Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Van Der Hoorne 21:00 - Dec 9 with 2937 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Much improved in recent games.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Van Der Hoorne on 21:01 - Dec 9 with 2927 viewsDr_Winston

Never understood why so many people slagged him in the first place. He looked shaky under Bradley. Who didn't? Crazy to write him off based on that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Van Der Hoorne on 21:02 - Dec 9 with 2921 viewsSS2013

I must admit, I totally wrote this guy off last season, he's proved me wrong, seems to be putting in decent shifts everygame.

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Van Der Hoorne on 21:03 - Dec 9 with 2914 viewsLoyal

Keeping Fernandez out of the team for now and deserved.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Van Der Hoorne on 21:03 - Dec 9 with 2917 viewsSwans_16

I have no idea what Van Der Horne has done over the last few months but he’s looked really really good this season.

Had great strikers in his pocket and today won every header that came his way and stood his ground well - A good defender.
Van Der Hoorne on 21:05 - Dec 9 with 2891 viewsLeonWasGod

Meh. I think he's a bit of a clogger (pun intended ) Constantly gives the ball away with his wafty chips into empty channels. He can put his head on it I suppose, but Fed will be straight back in when he's up to speed.
Van Der Hoorne on 21:16 - Dec 9 with 2842 viewsUplandsJack

Van Der Hoorne on 21:05 - Dec 9 by LeonWasGod

Meh. I think he's a bit of a clogger (pun intended ) Constantly gives the ball away with his wafty chips into empty channels. He can put his head on it I suppose, but Fed will be straight back in when he's up to speed.

And Freddie doesn't?
FF has had a few MOTM performances for us so far this season, but to be fair to VDH if Clement continues with a back four, it should be he who continues to wear the shirt till further notice.
Van Der Hoorne on 21:17 - Dec 9 with 2840 viewsJoshTheJack

Decent wingers help,I hope he keeps his place,Although it would be harsh on Fede because of the situation Van der hoorn has been fairly solid.
Van Der Hoorne on 21:21 - Dec 9 with 2818 viewsLeonWasGod

Van Der Hoorne on 21:16 - Dec 9 by UplandsJack

And Freddie doesn't?
FF has had a few MOTM performances for us so far this season, but to be fair to VDH if Clement continues with a back four, it should be he who continues to wear the shirt till further notice.

Well no, Fed's strength isn't on the ball either. But at least Alfie doesn't have to tell him what to do. Although to be fair to VDH he doesn't get much game time, and he's looked ok in this little run. He's ok, I just think he's wasteful.
Login to get fewer ads

Van Der Hoorne on 21:50 - Dec 9 with 2756 viewsUxbridge

I don't think it's VdH who needs to worry about Fernández replacing him. Or, at least, he's not the one who should be worried.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Van Der Hoorne on 21:52 - Dec 9 with 2735 viewsLoyal

Van Der Hoorne on 21:50 - Dec 9 by Uxbridge

I don't think it's VdH who needs to worry about Fernández replacing him. Or, at least, he's not the one who should be worried.

Alfy needs a rest.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2017 21:52]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Van Der Hoorne on 21:52 - Dec 9 with 2732 viewsItchySphincter

I like Fede but he can't pass for toffee.

VDH was bought as one for the future and shouldn't have been thrown to the wolves last year.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Van Der Hoorne on 21:53 - Dec 9 with 2728 viewsElward

VDH and Fernandez should be the pair. Mawson isn't teribble, but them 2 are far better at doing what a centre half should do. Mawson got lucky again today on a few occasions. That pass across the line infront of Fabianski was suicidal and he was lucky it was WBA and not Man City
Van Der Hoorne on 21:53 - Dec 9 with 2717 viewsTom1912

We (rightfully) criticise Huw's bargain basement transfer solutions like Narsingh but VDH is proving to be an absolute bargain. He's certainly not perfect, but he's putting in very accomplished performances at the moment. Think he's the best in the air out of our centre backs too.
Van Der Hoorne on 21:59 - Dec 9 with 2699 viewsLoyal

Van Der Hoorne on 21:53 - Dec 9 by Tom1912

We (rightfully) criticise Huw's bargain basement transfer solutions like Narsingh but VDH is proving to be an absolute bargain. He's certainly not perfect, but he's putting in very accomplished performances at the moment. Think he's the best in the air out of our centre backs too.

Thing is these players are sourced by agents he pays fortunes to.

Van Der Hoorne on 22:09 - Dec 9 with 2659 viewsPrivate_Partz

Van Der Hoorne on 21:01 - Dec 9 by Dr_Winston

Never understood why so many people slagged him in the first place. He looked shaky under Bradley. Who didn't? Crazy to write him off based on that.

Yep I agree. If a player is on the fringes and not getting regular game time then they get it when they don't perform from the off.
The other problem is many are brought in who are not suitable to our style of play, or who are injured, or who are brought in so late in a window they have no time to bed in.
Jenkins to blame there for me but good Coaches like Frankie, and possibly Clem, can get it to work given time. Unfortunately that time is very rarely there.
I have still not given up on Sam Clucas.....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Van Der Hoorne on 05:57 - Dec 10 with 2501 viewsDr_Winston

Van Der Hoorne on 22:09 - Dec 9 by Private_Partz

Yep I agree. If a player is on the fringes and not getting regular game time then they get it when they don't perform from the off.
The other problem is many are brought in who are not suitable to our style of play, or who are injured, or who are brought in so late in a window they have no time to bed in.
Jenkins to blame there for me but good Coaches like Frankie, and possibly Clem, can get it to work given time. Unfortunately that time is very rarely there.
I have still not given up on Sam Clucas.....

Minds get made up after one or two games. Plus you have people's natural tendency to want to bash a player. It's crazy.

If it's been 10-15 games, the team is playing well but the individual isn't, even in his suited role, then fair enough. How often has that been the case for any player? Clucas is a prime example. We've brought him into a struggling side and not once played him in the position he did last season.

He may well be as bad as people say, but nobody can say it for sure until he's had a decent crack at it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Van Der Hoorne on 14:07 - Dec 11 with 2200 viewswhiterock

Mickey the clog, no nonsense centre half, when under pressure he puts his laces through the ball and clears his lines
Van Der Hoorne on 14:24 - Dec 11 with 2164 viewsbuilthjack

He's a bit thick is Alfie. I noticed on Saturday that the centre backs were under instruction to drop deep and wide when we had goal kicks. West Brom cottoned onto this, so Alfie runs upfield when Fab places the ball down. The West Brom player runs back, so Alfie could then just drop back in and collect it. But he isn't bright enough to do that.he just carried on running upfield. You could see Clement telling him and getting frustrated, but Alfie kept doing it. Definitely a bit thick.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Van Der Hoorne on 14:28 - Dec 11 with 2158 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Last year under BB the defense looked rubbish and people seemed to forget some of the great VDH had had the year before, any player that can keep Troy Deeney in his pocket for the whole game has a certain ability.
Van Der Hoorne on 14:36 - Dec 11 with 2146 viewsWarwickHunt

Innit.

Fede and VDH on current form.
Van Der Hoorne on 15:52 - Dec 11 with 2044 viewsjasper_T

Van Der Hoorne on 21:01 - Dec 9 by Dr_Winston

I had very few hopes for him based on his record in Holland. Nothing to do with performances under Bradley.

I actually thought he was pretty decent under Bob, relatively speaking.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024