Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback 11:59 - Dec 11 with 10058 viewsunion_jack

I have already posted briefly about this on the 'Jenkins Petition' thread but I'd like to encourage others to be aware of what the group' s fundamental aims are and hopefully get more people involved.

Four of us attended at The Landore Club before the WBA game just to get a feel for what we should be doing. It was clear from the start that there is a need for a group and that the attendees (Vetchfielder, ATFV, myself and Phil) were all enthusiastic to see it happen.

We agreed early on that this should group should not be seen as a discrete group going off on its own without involving other similar minded groups. This of course meant The Trust in the main but also amongst others The Union. This will give us a collective strength and will not work if there is in-fighting. I have read on the aforementioned thread today that The Union's aim of ousting 'the regime' regardless of our league position is in complete harmony with ours. And that is the first and most fundamental raison d'être of the ISG (I'll call it that for now but touch on it later).

The Trust are undoubtedly hamstrung in what they can say publically. Whether we agree with that or not is a matter of debate but if we take that as a given then it gives the ISG the opportunity to go public and voice fans' opinions legitimately. For that to be successful we will need to use every available communication source available to us. Nigel is committed to using ATFV as one vessel and there are other similar publications but we also need to get the press and media to listen.

With regards to the latter, there is very much a 'hunting with the foxes, running with the hares' approach from the local press / media which means the real problems at SCFC are not being aired publically. We talked about how many in the ground on Saturday are aware of the goings on both past and present. If I took a punt at 40% of the crowd, that may be optimistic I reckon. Only by making people aware can we open their eyes and in turn create a mass large enough to make the present sell-out members of the board so uncomfortable they will contemplate their own futures. The message must come out loud and clear and to be more successful we mustn't restrict ourselves to local media. We need to get out to a wider audience via national TV and newspapers who have no axe to grind.

For this to happen the ISG will need to be respected and have gravitas. That can only be achieved with a well known respected head of the group and that will be Phil Sumbler. Phil has an unrivalled working knowledge of The Trust, the club itself and connections with the media.

Now, the name of the group is something we need to get sorted asap because then we can get a website up and running and do whatever we need to do with social media.

I am sure Phil will give free, lifetime membership to Planet Swans (unless you are banned or the site ceases to exist, T&Cs apply) for anyone coming up with a catchy title that isn't coarse or uncouth!!! My creative juices have run dry.

I know there were others planning to come on the day but for a number of reasons were unable to attend. However, if anyone is enthusiastic enough to want to attend and get involved just pm Phil and he'll put you on the email list. Alternatively, put your suggestions, ideas or views on here so we can all discuss.

Just to conclude, although the primary aim is to cleanse the club of its core problems, it will have a number of other objectives as time goes on. These could include ticket pricing, disabled parking, Vice Presidents seating and / or any other issues that fans may see as ruining their match day experience.

I hope we all get behind it.

Tim

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 09:11 - Dec 12 with 2112 viewsNeath_Jack

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 09:03 - Dec 12 by MattG

Well if you will shoehorn yourself into a leadership role....!

Oh look out, the failed Trust mob are making funnies...!

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 10:15 - Dec 12 with 2033 viewsMattG

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 09:11 - Dec 12 by Neath_Jack

Oh look out, the failed Trust mob are making funnies...!

Apologies. My sackcloth is in the wash and I'm all out of ashes.
Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 11:43 - Dec 12 with 1967 viewsjack247

Initiatives like this should be encouraged, not derided. Especially if they give ordinary supporters a voice while the trust is somewhat gagged. If there’s a demand for it, it will get off the ground. If not, it will fizzle out. Personally, I think as long as they maintain a healthy relationship wth the trust, but aren’t afraid to disagree with them (publicly), then I think there’s a place for it.

Until we find out if the trust improves with ECB, Lisa etc. why not see how this plays out and keep any criticism constructive. Respect to anyone who gives up their time to get involved with this, as well as those who recently put themselves forward for the trust.

My constructive criticism, is pretty much agreeing with E20. I’d see the share sale (and its long term implications) as a more pressing concern than Huw Jenkins.
Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 12:56 - Dec 12 with 1909 viewsE20Jack

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 09:00 - Dec 12 by Phil_S

Talk about passing the buck 😂

Phil, can you answer my question on the previous page please? It is important that we know the motivation behind signing this deal seeing as it seems upper most in many peoples eyes (as it should be of course).

