Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our squad simply isn't good enough 11:14 - Dec 14 with 5206 viewsswancity

To stay up I'm afraid to say

With the exception of Fabianski Fernandez ( he has start the next game ) Abraham Bony and possibly Mesa ( who did some good things last night but also always looks capable of giving a goal away as he did again ) none our players are good enough and most now look barely good enough to get into a decent championship side

The gulf in class last night was embarrassing and that's as one sided a game as you will see at this level as they strolled to victory, moving up through the gears at will with, alarmingly, little pressure being applied to the opposition player in possession in contrast to their incredible work ethic when not in possession

It's definitely time for a new manager to come in to freshen things up with four new players in January and there's still hope. It's a time for proven experience IMO. Look at the impact Roy Hodgson has made at Crystal Palace and Sam Allardyce at Everton.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 14:58 - Dec 14 with 904 viewsvetchonian

https://www.11v11.com/matches/manchester-city-v-swansea-city-15-august-2011-2949

check out the team and bench line up for our first PL match back in 2011
Whilst we have lost Siggy/LLorente can we honestly say that was team filled with"players of Premier League quality"?
As individuals were they any "better" or skilled than our present squad?
OR is it they were a better TEAM better coached?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:00 - Dec 14 with 904 viewsicecoldjack

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 14:51 - Dec 14 by swancity

Simply, the balance and depth of our squad is nowhere near good enough.

I'm not planning to go through every squad of other Premier League Clubs just to prove a point to you but take a look at the league table. On balance and with just nine goals.scored we deserve to be last. We are useless at the moment. Crap. Four Premier League players out of 40 tells all you need to know.

The league table doesn't lie we are bottom for a reason and that reason is that we have a weak squad . Clement isn't helping matters either, i think most would agree with this .
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:06 - Dec 14 with 897 viewsjack247

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 14:51 - Dec 14 by swancity

Simply, the balance and depth of our squad is nowhere near good enough.

I'm not planning to go through every squad of other Premier League Clubs just to prove a point to you but take a look at the league table. On balance and with just nine goals.scored we deserve to be last. We are useless at the moment. Crap. Four Premier League players out of 40 tells all you need to know.

Which roughly translates as ‘Yeah, now I come to think about it, we may only have 4/5 ‘PL quality’ players, but actually the teams we are competing against (to stay up) don’t even have that’.

The other points you’ve raised re. squad balance, manager and us deserving to be where we are in the table I agree with and they are the problem.

We have too many central midfielders who can play a supporting role but won’t take control, very little creativity or pace and a manager who isn’t getting the best out of the players he does have. That’s why we’re deservedly bottom, not because West Brom, Brighton, Palace, Huddersfield etc have more quality players than we do.
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:17 - Dec 14 with 885 viewsMesaEsDios

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:06 - Dec 14 by jack247

Which roughly translates as ‘Yeah, now I come to think about it, we may only have 4/5 ‘PL quality’ players, but actually the teams we are competing against (to stay up) don’t even have that’.

The other points you’ve raised re. squad balance, manager and us deserving to be where we are in the table I agree with and they are the problem.

We have too many central midfielders who can play a supporting role but won’t take control, very little creativity or pace and a manager who isn’t getting the best out of the players he does have. That’s why we’re deservedly bottom, not because West Brom, Brighton, Palace, Huddersfield etc have more quality players than we do.

I cannot agree at all. Mesa very obviously takes the control And very creative and ivery quick

You could see last night how he was getting very angry that '....squad is simply isn't good enough".
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:23 - Dec 14 with 878 viewsDrizzy

This thread highlights the absurdity of those that claim we have better squads than our rivals. We don't. Not that supposed individual quality matters much when teams around us, who have lesser known talents, all have their own identity.

It's impossible for us to name a coherent and quality XI because our squad is a mish-mash of varying philosophies with no balance. Looking at our most recent team...

Fab - quality
Naughton - not good enough, never has been good enough
Mawson - not good enough at the moment
VDH - surprisingly capable
Olsson - proven PL failure plucked from the Championship
Carroll - not good enough
Ki - quality
Mesa - quality but unproven
Abraham - unproven
Ayew - not good enough never made an impact in the PL
Bony - quality about two years ago with glimpses now but obvious rust

I fail to see how we have more individual talent than anyone around us. The core of the squad is good enough to survive comfortably in this league but that consists of about six players, the rest are below standard and we literally cannot name a decent side because there's such an imbalance. Our manager adopts a negative and cautious style without the style of players that can make it successful. It's predictably been a disaster and unless there's a huge influx of creativity and width in January, we're f*cked.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:25 - Dec 14 with 875 viewsjack247

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:17 - Dec 14 by MesaEsDios

I cannot agree at all. Mesa very obviously takes the control And very creative and ivery quick

You could see last night how he was getting very angry that '....squad is simply isn't good enough".

Mesa is the exception to that
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:27 - Dec 14 with 869 viewsPozuelosSideys

Having lots of quality in the squad is great. But the influence a manager has seems to be underrated by many people - for both good and bad. A different manager/coaching set-up would get soooo much more out of this squad.

