Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diane Abbott 🤪 21:11 - Dec 14 with 7921 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 01:08 - Dec 16 with 1340 viewsJack_Meoff

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 00:43 - Dec 16 by Lohengrin

There's no point in Abbott. A politician unable to propagate effectively is like a fish without gills: dead in the water. Put her out to graze, FFS!

For politicians to propagate effectively they surely need the media outlets of their day to spread said propagation?

The channels of communication are/were so well controlled. And this is nothing new. I'd suggest all this 'Fake News' furore is the powers that be panicking over their lack of control of the entire information stream - they no longer have 'full spectrum dominance.' No wonder Dacre and Murdoch were decrying social media last week in their rags. The penny is dropping.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 1:09]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 01:30 - Dec 16 with 1320 viewsLohengrin

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 01:08 - Dec 16 by Jack_Meoff

For politicians to propagate effectively they surely need the media outlets of their day to spread said propagation?

The channels of communication are/were so well controlled. And this is nothing new. I'd suggest all this 'Fake News' furore is the powers that be panicking over their lack of control of the entire information stream - they no longer have 'full spectrum dominance.' No wonder Dacre and Murdoch were decrying social media last week in their rags. The penny is dropping.

In Abbott's case for propagate, see articulate. Like most of the far-left she's sub-normal in that respect. Scratch that, in every respect. They are contemptible creatures.

Fake news? Now here's the thing: It's long been an article of faith here that the media is full of sh!t. Right? Aneurin Bevan as far back a 1937 declared that it was 'prostituted' and the trend has accelerated ever since. But there is no stranglehold on information now. All bets are off.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 1:57]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 05:37 - Dec 16 with 1279 viewsHumpty

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 00:29 - Dec 16 by Lohengrin

I'm such an anorak I was hoping for exactly that.

I live, eat, sleep and breathe politics. It's the last thing I'm reading before I turn off the light at night, it's what I'm listening to in the car on the way to work and it's where my mind drifts toward when it's a quiet time there. I'm always looking to draw parallels, both historic and contemporary. I look for them and they're always there.

You presumed earlier that I thought that the last Labour manifesto was 'loony.' I don't. Large tracts of it I agree with, it's not particularly original, nor is the direction of travel unarticulated elsewhere:

"The elites have perpetrated an economic 'hate crime' against the working people of this country."

Who said that? Corbyn? Abrahams or Long-Bailey? That would be Steve Bannon. Young Ace the Labour activist on here thinks he's the Devil, I don't. I think he has a quite remarkable ability to take the political temperature and second-guess what working folk are thinking and be two steps ahead of where 'the left' want to go; he outflanks them and occupies the ground they covet. It's extraordinary.

So what, you may think, he's American. What's that got to do with Labour? I saw another American speak in the Summer up at Hay, Bernie Sanders. I heard his address to the Cambridge Union too and he has warned Labour here not to get bogged down in political correctness and minority agendas, the economy is where the battle is won or lost. Corbyn's appointment of the three race-baiters Abbott, Butler and Osamor tells me that Corbyn is either too blind to see the pit-fall or too stupid to change tack.

I'll leave the last word to Bannon...

"The longer they talk about identity politics, I got 'em. I want them to talk about racism all day, every day. If 'the left' is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, that's where we crush them."

Steve Bannon. Yeah that genius. Let's ramp up the Southern Strategy all over again. Let's tell white people and straight men that THEY are the real victims and racism was all over until the Kenyan Muslim reignited it and caused all these problems again.

F*ck off.

A man, who if he had his way, would have elected Roy Moore to the US Senate. A bible thumping racist homophobe who likes f*cking fourteen year olds.

Your right in a way. You can get people to vote against their economic interests if you pander to their most base instincts. In the US that seems to be about 35% of the electorate, and with their arcane voting system that can, and did, end up with Trump.

But you're wrong if you think most people share your views, whether in America or in your infamous Legion Club.

And I bet the unemployed miners in the Appalachians and the bejobbed steelworkers in Pittsburgh will be dancing in the streets with the news that that Congress is about to give a big tax break for people who own private jets.

Thanks Steve.

Bannon is not trying to help the working man. Like you, he's trying to stir up hatred. And that's why you like him.
Diane Abbott 🤪 on 06:05 - Dec 16 with 1274 viewsHumpty

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 01:08 - Dec 16 by Jack_Meoff

No.

