Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our squad simply isn't good enough 11:14 - Dec 14 with 5204 viewsswancity

To stay up I'm afraid to say

With the exception of Fabianski Fernandez ( he has start the next game ) Abraham Bony and possibly Mesa ( who did some good things last night but also always looks capable of giving a goal away as he did again ) none our players are good enough and most now look barely good enough to get into a decent championship side

The gulf in class last night was embarrassing and that's as one sided a game as you will see at this level as they strolled to victory, moving up through the gears at will with, alarmingly, little pressure being applied to the opposition player in possession in contrast to their incredible work ethic when not in possession

It's definitely time for a new manager to come in to freshen things up with four new players in January and there's still hope. It's a time for proven experience IMO. Look at the impact Roy Hodgson has made at Crystal Palace and Sam Allardyce at Everton.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 11:34 - Dec 14 with 2647 viewsjack247

We get these kind of posts all the time.

Is Brighton’s squad stronger? Is Huddersfields? Is West Broms? Is there much difference in squad quality between us, Bournemouth, Watford, Newcastle, Stoke, Palace, even Burnley in 6th?

We had a kicking in the transfer window and we didn’t replace Siggy. The squad is a lot stronger than Clement is making it look though and at the very least is comparable to 6-8 others.
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 11:34 - Dec 14 with 2647 viewsSwansea93

Agree, but I can't see them sacking Clement and having the capabilities of appointing someone decent.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 11:45 - Dec 14 with 2620 viewsLegend83

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 11:34 - Dec 14 by jack247

Is Brighton’s squad stronger? Is Huddersfields? Is West Broms? Is there much difference in squad quality between us, Bournemouth, Watford, Newcastle, Stoke, Palace, even Burnley in 6th?

We had a kicking in the transfer window and we didn’t replace Siggy. The squad is a lot stronger than Clement is making it look though and at the very least is comparable to 6-8 others.

I agree with this to some extent. But equally, someone on another thread posted a glaring list of players we have now and the players they were intended to replace and it is clear this squad has regressed over the last 3-4 years.

Player for player we should be competitive in our own "mini-league", but we are hamstrung by a manager / coach who bases everything he does on pragmatism, more concern for not losing than winning, and more concern for the opposition than his own team.

I strongly believe we need a manager who has a specific philosophy and wants to come in and rubber stamp it, saying bollocks to what other teams intend, this is how I want my team to play and this is how we are going to win.
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 11:51 - Dec 14 with 2611 viewsjack247

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 11:45 - Dec 14 by Legend83

I agree with this to some extent. But equally, someone on another thread posted a glaring list of players we have now and the players they were intended to replace and it is clear this squad has regressed over the last 3-4 years.

Player for player we should be competitive in our own "mini-league", but we are hamstrung by a manager / coach who bases everything he does on pragmatism, more concern for not losing than winning, and more concern for the opposition than his own team.

I strongly believe we need a manager who has a specific philosophy and wants to come in and rubber stamp it, saying bollocks to what other teams intend, this is how I want my team to play and this is how we are going to win.

I saw that and couldn’t really argue with it. It’s not even up for debate that we have regressed over the last few years.

I’m still not buying this group of players isn’t good enough to finish above 3 other teams though, particularly when two of them are essentially championship teams with a couple of clever additions.

Couldn’t agree more with your comments about the manager.
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 12:07 - Dec 14 with 2563 viewsjasper_T

Stoke, Watford and Burnley certainly have stronger squads than ours.
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 12:12 - Dec 14 with 2549 viewsjack247

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 12:07 - Dec 14 by jasper_T

Stoke, Watford and Burnley certainly have stronger squads than ours.

Fair enough, that leaves 6
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 12:22 - Dec 14 with 2526 viewsWarwickHunt

Agreed.

The fact that we've gone backwards is what piśses people off.
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 12:26 - Dec 14 with 2514 viewsjack247

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 12:22 - Dec 14 by WarwickHunt

Agreed.

And nobody can dispute that. We’re miles off the Rodgers and Laudrup teams. At the same time, it’s defeatist bollocks to think we can’t stay up this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 12:28 - Dec 14 with 2501 viewsDr_Winston

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 12:22 - Dec 14 by WarwickHunt

Agreed.

