were in breach of their rules when the vote was held in the summer? And I mean the actual rules, not the 2016 ones they hope to sign up to in January. If so, surely the ballot result is null and void.
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 23:08 - Dec 7 with 1059 viewsSmellyplumz

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 22:59 - Dec 7 by LeonWasGod

The Trust keeps saying it has a mandate from the members and will push on with the sale negotiations regardless.

Can someone remind me whether they were in breach of their rules when the vote was held in the summer? And I mean the actual rules, not the 2016 ones they hope to sign up to in January. If so, surely the ballot result is null and void.

They are a fůcking mess that's what they are. Making it up as they go along, to suit their own agenda.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 11:30 - Dec 8 with 886 viewslondonlisa2001

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 20:26 - Dec 7 by Darran

No I’m not I’m just saying that not every shareholder had signed the SHA and the fact a new one was needed with everyone signing it had been spoken about.
Hence Mr Jenkins solicitor writing to the Trust and not Mr Dineens.

Just something I was told. Nobody had agreed to anything.

When you first raised this is was pointed out it didn't matter.

Still doesn't.
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters on 11:49 - Dec 8 with 857 viewsNookiejack

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters on 20:58 - Dec 7 by E20Jack

Has it been confirmed first hand by a Trust board member or former club board member?

If so, then it is fact.

If it is a fact, then more questions need to be raised as to why this SHA was allowed to go unsigned and why on top of a host of other things, was it left unaddressed for over a decade.

Yes if it was unsigned then the Trust should have bought all of Mel Nurse’s shares.
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters on 12:02 - Dec 8 with 840 viewslondonlisa2001

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters on 11:49 - Dec 8 by Nookiejack

Yes if it was unsigned then the Trust should have bought all of Mel Nurse’s shares.

There's no distinction in law between a written contract or otherwise other than in a few isolated circumstances.

If everyone acted as though there was a deal signing it or not signing it has no effect.

As was pointed out last time this came up. So whether or not it was signed (and last time someone, can't remember who said it was nonsense anyway), it's irrelevant.
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 12:11 - Dec 8 with 830 viewsmax936

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 22:43 - Dec 7 by TheResurrection

And just on the interviews as I'm sure everyone's had them by now.

They had a stock set of questions, but with a strong theme to them all....

And basically that was how much the interviewee would respect "collective responsibility".

I was under the impression there was a willingness on the Trust Board to add a balance and welcome aboard new blood that would challenge their status quo.

But the interview itself has made me think otherwise.

Basically you have to tow the line yes sir no sir and don’t upset the apple cart, that could spoil their cosy little setup, it sinks and it’s not fit for purpose especially when there’s fans paying their tenners in every year, for what so the trust can be walked over by the Majority Shareholders and Sellouts who have still hung on to a couple of shares.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 12:48 - Dec 8 with 780 viewsswancity

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 12:11 - Dec 8 by max936

Basically you have to tow the line yes sir no sir and don’t upset the apple cart, that could spoil their cosy little setup, it sinks and it’s not fit for purpose especially when there’s fans paying their tenners in every year, for what so the trust can be walked over by the Majority Shareholders and Sellouts who have still hung on to a couple of shares.

Correct. Can't see anyone disputing that.

Sad state of affairs and it'll be interesting to see how things develop over the next couple of weeks. Too many seem to be holding their cards very close to the chest...

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:02 - Dec 8 with 755 viewsmax936

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 12:48 - Dec 8 by swancity

Correct. Can't see anyone disputing that.

Sad state of affairs and it'll be interesting to see how things develop over the next couple of weeks. Too many seem to be holding their cards very close to the chest...

May have to give up their cosy match day experiences perhaps?

Fans for the Fans, where have we had that before?

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:07 - Dec 8 with 743 viewsswancity

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:02 - Dec 8 by max936

May have to give up their cosy match day experiences perhaps?

Fans for the Fans, where have we had that before?

Yes but much more to it than that IMO. Much more.

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:09 - Dec 8 with 738 viewsTheResurrection

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 12:11 - Dec 8 by max936

I'm afraid to say but yes, that was certainly the impression I got as all their questions related to collective responsibility, that and one other question as to how I viewed the relationship between club and Trust.

Speaking to Clase after his interview and he thought exactly the same thing, and I'm sure he won't mind me saying so on his behalf.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:18 - Dec 8 with 714 viewsswancity

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:09 - Dec 8 by TheResurrection

I'm afraid to say but yes, that was certainly the impression I got as all their questions related to collective responsibility, that and one other question as to how I viewed the relationship between club and Trust.

Speaking to Clase after his interview and he thought exactly the same thing, and I'm sure he won't mind me saying so on his behalf.

The strange thing is that you are exactly the type of character that the Trust need on board. Someone to speak up, challenge things, not be affaire to voice opinions and to ruffle feathers. And ironically now that they have the chance to include you, they make it as difficult as possible to be co-opted. IMO they all need to consider their positions with a view to resigning, having proven themselves unfit to carry out the intended role.

