Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Rodon 19:00 - Dec 9 with 9984 viewsUplandsJack

Heard today that our promising young CB captain with the under23s is off to Bournemouth in January on a permanent switch, as Eddie Howe likes what he seen and is promising the chance of progression into 1st team. Whereas Clement, isn't remotely interested in giving him an opportunity.

Yet another shocking example of the goings on down there if this is true.

Was said the info came from the lad's own parents, who claimed the deal was as good as done.....
Joe Rodon on 19:02 - Dec 9 with 6463 viewsLoyal

If that's right its a HJ money making move. Not the managers idea for sure.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Joe Rodon on 19:07 - Dec 9 with 6425 viewsGaryjack

Joe Rodon on 19:02 - Dec 9 by Loyal

If that's right its a HJ money making move. Not the managers idea for sure.

It is what it is anyway, though i don't see how Eddie Howe can promise him progression into Bournemouth's first team when he's nowhere near ready to force his way into our side.
Joe Rodon on 19:07 - Dec 9 with 6410 viewsicecoldjack

I'd be very surprised if that's true, thing is anything is possible these days. Is he soon out of contract I wonder ?

If we get relegated then the hope must be that 2/3 of the youngsters step into the first team, seems a rash move in that respect .
Joe Rodon on 19:11 - Dec 9 with 6357 viewsUplandsJack

Joe Rodon on 19:07 - Dec 9 by icecoldjack

I'd be very surprised if that's true, thing is anything is possible these days. Is he soon out of contract I wonder ?

If we get relegated then the hope must be that 2/3 of the youngsters step into the first team, seems a rash move in that respect .

Is similar to what my response was when it was said, but there we go.
Joe Rodon on 19:15 - Dec 9 with 6331 viewsmax936

Joe Rodon on 19:11 - Dec 9 by UplandsJack

Is similar to what my response was when it was said, but there we go.

I don’t want to see him go, but isn’t gonna shift Van Hoorn, Freddy or Bartley who is back on training apparently Mawson is first name on Team Sheet so lm not even considering him.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 13:00]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Joe Rodon on 19:20 - Dec 9 with 6293 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon on 19:07 - Dec 9 by Garyjack

It is what it is anyway, though i don't see how Eddie Howe can promise him progression into Bournemouth's first team when he's nowhere near ready to force his way into our side.

Is it really that hard to see? Lots of Premier League clubs have young players worse than ours lurking on the fringes of the first team; making the bench regularly, getting some minutes here and there etc.

There's always been buzz about Rodon (a little unwarranted at times imo) so no one should be surprised that someone else is willing to take a gamble on his development, and people should be even less surprised when our most promising local kids want out.

Not since Laudrup have we had a manager take an active interest in the academy.
Joe Rodon on 19:23 - Dec 9 with 6250 viewsDr_Winston

In fairness most of our managers since Laudrup have been too busy fighting relegation to start risking first team places on youth products. Monk had the opportunity in 2015 but that's Monk.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Joe Rodon on 19:26 - Dec 9 with 6216 viewsGaryjack

Joe Rodon on 19:15 - Dec 9 by max936

I don’t want to see him go, but isn’t gonna shift Van Hoorn, Freddy or Bartley who is back on training apparently Mawson is first name on Team Sheet so lm not even considering him.

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Rodon on 19:30 - Dec 9 with 6181 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon on 19:23 - Dec 9 by Dr_Winston

In fairness most of our managers since Laudrup have been too busy fighting relegation to start risking first team places on youth products. Monk had the opportunity in 2015 but that's Monk.

West Brom had a 19 year old starting for them today. It's not an altogether convincing excuse.

If anything more kids should be getting chances for teams fighting relegation as the senior players must be playing like sht!
Joe Rodon on 19:32 - Dec 9 with 6167 viewsLoyal

Joe Rodon on 19:15 - Dec 9 by max936

We have 4excellent centre backs.
Joe won't see a game for years.
Maybe on this occasion the decision is right, who can say.
Especially if we get a striker off them.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Joe Rodon on 19:38 - Dec 9 with 6103 viewsDr_Winston

Joe Rodon on 19:30 - Dec 9 by jasper_T

West Brom had a 19 year old starting for them today. It's not an altogether convincing excuse.

If anything more kids should be getting chances for teams fighting relegation as the senior players must be playing like sht!

Maybe West Brom don't have the depth we do at CB. We were a bit short of left backs when Davies got his chance.

