Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lukaku 18:32 - Dec 10 with 2466 viewsJethroJack

Pathetic.
Lukaku on 19:31 - Dec 10 with 2350 viewsOldjack

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Lukaku on 19:49 - Dec 10 with 2296 viewsPrivate_Partz

When on top form he is almost unplayable.
Problem is that when he goes off the boil he turns into Billy Bonehead and that can last for months.
For that reason he is not worth anywhere near the figures quoted.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Lukaku on 19:58 - Dec 10 with 2262 viewsskettyparkherbert

Lukaku on 19:31 - Dec 10 by Oldjack

Did anybody watch the mersey derby.

Siggy, £45 million, we had Evertons pants down

None of these players are worth what was paid for them but that is the premier league for you.

In terms of Clubs spending money there is no coincidence and normally this dictates where they finish in the league.

Leicester aside (we will never witness that again for another generation) but this season who are the big spenders?

Man City
Man Utd
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs

They will be the top six a few may be in a different order?

I have often wondered if Pep and Jose took over a club like say Barsley or Burton no disrespect, with little or no money how would they perform as coaches over several seasons?

Toshack, Graham Taylor, Clough have performed similar Miracles but didn't get the same credit as these super coaches.

How the fuk can the rest of the teams seriously compete with these Money monster clubs?
Lukaku on 20:11 - Dec 10 with 2223 viewsHighjack

Lukaku on 19:58 - Dec 10 by skettyparkherbert

None of these players are worth what was paid for them but that is the premier league for you.

In terms of Clubs spending money there is no coincidence and normally this dictates where they finish in the league.

Leicester aside (we will never witness that again for another generation) but this season who are the big spenders?

Man City
Man Utd
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs

I have often wondered if Pep and Jose took over a club like say Barsley or Burton no disrespect, with little or no money how would they perform as coaches over several seasons?

Toshack, Graham Taylor, Clough have performed similar Miracles but didn't get the same credit as these super coaches.

How the fuk can the rest of the teams seriously compete with these Money monster clubs?

In fairness, Mourinho did start off at the very very bottom. Guardiola has just been parachuted into the best teams in the world so the jury is very much out with him.

The great managers of yesteryear had to work up from the very bottom. Ferguson started at East Stirlingshire, traditionally the worst team in Scotland. He only had eight players and no keeper. Yet still got success by their standards.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Lukaku on 20:25 - Dec 10 with 2180 viewsgrabsplatter

Man City
Man Utd
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs

No idea why you've put Arsenal in there they didn't spend anything, they made a net profit on transfers??
Lukaku on 20:29 - Dec 10 with 2168 viewsskettyparkherbert

Lukaku on 20:11 - Dec 10 by Highjack

In fairness, Mourinho did start off at the very very bottom. Guardiola has just been parachuted into the best teams in the world so the jury is very much out with him.

The great managers of yesteryear had to work up from the very bottom. Ferguson started at East Stirlingshire, traditionally the worst team in Scotland. He only had eight players and no keeper. Yet still got success by their standards.

Exactly

Money is killing the game don't you think?

I personally think Euefa should start a European super League to get shot of the so called big boys as i believe they are holding back other teams in their respective countries?

These teams are the richest teams in Europe

Spain - Real and Barca
France - Paris St Germain, Monaco
Germany - Beyern, Dortmund
England - City, Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool
Italy - Juve, Milan
Scotland - Celtic,Rangers

This will happen in other European Countries too, these clubs have so much power in the game and no other clubs will be able to compete with them so it will be the same old champions league winners too.

Don't even get me started on Financial fair play, what a fuking joke that is.

I say let them have their exclusive league and let the other leagues be more competitive.
Lukaku on 21:31 - Dec 10 with 2057 viewsSgorioFruit

Give me low league football any day of the week
Apart from wanting the Swans to be competing in the top league.
A bit hypocritical of me really.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Lukaku on 21:49 - Dec 10 with 2013 viewslonglostjack

Lukaku on 20:29 - Dec 10 by skettyparkherbert

Exactly

Money is killing the game don't you think?

I personally think Euefa should start a European super League to get shot of the so called big boys as i believe they are holding back other teams in their respective countries?

These teams are the richest teams in Europe

Spain - Real and Barca
France - Paris St Germain, Monaco
Germany - Beyern, Dortmund
England - City, Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool
Italy - Juve, Milan
Scotland - Celtic,Rangers

This will happen in other European Countries too, these clubs have so much power in the game and no other clubs will be able to compete with them so it will be the same old champions league winners too.

Don't even get me started on Financial fair play, what a fuking joke that is.

I say let them have their exclusive league and let the other leagues be more competitive.

