Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vote of no confidence thread. 18:21 - Dec 15 with 23431 viewsE20Jack

Not a member but will happily join again if this was to get off the ground.

Any members have any ideas how to do this?

Looks like the only way of stopping this deal now. I have asked several times what are the benefits of this deal, it cannot be continuing to have a voice as conceding drag rights will probably mean the Trust survives as an organisation for a shorter period than if it was to go legal. They are not long term owners.

...those who recommended the deal still have not answered.

Swans Trust,
12 Dynevor Avenue,
Neath,
SA10 7AG

I, the undersigned member, believe the current committee no longer represents the wishes of this organisation's members. I would like to register a vote of no confidence and ask you to call and extraordinary meeting of all Trust members so that we can be heard. We would like to table a motion that the following committee members should stand down and call an election at the earliest opportunity.

Alan Lewis
Stuart McDonald
Viv Brooks
Ron Knuszka
Cath Dyer
Viv Williams
Sian Davies

Yours,

** any Trust members for the deal I have missed out feel free to add or any I have included that are against it then again feel free to omit.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2017 20:43]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Vote of no confidence thread. on 18:49 - Dec 15 with 8720 viewswobbly

Yes, just submit a motion of no confidence. If enough people vote on your motion, then it passes.

I hope this is helpful.
Vote of no confidence thread. on 18:50 - Dec 15 with 8719 viewsswanseajack4eva

I am a member and would sign it.

The problem is we don't know how to immediately create or petition a vote of no confidence because we don't know what governance rules the Trust board is legally operating under.
Vote of no confidence thread. on 18:56 - Dec 15 with 8695 viewslonglostjack

I'm no legal expert and am not sure how to write something that would be legally acceptable. There has to be a true JB that does. Needs to be done pronto. Otherwise there's always Dr Google.

https://www.boardeffect.com/blog/how-to-write-a-petition-to-remove-a-board-membe

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Vote of no confidence thread. on 18:59 - Dec 15 with 8678 viewsNookiejack

From the other thread it appears we need 80 members to sign it
Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:02 - Dec 15 with 8667 viewsE20Jack

Vote of no confidence thread. on 18:59 - Dec 15 by Nookiejack

And what would that do exactly Nookie? bring it to the vote presumably?

And how many then would need to vote on it for it to pass and be acted upon?

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:03 - Dec 15 with 8660 viewsUxbridge

Vote of no confidence thread. on 18:59 - Dec 15 by Nookiejack

Current membership is over 1100.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:11 - Dec 15 with 8632 viewswobbly

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:03 - Dec 15 by Uxbridge

This puts E20 in a bit of a quandary. He wants to sign up in order to vote on the motion, but that increases the total membership number, which makes the threshold needed to pass the motion higher as well.

Is he better off not joining so it makes it easier to pass.
Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:11 - Dec 15 with 8627 viewsLandore_Jack

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:03 - Dec 15 by Uxbridge

How many members do we need to trigger the vote of no confidence?

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:15 - Dec 15 with 8612 viewsE20Jack

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:11 - Dec 15 by wobbly

This puts E20 in a bit of a quandary. He wants to sign up in order to vote on the motion, but that increases the total membership number, which makes the threshold needed to pass the motion higher as well.

Is he better off not joining so it makes it easier to pass.

That is my thinking, if many are on the same lines. But then I would also get a vote again when it comes to the share sale.

It may be better for the current members to do the ousting, and then the disenfranchined ex members to re join to vote on the deal.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2017 19:17]

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:17 - Dec 15 with 8598 viewsE20Jack

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:11 - Dec 15 by Landore_Jack

How many members do we need to trigger the vote of no confidence?

Must be 10%

So between 110-120.

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:22 - Dec 15 with 8583 viewsVetchfielder

I think it would be difficult to get 120 Trust Members to write and sign a letter, not an email, a real letter , calling for a vote of no confidence in the Trust Board.

Personally, despite having been at last night's meeting and had 2 requests for a show of hands on getting a 2nd vote turned down, I still haven't got to the point of a vote of no confidence. I don't know where that would take us.

I think there is more chance of getting 120 Trust Members to do the letter thing requesting an EGM to move for a 2nd vote. Still very very difficult though and I would please ask non-members that suggest what the Trust members should be doing please join up and help do what is needed. Please join the Trust even if you have historical issues.

As an aside, at the next AGM, I will be proposing an amendment to the new rules for calling an EGM such that maybe only 30 people are required to call it - 10% is far too high and makes mobilisation far too difficult for the membership.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:28 - Dec 15 with 8550 viewsNeath_Jack

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:22 - Dec 15 by Vetchfielder

I think it would be difficult to get 120 Trust Members to write and sign a letter, not an email, a real letter , calling for a vote of no confidence in the Trust Board.

