Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board 11:33 - Dec 10 with 10755 viewsTheResurrection

Just had the nod now so congratulations firstly to the ones that did. I hope you can go someway to changing the old duffery and stale approach I've now had first hand witness to.

Although. I guess they'll have their work cut out, especially with the type of questions we were all asked in the interview.

Hiding behind collective responsibility in a committee of retired teachers with no energy or balls would always have been a difficult challenge for me.

This isn't sour grapes by the way, I expected not to get on. However I'mglad I've been able to put a few myths to bed.

The Trust can get applications by the plenty so the old duffers that currently serve, and the some that have for god knows how long, there is now no coherent excuse for your continuation, and you should have the grace to allow new blood with a fresh dimension to take your place.

The Trust are also everything I've accused it of over the years. This one wasn't a myth, it was very much true. A closed shop, cosy old boys club.

I tried, I insisted on a video interview as I wanted to see the people doing the interviews, I hope the usual suspects and my finest detractors at least respect that.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 21:42]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:35 - Dec 10 with 3103 viewsDarran

What did they say the reasons were?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:36 - Dec 10 with 3100 viewspencoedjack

They give you a reason ?
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:37 - Dec 10 with 3094 viewsFerrieBodde

Thank God. This is the first correct thing the Trust have done in years.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 11:56]
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:38 - Dec 10 with 3090 viewsTheResurrection

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:35 - Dec 10 by Darran

What did they say the reasons were?

Haven't had official confirmation yet.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:38 - Dec 10 with 3084 viewscimlajack

I'm shocked,i thought you were nailed on to get on the Board,did nt think they had the balls to refuse.
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:43 - Dec 10 with 3037 viewsDarran

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:38 - Dec 10 by TheResurrection

Haven't had official confirmation yet.

Poor decision in my opinion. I don’t think you would have lasted long but you should have had the chance.

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:46 - Dec 10 with 3023 viewsRancid

it was shoddy the way it was conducted but you didn't help yourself by posting the reply on here.That went down like a morning turd I bet.If you had big intentions of getting on board then maybe next time try another approach and keep it under wraps.Hats off for going for it though.
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:52 - Dec 10 with 2983 viewsDarran

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:46 - Dec 10 by Rancid

it was shoddy the way it was conducted but you didn't help yourself by posting the reply on here.That went down like a morning turd I bet.If you had big intentions of getting on board then maybe next time try another approach and keep it under wraps.Hats off for going for it though.

I told him that the other day,he did try and say everything he possibly could not to get on.

Login to get fewer ads

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:54 - Dec 10 with 2978 viewsRancid

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:52 - Dec 10 by Darran

I told him that the other day,he did try and say everything he possibly could not to get on.

no comment.
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:55 - Dec 10 with 2974 viewsTheResurrection

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:46 - Dec 10 by Rancid

Yeah that's right, I should've forgot all the years when I've been trying to blow a hole in their transparency by keeping things as secretly and private as they'd liked.

Not me Chris but thanks for the heads up.

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:55 - Dec 10 with 2973 viewsmonmouth

Seriously, put yourself up for permanent (because it is isn't it?) election. They need replacing, not adding to.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:03 - Dec 10 with 2930 viewsDarran

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:55 - Dec 10 by monmouth

Seriously, put yourself up for permanent (because it is isn't it?) election. They need replacing, not adding to.

Brilliant. Campaign coming up. Vote The Res.

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:05 - Dec 10 with 2922 viewsmonmouth

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:03 - Dec 10 by Darran

Brilliant. Campaign coming up. Vote The Res.

Well if he doesn't get on then it is at least for the 'right' reasons.

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:05 - Dec 10 with 2914 viewsairedale

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:55 - Dec 10 by monmouth

Ha ha, they’ll be miffed when they read that Monny.
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:08 - Dec 10 with 2898 viewsmonmouth

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:05 - Dec 10 by airedale

Ha ha, they’ll be miffed when they read that Monny.

Oh God, some of them may need an extra ovaltine before bedtime.

