Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Throw in's 22:27 - Dec 13 with 2259 viewsSwansea93

Why are we so slooooow at taking a throw in? It's something I've noticed the last couple of games.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Throw in's on 22:30 - Dec 13 with 2243 viewsjack2jack

Been going on for a while mate,can't fathom a reason for it!
Throw in's on 22:32 - Dec 13 with 2225 viewsSwanLuke

Lack of movement. We are so structured that we cannot get out of shape therefore no creativity. I feel for our full backs on times,what options have they got.
Throw in's on 22:33 - Dec 13 with 2216 viewsicecoldjack

Last couple of games ? it's because the players don't move inot space or take responsibility in taking it to feet in case they fook up. Bony will receive them but he's a top pro, a lot of our boys prefer to hide.
Throw in's on 22:34 - Dec 13 with 2211 viewsSwansea93

When I watch us none of the players want the ball, it's laughable.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Throw in's on 22:41 - Dec 13 with 2182 viewsLeonWasGod

Throw in's on 22:30 - Dec 13 by jack2jack

Been going on for a while mate,can't fathom a reason for it!

At least the last season and a half. Naughton the worse culprit, and the answer there is simple - he can't make decisions. But Tayls was the same. Olsson isn't much better. Nobody shows for the ball though, which has a lot to do with it. We've gone from wanting ball to feet nowing we can play our way out of a tight spot to just wanting long throws and flick-ons, like kids teams do.
Throw in's on 22:44 - Dec 13 with 2162 viewsjack2jack

Throw in's on 22:41 - Dec 13 by LeonWasGod

At least the last season and a half. Naughton the worse culprit, and the answer there is simple - he can't make decisions. But Tayls was the same. Olsson isn't much better. Nobody shows for the ball though, which has a lot to do with it. We've gone from wanting ball to feet nowing we can play our way out of a tight spot to just wanting long throws and flick-ons, like kids teams do.

It's probably the least of our problems if I'm honest,but these details need sorting!
Throw in's on 23:06 - Dec 13 with 2112 viewscmajack

Got to be the worse team in the league at throw ins. Nearly always ends up with the other team having the ball.
Throw in's on 23:30 - Dec 13 with 2052 viewsnantywatcher

Throw in's on 23:06 - Dec 13 by cmajack

Got to be the worse team in the league at throw ins. Nearly always ends up with the other team having the ball.

We've only got one player who is confident and skilful enough to find space and want to receive throw-ins in every game he plays - and our genius manager leaves him off the pitch until the last 15 minutes.
There is such a lack of confidence within the squad and the throw-ins highlight it. And the last people I would blame is the poor sods taking the throw-ins.
Login to get fewer ads

Throw in's on 06:41 - Dec 14 with 1962 viewsDr_Winston

Throw in's on 22:33 - Dec 13 by icecoldjack

Last couple of games ? it's because the players don't move inot space or take responsibility in taking it to feet in case they fook up. Bony will receive them but he's a top pro, a lot of our boys prefer to hide.

Exactly this.

Nobody moves at all. What is the thrower supposed to do? Just chuck it at random? It's just another glaring symptom of a team that just isn't being drilled or coached properly.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Throw in's on 07:47 - Dec 14 with 1929 viewskarnataka

Throw in's on 06:41 - Dec 14 by Dr_Winston

Exactly this.

Nobody moves at all. What is the thrower supposed to do? Just chuck it at random? It's just another glaring symptom of a team that just isn't being drilled or coached properly.

I think one of the problems is that it's always the fullbacks who take our throws rather than the player nearest to the ball so we wait until the fullback gets there and give the opposition all the time they need to mark all our static players. This must be an ingrained coaching instruction because I've seen Sanches taking several throws if he's been nearest the ball and as he's new he's clearly not used to that particular instruction. Any player knows how to take a throw in and taking it as quickly as possible in the opposition's half can catch them out on occasion rather that wait for the fullback to jog 30-40 yards to take it as all the opposition players also jog back 30-40 yards to close down the thrower's options.
Throw in's on 07:53 - Dec 14 with 1916 viewsDr_Winston

Throw in's on 07:47 - Dec 14 by karnataka

I think one of the problems is that it's always the fullbacks who take our throws rather than the player nearest to the ball so we wait until the fullback gets there and give the opposition all the time they need to mark all our static players. This must be an ingrained coaching instruction because I've seen Sanches taking several throws if he's been nearest the ball and as he's new he's clearly not used to that particular instruction. Any player knows how to take a throw in and taking it as quickly as possible in the opposition's half can catch them out on occasion rather that wait for the fullback to jog 30-40 yards to take it as all the opposition players also jog back 30-40 yards to close down the thrower's options.

All spontaneity, invention and daring has been choked out of the squad.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Throw in's on 09:01 - Dec 14 with 1856 viewsdcd14

When we get a throw the majority of our players hide.

Dyer last night even moved out of his way to not receive the ball by sandwiching himself between two of their players. Embarrassing.
Throw in's on 20:32 - Dec 14 with 1784 viewsYossarian

Throw in's on 22:41 - Dec 13 by LeonWasGod

Not showing for the ball and no movement has got everything to do with it...unless you don't mind them throwing it to the opposition. Mind you, if a white shirt receives it, they don't keep hold of it for very long.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Throw in's on 21:03 - Dec 14 with 1755 viewsPegojack

Throw in's on 07:47 - Dec 14 by karnataka

Spot on, David.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024