Any team with Bony and Abraham in it should at least be shooting more than we are. That fact alone damns Clement.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 12:42 - Dec 14 with 2466 viewsswancity

Yes definitely a difference in squad quality. Of our squad of what 40 professionals we have 4/5 who are really good enough to call themselves Premier League footballers. It was men against boys last night and as good as City are you must at least compete and make life difficult for them. We looked lost from the first whistle.

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 12:50 - Dec 14 with 2433 viewsjack247

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 12:42 - Dec 14 by swancity

Yes definitely a difference in squad quality. Of our squad of what 40 professionals we have 4/5 who are really good enough to call themselves Premier League footballers. It was men against boys last night and as good as City are you must at least compete and make life difficult for them. We looked lost from the first whistle.

The point I’m making is that if you think 4/5 of our squad are Premier league quality, how many do you think Brighton etc have?
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 12:54 - Dec 14 with 2423 viewsswancity

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 12:50 - Dec 14 by jack247

The point I’m making is that if you think 4/5 of our squad are Premier league quality, how many do you think Brighton etc have?

Not many more I suggest but I don't profess to know too much about them. They'll be in the bottom six as well so not sure why that's relevant. Just concentrate on our situation. It's fooking dire.

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 12:58 - Dec 14 with 2409 viewsFlashberryjack

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 11:51 - Dec 14 by jack247

I saw that and couldn’t really argue with it. It’s not even up for debate that we have regressed over the last few years.

I’m still not buying this group of players isn’t good enough to finish above 3 other teams though, particularly when two of them are essentially championship teams with a couple of clever additions.

Couldn’t agree more with your comments about the manager.

"I’m still not buying this group of players isn’t good enough to finish above 3 other teams though"

I think our results and our league table position would suggest otherwise.

I think you're going to be very disappointed come the end of the season, what I fear most, is not relegation into the Championships, it's what comes after that, because I've seen what happened to us the last time we were relegated from the top division.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 13:02 - Dec 14 with 2400 viewsjack247

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 12:54 - Dec 14 by swancity

Not many more I suggest but I don't profess to know too much about them. They'll be in the bottom six as well so not sure why that's relevant. Just concentrate on our situation. It's fooking dire.

Of course it’s relevant. You’re suggesting that we won’t be able to stay up because we don’t have enough ‘PL quality players’.The fact you don’t really know how many other teams have make it a spurious point.

Our situation is we have to finish above 3 other teams, the quality of their players (and unfortunately managers) is a massive factor in that.
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 13:09 - Dec 14 with 2374 viewsswancity

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 13:02 - Dec 14 by jack247

Of course it’s relevant. You’re suggesting that we won’t be able to stay up because we don’t have enough ‘PL quality players’.The fact you don’t really know how many other teams have make it a spurious point.

Our situation is we have to finish above 3 other teams, the quality of their players (and unfortunately managers) is a massive factor in that.

They have more than we do. All of them have better quality and better balance than we do.

That's what matters, plus of course on top of that our manager is holding us back as well. It's a combination of the two, surely you can see that.

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 13:13 - Dec 14 with 2351 viewsMrSwerve

I honestly think we've got a squad good enough to stay up. It's not great, but it's enough to be in the mix near the bottom of the table. It's painfully obvious (to me anyway) that Clem's negative tactics is holding us back.

We'd still be shite, but not as shite as we are at the moment.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 13:18 - Dec 14 with 2331 viewsgiantstoneater

Who would you bring in Pulis? I`m not sure he would take the job he would take one look at the squad and realise that there is a huge shortage of the physical players he likes to have in his teams and he would know that his record of never being relegated would be broken with us. Pulis would need at least two seasons to change the squad sufficiently for him to play the way he would want us and in those two years we would be fed up of as every team he goes to does.I dont think PC will be in the job for too long now but can you trust HJ and the Americans to pick the right man to take over? The squad that the new man would inherit is gutless with few exceptions we are far too nice. I`m not sure what i`d like to see first The Americans selling up or HJ and fellow sell outs getting the push but both would be most welcome.
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 13:23 - Dec 14 with 2307 viewswhoflungdung

Yes

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 13:39 - Dec 14 with 2253 viewsjack247

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 13:09 - Dec 14 by swancity

They have more than we do. All of them have better quality and better balance than we do.

