Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wednesday Night 10:16 - Dec 15 with 5840 viewsbostondanvers

What disappointed me most was the so called swansea fans leaving the stadium after the third and fourth goals, ok it's their choice BUT we were playing one of the top sides in europe and probably the best premier league team there as ever been. When we get relegated at the end of the season, we may never ever get to see players of that calibre playing at the liberty again, no one likes a beating but if you love football then you should have appreciated the skill that the Man City showed. Listen I remember the bad old days playing in front of less that 3,000 on a cold Tuesday night against teams like Workington Town ( Yes they were a league team once) and they beat us 6-1 at home and 7-0 away. but I still stayed till the end. So I assume all the fans that left early last night won't be coming next season when the glory days are over - Good Riddance
Wednesday Night on 16:56 - Dec 15 with 1992 viewsswancity

Wednesday Night on 16:25 - Dec 15 by N_T_J

J-K, I think you're missing his point. It could be the last time you see a team like Man Citys again. You will regret it next season watching Burtons team.

Dear mr bostondanvers, I left when the 4th goal went in. My since apologies. I didn't enjoy watching our team play, I didn't like the lack of effort from our players, they seemed overawed and only going through the motions. The lack of effort to close them down quickly and aggressively was obvious as we didn't once make a crunching challenge worthy of the name

On top of our lack of desire and effort the things going on at Board level are leaving a bad taste. It's unforgivable and yet the Trust aren't dealing with it adequately. That's another matter...

All in all I find myself with no intention to renew a season ticket I've enjoyed since 2005.

Finally, Manchester City were the best all round club side I've ever seen play. Not just their ability but their application and high intensity play without the ball, something we need to learn from.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Wednesday Night on 17:05 - Dec 15 with 1986 viewsSTID2017

Wednesday Night on 10:23 - Dec 15 by Loyal

We all remember shit days, but to have them we need to have good days. And anyway who is to say these are good days ? Maybe Workington town was your good day ?
Well done etc ....
But football has changed.

And people leaving early tells me they are real swansea fans, at least they weren't there to see Man City because if they were they would have stayed.

You are talking utter rubbish mate.
Real fans left early ?
So as someone who has followed the club since before we got re-elected, what more awful games than I care to remember (home and away) and more than a few very good ones, and has just renewed his ST (not because I don't care about HJ still being here, but because I am a proper supporter) and stayed till the bitter end (as I always do) what am I then ?
I go to watch Swans whether they are playing Man City or Mansfield, as do many others.
If people want to leave early, that's fine, but real fans will be there if/when we get relegated.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Wednesday Night on 17:09 - Dec 15 with 1981 viewsSTID2017

Wednesday Night on 11:21 - Dec 15 by lifelong

Some fans in the West Stand were applauding the Man City side for the brilliant football they were playing.

"Football fans in applauding great football" shock
Other sports are much more sporting and whilst we all want Swans to win every game, Wednesday was like playing Barcelona or Brazil. Deep down you couldn't help more admire it.

Wednesday Night on 17:11 - Dec 15 with 1975 viewsDarran

Wednesday Night on 17:09 - Dec 15 by STID2017

Other sports are much more sporting and whilst we all want Swans to win every game, Wednesday was like playing Barcelona or Brazil. Deep down you couldn't help more admire it.

No it wasn’t Man City aren’t that good.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wednesday Night on 17:15 - Dec 15 with 1965 viewsdobjack2

Wednesday Night on 17:09 - Dec 15 by STID2017

It was like watching Barcelona or Brazil play against dustbins.
Wednesday Night on 17:15 - Dec 15 with 1963 viewsN_T_J

Wednesday Night on 16:49 - Dec 15 by Darran

Well I don’t go there to watch the opposition.

I was being sarcastic
Wednesday Night on 17:17 - Dec 15 with 1957 viewsSTID2017

Wednesday Night on 17:11 - Dec 15 by Darran

No it wasn’t Man City aren’t that good.

In context Darran.
Compared to the way we are playing at the moment, it reminded me of when Southampton came to the Vetch to show of the FA Cup in a friendly.
Allowed us to score an early goal before scoring four against us without even trying.
It seemed that easy for Man City on Wednesday

Wednesday Night on 17:20 - Dec 15 with 1945 viewsDarran

Wednesday Night on 17:17 - Dec 15 by STID2017

In context Darran.
Compared to the way we are playing at the moment, it reminded me of when Southampton came to the Vetch to show of the FA Cup in a friendly.
Allowed us to score an early goal before scoring four against us without even trying.
It seemed that easy for Man City on Wednesday

Well you are obviously talking about Barca from a few years ago under Pep and Brazil from 1970.