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:23 - Dec 8 with 700 viewscostalotta

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:09 - Dec 8 by TheResurrection

We ve had some lively debate over the last year or two and we don't always see things the same way. However, you do get my vote and support for stepping up to be counted. Its takes a quite a bit to lift your head and shoulders over the parapet stones as it were so good luck should you be successful.

Im sure you'd be a thorn (in a good way) in their side.

Lisa, Res and ECB the triumvirate to take on the job that's needed doing for years!
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:24 - Dec 8 with 697 viewsWingstandwood

If SCST (That's the impression I'm starting to get!) is a two sides of the coin and hand in glove Yanks/board: PR front organisation, enabler, collaborator, and apologist? It can rot in f#cking hell!

If it’s not prepared to put its membership/supporters first whilst being prepared to stand up for them? It has no right or reason to exist.
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:26 - Dec 8 with 695 viewsmax936

Thanks for saying Chris, it’s a worrying situation and it doesn’t look likely it’ll improve either. Folk need to stop paying into it and basically, wasting their money, it’s no wonder the circumstances behind the share sale deal wasn’t broadcast as l very much doubt the vote would have the way it did and that maybe wouldn’t have suited some in the Trust.

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:30 - Dec 8 with 690 viewsswancity

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:26 - Dec 8 by max936

Thanks for saying Chris, it’s a worrying situation and it doesn’t look likely it’ll improve either. Folk need to stop paying into it and basically, wasting their money, it’s no wonder the circumstances behind the share sale deal wasn’t broadcast as l very much doubt the vote would have the way it did and that maybe wouldn’t have suited some in the Trust.

Slowly but surely the truth is emerging and will fully emerge. Certainly, the Trust has completely failed in what it set out to do.

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:39 - Dec 8 with 669 viewsTheResurrection

I'd like to ask Ux publicly why they approached the Co-opting of new Board members in this way, who devised the questions and what were they hoped to get from the various answers that came back?

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:44 - Dec 8 with 653 viewsswancity

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:39 - Dec 8 by TheResurrection

I'd like to ask Ux publicly why they approached the Co-opting of new Board members in this way, who devised the questions and what were they hoped to get from the various answers that came back?

Reading between the lines it seems that they aren't interested in taking on anyone who will want to open cans of worms and there must be millions of bloody lug worms, rag worms and earth worms about to explode through those cans. Just sit there, do as your told and be a good little boy. 👍🏻

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:45 - Dec 8 with 650 viewsDarran

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:39 - Dec 8 by TheResurrection

Fair play to you mind you seem to be doing everything you can not to get co-opted.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be?

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters on 13:48 - Dec 8 with 637 viewsNookiejack

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters on 12:02 - Dec 8 by londonlisa2001

There's no distinction in law between a written contract or otherwise other than in a few isolated circumstances.

If everyone acted as though there was a deal signing it or not signing it has no effect.

As was pointed out last time this came up. So whether or not it was signed (and last time someone, can't remember who said it was nonsense anyway), it's irrelevant.

What is the relevance of Darren’s posts where he keeps saying that Leigh Dineen didn’t have to get his lawyer involved in respect of the warranty.

His lawyer must think there is only an issue for Dineen if he signed it

The Mel Nurse sale seems to agree with your position, even if not signed. Noting that the club itself bought back the shares itself. The club being collectively under the control of the selling shareholders and the Trust at the time.
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:49 - Dec 8 with 635 viewsTheResurrection

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:45 - Dec 8 by Darran

Fair play to you mind you seem to be doing everything you can not to get co-opted.

I'm doing everything I can to give everybody a real insight into how the Trust operates. The same I'd do if I was elected.

I want to know why these 3 were picked to do the interviewing as I know a bit more about them now.

This has come across as confirming my every worry over the years and it's right it's out in the open.

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:51 - Dec 8 with 622 viewsswancity

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:49 - Dec 8 by TheResurrection

I'm doing everything I can to give everybody a real insight into how the Trust operates. The same I'd do if I was elected.

I want to know why these 3 were picked to do the interviewing as I know a bit more about them now.

This has come across as confirming my every worry over the years and it's right it's out in the open.

Which three did the interview

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:52 - Dec 8 with 615 viewsDarran

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:49 - Dec 8 by TheResurrection

You could have waited untill you’d got on the board first but you’re clearly creating your own obstacles not to get on there.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be?

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:53 - Dec 8 with 612 viewsmonmouth

It sounds like the f*cking masons. Did you have to do a morris dance with your trouser leg rolled up, your breast bared and a handkerchief on your head whilst chanting, “Loyalty, Loyalty, to the Horned Goat” and signing a pledge of omertà in blood.

Or is that just for the short list?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2018