We need square pegs in square holes with this squad and PC isnt doing that. We used to do it perfectly with players of possibly lesser quality a few years ago.

Now we are just badly run, badly coached and badly managed. We can blame the players, but the majority would look far better playing for a different coach.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:30 - Dec 14 with 865 viewsDrizzy

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:27 - Dec 14 by PozuelosSideys

Having lots of quality in the squad is great. But the influence a manager has seems to be underrated by many people - for both good and bad. A different manager/coaching set-up would get soooo much more out of this squad.

We need square pegs in square holes with this squad and PC isnt doing that. We used to do it perfectly with players of possibly lesser quality a few years ago.

Now we are just badly run, badly coached and badly managed. We can blame the players, but the majority would look far better playing for a different coach.

Genuine question - when have Naughton, Mawson, Olsson, Fer, Carroll, Abraham & Ayew ever looked good at PL level beyond a handful of games?

Login to get fewer ads

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:31 - Dec 14 with 864 viewsjack247

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:23 - Dec 14 by Drizzy

This thread highlights the absurdity of those that claim we have better squads than our rivals. We don't. Not that supposed individual quality matters much when teams around us, who have lesser known talents, all have their own identity.

It's impossible for us to name a coherent and quality XI because our squad is a mish-mash of varying philosophies with no balance. Looking at our most recent team...

Fab - quality
Naughton - not good enough, never has been good enough
Mawson - not good enough at the moment
VDH - surprisingly capable
Olsson - proven PL failure plucked from the Championship
Carroll - not good enough
Ki - quality
Mesa - quality but unproven
Abraham - unproven
Ayew - not good enough never made an impact in the PL
Bony - quality about two years ago with glimpses now but obvious rust

I fail to see how we have more individual talent than anyone around us. The core of the squad is good enough to survive comfortably in this league but that consists of about six players, the rest are below standard and we literally cannot name a decent side because there's such an imbalance. Our manager adopts a negative and cautious style without the style of players that can make it successful. It's predictably been a disaster and unless there's a huge influx of creativity and width in January, we're f*cked.

Yeah - now run a similar exercise on the other relegation candidates last starting elevens, do it as critically as you have done ours and see how many proven PL players they all have. Huddersfield and Brighton are screwed if you are dismissing players as ‘unproven’.

Your second paragraph is spot on, so is the second half of your final paragraph. The rest of it is just grass half empty musings
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:38 - Dec 14 with 858 viewsDrizzy

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:31 - Dec 14 by jack247

Yeah - now run a similar exercise on the other relegation candidates last starting elevens, do it as critically as you have done ours and see how many proven PL players they all have. Huddersfield and Brighton are screwed if you are dismissing players as ‘unproven’.

Your second paragraph is spot on, so is the second half of your final paragraph. The rest of it is just grass half empty musings

Palace and West Ham have much more proven quality than us. Huddersfield and Brighton, as I alluded to, have lesser known talents but play with cohesion and have an identity.

We're one of two cases (with possibly West Brom) whose squad AND tactical set-up aren't good enough.

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:42 - Dec 14 with 851 viewsPozuelosSideys

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:30 - Dec 14 by Drizzy

Genuine question - when have Naughton, Mawson, Olsson, Fer, Carroll, Abraham & Ayew ever looked good at PL level beyond a handful of games?

Of those players, im convinced Olsson, Abraham and Carroll are better than the performances they are putting up right now.

Naughton is hot and cold and id like a replacement. Mawson is still young and probably shouldnt be playing as much as he is. Fer and Ayew can be effective, but they are bench material tbh - not week in week out starters.

Im convinced somebody else could wring better performances out of them. The players look shot and as though they dont really get the gameplan PC sets out to me. The midfield 3 of Mesa, Carroll and Ki is an attacking, fairly energetic one. Its not being utilised that way.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:43 - Dec 14 with 849 viewsjack247

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:38 - Dec 14 by Drizzy

Palace and West Ham have much more proven quality than us. Huddersfield and Brighton, as I alluded to, have lesser known talents but play with cohesion and have an identity.

We're one of two cases (with possibly West Brom) whose squad AND tactical set-up aren't good enough.

That's much closer to the truth. We are deservedly bottom because we aren’t getting the best out of the players we have. The squad balance is another major issue.

Completely different to ‘we’ve only got x amount of proven quality PL players’ and the insinuation that puts us at a disadvantage to the rest of the relegation candidates.
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:48 - Dec 14 with 834 viewsDrizzy

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:43 - Dec 14 by jack247

That's much closer to the truth. We are deservedly bottom because we aren’t getting the best out of the players we have. The squad balance is another major issue.

Completely different to ‘we’ve only got x amount of proven quality PL players’ and the insinuation that puts us at a disadvantage to the rest of the relegation candidates.

Well it does put us as a disadvantage. The newly promoted teams are different but compared to the likes of Stoke, West Ham, Palace & Bournemouth we have less proven quality. That's a fact I'm afraid.

