Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More AMs anyone? 13:44 - Dec 12 with 3394 viewsPrivate_Partz

Who is the ' expert' Laura Mcallister who thinks we should have 50 % more AMs in. Cardiff Bay at a cost of £10m per annum?
This is a scandal when we also have 22 Local Authorities sitting below them. All this for a population of just 3m.
Less LAs and an Assembley that actually gave a toss about the rest of Wales and I might say the have an argument. Apparently some AMs have to sit on 3 committees at the moment .....awwwww.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

More AMs anyone? on 15:33 - Dec 12 with 2431 viewsLohengrin

She's a very accomplished academic, mate, and a very nice lady too if you were to meet her.

But (and there always is) life in the Cardiff Bay echo chamber bears little relation to the world as perceived by those of us who make a living outside of it.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

N/A. on 16:42 - Dec 12 with 2387 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 5:24]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

More AMs anyone? on 17:12 - Dec 12 with 2367 viewsJack59

As far as population or electorate is concerned, It would be the equivalent of the UK government in Westminster having 1900 MP's, instead of the 650 that they have now.

The Welsh electorate are far more gullible than the English who would never put up with any of this. I think that waving the flag, pumping extra resources into the Welsh language and creating a more nationalistic approach to everything helps the assembly get away with murder.

I should also say there's also an easy ride given by the Welsh media who are all in bed with the assembly, after all they do frequent the same restaurants and wine bar's in Cardiff. Very few of them really give a toss about the Welsh people. It makes me sick.
More AMs anyone? on 17:54 - Dec 12 with 2340 viewsKilkennyjack

N/A. on 16:42 - Dec 12 by Huw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 5:24]

Well its not the Welsh Govt that has spend billions on Trident, billions on illegal wars, and billions on a bonkers Brexit that will see far less money coming into Wales.

All led by a charmless, clueless, Prime minister who bribed the DUP to stay in power.
Plus the moronic David Davis, not to mention idiots Boris, Gove or that total hunt Hunt.

Yes the Welsh Government are definitely to blame.

Beware of the Risen People

More AMs anyone? on 17:57 - Dec 12 with 2336 viewsHighjack

More AMs anyone? on 17:54 - Dec 12 by Kilkennyjack

Well its not the Welsh Govt that has spend billions on Trident, billions on illegal wars, and billions on a bonkers Brexit that will see far less money coming into Wales.

All led by a charmless, clueless, Prime minister who bribed the DUP to stay in power.
Plus the moronic David Davis, not to mention idiots Boris, Gove or that total hunt Hunt.

None of those things are under the Welsh governments control. Things that are under their control, such as health, education and infrastructure are being done ridiculously shoddily. They are not benefiting Wales in the slightest. Their only priority is Cardiff.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

More AMs anyone? on 18:08 - Dec 12 with 2331 viewsScotia

More AMs anyone? on 17:54 - Dec 12 by Kilkennyjack

It's not Welsh government who are in control of that little lot.

But 50% more AM's is 50% more politicians who weren't considered good enough to stand for election to Westminster by their parties. Imagine the clowns in Cardiff bay had that kind of power?
More AMs anyone? on 18:18 - Dec 12 with 2322 viewsmajorraglan

My take is we have sufficient AM’s already and that we dont need any more. The extra money can be spent elsewhere. I also think that we have too many local authorities, once upon a time we had around a third of what we now have and we need to start heading back in that direction.
More AMs anyone? on 19:59 - Dec 12 with 2277 viewsKilkennyjack

More AMs anyone? on 17:57 - Dec 12 by Highjack

None of those things are under the Welsh governments control. Things that are under their control, such as health, education and infrastructure are being done ridiculously shoddily. They are not benefiting Wales in the slightest. Their only priority is Cardiff.

I know.

Thats the point.

Attacking the Welsh Government is to focus on the wrong thing.
If billions and billions and billions were not wasted on any number of disastrous vanity projects by the Tory scum, then there would be money for modernising our critical public services in Wales.

Focusing on welsh government is like trying to stop a small tap leak when the storm has blown the roof clean off your house. Pointless.

Login to get fewer ads

More AMs anyone? on 20:07 - Dec 12 with 2268 viewsScotia

More AMs anyone? on 19:59 - Dec 12 by Kilkennyjack

I know.

Thats the point.

If billions and billions and billions were not wasted on any number of disastrous vanity projects by the Tory scum, then there would be money for modernising our critical public services in Wales.

Focusing on welsh government is like trying to stop a small tap leak when the storm has blown the roof clean off your house. Pointless.

That's of course is Westminster passed that money on.

