Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Attack... 17:05 - Dec 9 with 1344 viewsSwan91

Think this shows today we need both Tammy and Bony playing... Tammy frees up space for Bony and he can also make the runs for the counter attack (which Bony can't). Bony is being too isolated so doesn't get many chances to shoot.. but with Tammy helping (like he did from the corner) we can start scoring more. Ki should also be taking the set pieces from now on. I think having wingers also worked well for us today. So I would like to see this team more often! pretty much how we had it end of second half.

--------------------Fabianski--------------
Naughton----Mawson-----VDH------Ollson
---------------Mesa----------Ki-----------
Narsingh/Dyer---------------------Ayew
----------------Tammy-----Bony

Our Attack... on 17:07 - Dec 9 with 1329 viewsPozuelosSideys

To be honest, i think today shows we need to play wingers to be effective, and only one of Tammy and Bony can play unless we are chasing a game or a result.

Bony starts. Probably Ayew on the left and Dyer on the right

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Our Attack... on 17:08 - Dec 9 with 1319 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Having the two of them up top means nothing if it is them 2 vs 7 every time.

The difference was having players on the pitch not only willing, but capable of running at and behind their defenders. Dyer spent his afternoon being made to look like a Sunday League player by their very average fullback. Routledge at least knows he's shit and didn't bother to try and take anyone on all game.

Narsingh and Ayew successfully ran at and past their defence all second half. It was 4v7 then, plus Ki would pop up now and again. That was the difference.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Our Attack... on 17:11 - Dec 9 with 1282 viewsSwan91

Our Attack... on 17:07 - Dec 9 by PozuelosSideys

To be honest, i think today shows we need to play wingers to be effective, and only one of Tammy and Bony can play unless we are chasing a game or a result.

I kind of disagree... I would sacrifice an attacking midfielder and have Bony deeper.. he can hold up the ball... pass to the wingers on the break (like he could have many times today) or play some decent balls forward to Tammy. Defensive side it would be a little more difficult (but I am not really worried about the defensive side) but in attacks and counter attacks this could be a great idea. or have Tammy and him switch from time to time.. because Tammy can close down more.
Our Attack... on 17:14 - Dec 9 with 1262 viewsmagicdaps10

After today, Bony up top with a proper no 10 playing behind him and in front of Ki and Mesa is a must.

Throw in a winger who has goals in him, then we have a chance.

We dont need too play two up top, we need creativity.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Our Attack... on 17:14 - Dec 9 with 1261 viewsicecoldjack

Ki and Mesa look decent but we are so desperate for a quality attacking midfielder , without that we will have Tom sideways carol running things and slowing us down to a walking pace. We lack options and somebody to step into space between the opposition midfield and defense .

For sure the team lacks confidence and a few wins can change everything but recruitment has been poor and we are once again playing catch up and fighting relegation.
Bony was a true leader todat, thrives on the responsibility IMO.
Our Attack... on 17:16 - Dec 9 with 1243 viewsmagicdaps10

Our Attack... on 17:14 - Dec 9 by icecoldjack

Ki and Mesa look decent but we are so desperate for a quality attacking midfielder , without that we will have Tom sideways carol running things and slowing us down to a walking pace. We lack options and somebody to step into space between the opposition midfield and defense .

For sure the team lacks confidence and a few wins can change everything but recruitment has been poor and we are once again playing catch up and fighting relegation.
Bony was a true leader todat, thrives on the responsibility IMO.

The utmost importance is a creative midfielder in the window. Throw in a Winger and attacking Right Back.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Our Attack... on 17:16 - Dec 9 with 1241 viewsPozuelosSideys

Our Attack... on 17:11 - Dec 9 by Swan91

I kind of disagree... I would sacrifice an attacking midfielder and have Bony deeper.. he can hold up the ball... pass to the wingers on the break (like he could have many times today) or play some decent balls forward to Tammy. Defensive side it would be a little more difficult (but I am not really worried about the defensive side) but in attacks and counter attacks this could be a great idea. or have Tammy and him switch from time to time.. because Tammy can close down more.

We would get absolutely cut to pieces playing a 4-4-2 with wingers in the middle of the field. We saw that today. Imagine what Man City would have done to us on the counter?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Our Attack... on 17:52 - Dec 9 with 1143 viewsLeonWasGod

Our Attack... on 17:07 - Dec 9 by PozuelosSideys

That's the way I see it, but it's a shame we haven't upgraded our wingers. Well we have, but PC shipped one out on loan and won't play the other one.

Although Dwight is right. It less about formation and more about how the team supports the forwards, irrespective of the formation.
Login to get fewer ads

Our Attack... on 19:47 - Dec 9 with 1015 viewsjasper_T

Compare how we attacked today to how we did with Tammy and Bony playing together and I can't for the life of me figure out how someone could decide the latter was more effective.
Our Attack... on 19:51 - Dec 9 with 1001 viewswhoflungdung

Here is a tip

Paul.

Next time ,at training, get hold of bony and Tammy and tell emhe s gonna make them a lethal duo then get em on the pitch andcwork with them

We don't need to be where we are you feckn jerk

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024