Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bitcoin - Anybody got any? 11:48 - Dec 8 with 28966 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 01:02 - Jan 18 with 6679 viewsskacrazy

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 23:47 - Jan 17 by Lord_Bony

Over $2 billion knocked off cryptocurrency markets last 48 hours.

And still in profit. Same dip jan 2015, 2016, 2017. Buy now while it's low :-).
Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 07:35 - Jan 18 with 6630 viewssketty_jack

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 23:47 - Jan 17 by Lord_Bony

Over $2 billion knocked off cryptocurrency markets last 48 hours.

More like $200 billion but recovering now.
Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 11:28 - Jan 18 with 6599 viewsLord_Bony

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 07:35 - Jan 18 by sketty_jack

More like $200 billion but recovering now.

Apocalyptic.

Seems the. Central Banks were worried about the price rise so they sold it on Wall Street recently and thats whats caused the crash in cryptocurrencies.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 04:07 - Feb 5 with 6424 viewsWhiterockin

Bubble burst or temporary blip.

https://charts.bitcoin.com/chart/price
Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 11:25 - Feb 5 with 6337 viewsSoberBaker

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 04:07 - Feb 5 by Whiterockin

Bubble burst or temporary blip.

https://charts.bitcoin.com/chart/price

Most of the nerds on the bitcoin forum are blaming the impending Chinese New Year. The Chinks are the biggest holders of BTC and tend to cash out on the run up. Happens every year apparently.

I'm 10% down at present but must admit my arse is beginning to itch a bit.

AMOW

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 13:04 - Feb 5 with 6297 viewsWingstandwood

It's below 8,000 now it's around 7,650 as I type...I mentioned the 8,000 figure because it was seen as a 'support' level by many i.e. a level that it would not drop below.

Crazy times? Exciting times? Roller Coaster ride times? I'm hooked watching it unfold and I don't even have any money invested in it.
https://www.etoro.com/markets/btc
[Post edited 5 Feb 2018 13:21]

Argus!

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 15:20 - Feb 5 with 6246 viewsLord_Bony

Seems everything is against it now. The big central banks don't want this thing catching on so they will destroy it.

JP Morgan amongst others are forbidding customers to buy it with their credit cards.

Some say it will go back up but with the banks and governments even stepping in,it does nt look likely...should have cashed out at the top.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 15:43 - Feb 5 with 6228 viewsWingstandwood

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 15:20 - Feb 5 by Lord_Bony

Seems everything is against it now. The big central banks don't want this thing catching on so they will destroy it.

JP Morgan amongst others are forbidding customers to buy it with their credit cards.

Some say it will go back up but with the banks and governments even stepping in,it does nt look likely...should have cashed out at the top.

Yeah agree, 100% bang on! It's a case of events conspiring against Bitcoin. A prime example i.e. within the last 24 hrs Lloyds Bank refusing to have anything to do with it.

A similar situation has happened here to what would usually happen with a share price regarding a FTSE company when 'bad-news' or a 'profit-warning' comes out.

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 15:49 - Feb 5 with 6218 viewsKennedy

You can still buy it with a Lloyds debit card just not credit cards. It's to protect them against people spending £20,000 on a few bitcoins or 1.5 a few months back. The price then halves and then unable to pay it back, claim bankruptcy and Lloyds pick up the bill.

There must have been a few like this to put this out. Or are they really against it that much?

Just call me JFK

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 17:23 - Feb 5 with 6166 viewsWingstandwood

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 15:49 - Feb 5 by Kennedy

You can still buy it with a Lloyds debit card just not credit cards. It's to protect them against people spending £20,000 on a few bitcoins or 1.5 a few months back. The price then halves and then unable to pay it back, claim bankruptcy and Lloyds pick up the bill.

There must have been a few like this to put this out. Or are they really against it that much?

I am one of the last type of individuals in the world to be a conspiracy theorist but even if government's, financial-establishment or 'the-capitalist-system' are not involved with strategy/actions to see off Bitcoin?..... I'd bet they'd love to see the back of it?.... And?..... Possibly this talk and suggestion of future government regulation is a way of seeing to that? Perhaps it's just my personal perception but Cryptocurrency is rather 'anti-establishment'?

Thanks for telling me about the Lloyds Bank situation I did not realise it only applied to credit cards....A good thing to protect both banks and people IMO!

Argus!

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 18:38 - Feb 5 with 6122 viewslonglostjack

Bafin, the German Financial Supervisory Authority recently wrote to all accountancy firms in Germany informing of the risk of investing in Bitcoins. A message they clearly expected would be passed on to those firms' clients.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 23:46 - Mar 1 with 5871 viewsskacrazy

Really good video about Bitcoin.

https://www.magicmoneyfilm.com/

How can you not be excited by this technology?
[Post edited 1 Mar 2018 23:54]
(No subject) on 13:10 - Mar 29 with 5523 viewsvictorian1111

I just have bought 25 RISE https://www.cryptocurrency2buy.com/coin/220-Rise. Hope it will increase in value like Bitcoin digital currency...
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 13:15]
Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 23:32 - Apr 8 with 5330 viewsLord_Bony

Now plunged to £4989 per coin..oh dear.