Fake news is very real.

Last year someone posted a picture on this messageboard of a nasty muslim women ignoring dying people on Westminster Bridge. We now know that it was started by a Russian pretending to be a Texan. Someone posted a fake facebook page claiming that liberals were aborting their babies because Trump got elected. He got it from Infowars. And these people were very busy during the US election vote and Brexit. And not for good reasons.

Fakes news is very real. It's whole purpose is to lie and spread disinformation. Anyone who thinks it's the same as the real news, ie the BBC, is frankly thick.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 6:10]
Diane Abbott 🤪 on 07:16 - Dec 16 with 1260 viewsHighjack

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 00:43 - Dec 16 by Lohengrin

There's no point in Abbott. A politician unable to propagate effectively is like a fish without gills: dead in the water. Put her out to graze, FFS!

I'm not a practising zoologist but judging by the immense girth of the specimen this is one fishcow who has had more that it's fair share of grazing over the years.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 07:44 - Dec 16 with 1257 viewsHumpty

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 07:16 - Dec 16 by Highjack

I'm not a practising zoologist but judging by the immense girth of the specimen this is one fishcow who has had more that it's fair share of grazing over the years.

What do you weigh?

Why do you think it's important?
Diane Abbott 🤪 on 07:52 - Dec 16 with 1247 viewsHumpty

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 07:16 - Dec 16 by Highjack

I'm not a big fan of Abbot but I'm less of a fan of people who say "She is fat."

Is that all you can contribute? Diane Abbot is fat?

Not very good are you?

HJ says Dianne Abbot is fat. And?
Diane Abbott 🤪 on 07:55 - Dec 16 with 1247 viewsAguycalledJack

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 10:50 - Dec 15 by Highjack

Would it be practical to have sprinklers inside residential properties though? I wouldn't fancy a soaking every time I burn a bit of toast. Not to mention the electrics etc. The communal/corridor areas should have them definitely, but this fire went up and around the outside of the building where you could have no sprinklers so it probably wouldn't have helped at all in this case.

I believe new building regs say sprinklers now have to be installed in new residential properties
Login to get fewer ads

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 08:46 - Dec 16 with 1235 viewsWarwickHunt

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 07:52 - Dec 16 by Humpty

I'm not a big fan of Abbot but I'm less of a fan of people who say "She is fat."

Is that all you can contribute? Diane Abbot is fat?

Not very good are you?

HJ says Dianne Abbot is fat. And?

Ugly.
Diane Abbott 🤪 on 08:53 - Dec 16 with 1229 viewsJack_Meoff

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 06:05 - Dec 16 by Humpty

No.

Fake news is very real.

Last year someone posted a picture on this messageboard of a nasty muslim women ignoring dying people on Westminster Bridge. We now know that it was started by a Russian pretending to be a Texan. Someone posted a fake facebook page claiming that liberals were aborting their babies because Trump got elected. He got it from Infowars. And these people were very busy during the US election vote and Brexit. And not for good reasons.

Fakes news is very real. It's whole purpose is to lie and spread disinformation. Anyone who thinks it's the same as the real news, ie the BBC, is frankly thick.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 6:10]

Behalf yourself mun Hump. The BBC is simply UK state propaganda. End of. Real news. Arf. And anyone who believes infowars and said aforementioned Facebook groups deserves everything they get. That is indeed fake bollocks but does not in any way legitimise the likes of the BBC.

And the US crying about outside interference is absolute comedy gold. Its whole purpose during the 20th century (and this one) was to overthrow regimes that wouldn’t let western corporations steal heir resources. And blatantly lie about it.

This isn’t conspiracy, there’s plenty of books (from reliable sources) that document what a tightly controlled information stream the ‘mainstream media’ is. There’s nothing new under the sun.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 08:58 - Dec 16 with 1226 viewsWarwickHunt

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 08:53 - Dec 16 by Jack_Meoff

Behalf yourself mun Hump. The BBC is simply UK state propaganda. End of. Real news. Arf. And anyone who believes infowars and said aforementioned Facebook groups deserves everything they get. That is indeed fake bollocks but does not in any way legitimise the likes of the BBC.

