Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our squad simply isn't good enough 11:14 - Dec 14 with 5205 viewsswancity

To stay up I'm afraid to say

With the exception of Fabianski Fernandez ( he has start the next game ) Abraham Bony and possibly Mesa ( who did some good things last night but also always looks capable of giving a goal away as he did again ) none our players are good enough and most now look barely good enough to get into a decent championship side

The gulf in class last night was embarrassing and that's as one sided a game as you will see at this level as they strolled to victory, moving up through the gears at will with, alarmingly, little pressure being applied to the opposition player in possession in contrast to their incredible work ethic when not in possession

It's definitely time for a new manager to come in to freshen things up with four new players in January and there's still hope. It's a time for proven experience IMO. Look at the impact Roy Hodgson has made at Crystal Palace and Sam Allardyce at Everton.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 19:07 - Dec 14 with 1612 viewsjack247

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 18:51 - Dec 14 by Drizzy

Sigh. Once again I alluded to the other factors in my original post that you keep referring to but it's complete hypothetical nonsense to say we'd be fine under a good manager. There's no evidence to suggest that. There's far more evidence to suggest our squad is dearth of PL quality.

The opening post, not your original post. Less of the self importance eh champ?

The other factors you are alluding to are the reasons we are bottom. Unless you genuinely think we have the worst set of players in the league.
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 19:19 - Dec 14 with 1581 viewsDrizzy

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 19:07 - Dec 14 by jack247

The opening post, not your original post. Less of the self importance eh champ?

The other factors you are alluding to are the reasons we are bottom. Unless you genuinely think we have the worst set of players in the league.

They're some of the reasons we're bottom along with the fact that we have, in my opinion, the joint worst squad in the league with West Brom.

Once again, nothing to suggest we'd be fine with a good manager. Baseless, albeit optimistic, trite.

As you were x

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 19:22 - Dec 14 with 1577 viewspaulv2k4

I'd admit to thinking Jack Cork wasn't good enough. He was then snapped up by Burnley, who are now doing very well.

Our squad is pretty good (minus 1 or 2 players), the tactics & motivation are wrong.
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 19:25 - Dec 14 with 1567 views3swan

We are not a team of battlers
We are not a team blessed with skilful players.
That makes the team a non entity, with very little balance.
We were a team where the whole was greater than the sum of its parts.
This was down to players who were comfortable on the ball and teamwork where there was always team mates available for the out ball.
We now look a team that has little preparation apart from don’t lose the defensive shape.
We don’t look fit.
To comment on the latest “our season isn’t defined in these games”
No it isn’t these are bonus games where some sort of a result can build on the base where we do the right things against the non top 6 teams.
Our season is defined with home results against teams like Newcastle, Watford, Brighton, Leicester and Bournemouth. Not always a win but a draw gives us 1 extra point per game and the opposition 2 less. Now Bournemouth was a draw but 1 point from 15.......get real
A few weeks ago Paul Clement said we weren’t in a relegation struggle. What did he see that nearly 18,000 home fans couldn’t?
I’ve come away from games thinking how on earth couldn’t we get something from those games? This is a very poor league, it shows by how close to mid table we still are.
I’ve no doubt in my mind that without a change in manager and January strengthening we will drop further away from safety.

9 goals from 17 games. Laughable.

A better defensive record than other teams but that imo is down to the number of players back than good defending tactics
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 19:42 - Dec 14 with 1538 viewsjack247

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 19:19 - Dec 14 by Drizzy

They're some of the reasons we're bottom along with the fact that we have, in my opinion, the joint worst squad in the league with West Brom.

Once again, nothing to suggest we'd be fine with a good manager. Baseless, albeit optimistic, trite.

As you were x

Which is where we differ.

If you think the promoted teams in particular have players of better calibre than Fabianski, Fernandez, Mawson, Mesa, Ki and Bony, then crack on. There’s something quite heartening about unfounded pessimism.
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 19:52 - Dec 14 with 1517 viewsDrizzy

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 19:42 - Dec 14 by jack247

Which is where we differ.

If you think the promoted teams in particular have players of better calibre than Fabianski, Fernandez, Mawson, Mesa, Ki and Bony, then crack on. There’s something quite heartening about unfounded pessimism.

That's it? Six players?

Mawson has been terrible all season. Mesa has only played three games and still made critical errors. Bony who has about 10 goals in three and a half seasons.

We're f*cked.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 19:57 - Dec 14 with 1508 viewsjack247

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 19:52 - Dec 14 by Drizzy

That's it? Six players?

Mawson has been terrible all season. Mesa has only played three games and still made critical errors. Bony who has about 10 goals in three and a half seasons.

We're f*cked.

All of whom would stroll into Brighton and Huddersfield’s teams, probably West Brom, arguably others. We are trying to stay out of the bottom three, not qualify for Europe.
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 23:11 - Dec 14 with 1447 viewsjasper_T

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 19:57 - Dec 14 by jack247

All of whom would stroll into Brighton and Huddersfield’s teams, probably West Brom, arguably others. We are trying to stay out of the bottom three, not qualify for Europe.

Brighton's centrebacks are easily better than Alfie Mawson.
Login to get fewer ads

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 07:15 - Dec 15 with 1413 viewsSTID2017

It's the manager who makes them look worse.
He has to go next week

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 07:24 - Dec 15 with 1412 viewsRevJames

....and neither is any other aspect of club.

The spectacular fall from mid table mediocrity and football that was easy on the eye to the carnage we have now is very sad.

Everything is inter-linked. Blame the players, blame the Manager, blame the 'DoF', blame the Americans. Question is, who takes responsibility?
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 16:18 - Dec 15 with 1369 viewsswancity

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 19:57 - Dec 14 by jack247

In your opinion may be. Not in mine. The evidence ( league results and position in the table with nine goals scored and very few shots ) all points to us having the weakest squad in the league.

It's plain to see. I also agree that it's unbalanced with not enough pacey options in wide areas. And I'm certain that a different, experienced manager is our only real hope if he can add four new players in Jan while selling some fringe players

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 22:03 - Dec 15 with 1320 viewsdameedna

We have the weakest mindset for attaxk in the league. West brom are close. Every other team including west brom has a better attack. Rodon is an example.

The moment when makalele and the bench dropped their heads when mesa tried to slip an attacking pass to fred was the moment it clearly said to me that we are in the shit.

Fair enough we have tried wingers again however our midfield tactics ate shot as demonstrated by leon keeping us up last year aling with siggy and llorente.

We are nor good enough same as last year. Lost key players and signed players we cannot integrate into a styre that will get goals.

Still time and others may start to falter but we are the worst squad in the league.
Our squad simply isn't good enough on 23:13 - Dec 15 with 1296 viewsbuilthjack

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 15:30 - Dec 14 by Drizzy

Genuine question - when have Naughton, Mawson, Olsson, Fer, Carroll, Abraham & Ayew ever looked good at PL level beyond a handful of games?

Never

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Our squad simply isn't good enough on 23:18 - Dec 15 with 1292 viewsbuilthjack

no guts in the team besides 3 or 4 players.
Lots of pansies.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024