Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board 11:33 - Dec 10 with 10759 viewsTheResurrection

Just had the nod now so congratulations firstly to the ones that did. I hope you can go someway to changing the old duffery and stale approach I've now had first hand witness to.

Although. I guess they'll have their work cut out, especially with the type of questions we were all asked in the interview.

Hiding behind collective responsibility in a committee of retired teachers with no energy or balls would always have been a difficult challenge for me.

This isn't sour grapes by the way, I expected not to get on. However I'mglad I've been able to put a few myths to bed.

The Trust can get applications by the plenty so the old duffers that currently serve, and the some that have for god knows how long, there is now no coherent excuse for your continuation, and you should have the grace to allow new blood with a fresh dimension to take your place.

The Trust are also everything I've accused it of over the years. This one wasn't a myth, it was very much true. A closed shop, cosy old boys club.

I tried, I insisted on a video interview as I wanted to see the people doing the interviews, I hope the usual suspects and my finest detractors at least respect that.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 21:42]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:24 - Dec 10 with 1513 viewsRancid

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:14 - Dec 10 by TheResurrection

For me the most important thing is having some sort of control over what the Trust does, and that can only come from knowing how it operates and who exactly are involved.

I think the last few weeks has highlighted the Trust like never before. It had 15 applications for new members, numbers not seen before. And why? Simply because for once these elections were properly discussed, debated and brought to life.

Phil has done his part, so has Matt, they stuck by their principles and have brought attention to the difficulties and challenges from within our own board room.

Each and everyone of the Trust Board will now need to prove why they're on there and not just enjoy sitting in a committee to be slightly more in the know than they were before.

What do you bring to the table, what are your views and move away from hiding behind each other and leaving the odd few take the flack

I'm quite happy taking a back seat and just having an opinion.You've chosen to take it upon yourself to be out at the front and kudos to you.

Aren't I allowed to point out that maybe putting that letter on here wasn't the best idea?
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:25 - Dec 10 with 1510 viewsDr_Winston

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:16 - Dec 10 by Rancid

Afterwards when he's elected yeah.But not while he's trying to get on board.

In any case.

If there's to be trust in the co-option policy there needs to be transparency. What sort of questions are being asked? Who is doing the asking? What's the scoring system?

Otherwise it just looks like a bunch of people deciding that they don't want anyone they don't like the look of being part of the trust board.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:27 - Dec 10 with 1502 viewsdobjack2

Shame.

Disagree with you quite often but all points of view need to be represented for the board to be truely representative of fans.
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:29 - Dec 10 with 1489 viewsmonmouth

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:25 - Dec 10 by Dr_Winston

In any case.

If there's to be trust in the co-option policy there needs to be transparency. What sort of questions are being asked? Who is doing the asking? What's the scoring system?

Otherwise it just looks like a bunch of people deciding that they don't want anyone they don't like the look of being part of the trust board.

Which is exactly what it is of course, however it is dressed up.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:29 - Dec 10 with 1485 viewsRancid

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:25 - Dec 10 by Dr_Winston

In any case.

Yeah which is where Chris would have been good for the gig.Unfortunately we're no better off now and nothing as changed.It's worse infact now without Sumbler.
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:36 - Dec 10 with 1450 viewsTheResurrection

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:19 - Dec 10 by SkettyJack

Confidentially was such a key focus of the interview questions that I can't say I'm surprised that you didn't get on the board. Personally I feel that some of the questions were as a direct result of posters putting it to the trust board and openingly challenging them on here. They don't like it

I have heard anything as yet

Indeed it was.

And do you know the worst part of this, and I've told Ux this personally, but not all Board members had anything to do with the interviews.

Ux didn't even know what questions they were going to ask.

I told him, with all that's gone on recently and the huge focus on the Trust, this was disgraceful. They allowed just 3 members to choose how to approach the bringing on of new people. And 3 members who don't say Boo to a goose in Trust meetings and hide behind the safety of each other and agree with everything the Club tells them.

This is so bizarre it almost feels corrupt. The 3 people that Phil and Matt would've had most difficulties with were allowed to profile the new Co-Optees.

..... Closed shop???!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:41 - Dec 10 with 1433 viewsexiledclaseboy

Turns out I got on...