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 16:27 - Dec 14 with 808 viewsjack247

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:48 - Dec 14 by Drizzy

Well it does put us as a disadvantage. The newly promoted teams are different but compared to the likes of Stoke, West Ham, Palace & Bournemouth we have less proven quality. That's a fact I'm afraid.

No, it’s an opinion.

Even if it were fact, we only need to finish above those two and West Brom, who are probably on the verge of selling Jonny Evans.

Therefore the assertion that our squad isn’t good enough to stay up because we only have 4/5 proven PL players is wrong. I can understand it, even in the Rodgers and Laudrup days we had more than our fair share of pessimistic posters
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 17:16 - Dec 14 with 786 viewsLord_Bony

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 12:58 - Dec 14 by Flashberryjack

"I’m still not buying this group of players isn’t good enough to finish above 3 other teams though"

I think our results and our league table position would suggest otherwise.

I think you're going to be very disappointed come the end of the season, what I fear most, is not relegation into the Championships, it's what comes after that, because I've seen what happened to us the last time we were relegated from the top division.

Remember our fall from grace well..it was a meteoric race to the bottom.

Unfortunately,we have a big problem with the team,management and the club in general that looks like it's going to be a repeat performance.we will find It hard competing in the championship next year with this set up.

Once we lost the Swansea Way of playing under Laudrup,it was the beginning of the end for us in the prem.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 17:32 - Dec 14 with 772 viewsjasper_T

Tammy's nothing notable at this level. Utterly reliant on his teammates performing well and giving him tap-ins. Anonymous otherwise.

Gets the benefit of the doubt because of "potential" and the big club pedigree, but we're a better side without him.
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 17:39 - Dec 14 with 772 viewsTheResurrection

Fron January to May? The 29 points?!

You always make me laugh when you post about football. Jumped up clown

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 17:41 - Dec 14 with 771 viewsTheResurrection

Palace have Zaha and Cabaye and that's it!!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 17:52 - Dec 14 with 757 viewsswancity

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 17:41 - Dec 14 by TheResurrection

Palace have Zaha and Cabaye and that's it!!!

You can add Loftus-Cheek Benteke Townsend Sakho and two very good keepers to that, off the top of my swede

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 17:54 - Dec 14 with 755 viewsDrizzy

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 17:39 - Dec 14 by TheResurrection

Fron January to May? The 29 points?!

You always make me laugh when you post about football. Jumped up clown

The ones that Siggy and Llorente earned you f*cking div?

You've been hilariously wrong on everything football related since you decided to post again. Well done on riling up the Trust by the way, I'm sure the incoherent email exchange really ruffled some feathers.

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 17:57 - Dec 14 with 752 viewsburty

we definatley need defenders midfield and strikers !!
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 17:58 - Dec 14 with 751 viewsDrizzy

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 16:27 - Dec 14 by jack247

No, it’s an opinion.

Even if it were fact, we only need to finish above those two and West Brom, who are probably on the verge of selling Jonny Evans.

Therefore the assertion that our squad isn’t good enough to stay up because we only have 4/5 proven PL players is wrong. I can understand it, even in the Rodgers and Laudrup days we had more than our fair share of pessimistic posters

An opinion more reflective of the truth when you look at the league table and watch our horrendous performances.

Like I said in my original point it's not solely the lack of proven PL talent it's also the lack of a working tactical set-up that the newly promoted teams have.

Sorry but you're just being facetious. There's very little to work with in this squad.

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 18:18 - Dec 14 with 730 viewsjack247

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 17:58 - Dec 14 by Drizzy

An opinion more reflective of the truth when you look at the league table and watch our horrendous performances.

Like I said in my original point it's not solely the lack of proven PL talent it's also the lack of a working tactical set-up that the newly promoted teams have.

Sorry but you're just being facetious. There's very little to work with in this squad.

Disagreeing with you isn’t being facetious. My original point was the the opening post was complete nonsense. We aren’t bottom due to a lack of PL quality players. To assume that is naive at best. You could argue it’s due to sheer pessimism or the inability to think holistically.

A good manager would keep this side up comfortably.
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 18:30 - Dec 14 with 722 viewstheloneranger

Was it Toshack who said....

"There are Premier League players"

AND

"There are players, playing in the Premier League".....!!

I think the last quote sums us up..

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 18:51 - Dec 14 with 701 viewsDrizzy

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 18:18 - Dec 14 by jack247

Disagreeing with you isn’t being facetious. My original point was the the opening post was complete nonsense. We aren’t bottom due to a lack of PL quality players. To assume that is naive at best. You could argue it’s due to sheer pessimism or the inability to think holistically.

A good manager would keep this side up comfortably.

Sigh. Once again I alluded to the other factors in my original post that you keep referring to but it's complete hypothetical nonsense to say we'd be fine under a good manager. There's no evidence to suggest that. There's far more evidence to suggest our squad is dearth of PL quality.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024