All I'm saying is that developing youth comes a distant second to getting the points on the board when you're struggling as much as we have over the last few years.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Joe Rodon on 19:42 - Dec 9 with 6049 viewsUxbridge

Joe Rodon on 19:23 - Dec 9 by Dr_Winston

Bringing Tabanou instead of bringing Kingsley up tells us enough there.

Difficult in the current climate though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Joe Rodon on 19:45 - Dec 9 with 6009 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon on 19:38 - Dec 9 by Dr_Winston

Maybe West Brom don't have the depth we do at CB. We were a bit short of left backs when Davies got his chance.

All I'm saying is that developing youth comes a distant second to getting the points on the board when you're struggling as much as we have over the last few years.

So you're saying you can't win anything with kids?

In Rodon's specific case I don't think he's especially good and we have depth in the position, but overall the divide between senior and youth teams is so pronounced that few of these kids (and their agents) must hold out much hope of progression, no matter how well they play here.

You can understand why he and others are trying to leave a club they've supported their whole lives.
Joe Rodon on 19:49 - Dec 9 with 5977 viewsDarran

Joe Rodon on 19:45 - Dec 9 by jasper_T

In Rodon's specific case I don't think he's especially good and we have depth in the position, but overall the divide between senior and youth teams is so pronounced that few of these kids (and their agents) must hold out much hope of progression, no matter how well they play here.

You can understand why he and others are trying to leave a club they've supported their whole lives.

It’s the same at most clubs isn’t it though?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Joe Rodon on 19:52 - Dec 9 with 5952 viewsDr_Winston

Joe Rodon on 19:45 - Dec 9 by jasper_T

No, I'm saying that it's understandable that a manager in charge of a team in a difficult position would choose an experienced pro over an unproven youth product.

Joe Rodon on 19:55 - Dec 9 with 5927 viewsGaryjack

Joe Rodon on 19:49 - Dec 9 by Darran

It’s the same at most clubs isn’t it though?

It's Jasper mate. Fvckin pointless. He'll only drag you down to his level then slaughter you!
Joe Rodon on 19:57 - Dec 9 with 5902 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

All the best Joe

You’ve been great

Ffs

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Joe Rodon on 20:09 - Dec 9 with 5827 viewsDarran

Joe Rodon on 19:55 - Dec 9 by Garyjack

It's Jasper mate. Fvckin pointless. He'll only drag you down to his level then slaughter you!

Well I’m right though aren’t I?

There aren’t many players that have come through their youth systems that play in the Premier League really are there?
There might be a few here and there but when you take into consideration there’s 220 players starting every week it’s a small percentage.

Joe Rodon on 20:12 - Dec 9 with 5799 viewsdobjack2

Joe Rodon on 19:32 - Dec 9 by Loyal

If we stay in this division maybe.

If we go down I expect Fernandez and Mawson to be off. That would change the position big time and we would be in the market for back up/ starter pushing centre halves.
Joe Rodon on 20:14 - Dec 9 with 5785 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Joe Rodon on 19:26 - Dec 9 by Garyjack

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Joe Rodon on 20:15 - Dec 9 with 5772 viewsDarran

Joe Rodon on 20:12 - Dec 9 by dobjack2

If we stay in this division maybe.

If we go down I expect Fernandez and Mawson to be off. That would change the position big time and we would be in the market for back up/ starter pushing centre halves.

Who the fuçk is going to sign Fernández?

Joe Rodon on 20:19 - Dec 9 with 5729 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon on 20:09 - Dec 9 by Darran

Well I’m right though aren’t I?

There aren’t many players that have come through their youth systems that play in the Premier League really are there?
There might be a few here and there but when you take into consideration there’s 220 players starting every week it’s a small percentage.

It is a small percentage, but it does happen at better and worse clubs than ours in this league.

Howe and Bournemouth can absolutely promise him an avenue for progression that we're unlikely ever to. If Man Utd can give game time to "talent" like Declan Love anything's possible.
Joe Rodon on 20:21 - Dec 9 with 5717 viewsdobjack2

Joe Rodon on 20:15 - Dec 9 by Darran

Not necessarily in this country Dar.
Joe Rodon on 20:22 - Dec 9 with 5702 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon on 20:15 - Dec 9 by Darran

Half the price of Mawson, twice as good.
Joe Rodon on 20:27 - Dec 9 with 5655 viewsPrivate_Partz

Joe Rodon on 19:32 - Dec 9 by Loyal

Yep. Reflected in the fact we have one of the best defensive recirds outside of the top 6 despite looking relegation fodder.
It is one of the few areas that we don't need to strengthen in.
I wish the lad well if Eddie Howe does take him under his wing.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024