And the US crying about outside interference is absolute comedy gold. Its whole purpose during the 20th century (and this one) was to overthrow regimes that wouldn’t let western corporations steal heir resources. And blatantly lie about it.

This isn’t conspiracy, there’s plenty of books (from reliable sources) that document what a tightly controlled information stream the ‘mainstream media’ is. There’s nothing new under the sun.

"The BBC is simply UK state propaganda."

It really, really isn't, mate. Anyone who's worked in journalism or the BBC would find that comment risible.

I know it's one of your hobby horses but it's utter bollocks. You have no idea, seriously.
Diane Abbott 🤪 on 09:00 - Dec 16 with 1223 viewsHumpty

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 08:46 - Dec 16 by WarwickHunt

Ugly.

Very good.

She's big and fat and ugly.

She's also a member of the shaddow cabinet. Anything else you could say about her? Apart from big and fat and ugly?

Do you hold the other members of the shadow cabinet to the same standards? Fatty? Ugly?

Even when your sniggerring away with the rest of the lads, do you not realise how much of a tw*t you look? Whether you like her or not?

Sad little men. Incable of realising what sad little men they are. Snigger. Women. Fatty.

Sad excuse for men.
Diane Abbott 🤪 on 09:01 - Dec 16 with 1219 viewsWarwickHunt

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 09:00 - Dec 16 by Humpty

Very good.

She's also a member of the shaddow cabinet. Anything else you could say about her? Apart from big and fat and ugly?

Do you hold the other members of the shadow cabinet to the same standards? Fatty? Ugly?

Even when your sniggerring away with the rest of the lads, do you not realise how much of a tw*t you look? Whether you like her or not?

Sad little men. Incable of realising what sad little men they are. Snigger. Women. Fatty.

Sad excuse for men.

Have a *whoosh* you sanctimonious fûcking biff.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 9:02]
Diane Abbott 🤪 on 09:02 - Dec 16 with 1215 viewsHighjack

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 07:44 - Dec 16 by Humpty

What do you weigh?

Obesity is one of the biggest (not a pun) problems in our society. Leads to massive health issues and will impair most people's abilities to do most tasks in one way or another. Of course it's important.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 09:04 - Dec 16 with 1211 viewsHighjack

Very good.

Sad excuse for men.

She's also more racist than Donald trump will ever be.

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 09:07 - Dec 16 with 1207 viewsHighjack

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 07:55 - Dec 16 by AguycalledJack

I believe new building regs say sprinklers now have to be installed in new residential properties

When that Beko fridge freezer or whatever it was caught fire due to an electrical fault in Grenfell the last thing you'd wanna do is chuck a load of water on it.

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 09:08 - Dec 16 with 1205 viewsPrivate_Partz

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 07:44 - Dec 16 by Humpty

What do you weigh?

It's shocking Hump. Lefties are both thick and fat......and this coming from posters who claim to be well read in politics.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 09:49 - Dec 16 with 1179 viewsHighjack

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 09:08 - Dec 16 by Private_Partz

It's shocking Hump. Lefties are both thick and fat......and this coming from posters who claim to be well read in politics.

I don't think lefties are thick. I don't think Liz Kendall is thick, I don't think skinner is thick, I don't think you're thick, I dont think humpty is thick. Pissed, yes but not thick. There's lots of lefties who are clearly highly intelligent.

But most in the shadow cabinet are there not based on talent but for their unwavering commitment to identity politics, and their commitment to Jezza who is also fairly thick.

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 09:50 - Dec 16 with 1178 viewsLohengrin

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 05:37 - Dec 16 by Humpty

Steve Bannon. Yeah that genius. Let's ramp up the Southern Strategy all over again. Let's tell white people and straight men that THEY are the real victims and racism was all over until the Kenyan Muslim reignited it and caused all these problems again.

F*ck off.

A man, who if he had his way, would have elected Roy Moore to the US Senate. A bible thumping racist homophobe who likes f*cking fourteen year olds.

Your right in a way. You can get people to vote against their economic interests if you pander to their most base instincts. In the US that seems to be about 35% of the electorate, and with their arcane voting system that can, and did, end up with Trump.

But you're wrong if you think most people share your views, whether in America or in your infamous Legion Club.

