Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board 11:33 - Dec 10 with 10760 viewsTheResurrection

Just had the nod now so congratulations firstly to the ones that did. I hope you can go someway to changing the old duffery and stale approach I've now had first hand witness to.

Although. I guess they'll have their work cut out, especially with the type of questions we were all asked in the interview.

Hiding behind collective responsibility in a committee of retired teachers with no energy or balls would always have been a difficult challenge for me.

This isn't sour grapes by the way, I expected not to get on. However I'mglad I've been able to put a few myths to bed.

The Trust can get applications by the plenty so the old duffers that currently serve, and the some that have for god knows how long, there is now no coherent excuse for your continuation, and you should have the grace to allow new blood with a fresh dimension to take your place.

The Trust are also everything I've accused it of over the years. This one wasn't a myth, it was very much true. A closed shop, cosy old boys club.

I tried, I insisted on a video interview as I wanted to see the people doing the interviews, I hope the usual suspects and my finest detractors at least respect that.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 21:42]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:32 - Dec 10 with 2318 viewslondonlisa2001

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 20:45 - Dec 10 by TheResurrection

Fair play.

I can't win.

It seems I should have played somebody else to get on.

No thanks.

Lisa,

Great words and my trust is in you, as well as Clase. I know you're nobody's fool and will only be a true asset to all the Trust's members and Swans fans at large.

I am disappointed you don't get a vote though, I was led to believe you did.

I just hope you can change the Trust as opposed to the Trust changing you

Good luck Clemo 👍

I was concerned about the vote issue.pmand went back and forth on it.

In the end, I thought the positives were the extra voice, there was no guarantee I'd get on anyway, and I thought that if I can't influence anyone, my vote wouldn't much matter so I need to attempt to influence.

It was one of the reasons though I wanted to see if you and Clasie were co-opted.
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:41 - Dec 10 with 2273 viewsGaryjack

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:32 - Dec 10 by exiledclaseboy

There’s a meeting in Tuesday at which that will be decided apparently.

Will you be in the directors box on Wednesday?
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:42 - Dec 10 with 2267 viewsexiledclaseboy

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:41 - Dec 10 by Garyjack

Will you be in the directors box on Wednesday?

Not in a million years will that ever happen. I don’t intend to change my match day routine one iota.

Poll: Tory leader

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:42 - Dec 10 with 2265 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Great news that ECB is on and Lisa has a role and a voice as well.

Chris, please put yourself up for election at the next opportunity and we can get you elected which they can do nothing about. For that reason alone it’s worth remaining a member and having a vote which in a small way can influence the future direction of the Trust.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:51 - Dec 10 with 2222 viewsTheResurrection

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:32 - Dec 10 by londonlisa2001

I was concerned about the vote issue.pmand went back and forth on it.

In the end, I thought the positives were the extra voice, there was no guarantee I'd get on anyway, and I thought that if I can't influence anyone, my vote wouldn't much matter so I need to attempt to influence.

It was one of the reasons though I wanted to see if you and Clasie were co-opted.

Well I hope so but you've more than said your piece on here and that didn't make a difference to them.

Let's hope when you actually get involved you can have an influence within the Trust and the Club itself.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:52 - Dec 10 with 2220 viewsSwanjaxs

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:30 - Dec 10 by QJumpingJack

Who is the Chairman of the Trust? Has it been announced?

I have it on good authority it is to be Oldjack 😲

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 22:22 - Dec 10 with 2148 viewsSkettyJack

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:32 - Dec 10 by exiledclaseboy

There’s a meeting in Tuesday at which that will be decided apparently.

I wonder if they will tell those who haven't got on, you know, out of courtesy 🙄
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 22:27 - Dec 10 with 2126 viewsNookiejack

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 20:29 - Dec 10 by londonlisa2001

Ok, so I was asked if I would become an finance affiliate member of the board.

That's an additional position which hasn't been held for a while, (Rich Lillicrap did hold it) but is equivalent to the position that Dai Little holds as a legal affiliate.

I can't vote on decisions, but I can attend all board meetings and get involved with everything as I wish and give my advice as asked (or as not asked as it happens).

The suggestion was made due to the distance I live away from Swansea - it means that I can contribute on a more informal basis. So, as an example, I can contribute on discussions around the shares, but I don't need to if there are more local matters (e.g. raffles, bowling nights, whatever else).

I have accepted that. It's why I didn't have an interview.

