Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prince Harry,Royals never change 15:13 - Dec 10 with 7841 viewscentrestandswan

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4046340/Prince-Harry-sneaks-hunting-trip

Did his guns get checked by customs. Blood thirsty clown.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 18:51 - Dec 11 with 2554 viewsE20Jack

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 18:47 - Dec 11 by LeonWasGod

We certainly didn't evolve eating meat and other animal products in the way we do now: multiple times a day, gorging on intensively reared, fat-enhanced, nutrient-poor, antibiotic-filled crap. Look at most of the remaining nomadic tribes and they'll eat a lot more plant-based food than us. Except the Eskimos I imagine.

The fact you will die or be severely sick if you go round grabbing animals and taking large bites out of them (not that your teeth can do that anyway of course, some people can barely open a packet of crisps with their teeth) suggests we certainly are not supposed to eat meat.

As you say, certain tribes or groups of people who live in harsh or extreme environments have no choice but to turn to eating rotting flesh in order to survive. It is a major contribution to one of the worst health epidemics we have faced.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 18:52 - Dec 11 with 2552 viewsE20Jack

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 18:46 - Dec 11 by whoflungdung

No. It's pointless isn't it as you clearly have the higher moral ground. I know when I'm beaten .

Enjoy your evening

So assuming you see me not wanting to kill animals for pleasure as being ''a moral high ground'' suggests you know that the opposite is wrong. Yes?

Although I will say, the clear health implications is what made me sit up and take notice, it was only then that I was able to shake off the shackles of what society normalised in my head to see what extreme cruelty we are inflicting on the world. So out of selfishness was what bred the selflessness. Make of that what you will.

[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 18:59]

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 18:59 - Dec 11 with 2537 viewswhoflungdung

Well, sorry to disappoint you but no.

I'm not sure I have to justify myself to anyone least of all you.

So....no need to shoot birds and animals for food

Killing for the thrill of it is morally wrong

There ya go,son

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 19:04 - Dec 11 with 2533 viewsJack_Meoff

This is an eye opening read about factory farming. The amount of hormones and antibiotics etc that are fed to these animals is bound to impact on humans before long, and It's also very revealing about its effect on the environment. It's hideous. Did for me anyway, couldn't be part of that any more.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eating-Animals-Jonathan-Safran-Foer-ebook/dp/B00390BE7G

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 19:07 - Dec 11 with 2530 viewsE20Jack

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 18:59 - Dec 11 by whoflungdung

Well, sorry to disappoint you but no.

I'm not sure I have to justify myself to anyone least of all you.

So....no need to shoot birds and animals for food

Killing for the thrill of it is morally wrong

There ya go,son

But killing an animal needlessly for pleasure is the same surely?

What makes your taste bud fix more important than Prince Harrys adrenaline fix? You can both get that elsewhere, both needless, animal gets murdered as a result of both.

Killing needlessly is morally wrong in itself, you cant break that down to suit yourself. If its needless its needless.

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 19:11 - Dec 11 with 2527 viewsE20Jack

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 19:04 - Dec 11 by Jack_Meoff

This is an eye opening read about factory farming. The amount of hormones and antibiotics etc that are fed to these animals is bound to impact on humans before long, and It's also very revealing about its effect on the environment. It's hideous. Did for me anyway, couldn't be part of that any more.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eating-Animals-Jonathan-Safran-Foer-ebook/dp/B00390BE7G

Top man. Yes it is horrific, this is before even going into the animals themselves and the extreme cruelty we are inflicting on sentient beings.

The number 1 cause for global deforestation is cattle farming. whether that is growing their feed or having the cattle themselves. We grow enough grain and crops in the world to feed every single person on the earth, but we use it to feed animals we then kill to feed a portion of the world. It is unsustainable and a massive distribution imbalance of energy and food.

Horrific. Truly. The fact it is normalised in so many people is frightening.

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 19:26 - Dec 11 with 2521 viewsJack_Meoff

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 19:11 - Dec 11 by E20Jack

Top man. Yes it is horrific, this is before even going into the animals themselves and the extreme cruelty we are inflicting on sentient beings.

The number 1 cause for global deforestation is cattle farming. whether that is growing their feed or having the cattle themselves. We grow enough grain and crops in the world to feed every single person on the earth, but we use it to feed animals we then kill to feed a portion of the world. It is unsustainable and a massive distribution imbalance of energy and food.

Horrific. Truly. The fact it is normalised in so many people is frightening.

Thing is though mate is that the meat and dairy industries are huge, and their lobbyists have a lot of money behind them. It's not in their interests for people to be informed on this issue. I can't say much as I only stopped eating meat about 2 1/2 years ago and been vegan for about 1 1/2 so it took me long enough to educate myself.

