Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Democratic Republic of Congo 10:22 - Dec 13 with 1386 viewswhoflungdung

Yet another rich African country killing its own people through greed and corruption the likes of which we cannot imagine

I've posed the question many times

Were black native people " better off" under colonial power

It's hard to find many African countries that are better off after their independence

I'm not saying Colonialism was nothing except self serving but it's just staggering to see these countries so wasting their natural resources

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Democratic Republic of Congo on 11:04 - Dec 13 with 1367 viewsBobby_Fischer

I think the bigger question is, would they have been in a better position today had colonialism not happened?

There is the argument that missionaries would have improved education and setup schools etc. and the World Health Organisation would have brought in more advanced medical technologies, all in a more peaceful way.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Democratic Republic of Congo on 11:38 - Dec 13 with 1356 viewsKilkennyjack

A very silly original post.

Unimaginable ?
Do you mean like the genocide committed in Europe by the Nazi regime ?
Do you think colonial rule for Nazi Germany should be discussed ?

Nonsense.

Beware of the Risen People

Democratic Republic of Congo on 11:44 - Dec 13 with 1352 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

To say other country’s have no vestred interest in the DRC is way off the mark .

Russia been out there for a long time

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Democratic Republic of Congo on 12:19 - Dec 13 with 1325 viewsjackportis

Birth control and education would be advisable.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Democratic Republic of Congo on 12:32 - Dec 13 with 1317 viewswhoflungdung

Nothing silly at all about the African countries unable to run their countries .

The list is endless

One could say Colonialism United them . Ironically, tribalism seems prevalent more now.

Ask Zimbabweans how free they felt under Comrade Mugabe

Democratic Republic of Congo on 13:12 - Dec 13 with 1292 viewsBobby_Fischer

Democratic Republic of Congo on 12:32 - Dec 13 by whoflungdung

Nothing silly at all about the African countries unable to run their countries .

The list is endless

One could say Colonialism United them . Ironically, tribalism seems prevalent more now.

Ask Zimbabweans how free they felt under Comrade Mugabe

I'd argue that Mugabe's downturn was a product of colonialism, he was a teacher before turning freedom fighter against colonial rule - then held as a political prisoner, it all went downhill from there.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Democratic Republic of Congo on 13:46 - Dec 13 with 1269 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Democratic Republic of Congo on 13:12 - Dec 13 by Bobby_Fischer

I'd argue that Mugabe's downturn was a product of colonialism, he was a teacher before turning freedom fighter against colonial rule - then held as a political prisoner, it all went downhill from there.

Stop it mun facts like that spoil things for some

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Democratic Republic of Congo on 13:52 - Dec 13 with 1265 viewswhoflungdung

Fair point tom, but downhill is key word.

Not sure colonialism led to the nepotism that most African countries now suffer from.I say countries but it's the people who suffer not the leaders and their cronies

Login to get fewer ads

Democratic Republic of Congo on 13:58 - Dec 13 with 1257 viewsSir_Robin

I suggest you read up on the atrocities committed by the Belgians in the Congo before making such ill-informed and, quite frankly, racist comments.
Democratic Republic of Congo on 14:03 - Dec 13 with 1251 viewsHighjack

In the instance of Congo, the Belgians disappeared almost overnight leaving a power vacuum that was contested by the most ruthless people imaginable. And they've been knocking the shyt out of each other ever since.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Democratic Republic of Congo on 14:08 - Dec 13 with 1246 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Too many countries have population numbers they can not sustain. As someone else said, birth control and education is the most pressing issue these countries should be tackling.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Democratic Republic of Congo on 15:39 - Dec 13 with 1200 viewswhoflungdung

I'm very familiar with the Congo as I've extended family who were missionaries when it kicked off .

Simple facts

Belgians Leopold a great mass murderer ..

What followed was a blood bath

Not racism post ,simply a statement of fact. African countries are almost all basket cases

Name three

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024