I decided I would do so if the Trust showed signs of genuinely wanting fresh thoughts. I am disappointed that Chris hasn't been appointed. Very disappointed actually. But I'm heartened that ECB has been. I have no idea as yet who else has been appointed, but in accepting an affiliate position, there are still 4 spaces (I don't take up one of them, but can still have my say, which I thought was positive as it means there are 5 new voices on the Trust rather than 4).

I have no idea whether the Trust will change. I hope it does. I hope it becomes more transparent and open, and I hope it stops being the equivalent of a Paul Clement team, fearful, looking at what the other side are doing, not showing confidence in our own talents.

I voted to take legal action. I still believe that was the right thing to do.

I respect the fact that a very limited number of things are sensitive and can't be put in the public domain. However, I believe that I need to be persuaded that something shouldn't be put in public rather than the reverse.

Believe me when I say I have zero interest in hitting my head against a brick wall, and I have zero interest in metaphorically doffing my cap to the temporary owners of this club. We'll be here long after they've disappeared. My only interest is in making sure that another generation of little kids can go to the Swans with their granddad, as I did with mine every week starting 40 plus years ago and fall in love with it all. I hope it's in the premier league, but I hope even more that it's a club those kids can be proud of.

I'll do my best to have an effect. If anyone thinks they can do better, they are welcome to take my place.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 20:32]

WIth your experience Lisa you should have had a vote.

I really hope we don’t find that connections to Nigel Hamer, Stu Macsonald and Will
Morris have been co-opted.

At least ECB is now there and has a vote.
Login to get fewer ads

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 22:35 - Dec 10 with 2098 viewsTheResurrection

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 22:22 - Dec 10 by SkettyJack

I wonder if they will tell those who haven't got on, you know, out of courtesy 🙄

Again, this is a very poor show. They know who they've decided on and apparently emails were supposed to be flying out this morning.

Getting the little things right should be the least everyone should expect.

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 22:38 - Dec 10 with 2079 viewsDarran

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 22:35 - Dec 10 by TheResurrection

Again, this is a very poor show. They know who they've decided on and apparently emails were supposed to be flying out this morning.

Getting the little things right should be the least everyone should expect.

How did you find out you didn’t get on then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 22:39 - Dec 10 with 2080 viewsGaryjack

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 22:22 - Dec 10 by SkettyJack

Did you get an interview?
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 22:42 - Dec 10 with 2073 viewsSwanjaxs

You are Phil Sumbler and I claim my five pound .... 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 01:02 - Dec 11 with 1957 viewsDJack

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 22:42 - Dec 10 by Swanjaxs

You are Phil Sumbler and I claim my five pound .... 😂

Well done to ECB and Lisa.

Commiserations to Res.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 09:26 - Dec 11 with 1842 viewsswanforthemoney

They did, this morning, in at least one case.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 9:28]

I stand in the North Stand

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 09:51 - Dec 11 with 1811 viewsDewi1jack

Haven't always agreed with you Chris but you should have got on the "committee"
Maybe it's time to state you are fluent in Welsh and been a Swans fan since you were in the womb and be elected to the board

Seriously mate.
It's a f**king pity you didn't get on.
Please stay a member and apply to be elected as others have suggested.
I'm hoping that all of us who voted against the sale plus many others would vote for you as it is good when someone is stirring the pot- makes people think, examine details, try and dig deeper for themselves.
I'll certainly "second" you for the nomination papers. As will many others.

I only stayed a member to try and stop our "comfy, cosy, old boys and girls network" sorry Trust committee, giving the Yankees their dollars back for wages/ stadium lease etc.

B'stards couldn't even be bothered to reply to the letter I sent.
Too busy cwtching up with Jase, Stevie Boy and Beaky I guess.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 10:25 - Dec 11 with 1781 viewschad

Really well done to all who applied.

Guttted you did not get on Chris, hope the Board understands that it should not be recreating in its own image, but selecting from a wide variety of sources (it even tells them that in its own rules), viewpoints, skillsets and life experience.

Strong teams are diverse, and in a body that is supposed to represent supporters, representative diversity and bringing that to the recommendations and decisions the Board makes on behalf of the supporters, is an essential requirement.

Well done to ECB and Lisa, really sorry you won’t have a vote Lisa. The issue is, with or without a vote, at this time it seems the same majority opinion will still rule, although a 2 pronged attack from inside and out can only help.

SkettyJack fingers crossed that you could still be on the reserve list (given at least one, ECB, it seems has not accepted yet) but a little communication with you might be the professional thing given much of the results are public on here.