I think we all know that what happens in slaughterhouses isn't great, but when you do read about it....sickening. And you're right about it being unsustainable. It takes eight calories of corn to produce one calorie of meat. With people on the planet starving. F*cking mental.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 19:33 - Dec 11 with 2513 viewsE20Jack

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 19:26 - Dec 11 by Jack_Meoff

Thing is though mate is that the meat and dairy industries are huge, and their lobbyists have a lot of money behind them. It's not in their interests for people to be informed on this issue. I can't say much as I only stopped eating meat about 2 1/2 years ago and been vegan for about 1 1/2 so it took me long enough to educate myself.

I think we all know that what happens in slaughterhouses isn't great, but when you do read about it....sickening. And you're right about it being unsustainable. It takes eight calories of corn to produce one calorie of meat. With people on the planet starving. F*cking mental.

Same here, I'm only fairly recently a vegan myself. But would never go back in a million years, never felt so healthy. Just about breaking the chain and stopping all the justifying that goes on in your head - there is no justification.

It is growing though, people are waking up. I honestly think we are in an age now where we were when smoking was seen as fine. Now it comes with health warnings and generally frowned upon.

There is a direct link between breast cancer and dairy, yet breast cancer organisation is sponsored by the biggest dairy industries out there. Red meat has major links to heart disease yet they still have beef on their website as recommended meal plans and are backed by the biggest meat companies in America. Which of course fund the pharmaceutical companies as most antibiotics created are given to healthy animals, then secondly profits from the medication it gives to the humans from eating the stuff.

There is profit in disease and society is willingly making themselves sick.

The world health organisation has bacon as ranked as a category 1 cacinogenic alongside plutonium. I wonder how many people know that? and then I wonder why they don't know that....
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 19:51]

Login to get fewer ads

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 21:29 - Dec 11 with 2481 viewsFlashberryjack

Can't beat a nice roasted Pheasant or a plump Partridge, a nice brace of wild Brown Trout fried in a bit of butter takes some beating as well.

Wild Boar sausages, Venison stake.....delicious.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 21:36 - Dec 11 with 2471 viewsE20Jack

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 21:29 - Dec 11 by Flashberryjack

Can't beat a nice roasted Pheasant or a plump Partridge, a nice brace of wild Brown Trout fried in a bit of butter takes some beating as well.

Wild Boar sausages, Venison stake.....delicious.

I am sure.

Human tastes good too, according to cannibals.

Thankfully though, in a non pre conditioned society, humans put morals above the taste of something. So there is always hope that we can return to how we are supposed to be, and that hope does seem to be coming to fruition as the vegan awakening seems to be spreading like wildfire.

Over half a million vegans now in the UK and quite telling is that the majority are coming from the youth. Major investment is going into vegan options, Ben and Jerrys and Baileys the most recent companies forced to cater for vegans due to the strength in demand.

It is the future. No doubt.

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 21:36 - Dec 11 with 2470 viewswhoflungdung

My wife is not over weight and hardly eats dairy but still had breast cancer ,as did her sister who also doesn't do much dairy

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 21:40 - Dec 11 with 2463 viewsE20Jack

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 21:36 - Dec 11 by whoflungdung

My wife is not over weight and hardly eats dairy but still had breast cancer ,as did her sister who also doesn't do much dairy

Not sure what difference that makes. But glad you used the word ''had'' assuming she has now made a full recovery.

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 21:46 - Dec 11 with 2454 viewsFlashberryjack

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 21:36 - Dec 11 by E20Jack

I am sure.

Human tastes good too, according to cannibals.

Thankfully though, in a non pre conditioned society, humans put morals above the taste of something. So there is always hope that we can return to how we are supposed to be, and that hope does seem to be coming to fruition as the vegan awakening seems to be spreading like wildfire.

Over half a million vegans now in the UK and quite telling is that the majority are coming from the youth. Major investment is going into vegan options, Ben and Jerrys and Baileys the most recent companies forced to cater for vegans due to the strength in demand.

It is the future. No doubt.

I haven't spoken to a cannibal so I'll take your word for it.

Hello

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 21:47 - Dec 11 with 2452 viewsE20Jack

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 21:46 - Dec 11 by Flashberryjack

I haven't spoken to a cannibal so I'll take your word for it.

Documented.

Corned beef apparently. Needless to say the judge did not feel that was a good enough reason.

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 21:48 - Dec 11 with 2450 viewswhoflungdung

Dairy,chocolate ,alcohol...list goes on and on..

Also obesity

Thanks for sentiments . Long way to go yet

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 21:51 - Dec 11 with 2448 viewsE20Jack

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 21:48 - Dec 11 by whoflungdung

Dairy,chocolate ,alcohol...list goes on and on..

Also obesity

Thanks for sentiments . Long way to go yet

Absolutely does.

Don't consume them then surely? Once breast cancer is diagnosed, survival rates are high in those that do not consume dairy. It is not natural. Your insides inflame the second it is consumed.