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:09 - Dec 10 with 2893 viewsRancid

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:55 - Dec 10 by TheResurrection

Yeah that's right, I should've forgot all the years when I've been trying to blow a hole in their transparency by keeping things as secretly and private as they'd liked.

Not me Chris but thanks for the heads up.

You done what you did via the internet and done it very well.The next step fell to your lap and you was from what I can gather persuaded to put yourself forward.That was great news.

The disappointing thing was you putting the private conversation between yourself and the Trust member on full view and in the public domain.

I know they dragged their feet and you done it out of frustration and to get a reaction (which you did) but I honestly think that in itself was enough for them not to consider you.
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:13 - Dec 10 with 2864 viewsDarran

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:09 - Dec 10 by Rancid

You done what you did via the internet and done it very well.The next step fell to your lap and you was from what I can gather persuaded to put yourself forward.That was great news.

The disappointing thing was you putting the private conversation between yourself and the Trust member on full view and in the public domain.

I know they dragged their feet and you done it out of frustration and to get a reaction (which you did) but I honestly think that in itself was enough for them not to consider you.

Exactly. He seemed to go out of his way to do it too when all he had to do was STFU for a few days.

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:14 - Dec 10 with 2859 viewsmonmouth

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:13 - Dec 10 by Darran

Exactly. He seemed to go out of his way to do it too when all he had to do was STFU for a few days.

Really? You think they would ever had appointed him?

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:14 - Dec 10 with 2857 viewsTheResurrection

For me the most important thing is having some sort of control over what the Trust does, and that can only come from knowing how it operates and who exactly are involved.

I think the last few weeks has highlighted the Trust like never before. It had 15 applications for new members, numbers not seen before. And why? Simply because for once these elections were properly discussed, debated and brought to life.

Phil has done his part, so has Matt, they stuck by their principles and have brought attention to the difficulties and challenges from within our own board room.

Each and everyone of the Trust Board will now need to prove why they're on there and not just enjoy sitting in a committee to be slightly more in the know than they were before.

What do you bring to the table, what are your views and move away from hiding behind each other and leaving the odd few take the flack

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:14 - Dec 10 with 2854 viewsDr_Winston

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:09 - Dec 10 by Rancid

Putting Trust conversations into the public domain might be exactly what needs to happen.

The stench of the "closed shop" is the biggest problem facing it at the moment. A continued air of silence and secrecy is not the way to go about solving that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:15 - Dec 10 with 2848 viewsAguycalledJack

If we are not happy with the trust board is there anything stopping trust members calling for a new vote so that existing members whilst being given the opportunity to put their case can be voted off (or back on) therefor providing the opportunity for them to be replaced?
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:16 - Dec 10 with 2842 viewsRancid

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:14 - Dec 10 by Dr_Winston

Putting Trust conversations into the public domain might be exactly what needs to happen.

The stench of the "closed shop" is the biggest problem facing it at the moment. A continued air of silence and secrecy is not the way to go about solving that.

Afterwards when he's elected yeah.But not while he's trying to get on board.
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:17 - Dec 10 with 2833 viewsDarran

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:14 - Dec 10 by monmouth

Really? You think they would ever had appointed him?

I felt as if they had to to bring back some credibility untill he gave them a very good excuse not to by posting private conversations on here.

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:19 - Dec 10 with 2817 viewsSkettyJack

Confidentially was such a key focus of the interview questions that I can't say I'm surprised that you didn't get on the board. Personally I feel that some of the questions were as a direct result of posters putting it to the trust board and openingly challenging them on here. They don't like it

I have heard anything as yet
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:20 - Dec 10 with 2808 viewsTheResurrection

I don't care about that to be honest Chris, it's all about the Swans for me and the foot soldiers having a bit more influence, control or even know how.

I'm glad I have played a small part in bringing the goings on within the Trust more into the open, and I don't mean just recently, I mean over the last few years too.

It's not about Nigel Hamer or Stu MacDonald or anyone person in particular, it's about our football club.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024