Personally, despite having been at last night's meeting and had 2 requests for a show of hands on getting a 2nd vote turned down, I still haven't got to the point of a vote of no confidence. I don't know where that would take us.

I think there is more chance of getting 120 Trust Members to do the letter thing requesting an EGM to move for a 2nd vote. Still very very difficult though and I would please ask non-members that suggest what the Trust members should be doing please join up and help do what is needed. Please join the Trust even if you have historical issues.

As an aside, at the next AGM, I will be proposing an amendment to the new rules for calling an EGM such that maybe only 30 people are required to call it - 10% is far too high and makes mobilisation far too difficult for the membership.

Aren't you part of that protest group thing? If you are, surely that's a vehicle for this kind of thing, bash a few messages out to your fellow gangbangers on whatsapp and you'll nail it?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:29 - Dec 15 with 8548 viewsBanosswan

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:15 - Dec 15 by E20Jack

That is my thinking, if many are on the same lines. But then I would also get a vote again when it comes to the share sale.

It may be better for the current members to do the ousting, and then the disenfranchined ex members to re join to vote on the deal.

1000 members, 10% is 100.
1001 members, 10% is 100.1.
Joining and voting is beneficial.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:29 - Dec 15 with 8547 viewslonglostjack

Great post. Swallow your pride and/or stop whingeing about your tenner. Get in there and fight the battle from inside.

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:29 - Dec 15 with 8542 viewswobbly

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:15 - Dec 15 by E20Jack

Good thinking. Best strategy is to just post on here and hope someone else does something.

Count me in, comrade.
Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:33 - Dec 15 with 8525 viewsBanosswan

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:29 - Dec 15 by wobbly

Good thinking. Best strategy is to just post on here and hope someone else does something.

Count me in, comrade.

As long as people are joining with the intention to vote, that's better than not joining.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:42 - Dec 15 with 8490 viewsdobjack2

The sale is clearly being rushed to get it done before the nextAGM. Funny how the AGM is being delayed from its usual date as well.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2017 19:47]
Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:46 - Dec 15 with 8472 viewsE20Jack

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:29 - Dec 15 by Banosswan

1000 members, 10% is 100.
1001 members, 10% is 100.1.
Joining and voting is beneficial.

depends how many people are in my boat though. If we are talking of another 400 then that is another 40 needed. it would be far better to join after a call for an ousting of the board.

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:47 - Dec 15 with 8466 viewsE20Jack

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:29 - Dec 15 by wobbly

Count me in, comrade.

So you have not read and understood what I have said then.

Ah well.

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:48 - Dec 15 with 8460 viewsE20Jack

It wouldnt need to be 120 different letters. Just one template. It is essentially 120 signatures.

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:56 - Dec 15 with 8427 viewsJackfath

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:48 - Dec 15 by E20Jack

It wouldnt need to be 120 different letters. Just one template. It is essentially 120 signatures.

Draft a letter, put it up on here, ask for it to be made a sticky. I will print it off, sign and send as I am sure countless others will.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:59 - Dec 15 with 8407 viewslonglostjack

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:56 - Dec 15 by Jackfath

Draft a letter, put it up on here, ask for it to be made a sticky. I will print it off, sign and send as I am sure countless others will.

Me too. Just make sure it complies with whatever bloody rules the Trust have decided are valid this week.

Vote of no confidence thread. on 20:04 - Dec 15 with 8394 viewsBobby_Fischer

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:46 - Dec 15 by E20Jack

depends how many people are in my boat though. If we are talking of another 400 then that is another 40 needed. it would be far better to join after a call for an ousting of the board.

Well if 400 are in your boat and are joining in order to issue a vote of no confidence I'm sure they will sign a letter, at a minimum 10% will.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Vote of no confidence thread. on 20:09 - Dec 15 with 8377 viewsE20Jack

Vote of no confidence thread. on 19:56 - Dec 15 by Jackfath

Swans Trust,
12 Dynevor Avenue,
Neath,
SA10 7AG

I, the undersigned member, believe the current committee no longer represents the wishes of this organisation's members. I would like to register a vote of no confidence and ask you to call and extraordinary meeting of all Trust members so that we can be heard. We would like to table a motion that the following committee members should stand down and call an election at the earliest opportunity.

Alan Lewis
Stuart McDonald
Viv Brooks
Ron Knuszka
Cath Dyer
Viv Williams
Sian Davies

Yours,

** any Trust members for the deal I have missed out feel free to add or any I have included that are against it then again feel free to omit.

Vote of no confidence thread. on 20:10 - Dec 15 with 8369 viewsAguycalledJack

I’m a trust member. I’d sign a letter of no confidence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024