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 12:02 - Dec 12 with 2399 viewsHighjack

This is almost as crazy as the flat earth nutjobs.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 12:36 - Dec 12 with 2385 viewsE20Jack

yet amazingly... you are referring to the people who think chugging on the breast milk formula for a baby calf is weird.

Such amazing lack of self awareness there HJ

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 13:27 - Dec 12 with 2359 viewsHighjack

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 18:47 - Dec 11 by LeonWasGod

We certainly didn't evolve eating meat and other animal products in the way we do now: multiple times a day, gorging on intensively reared, fat-enhanced, nutrient-poor, antibiotic-filled crap. Look at most of the remaining nomadic tribes and they'll eat a lot more plant-based food than us. Except the Eskimos I imagine.

And the Masai Mara who exist almost entirely on milk and cows blood. They can go their whole lives without eating a single fruit, grain or vegetable. Yet they are far more healthy than every pale, skinny vegan nibbling on a quorn sausage out there.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 14:10 - Dec 12 with 2350 viewslondonlisa2001

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 13:27 - Dec 12 by Highjack

And the Masai Mara who exist almost entirely on milk and cows blood. They can go their whole lives without eating a single fruit, grain or vegetable. Yet they are far more healthy than every pale, skinny vegan nibbling on a quorn sausage out there.

Apart from their life expectancy being about half of ours that is...

They have the lowest life expectancy in the modern world. And that's despite a huge amount of physical activity compare to us.

Interestingly, their life expectancy is increasing as they move to a more plant based diet and away from their traditional diet.

Probably a poor example to pick? Although you'll be hard pushed to find an example of people who consume a lot of animal products being healthier than those who don't in fairness.
Prince Harry,Royals never change on 14:15 - Dec 12 with 2343 viewsFlashberryjack

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 14:10 - Dec 12 by londonlisa2001

They have the lowest life expectancy in the modern world. And that's despite a huge amount of physical activity compare to us.

Interestingly, their life expectancy is increasing as they move to a more plant based diet and away from their traditional diet.

Probably a poor example to pick? Although you'll be hard pushed to find an example of people who consume a lot of animal products being healthier than those who don't in fairness.

Eskimos ?

Hello

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 14:25 - Dec 12 with 2339 viewsE20Jack

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 14:10 - Dec 12 by londonlisa2001

Don't bring sense into this Lisa, we have someone trying to desperately trying to cling on to the notion that supping on the mammary secretions of a cow is normal.

The science is there as is the obvious common sense. Its whether people wish to see it or not.

I remember my Gran telling me smoking was good for her, I always wondered if she actually believed it.

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 14:28 - Dec 12 with 2336 viewslondonlisa2001

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 14:15 - Dec 12 by Flashberryjack

Eskimos ?

Life expectancy about 15 years lower than the rest of Canada.

Particularly high level of cardio vascular disease and strokes.

So not really.
Prince Harry,Royals never change on 14:28 - Dec 12 with 2336 viewsE20Jack

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 14:15 - Dec 12 by Flashberryjack

Eskimos ?

I covered that in the previous page. It wont be good for them, but due to their harsh environment they have no choice. The levels of mercury in fish is astounding.

Look at your anatomy. You are quite clearly a herbivore . A herbivore that has been conditioned to eat animal products for the profit of corporations regardless of the obvious and stark health risks due to your body not wanting it.

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 17:27 - Dec 12 with 2297 viewsDrizzy

Prince Harry,Royals never change on 14:28 - Dec 12 by E20Jack

I covered that in the previous page. It wont be good for them, but due to their harsh environment they have no choice. The levels of mercury in fish is astounding.

Look at your anatomy. You are quite clearly a herbivore . A herbivore that has been conditioned to eat animal products for the profit of corporations regardless of the obvious and stark health risks due to your body not wanting it.

Gosh you're a f*cking tedious bore aren't you?

It's exactly this kind of preachy hyperbole that puts people off the very idea of veganism. The irony being it makes meat-eaters more defensive of their habits and less likely to change.

I've been slowly transitioning the veganism over the last year or so, no thanks to the ramblings of self-righteous c*cks like you, but can happily admit that changing generational habits takes time and there are some aspects of cooking that can't be replaced with purely plant-based alternatives and a lot of current replacements taste like sh*t (see: Quorn).

Hamburgers taste good to the vast majority of "unenlightened" folk even those who weren't raised eating them. Sorry. This is a fact. It's so good that the solution to destructive cattle farming, in the developed world, will probably become artificial lab-grown meat rather than a global dietary shift.

The problem, as with most vices, is excessive consumption. Of course another point is that some people don't aspire to live the healthiest/longest life possible and just want to do things they enjoy. A simple fact that you cannot seem to grasp.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024