Where is it headed 1k or 30k? Who knows?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmourdoukoutas/2018/04/08/wheres-bitcoin-price-

This post has been edited by an administrator

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 23:48 - Apr 8 with 5306 viewsskacrazy

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 23:32 - Apr 8 by Lord_Bony

Now plunged to £4989 per coin..oh dear.

Where is it headed 1k or 30k? Who knows?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmourdoukoutas/2018/04/08/wheres-bitcoin-price-

You're either in or out but the only way this is going long term in my opinion is up.

There's been so much FUD in the last few months it's unreal. The whole world is digital so is it so unbelievable to think that currency will go the same way? Most people thought email was ridiculous when it started.

In two years time compare what you would have made leaving your money in the bank or investing in Crypto.

I am not a financial adviser and this is not financial advice.
Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 09:06 - Apr 9 with 5217 viewsBatterseajack

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 23:48 - Apr 8 by skacrazy

You're either in or out but the only way this is going long term in my opinion is up.

There's been so much FUD in the last few months it's unreal. The whole world is digital so is it so unbelievable to think that currency will go the same way? Most people thought email was ridiculous when it started.

In two years time compare what you would have made leaving your money in the bank or investing in Crypto.

I am not a financial adviser and this is not financial advice.

I can't see the entire market cap reaching what it was around the new year. Seemed massively overvalued for something that doesn't really do anything (didn't stop me buying in though). That's not to say there's no future in blockchain technology, but its far from being a usable product, transactions take forever, far too volatile and costly in terms of energy used per transaction and and there's very little that's unique to any of the currencies as there are so many now. Maybe the crypto equivalent of google, amazon, Uber, Apple will emerge and that horse will be worth backing, but that probably won't be bitcoin in its current form.
Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 23:31 - Apr 9 with 5081 viewsskacrazy

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 09:06 - Apr 9 by Batterseajack

I can't see the entire market cap reaching what it was around the new year. Seemed massively overvalued for something that doesn't really do anything (didn't stop me buying in though). That's not to say there's no future in blockchain technology, but its far from being a usable product, transactions take forever, far too volatile and costly in terms of energy used per transaction and and there's very little that's unique to any of the currencies as there are so many now. Maybe the crypto equivalent of google, amazon, Uber, Apple will emerge and that horse will be worth backing, but that probably won't be bitcoin in its current form.

It might take some time but I can see it eclipsing the high of last year. Being able to exchange value across the internet peer to peer as easy as sending an email is a pretty big deal. No-one knows what the future will bring but there is so much going on in this space that something huge will likely come from it. Bitcoin has the advantage that pretty much everyone on the planet has heard of it. If it does get overtaken by something else then I don't think it will disappear. Lightning is already being tested to improve transaction speeds and there are alternative consensus algorithms that are cheaper. Like you say though any big changes like moving from POW to POS will likely cause a fork so it wouldn't be Bitcoin in it's current form. I'm still bullish overall but this recent bear run is testing the faith :-)
Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 10:24 - Apr 13 with 4931 viewsSoberBaker

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/945524/Bitcoin-price-news-BTC-bitcoin-val

Hold on tight. Looks like a few whales have weighed in

AMOW

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 11:02 - Apr 13 with 4903 viewsLord_Bony

Looking bullish for the Bitcoin,but will it last?

One thousand dollar increase in one hour!! Jeez.

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 13:53 - Apr 13 with 4836 viewsBatterseajack

Maybe this short rise will get the hype back into crypto. Apparently Global internet searches for the word "bitcoin" has fallen over 80% from December. Bitcoin's average daily trading volume this month is around 70% lower than the most active days last December.
Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 12:06 - Jun 26 with 2096 viewsSoberBaker

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 10:24 - Apr 13 by SoberBaker

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/945524/Bitcoin-price-news-BTC-bitcoin-val

Hold on tight. Looks like a few whales have weighed in

Bump

AMOW

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 14:23 - Jun 26 with 2025 viewsjack247

Genuine question from the uninitiated.

Is it ever likely to become a genuine currency, ie you could spend it as easily as pounds and euros, or is it more of a trading commodity?
Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 14:29 - Jun 26 with 2020 viewsLord_Bony

Gone up massively recently.

One token now costs over 10k

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 14:32 - Jun 26 with 2014 viewsSoberBaker

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 14:23 - Jun 26 by jack247

Genuine question from the uninitiated.

Is it ever likely to become a genuine currency, ie you could spend it as easily as pounds and euros, or is it more of a trading commodity?

Loads of businesses accepting it now - the price is volatile as f*ck though and that's why it'll take years for it to be fully adopted as a currency.

Still popular with terrorist organisations though

AMOW

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 14:34 - Jun 26 with 2009 viewsLord_Bony

Bitcoin - Anybody got any? on 14:32 - Jun 26 by SoberBaker

Loads of businesses accepting it now - the price is volatile as f*ck though and that's why it'll take years for it to be fully adopted as a currency.

Still popular with terrorist organisations though

And also popular for buying drugs, guns and human body parts etc on the DARK WEB.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024