Assuming I accept it’s only until July next year so I’ll treat it as a bit of a trial run. If it’s not for me for any reason I’ll dip out at the first opportunity. But it’ll be interesting to see how this goes.

Poll: Tory leader

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:42 - Dec 10 with 1431 viewsmax936

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:14 - Dec 10 by Dr_Winston

Putting Trust conversations into the public domain might be exactly what needs to happen.

The stench of the "closed shop" is the biggest problem facing it at the moment. A continued air of silence and secrecy is not the way to go about solving that.

Spot on that Doc, spot on

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:44 - Dec 10 with 1422 viewsTheResurrection

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:41 - Dec 10 by exiledclaseboy

Turns out I got on...

Assuming I accept it’s only until July next year so I’ll treat it as a bit of a trial run. If it’s not for me for any reason I’ll dip out at the first opportunity. But it’ll be interesting to see how this goes.

I am most pleased by this as like I've told you, I trust you and know you'll de right by us all and yourself.

Congratulations mate and you have my every support.

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:46 - Dec 10 with 1410 viewsRancid

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:41 - Dec 10 by exiledclaseboy

Turns out I got on...

Post the letter on here COME ON COME ON
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:51 - Dec 10 with 1386 viewsmax936

Turns out I got on...

Congratulations Andrew, cannot see you being a yes sir no sir Co opter and like Chris would have done we know you'll do your utmost to make sure things are done in the correct way.

Great pity Chris didn't get on though as he probably would have made some question themselves, there's hopefully another chance for him at some point.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:52 - Dec 10 with 1379 viewsmonmouth

Turns out I got on...

Good. Now for Lisa.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:53 - Dec 10 with 1376 viewsexiledclaseboy

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:52 - Dec 10 by monmouth

Good. Now for Lisa.

That’s what I’m waiting for before formally accepting.

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 13:09 - Dec 10 with 1324 viewsSwanseajill

Turns out I got on...

Congratulations Clasey.

I doubt you'll "dip out" when the going gets tough..and it will.

Only aim is fans first and foremost, but you're as sharp as a🔪You'll do good.
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 13:11 - Dec 10 with 1323 viewsRancid

Well done Andrew and just the man who'd be accepted by the 'Trust'

Ticks all the boxes and a passive fan of the club.He'll advocate drinking and smoking in the stadium too and bringing your own food in so yeah good choice✌
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 13:14 - Dec 10 with 1315 viewsSwanseajill

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 13:11 - Dec 10 by Rancid

Ticks all the boxes and a passive fan of the club.He'll advocate drinking and smoking in the stadium too and bringing your own food in so yeah good choice✌

That's the first time I've today.
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 13:20 - Dec 10 with 1287 viewsOldjack

Turns out I got on...

Don't forget your pims and prawn sandwiches

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 13:26 - Dec 10 with 1254 viewsSkettyJack

Turns out I got on...

That's great news. Congratulations
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 13:27 - Dec 10 with 1249 viewsunion_jack

Turns out I got on...

Well done sir!

Are you still happy to be part of the Independent Suppoerters' Group or not?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 13:27 - Dec 10 with 1245 views34dfgdf54

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:53 - Dec 10 by exiledclaseboy

That’s what I’m waiting for before formally accepting.

Did Lisa drop out due to the need of an interview though? Thought I read a post somewhere along the way
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 13:30 - Dec 10 with 1226 viewslonglostjack

Why on earth haven't they published the list of 15 applicants?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 13:34 - Dec 10 with 1211 viewsSmellyplumz

Wrong decision but not surprised, trust are spineless.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 13:44 - Dec 10 with 1184 viewsexiledclaseboy

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 13:11 - Dec 10 by Rancid

I’m sure there’s a compliment in there somewhere but it’s well hidden amongst the implication that I’ll be some kind of yes man pushover.

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 13:46 - Dec 10 with 1174 viewsexiledclaseboy

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 13:27 - Dec 10 by union_jack

Well done sir!

Are you still happy to be part of the Independent Suppoerters' Group or not?

Yes.

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 13:48 - Dec 10 with 1165 viewsjack247

Turns out I got on...

Congratulations and good luck. Commiserations Res.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024