That's what matters, plus of course on top of that our manager is holding us back as well. It's a combination of the two, surely you can see that.

You’ve gone from not knowing, to knowing they have better than us. If you could name 4/5 players of similar quality to the Swans players you mentioned at each of the other serious relegation contenders, you’d have a fair point, but the weakest of them simply don’t have a Fabianski, a Mesa, a Bony etc.

The points about squad balance and our manager holding us back I agree with completely. Having more ‘PL quality’ individuals is utter nonsense.
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 13:45 - Dec 14 with 2226 viewswhoflungdung

IT can be done

Everton were basket cases .

Alladyce does what he does . Players transformed

I'd suggest ours will be the day Clement leaves . We ll see immediate improvement if only in spirit as he killing them

This ,is where the owners and Jenkins should be getting pelters

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 13:51 - Dec 14 with 2199 viewsheadcleaner

It's blind optimism to suggest there are teams with worse squads than ours in this division. Have you guys seen the league table? We are where we deserve to be our only hope is to sack Clement and get in a manager who can get that extra % out of the squad - polish the proverbial turd.

If we don't significantly purchase quality next month and give a decent gaffa the chance to work on the team we will go down without a whimper. Sadly with our chairman in situ and the owners only caring about hospitality it doesn't look good. Soon we'll need a miracle. Does anyone thin k we look capable of stringing together 4 games unbeaten? I don't
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 14:02 - Dec 14 with 2160 viewsjack247

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 13:51 - Dec 14 by headcleaner

It's blind optimism to suggest there are teams with worse squads than ours in this division. Have you guys seen the league table? We are where we deserve to be our only hope is to sack Clement and get in a manager who can get that extra % out of the squad - polish the proverbial turd.

If we don't significantly purchase quality next month and give a decent gaffa the chance to work on the team we will go down without a whimper. Sadly with our chairman in situ and the owners only caring about hospitality it doesn't look good. Soon we'll need a miracle. Does anyone thin k we look capable of stringing together 4 games unbeaten? I don't

It’s more like blind pessimism to suggest teams in and around us have players as good as or better than Fab, Bony, Mesa, Tammy.

Yes we need to spend in January, our players are good enough but we’re overloaded in central midfield and woefully short of creativity. Yes, we need to bring a better manager in ASAP. A better manager would have this squad comfortably clear of the bottom three.
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 14:03 - Dec 14 with 2156 viewsHighjack

The problem is we are set up to stay solid and hit teams on the break, but we have absolutely zero pace in forward areas, very few midfielders willing to play the ball forwards and no players who will run the channels. Therefore counter attacks are usually so slow or non existent we give opposition time to get back and organised.

And don't get me started on f'ing throwins.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 14:27 - Dec 14 with 2110 viewscmajack

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 13:45 - Dec 14 by whoflungdung

IT can be done

Everton were basket cases .

Alladyce does what he does . Players transformed

I'd suggest ours will be the day Clement leaves . We ll see immediate improvement if only in spirit as he killing them

This ,is where the owners and Jenkins should be getting pelters

Very true. That's why i can't understand how Clement is getting off Scot free. It was only the fans turning on Bradley in the West ham game that finally sealed his fate. Yet every home game that we get beaten in ,(and that is most) there's no sign of any animosity towards him even though the football is absolute garbage.
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 14:51 - Dec 14 with 2067 viewsswancity

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 14:02 - Dec 14 by jack247

It’s more like blind pessimism to suggest teams in and around us have players as good as or better than Fab, Bony, Mesa, Tammy.

Yes we need to spend in January, our players are good enough but we’re overloaded in central midfield and woefully short of creativity. Yes, we need to bring a better manager in ASAP. A better manager would have this squad comfortably clear of the bottom three.

Simply, the balance and depth of our squad is nowhere near good enough.

I'm not planning to go through every squad of other Premier League Clubs just to prove a point to you but take a look at the league table. On balance and with just nine goals.scored we deserve to be last. We are useless at the moment. Crap. Four Premier League players out of 40 tells all you need to know.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024