Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... 19:43 - Dec 12 with 2598 viewsbonymine

These players made our ‘ORIGINAL’ dream happen Ladies & Gentlemen all those years back after Harry Griffiths had passed away who I knew so well from the Heathcliffe Club ....they all ‘contributed’ in one way or another and I had the pleasure of watching them ALL represent OUR football Club at some time ;

John Toshack
Tommy Smith
Ian Callaghan
Alan Waddle
Phil Boersma
Colin Irwin
Max Thompson

Fantastic memories of those halcyon days .... never to be repeated ...

Until 2011 at Wembley when my son was captain of Swansea City U11 on the hallowed Wembley turf the day that we were promoted to the Premier League.

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Also appearing were ,,,,, ; .

Wyndham Evans
Dzemal Hadzuabdic
Danny Bartley
Wyndham Evans
Eddie May
Dave Burton
George Smith
Nigel Stevenson
Mickey Conway
Gary Moore
Alan Curtis
Robbie James

[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 20:25]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 19:56 - Dec 12 with 2546 viewsdickythorpe

We were a bloody good side in the 50's and 60's if only we could have won more away games we'd have been top flight easily before 1981
The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 19:57 - Dec 12 with 2546 viewssP7qupUf

Ray Kennedy is missing from that list.
The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 20:06 - Dec 12 with 2527 viewsbonymine

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 19:56 - Dec 12 by dickythorpe

We were a bloody good side in the 50's and 60's if only we could have won more away games we'd have been top flight easily before 1981

I only started watching in 1974 after Re Election tbh when I was 9 years old Rog ....great times mind we can never get those days back now proper football times & not manipulated by tv etc ....
I met Tosh with my family at the Holiday Inn at Slough before a game at Brentford back in 1977 I think I was mesmerised to spend an hour in the company of a football legend at the time talking about what I was doing at school etc ......😂😂

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 20:08 - Dec 12 with 2520 viewsbonymine

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 19:57 - Dec 12 by sP7qupUf

Ray Kennedy is missing from that list.

Quite right my apologies I knew I’d miss somebody out !!

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 20:12 - Dec 12 with 2505 viewsbuilthjack

I played with Alan Waddle many times for Rhayader Town. At the time you could sign for 2 clubs in different leagues. He was with Llanelli, then Port Talbot I think, at the time. But if they didn't have a game he would play for us with a few other Swansea based players.
Bloody good drinker too! Nice guy.
His Mrs was a nurse in Singleton if my memory serves me right.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 20:17 - Dec 12 with 2491 viewsbonymine

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 20:12 - Dec 12 by builthjack

I played with Alan Waddle many times for Rhayader Town. At the time you could sign for 2 clubs in different leagues. He was with Llanelli, then Port Talbot I think, at the time. But if they didn't have a game he would play for us with a few other Swansea based players.

Nice story Builth ... ‘Willie Waddle was a fine striker for us ....after all he ‘laid on more balls than Fiona Richmond ......’ 😂😂😂😂

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 20:19 - Dec 12 with 2485 viewsswanseajack4eva

Great times ... I remember seeing Tommy Smith and Ian Callaghan having a coffee in Mumbles before it was in the papers ... no social media then ... Tommy Smith asked me if I was going to rip the page out of my Welsh text book that I had them autograph!
The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 21:08 - Dec 12 with 2374 viewsunion_jack

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 20:08 - Dec 12 by bonymine

Quite right my apologies I knew I’d miss somebody out !!

You also missed out Dave Bruton

Take a closer look.

Pedantic? Me?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 21:13 - Dec 12 with 2360 viewsFireboy2

I am so much in admiration of you builthy as waddle waa one of my first swans heroes
The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 21:27 - Dec 12 with 2331 viewswhoflungdung

My missus made a suit for Toshack ,who had very long inside leg and also for Keegan,who had a short one.

I worked in Mold once and he and his missus,Jean were well know in the town . Cracking fella

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 21:30 - Dec 12 with 2312 viewsDarran

A few Briton Ferry boys played for Rhayader around that time too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 21:33 - Dec 12 with 2311 viewsbuilthjack

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 21:13 - Dec 12 by Fireboy2

I am so much in admiration of you builthy as waddle waa one of my first swans heroes

He used to drink like a fish after the game. We had a guy called Clive Kinsey from Crosshands coaching us who brought Alan up, together with some other guys . Also a few from Ammanford. Phil Fisher, Martin Goldsmith, Phil Bowen. Had some good times.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 21:33 - Dec 12 with 2308 viewsRobbie

Emlyn Hughes .
The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 21:35 - Dec 12 with 2303 viewsbuilthjack

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 21:30 - Dec 12 by Darran

Can you remember their names ?
There was big money in the old mid Wales league in those days, and players would travel from afar.

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 21:36 - Dec 12 with 2297 viewsskettyparkherbert

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 21:08 - Dec 12 by union_jack

You also missed out Dave Bruton

Take a closer look.

Pedantic? Me?

What about Les Chappel, Pat Lally, Jeremy Charles, Chris Marustik, Dai Drop
The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 21:43 - Dec 12 with 2279 viewsswanseajack4eva

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 21:13 - Dec 12 by Fireboy2

“One Alan Waddle, there’s only one Alan Waddle”

👍
The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 21:50 - Dec 12 with 2263 viewsbuilthjack

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 21:30 - Dec 12 by Darran

Martin Armstrong was one. Not sure is he from the ferry, but did play for them I think

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 22:55 - Dec 12 with 2173 viewsBloodyhills

Also Ante Rajkovic. I remember the media at the time lamenting that England didn't have a player like that to play sweeper.

Here's an interesting article about our time in the First Division when, I think, we could have won it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/the-last-time-swansea

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 01:59 - Dec 13 with 2069 viewsLoyal

My uncle mentioned this recently but reckons we had as many ex everton players.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 18:15 - Dec 13 with 1818 viewstaffpunk

Tosh is my favourite Cardiff player of all time, I even 'supported' Liverpool for about a month after they signed him. Oh to be 8 again, the banner on the Grange End used to read
'Jesus Saves But Tosh Gets The Rebound' . One of the few players/managers that was equally loved by both sets of fans.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2017 18:21]

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 18:18 - Dec 13 with 1815 viewsunion_jack

The ‘Toshack’ Liverpool Link ..... on 21:36 - Dec 12 by skettyparkherbert

What about Les Chappel, Pat Lally, Jeremy Charles, Chris Marustik, Dai Drop

My point was that he spelt his name wrong.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024