Rangers?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Lukaku on 21:57 - Dec 10 with 1992 viewsBobbyBacala

Man City
Man Utd
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs

On the Pep/Burton thing, doesn't it cut both ways? I think Dyche is a fantastic manager but I don't think he'd be effective at a club like Man City. Some managers who've done well with smaller teams can't cope with 'big' jobs (Moyes at Man United) or have a problem spending money (Hughes at Man City and I wonder if this is what puts clubs off Eddie Howe). Hodgson is maybe another example of this - he did fantastic at WBA and Fulham but stunk the place out at Liverpool and England. Similarly, Zidane is a great manager for Real, but I think he'd be struggle pretty much anywhere else.

As for the Taylor, Clough and Toshack thing, I think that's just recency bias - according the media, everything is better these days so achievements like those get overlooked.
Lukaku on 22:06 - Dec 10 with 1960 viewsskettyparkherbert

Lukaku on 21:57 - Dec 10 by BobbyBacala

On the Pep/Burton thing, doesn't it cut both ways? I think Dyche is a fantastic manager but I don't think he'd be effective at a club like Man City. Some managers who've done well with smaller teams can't cope with 'big' jobs (Moyes at Man United) or have a problem spending money (Hughes at Man City and I wonder if this is what puts clubs off Eddie Howe). Hodgson is maybe another example of this - he did fantastic at WBA and Fulham but stunk the place out at Liverpool and England. Similarly, Zidane is a great manager for Real, but I think he'd be struggle pretty much anywhere else.

As for the Taylor, Clough and Toshack thing, I think that's just recency bias - according the media, everything is better these days so achievements like those get overlooked.

I take your point but it just pisses me off when some of these so called big clubs spend £500m to a £billion and think they are the best coaches on the planet.

TBH how the hell are we supposed to compete on a level playing field with these clubs?

They can waste £100/200 mil plus on players and still not play them and sell them on for less than half and just go on to the next top player.

That's not good coaching its just taking the piss
Lukaku on 22:09 - Dec 10 with 1942 viewsDarran

I’ll tell you one thing about managers. Everyone hated the biggest winner ever Ferguson because he was always moaning.
These fuçkers today take it to the next level. Everyone of them at the top have moaned about playing too many games,well stop fuçking winning then.
You only have to look at videos of Mourinho today and Klopp,what a twát Klopp made of himself. Conte is moaning about playing too many games though forgets that when Chelsea won the League last season they didn’t have to play any European games and then there’s Pep who didn’t stop fuçking moaning all the way through last season when Man City we’re losing games.
They’re all tossers. Especially Mourinho I can’t wait untill that prick leaves Man United because it’s unlikely after that he’ll manage in the Prem again.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Lukaku on 22:11 - Dec 10 with 1935 viewsmonmouth

Lukaku on 21:49 - Dec 10 by longlostjack

Rangers?

Scotland?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Lukaku on 22:13 - Dec 10 with 1922 viewsmonmouth

Lukaku on 22:09 - Dec 10 by Darran

I’ll tell you one thing about managers. Everyone hated the biggest winner ever Ferguson because he was always moaning.
These fuçkers today take it to the next level. Everyone of them at the top have moaned about playing too many games,well stop fuçking winning then.
You only have to look at videos of Mourinho today and Klopp,what a twát Klopp made of himself. Conte is moaning about playing too many games though forgets that when Chelsea won the League last season they didn’t have to play any European games and then there’s Pep who didn’t stop fuçking moaning all the way through last season when Man City we’re losing games.
They’re all tossers. Especially Mourinho I can’t wait untill that prick leaves Man United because it’s unlikely after that he’ll manage in the Prem again.

Man Utd played just like us to today. Cowardly pussies. It takes some real skill to spend about a zillion quid and be too scared to compete.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Lukaku on 22:15 - Dec 10 with 1920 viewsBobbyBacala

Lukaku on 22:06 - Dec 10 by skettyparkherbert

I take your point but it just pisses me off when some of these so called big clubs spend £500m to a £billion and think they are the best coaches on the planet.

TBH how the hell are we supposed to compete on a level playing field with these clubs?

They can waste £100/200 mil plus on players and still not play them and sell them on for less than half and just go on to the next top player.

That's not good coaching its just taking the piss

Sorry, it was just one line in your original post I didn't agree with, I think you're spot on with the rest. City spending £200m or whatever it was on their defence this summer (after spending £30m on Otamendi, £40m on Mangala, £20m on Claudio Bravo) was a bit of a breaking point for me.

I read something before about how Guardiola wasn't just a chequebook manager because I've improved Sterling, de Bruyne and Delph. He probably has made a difference through coaching, but I'm sure both of these little-known young players would have done OK without him...
[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 22:23]
Lukaku on 22:16 - Dec 10 with 1917 viewsskettyparkherbert

Lukaku on 22:09 - Dec 10 by Darran

Great shout.

I'm not on my own then?

Let them have their European super league, the premier league would be much more competitive.
Lukaku on 22:17 - Dec 10 with 1910 viewsDr_Winston

The biggest spending clubs are usually the biggest clubs. No real mystery there. We probably wouldn't be able to compete with them even if spending restrictions were brought in.