They almost certainly wouldn't and the pointless Welsh government are in no position to do anything about it.
More AMs anyone? on 21:00 - Dec 12 with 2241 viewstrampie

More AMs anyone? on 15:33 - Dec 12 by Lohengrin

She's a very accomplished academic, mate, and a very nice lady too if you were to meet her.

But (and there always is) life in the Cardiff Bay echo chamber bears little relation to the world as perceived by those of us who make a living outside of it.

Stood twice as a parliamentary candidate for Plaid Cymru and 24 caps for Wales football team.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

More AMs anyone? on 21:01 - Dec 12 with 2235 viewsJack59

More AMs anyone? on 19:59 - Dec 12 by Kilkennyjack

I know.

Thats the point.

I can remember first getting annoyed with the Welsh assembly many years ago, when I found out that a £115 million a per year subsidy was being given to the welsh language channel S4C.
That ridiculously high figure, which at the time was enough to give every home in Wales the basic Sky subscription package, has now been cut back a lot in recent years. But there is evidence to suggest that the assembly's total investment in the Welsh language approaches £800 million a year.
That would be enough money for thousands of extra doctors, nurses, and police officers.

I'm not anti Welsh language, but lets be sensible, with the billions that's been thrown at it, it still declines in useage. LIVES COULD, AND SHOULD BE SAVED WITH THIS MONEY.

BLOODY LABOUR SCUM
More AMs anyone? on 21:08 - Dec 12 with 2225 viewsKilkennyjack

More AMs anyone? on 20:07 - Dec 12 by Scotia

That's of course is Westminster passed that money on.

They almost certainly wouldn't and the pointless Welsh government are in no position to do anything about it.

So, just so i understand the logic....

Uk govt does not pass on appropriate monies to welsh govt, so you attack the welsh govt for having no teeth (the welsh govt was set up this way deliberately by Westminster by the way...).

On the other hand, you could simply call out the UK govt and ensure that they pass on appropriate funds to the devolved administrations.

Take ur choice.
Cross Rail, East Coast, Heathrow expansion all happening, but no money for rail electrification to Swansea. See the pattern yet ?

Now lets talk tax evasion and tax avoidance ... drain the London swamp ... ?

More AMs anyone? on 21:20 - Dec 12 with 2208 viewsKilkennyjack

More AMs anyone? on 21:01 - Dec 12 by Jack59

I can remember first getting annoyed with the Welsh assembly many years ago, when I found out that a £115 million a per year subsidy was being given to the welsh language channel S4C.
That ridiculously high figure, which at the time was enough to give every home in Wales the basic Sky subscription package, has now been cut back a lot in recent years. But there is evidence to suggest that the assembly's total investment in the Welsh language approaches £800 million a year.
That would be enough money for thousands of extra doctors, nurses, and police officers.

I'm not anti Welsh language, but lets be sensible, with the billions that's been thrown at it, it still declines in useage. LIVES COULD, AND SHOULD BE SAVED WITH THIS MONEY.

BLOODY LABOUR SCUM

You are anti welsh language.

The divorce bill alone for Brexit is £35 billion to £39 billion.
Plus all the economic damage associated.

Maybe you could worry about that rather than S4c.

Imagine the thousands of doctors, nurses and police you could employ for that. And free sky for all of course. Even sky q and multi-room.

See the big spend areas are not related to wales, try Trident at £160 billion. Nurses and doctors and police. Sorted.

More AMs anyone? on 21:34 - Dec 12 with 2194 viewsJack59

More AMs anyone? on 21:20 - Dec 12 by Kilkennyjack

You are anti welsh language.

The divorce bill alone for Brexit is £35 billion to £39 billion.
Plus all the economic damage associated.

Maybe you could worry about that rather than S4c.

Imagine the thousands of doctors, nurses and police you could employ for that. And free sky for all of course. Even sky q and multi-room.

See the big spend areas are not related to wales, try Trident at £160 billion. Nurses and doctors and police. Sorted.

Brexit was a democratic decision, voted for in a referendum by the people of the UK.

I would be very happy for the total investment in the Welsh language to be made known, and then for us, the Welsh public to have a vote on whether it should continue or be spent elsewhere.

And stop muddying the waters with Brexit anyway for goodness sake.

Are you one of Comrade Corbyn's children going on about Trident? I can understand it from his point of view, it's always been his fantasy to go to Moscow and surrender as leader of this country. Pathetic
More AMs anyone? on 21:51 - Dec 12 with 2183 viewstrampie

More AMs anyone? on 21:34 - Dec 12 by Jack59

Brexit was a democratic decision, voted for in a referendum by the people of the UK.

I would be very happy for the total investment in the Welsh language to be made known, and then for us, the Welsh public to have a vote on whether it should continue or be spent elsewhere.

And stop muddying the waters with Brexit anyway for goodness sake.

