Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Political statements in football 23:06 - Dec 10 with 3502 viewsDarran

Does anyone think that Pep should be wearing a yellow ribbon for the Catalan politicians who were jailed?

I don’t give a fuçk but if he was wearing a support a free Palestine ribbon or a ribbon for a political party in the lead up to a general election there’d probably be hell to play.

I honestly don’t give a toss just wondering.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Political statements in football on 00:44 - Dec 11 with 3430 viewsHumpty

Keep politics out of football. No need for it.

People may think it's ok if the politics being espoused are the same as they hold, but imagine managers, players, etc. displaying political badges supporting a group or view you find abhorrent.

Just keep it out altogether. No problems then.
Political statements in football on 00:48 - Dec 11 with 3424 viewsHumpty

Just read a few more posts.

Someone's upset about Utd losing I think.
Political statements in football on 06:33 - Dec 11 with 3361 viewsSTID2017

People make political statements all the time.
Watched Live At The Apollo, where a comedian of Indian decent (his words) used his time to make a statement about "gentryfying" of Sheperds Bush and finished with a comment on Grenfell Towers.
I totally feel managers, players, should be allowed to express their views in a controlled and dignified manner, as Pep has.
He has much more class than Jose will ever have

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Political statements in football on 08:03 - Dec 12 with 3174 viewsexiledclaseboy

Nothing wrong with making political statements in my opinion. Just as long as you don’t moan if and when someone else makes a political statement that you don’t agree with.

Poll: Tory leader

Political statements in football on 22:17 - Feb 25 with 2858 viewsDarran

I’m ahead of my time.

Political statements in football on 22:26 - Feb 25 with 2823 viewslonglostjack

Political statements in football on 06:33 - Dec 11 by STID2017

People make political statements all the time.
Watched Live At The Apollo, where a comedian of Indian decent (his words) used his time to make a statement about "gentryfying" of Sheperds Bush and finished with a comment on Grenfell Towers.
I totally feel managers, players, should be allowed to express their views in a controlled and dignified manner, as Pep has.
He has much more class than Jose will ever have

Saw that in the tunnel after the Wigan game.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Political statements in football on 22:47 - Feb 25 with 2784 viewsmonmouth

A bit late to the party, but absolutely. I think he should tie it around the old oak tree.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Political statements in football on 22:54 - Feb 25 with 2767 viewsBobby_Fischer

He should be allowed ti wear and represent what he wants, isn't there a Man U supporters bus that runs from Port Talbot, rife with Liverpool fans as well, a few on here.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Login to get fewer ads

Political statements in football on 23:11 - Feb 25 with 2738 viewsDarran

I currently see it like this.

The rules state he shouldn’t be doing it.
The punishment is a fine and a possible touch line ban.
If the rules changed to the club loses points he wouldn’t continue to do it.

I have nothing against him doing it but to be bigger than the rules because your club has billions isn’t good for the game of football.

Political statements in football on 23:24 - Feb 25 with 2718 viewsmonmouth

Political statements in football on 23:11 - Feb 25 by Darran

I currently see it like this.

The rules state he shouldn’t be doing it.
The punishment is a fine and a possible touch line ban.
If the rules changed to the club loses points he wouldn’t continue to do it.

I have nothing against him doing it but to be bigger than the rules because your club has billions isn’t good for the game of football.

Oh I like this. let's see how strong his 'convictions' are. One point every ten minutes should do the trick.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Political statements in football on 23:31 - Feb 25 with 2703 viewsDarran

Political statements in football on 23:24 - Feb 25 by monmouth

Oh I like this. let's see how strong his 'convictions' are. One point every ten minutes should do the trick.

It’s the rules innit?

It’s the pathetic rule that allows him to get away with it. It’s exactly the same as when Fergie wouldn’t speak to the BBC.

Political statements in football on 00:02 - Feb 26 with 2673 viewsjasper_T

When he's a paid ambassador for Qatar etc. making political statements is too close to advertising for the PL's comfort.
Political statements in football on 13:48 - Feb 26 with 2497 viewsTaliesin

Of course politics should be kept out of football.

The wearing of yellow ribbons, poppies, etc should lead to a ban.
Political statements in football on 13:57 - Feb 26 with 2489 viewsNeath_Jack

Political statements in football on 13:48 - Feb 26 by Taliesin

Of course politics should be kept out of football.

The wearing of yellow ribbons, poppies, etc should lead to a ban.

"The wearing of yellow ribbons, poppies, etc should lead to a ban".

You've mentioned the P word there. That should raise the activity levels now...

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Political statements in football on 02:14 - Feb 27 with 2331 viewsphact0rri

politics and sport have gone hand in hand since there's been competitive entertainment... I don't see a problem with it, unless its distracting from the actual competition.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Political statements in football on 08:58 - Feb 27 with 2260 viewswaynekerr55

It's an interesting one. Isn't he a patron for the Qatar world cup? Their human rights record isn't exactly something you'd want to be associated with, is it?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Political statements in football on 19:02 - Feb 27 with 2161 viewsparkside

Political statements in football on 08:58 - Feb 27 by waynekerr55

It's an interesting one. Isn't he a patron for the Qatar world cup? Their human rights record isn't exactly something you'd want to be associated with, is it?

That's PSG
Political statements in football on 19:22 - Feb 27 with 2139 viewstrampie

Plaid Cymru are backing Guardiola and the Catalans, one assumes the unionist parties will be backing the imperialists.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Political statements in football on 19:36 - Feb 27 with 2124 viewsGaryjack

Whatever your views, i think it's massively hypocritical of the FA to charge him in the first place seeing as they were fined in 2016 when the England national side wore poppies on their shirts for a friendly against Scotland, and were prepared to accept a further ban a year later before FIFA relented.
Political statements in football on 12:35 - Feb 28 with 2022 viewsHighjack

American football has been completely overtaken by a SJW nonsense agenda and the fans have voted with their feet. There's more interest and analysis in what people are going to do during the national anthem than what they do on the field.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Political statements in football on 12:37 - Feb 28 with 2021 viewsWarwickHunt

Political statements in football on 19:22 - Feb 27 by trampie

Plaid Cymru are backing Guardiola and the Catalans, one assumes the unionist parties will be backing the imperialists.

I'm sure they'll be thrilled to bits.
Political statements in football on 12:56 - Feb 28 with 2005 viewsDewi1jack

Political statements in football on 19:36 - Feb 27 by Garyjack

Whatever your views, i think it's massively hypocritical of the FA to charge him in the first place seeing as they were fined in 2016 when the England national side wore poppies on their shirts for a friendly against Scotland, and were prepared to accept a further ban a year later before FIFA relented.

This.

I have to be honest and say I thought it was one of the Cancer charity ribbons when I first saw it

Don't see how the FA can whinge about it.
They fought hard and rightly IMHO for the Poppy on the shirts
Booking a goal scorer for taking his shirt off was due (I think) to someone like Fowler taking his shirt off to show a slogan for the dockers?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Political statements in football on 10:32 - Mar 1 with 1939 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The caution for taking your shirt off had nothing to do with the dockers or Fowler. It was simply brought in by FIFA because in some cultures the showing of a bare torso is considered offensive.

Some players then tried to get around that by taking their shirt of and having a t shirt underneath with some witty or political slogan underneath and FIFA banned that as well.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Political statements in football on 11:01 - Mar 1 with 1932 viewsLoyal

The attention brought to the cause is worth the fine a hundred times over to any sympahiser. I mean clubs get fined for wearing a poppy now .....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024