It's pointless trying to play their game. We can't keep wanting to spend tens of millions every window. We simply can't afford it. We have to be smart in the market, build a team patiently with value for money acquisitions and keep to a style of play that works for us. All of which we used to do quite successfully until Huw's ego got in the way.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Lukaku on 22:33 - Dec 10 with 1873 viewsskettyparkherbert

Lukaku on 22:17 - Dec 10 by Dr_Winston

The biggest spending clubs are usually the biggest clubs. No real mystery there. We probably wouldn't be able to compete with them even if spending restrictions were brought in.

It's pointless trying to play their game. We can't keep wanting to spend tens of millions every window. We simply can't afford it. We have to be smart in the market, build a team patiently with value for money acquisitions and keep to a style of play that works for us. All of which we used to do quite successfully until Huw's ego got in the way.

I take your point but are the top 6 really the biggest English clubs?

Take Man City, Chelsea they have been bought out by super rich owners, they didn't play their way to where they are today. I would argue that Leeds, Forrest and Villa were bigger clubs than them before the money men moved in?

Thats my point exactly, Everton now have a wealthy owner who has thrown in a load of cash but it has not worked as yet.

Newcastle is up for sale so what if a super rich Chinese owner went in there and spent Billions and they bought the title etc would they then become a big club?

I agree we have to be smarter in the transfer market and get HJ away from that role as he's had a fuking mare. He has believed his own bullshit and cost us dearly especially taking us away from our style of play.

Never mind i'm going to watch the big boys or should i say rich boys now on MOTD
Lukaku on 22:40 - Dec 10 with 1855 viewsDarran

Lukaku on 22:33 - Dec 10 by skettyparkherbert

I take your point but are the top 6 really the biggest English clubs?

Take Man City, Chelsea they have been bought out by super rich owners, they didn't play their way to where they are today. I would argue that Leeds, Forrest and Villa were bigger clubs than them before the money men moved in?

Thats my point exactly, Everton now have a wealthy owner who has thrown in a load of cash but it has not worked as yet.

Newcastle is up for sale so what if a super rich Chinese owner went in there and spent Billions and they bought the title etc would they then become a big club?

I agree we have to be smarter in the transfer market and get HJ away from that role as he's had a fuking mare. He has believed his own bullshit and cost us dearly especially taking us away from our style of play.

Never mind i'm going to watch the big boys or should i say rich boys now on MOTD

Well people can argue about it all day long but Chelsea and Man City would be nothing without their backers.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Lukaku on 23:36 - Dec 10 with 1785 viewsLeonWasGod

Man City
Man Utd
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs

Course they're not worth the money. Siggy's value is over a third of our turnover. Madness. But he *is* worth 3 Clucases. The problem there being that Clucas is worth nowhere near £16m either.

It's nuts. We keep saying it will implode, but there's no sign of that as long as people are prepared to pay £20 a month for BT Sport on top of a £80-100 a month Sky package. And all the foreign broadcasters buy into it too.

It's obscene really when you think about it.
Lukaku on 02:10 - Dec 11 with 1687 viewsHumpty

Lukaku on 22:17 - Dec 10 by Dr_Winston

Exactly.

And we've beaten them all, apart from Spurs.

A few years ago there was something a bit special about us. Now, meh. Small Premier League club that will go down soon.
Lukaku on 06:38 - Dec 11 with 1611 viewsSTID2017

Man City
Man Utd
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs

Agree with most of what you say, but at the time and after, Tosh and co certainly had plenty of praise heaped upon them.
Lots have argued that going Superleague and spending too much money was our downfall 34 years ago

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Lukaku on 07:23 - Dec 11 with 1551 viewsjack247

Lukaku on 22:16 - Dec 10 by skettyparkherbert

Great shout.

I'm not on my own then?

Let them have their European super league, the premier league would be much more competitive.

It would be competitive, but it wouldn’t be good for the clubs involved. Like it or not, the vast majority of global TV fans want to watch Man United, Barcelona etc. take them all out of their respective domestic leagues and you’d take the tv money out of it too. Sky aren’t going to pay billions of pounds for a league in which Everton v Southampton could be a title decider, nor are any of the global broadcasters the PL sell too.

We’d be screwed, as would clubs all over Europe.
Lukaku on 07:34 - Dec 11 with 1533 viewsDr_Winston

Lukaku on 07:23 - Dec 11 by jack247

It would be competitive, but it wouldn’t be good for the clubs involved. Like it or not, the vast majority of global TV fans want to watch Man United, Barcelona etc. take them all out of their respective domestic leagues and you’d take the tv money out of it too. Sky aren’t going to pay billions of pounds for a league in which Everton v Southampton could be a title decider, nor are any of the global broadcasters the PL sell too.

We’d be screwed, as would clubs all over Europe.

Plus all the best players would gravitate to the European Super League. We'd be back in the situation where the leading clubs in the top flight have the likes of Neil Webb or Steve Hodge as their star midfielders.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024