Are you one of Comrade Corbyn's children going on about Trident? I can understand it from his point of view, it's always been his fantasy to go to Moscow and surrender as leader of this country. Pathetic

The last figures i seen for specific Welsh language projects was only 0.15% of the Welsh budget.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

More AMs anyone? on 22:00 - Dec 12 with 2173 viewsScotia

More AMs anyone? on 21:08 - Dec 12 by Kilkennyjack

Uk govt does not pass on appropriate monies to welsh govt, so you attack the welsh govt for having no teeth (the welsh govt was set up this way deliberately by Westminster by the way...).

On the other hand, you could simply call out the UK govt and ensure that they pass on appropriate funds to the devolved administrations.

Take ur choice.
Cross Rail, East Coast, Heathrow expansion all happening, but no money for rail electrification to Swansea. See the pattern yet ?

Of course that's why it was set up. Yet people voted for devolution and still think its a good idea.

I work for WG and I'm dumbfounded by some of the rubbish AM's think will make Wales a better place.
More AMs anyone? on 22:01 - Dec 12 with 2170 viewsJack59

More AMs anyone? on 21:51 - Dec 12 by trampie

The last figures i seen for specific Welsh language projects was only 0.15% of the Welsh budget.

Now this is where I would like to see a full cost/benefit analysis happening?
And please not by the University of Cardiff.
More AMs anyone? on 22:13 - Dec 12 with 2141 viewsKilkennyjack

More AMs anyone? on 22:00 - Dec 12 by Scotia

Of course that's why it was set up. Yet people voted for devolution and still think its a good idea.

I work for WG and I'm dumbfounded by some of the rubbish AM's think will make Wales a better place.

But Westminster is far far worse.

Money wasted left, right and centre.

Universal credit anyone ?
Just £15 billion to roll out.

More AMs anyone? on 22:15 - Dec 12 with 2139 viewsKilkennyjack

More AMs anyone? on 22:01 - Dec 12 by Jack59

Sure.

Straight after Brexit has been impact assessed ....

More AMs anyone? on 22:39 - Dec 12 with 2103 viewsPrivate_Partz

More AMs anyone? on 21:08 - Dec 12 by Kilkennyjack

Take ur choice.

Your argument against the Tories is sound as a pound but surely you can do both? Criticise the Westminster for what it does with it's pot of money and at the same time criticise the Assembly for what they do with theirs.
My post is about the over governance in Wales predominately cause by the Assembley's failure to address the crazy Local Government system that sits below them.
I certainly don't think it is valid way forward to just take Westminster to task while our Assembley carries on it's self interest Cardiff Centric policies.
Let them both have it.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

More AMs anyone? on 06:59 - Dec 13 with 2048 viewsScotia

More AMs anyone? on 21:51 - Dec 12 by trampie

I wouldn't have thought that 0.15% would even cover Radio Cymru? I suppose that won't count though.

In fact I just carried out a very rough calculation, its about 0.8%. 13.7 million for 100,000 listeners.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2017 7:07]
More AMs anyone? on 09:55 - Dec 13 with 1988 viewsLeonWasGod

More AMs anyone? on 22:01 - Dec 12 by Jack59

Benefits of bilingualism are pretty widely acknowledged:

https://bilingualkidspot.com/2017/05/23/benefits-of-being-bilingual/
More AMs anyone? on 11:42 - Dec 13 with 1962 viewsKilkennyjack

More AMs anyone? on 09:55 - Dec 13 by LeonWasGod

Benefits of bilingualism are pretty widely acknowledged:

https://bilingualkidspot.com/2017/05/23/benefits-of-being-bilingual/

Funnily enough, worldwide then it is two languages that is ‘normal’.

How do they afford it all ? 🤡

More AMs anyone? on 14:12 - Dec 13 with 1923 viewsScotia

More AMs anyone? on 11:42 - Dec 13 by Kilkennyjack

Funnily enough, worldwide then it is two languages that is ‘normal’.

How do they afford it all ? 🤡

Their second language is probably useful to them so doesn't need financial support.

It's the social engineering of a language that costs.
More AMs anyone? on 15:09 - Dec 13 with 1905 viewssP7qupUf

More AMs anyone? on 14:12 - Dec 13 by Scotia

Their second language is probably useful to them so doesn't need financial support.

It's the social engineering of a language that costs.

Spot on. I am a fluent Welsh speaker and my children both went to Welsh medium schools. I'm not anti-Welsh by any stretch of the imagination but in a time of limited resources I find it difficult to accept the amount of money spent on the Welsh language when education, health and economic infrastructure are in need of significant investment.

With regard to other countries, it is likely that their second language is one of international significance such as English, Spanish, Mandarin, French etc. These are international business languages which is not the case with Welsh
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024