I truly hope we can at least come to a position where the members understand the viewpoints and skills of those they are asked to vote for in the future; and Trust Board members are not gagged by their own fairly newly introduced Trust Board rules, in expressing their concerns re issues of great importance to the supporters. That makes a mockery of all we are set up to do — like a mini me of the new owners trying to gag the Trust . Totally unacceptable and should have not been pushed through.

I also hope the Trust addresses the real concerns re the recent vote and the way it was clearly allowed to be misrepresented in a debate where dissenting voices could be censored; and a clearly balanced argument (which included stressing the serious shortcomings of the deal) was not put to the members.

Trust Board members should understand the consequences of their complicity in this. if millions are lost, when we are finally forced by the majority owners to sell, to anyone with a $, as a consequence of the drag clause they will be gifted.
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:16 - Dec 11 with 1665 viewsAngelRangelQS

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:41 - Dec 10 by exiledclaseboy

Turns out I got on...

Assuming I accept it’s only until July next year so I’ll treat it as a bit of a trial run. If it’s not for me for any reason I’ll dip out at the first opportunity. But it’ll be interesting to see how this goes.

Great news.

Not sure 'congratulations' is the correct word but I'm chuffed someone such as yourself is on the board.
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:25 - Dec 11 with 1655 viewsAngelRangelQS

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 20:45 - Dec 10 by TheResurrection

Fair play.

I can't win.

It seems I should have played somebody else to get on.

No thanks.

Lisa,

Great words and my trust is in you, as well as Clase. I know you're nobody's fool and will only be a true asset to all the Trust's members and Swans fans at large.

I am disappointed you don't get a vote though, I was led to believe you did.

I just hope you can change the Trust as opposed to the Trust changing you

Good luck Clemo 👍

It's the very fact that you didn't change for the process that makes me think you'd have been perfect for it. I personally think you'd have done an excellent job and I'm disappointed you didn't get on.

Presumably at some stage in the future there will be an open election and if so, I hope that you will go for that.
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 17:07 - Dec 11 with 1542 viewslondonlisa2001

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:51 - Dec 10 by TheResurrection

Well I hope so but you've more than said your piece on here and that didn't make a difference to them.

Let's hope when you actually get involved you can have an influence within the Trust and the Club itself.

Your first point hadn't escaped my attention and I have a similar concern. Let's see what difference there may be with new blood. Not many saw what was being posted on here I guess, so again, hopefully there'll be an opportunity to have an influence.

I can only try.
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 19:11 - Dec 11 with 1466 viewsSwanzay

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 17:07 - Dec 11 by londonlisa2001

Your first point hadn't escaped my attention and I have a similar concern. Let's see what difference there may be with new blood. Not many saw what was being posted on here I guess, so again, hopefully there'll be an opportunity to have an influence.

I can only try.

Sincere congrats to you and ECB, now time to get the brush out and clear the dead wood out.

Both within the Trust and more importantly the sell outs.
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 23:40 - Sep 7 with 794 viewsDarran

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:46 - Dec 10 by Rancid

it was shoddy the way it was conducted but you didn't help yourself by posting the reply on here.That went down like a morning turd I bet.If you had big intentions of getting on board then maybe next time try another approach and keep it under wraps.Hats off for going for it though.

Spot on he had no intention of getting on the Trust Board.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 00:23 - Sep 8 with 721 views_

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 23:40 - Sep 7 by Darran

Spot on he had no intention of getting on the Trust Board.

You are one sad bloke.

Obsessed with the Box so much he spends more time searching for my posts than he does with his Mrs and kid.

Shameful

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 00:29 - Sep 8 with 717 views_

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:14 - Dec 10 by Dr_Winston

Putting Trust conversations into the public domain might be exactly what needs to happen.

The stench of the "closed shop" is the biggest problem facing it at the moment. A continued air of silence and secrecy is not the way to go about solving that.

I see Teabag didn't bump this post up? Hmm

But anyway, once again, I shook the Trust up to its core foundations.

Have a look at the Trust Board last year and have a look at it now....

You want change - come and see the Box.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 00:32 - Sep 8 with 717 views_

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:25 - Dec 10 by Dr_Winston

In any case.

If there's to be trust in the co-option policy there needs to be transparency. What sort of questions are being asked? Who is doing the asking? What's the scoring system?

Otherwise it just looks like a bunch of people deciding that they don't want anyone they don't like the look of being part of the trust board.

Very true indeed.

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 00:51 - Sep 8 with 688 viewsE20Jack

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 00:32 - Sep 8 by _

Very true indeed.

Oh dear.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024