Lets say the Americans never attempted to re-negotiate, you would still then presumably be all for this deal. Yes?

So, can you explain the thinking behind that please? I have always assumed it was to continue a working relationship in the club, but doesn't the conceding of drag rights drastically nullify that aim?

I think most agree the Americans are short terms owners, so is the thinking really advocating conceding legal action, taking a bad financial deal and lowering its stake in the club all just to remain a powerless silent 'partner' for whatever length of time lapses before they sell?

From the outside, we have seen that certain Trust board members are clinging on to their seats for dear life, this certainly seems like a "I am retired and want to stay working with a PL club" decision rather than someone wanting what is best for the club itself. What are the benefits of this deal?
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 13:07]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 13:02 - Dec 12 with 1897 viewsmonmouth

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 20:40 - Dec 11 by Garyjack

I've sent two mails Phil but they only go to two people, Matt and someone else who he spelt their address wrong!

Yes, the other one was me. And now they are talking about some other god forsaken technology that is beyond my payg 1G phone. It's a conspiracy Gaz I tell you - that Matt is a bad 'un.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 18:18 - Dec 12 with 1788 viewscrix

how about

Supporters Coalition For Change
or
Swansea Coalition For Change

SCFC
Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 18:21 - Dec 12 with 1780 viewsunion_jack

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 18:18 - Dec 12 by crix

how about

or

SCFC

I like the first one.

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 19:15 - Dec 12 with 1728 viewscrix

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 18:21 - Dec 12 by union_jack

I like the first one.

I agree it does sound better
Login to get fewer ads

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 19:17 - Dec 12 with 1723 viewsGaryjack

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 13:02 - Dec 12 by monmouth

Yes, the other one was me. And now they are talking about some other god forsaken technology that is beyond my payg 1G phone. It's a conspiracy Gaz I tell you - that Matt is a bad 'un.

It was you! i thought it was my brother in law, who's married to my sister Kim!
Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 19:33 - Dec 12 with 1698 viewsmonmouth

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 19:17 - Dec 12 by Garyjack

It was you! i thought it was my brother in law, who's married to my sister Kim!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 22:03 - Dec 12 with 1629 viewsNicetoMichu

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 18:18 - Dec 12 by crix

how about

or

SCFC

Supporters Coalition For Change sounds good
Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 11:38 - Dec 13 with 1517 viewsunion_jack

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 22:03 - Dec 12 by NicetoMichu

Supporters Coalition For Change sounds good

It seems the ISG has settled on an official name. Ladies and gents, I give you the Swansea City Suppoerters' Alliance. We also have a logo which hopefully Mike will post on here in due course.

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 13:15 - Dec 13 with 1453 viewsBobby_Fischer

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 11:38 - Dec 13 by union_jack

It seems the ISG has settled on an official name. Ladies and gents, I give you the Swansea City Suppoerters' Alliance. We also have a logo which hopefully Mike will post on here in due course.

I think the South Cotswold Soaring Association might take an issue with that!

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 13:18 - Dec 13 with 1449 viewsunion_jack

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 13:15 - Dec 13 by Bobby_Fischer

I think the South Cotswold Soaring Association might take an issue with that!

Ah, but they wont be .wales which may be our domain.

I like the name personally.

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 13:19 - Dec 13 with 1444 viewsBobby_Fischer

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 13:18 - Dec 13 by union_jack

Ah, but they wont be .wales which may be our domain.

I like the name personally.

Only joking, I think it sounds good.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 13:30 - Dec 13 with 1436 viewsunion_jack

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 13:19 - Dec 13 by Bobby_Fischer

Only joking, I think it sounds good.

Yes I know and I agree.

Independent Supporters' Group - Saturday's Meeting Feedback on 17:07 - Dec 13 with 1346 viewstrampie

The proposed leader of the group was the leader of the trust when many thought the trust was/had failing/failed. ?......hmm

I'm waiting to be convinced on that score, is there talk of other ex trust officials getting involved as well ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024