And I bet the unemployed miners in the Appalachians and the bejobbed steelworkers in Pittsburgh will be dancing in the streets with the news that that Congress is about to give a big tax break for people who own private jets.

Thanks Steve.

Bannon is not trying to help the working man. Like you, he's trying to stir up hatred. And that's why you like him.

That, right there, is why I don't post after a drink any more.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 10:05 - Dec 16 with 1173 viewsDr_Winston

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 09:49 - Dec 16 by Highjack

I don't think lefties are thick. I don't think Liz Kendall is thick, I don't think skinner is thick, I don't think you're thick, I dont think humpty is thick. Pissed, yes but not thick. There's lots of lefties who are clearly highly intelligent.

But most in the shadow cabinet are there not based on talent but for their unwavering commitment to identity politics, and their commitment to Jezza who is also fairly thick.

That's actually quite nicely summed up HJ.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 14:44 - Dec 16 with 1117 viewsburty

I will vote for Corbyn because labours manifesto is in the right direction, the tories have run out of ideas come on they are "completely" divided lets have a change because investing will only create more jobs.
Diane Abbott 🤪 on 14:44 - Dec 16 with 1117 viewsHighjack

Very good.

Sad excuse for men.

Fair enough, In the interests of equality and diversity Tom Watson is also fat and ugly. But his silent evil death stares across the floor to the Tory front bench is very entertaining.

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 15:42 - Dec 16 with 1095 viewsPozuelosSideys

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 01:07 - Dec 16 by Private_Partz

Mmm, I guess my essay would not have served much of a purpose as you are very well read up on the subject anyway.
I don't eat sleep and breathe politics. As a voter I can only vote for what is in front of me and support the Party that I think meets the needs of the Country at the moment.
For me that is Labour nationally and Plaid locally.
Not a great choice. I am not happy with Labours stance on Brexit and I feel Plaid are pretty pathetic at living up to their name as the Party of Wales but they are all I have at the moment.
Now I have a choice. Carry on shouting the odds on various forums and being a member of the Labour Party in support of the current regime. Or getting off my Arsenal and going into politics to try and make a difference. The latter is not attractive because as a 64 year old man I don't fancy standing on soap box for the remaining years of my life.
Why do I support Labour? Because austerity has failed and we need a change. I am glad you find some parts of their manifesto agreeable and I apologise for thinking otherwise.
As regards Plaid well they are the only Party in Wales that seems to have any interest in fighting against the tide that is turning Wales into a Cardiff City State.
Back to Labour. Yes we can pick holes in the motives of politicians by looking back over their quotes and actions in the past. We have to live in the here and now though. Let's give Corbyn and Co a chance. If it all goes Pete Tong then there is only 4 or 5 years of suffering. God knows we are suffering under the Tories enough.
After all it is not like Brexit which could stuff us for generations to come .
Amen :-)
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 1:11]

If it all goes wrong, it will be only 4 or 5 years of suffering? No. That is the time they will spend controlling the country. The knock-on effects will be massive and would go on for generations. They tax, borrow and spend. Kids, grand kids, great kids will be paying down the debt and fixing the mess for decades after.

This is one of my main beefs with this lot. They want a complete overhaul of society, business, everything. I get why people see this as a good thing as they want change. But its way too extreme for a developed country like the UK imo.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 07:14 - Dec 17 with 1012 viewsHumpty

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 09:50 - Dec 16 by Lohengrin

That, right there, is why I don't post after a drink any more.

Ok. I have to admit I was a tiny little bit very very f*cking drunk on Friday. I just didn't realise it until I woke up very late the next day. And went back to bed.

I don't go out often mun.

I stand by it all though.
Diane Abbott 🤪 on 07:28 - Dec 17 with 1006 viewsHumpty

Diane Abbott 🤪 on 09:01 - Dec 16 by WarwickHunt

Have a *whoosh* you sanctimonious fûcking biff.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 9:02]

If I got that wrong I'm sorry. I apologise.

I'm not a Labour voter or Dianne Abbott fan but why does one women attract so much abuse?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/diane-abbott-abuse-female-mps-trol

Black and Asian female MPs were sent 35% more abusive messages than white MPs.

Perhaps that's got something to do with it. If thinking that is f*cking awful makes me a sanctimonious biff I'll accept it. Call me a sanctimonious biff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024