Man City are nowhere near that.

Login to get fewer ads

Wednesday Night on 17:20 - Dec 15 with 1947 viewsN_T_J

Wednesday Night on 16:56 - Dec 15 by swancity

Dear mr bostondanvers, I left when the 4th goal went in. My since apologies. I didn't enjoy watching our team play, I didn't like the lack of effort from our players, they seemed overawed and only going through the motions. The lack of effort to close them down quickly and aggressively was obvious as we didn't once make a crunching challenge worthy of the name

On top of our lack of desire and effort the things going on at Board level are leaving a bad taste. It's unforgivable and yet the Trust aren't dealing with it adequately. That's another matter...

All in all I find myself with no intention to renew a season ticket I've enjoyed since 2005.

Finally, Manchester City were the best all round club side I've ever seen play. Not just their ability but their application and high intensity play without the ball, something we need to learn from.

Again like I said to Darran I was being sarcastic.

If anything the OP is there just to see teams like Man City ect.

I didnt even bother reading all your post as you clearly went off on a rant.

If it helps I didnt even go on Wednesday.
Wednesday Night on 17:22 - Dec 15 with 1942 viewsSTID2017

Wednesday Night on 17:20 - Dec 15 by Darran

Well you are obviously talking about Barca from a few years ago under Pep and Brazil from 1970.

Man City are nowhere near that.

I refer you to my post about Man City on Talksport earlier, where I said basically the same.
For those of a certain age, no one will touch that Brazil 1970 side

Wednesday Night on 17:23 - Dec 15 with 1937 viewsDarran

Wednesday Night on 17:22 - Dec 15 by STID2017

I refer you to my post about Man City on Talksport earlier, where I said basically the same.
For those of a certain age, no one will touch that Brazil 1970 side

I didn’t see that post but you correct.

Wednesday Night on 17:57 - Dec 15 with 1910 viewsperplex

Wednesday Night on 16:25 - Dec 15 by N_T_J

J-K, I think you're missing his point. It could be the last time you see a team like Man Citys again. You will regret it next season watching Burtons team.

Can always pop up to Cardiff to watch them play Man City next season.
Wednesday Night on 19:41 - Dec 15 with 1865 viewsSTID2017

Wednesday Night on 17:23 - Dec 15 by Darran

I didn’t see that post but you correct.

On TS they were talking about Man City being the best team evee in the PL and already offering very small odds on them going all the way to the endbof the season unbeaten.
IMHO they will meet lots of sides who will give them a good battle, unlike we did.
Expect to see them lose to a WHU or Burnley, more than a Chelsea or Spurs.

Wednesday Night (n/t) on 20:05 - Dec 15 with 1856 viewsBenJ94

Wednesday Night on 16:19 - Dec 15 by Darran

You’ve only been watching us for five minutes Ben stop fuçking moaning.

[Post edited 15 Dec 2017 20:57]
Wednesday Night on 20:06 - Dec 15 with 1851 viewsJackfath

Wednesday Night (n/t) on 20:05 - Dec 15 by BenJ94

How rude.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Wednesday Night (n/t) on 20:08 - Dec 15 with 1846 viewsBenJ94

Wednesday Night on 20:06 - Dec 15 by Jackfath

How rude.

Wednesday Night on 20:12 - Dec 15 with 1836 viewsDarran

Wednesday Night (n/t) on 20:05 - Dec 15 by BenJ94

That’s disgusting and it’s Christmas too.

Wednesday Night on 20:43 - Dec 15 with 1815 viewsbuilthjack

Wednesday Night on 20:12 - Dec 15 by Darran

That’s disgusting and it’s Christmas too.

But hes a Pogues fan

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wednesday Night on 00:19 - Dec 16 with 1748 viewsGowerjack

Wednesday Night on 11:18 - Dec 15 by Darran

Jackfath has been on about this for years and my learned friend is rarely wrong.

I beg to differ.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Wednesday Night on 00:45 - Dec 16 with 1745 viewsmax936

Wednesday Night on 12:29 - Dec 15 by lifelong

You would have been sorry if we’d scored 5 in the last 20 minutes old bean.

He was that pissed he probably dreamt that we did and had to check the score when he woke

Sorry Big Al, I couldn't resist, love you

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Wednesday Night on 09:17 - Dec 16 with 1695 viewsjackal

Wednesday Night on 11:21 - Dec 15 by lifelong

Some fans in the West Stand were applauding the Man City side for the brilliant football they were playing.

I'm surprised our players didn't do that.

They stood back and watched Man City too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024