Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? 18:43 - Dec 15 with 5036 viewsswanseajack4eva

For the past 5 years it has been held in November or December. Does anyone know the date when the 2017 AGM going to be held?

AGM for 2016 - December 2016
AGM for 2015 - November 2015
AGM for 2014 - November 2014
AGM for 2013 - November 2013
AGM for 2012 - November 2012

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/trust-board-and-agm-minutes/#AGM
Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 19:00 - Dec 15 with 5012 viewsUxbridge

Won't be confirmed for a couple of weeks. Books need auditing beforehand. I'd expect a Monday in early Jan though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 19:17 - Dec 15 with 4983 viewsNeathJack

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 19:00 - Dec 15 by Uxbridge

Won't be confirmed for a couple of weeks. Books need auditing beforehand. I'd expect a Monday in early Jan though.

As a board (appreciate you can't speak for the whole board) will you commit to not completing this farcical deal until after the AGM?
Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 19:19 - Dec 15 with 4977 viewsE20Jack

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 19:17 - Dec 15 by NeathJack

As a board (appreciate you can't speak for the whole board) will you commit to not completing this farcical deal until after the AGM?

Of course not. Things need hiding. This is being fasttracked.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 19:36 - Dec 15 with 4954 viewsdobjack2

Hi Ux not having a pop at you but When did the financial year end?

Rule 31 says that the AGM should take place within 6 months of the end of the financial year.

If more than 6 months has elapsed then the trust is clearly not acting in accordance with its own rules. In which case, in accordance with rule 61 the half of the board members that have served the longest should already have resigned and there should already have been an election.

If the above is correct then it would appear that the longest serving half of the trust board have no authority to be there. In addition the position of the secretary is surely untenable as he has failed in ensuring rule 29g is followed.
Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 19:40 - Dec 15 with 4941 viewsmonmouth

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 19:36 - Dec 15 by dobjack2

Rule 31 says that the AGM should take place within 6 months of the end of the financial year.

If more than 6 months has elapsed then the trust is clearly not acting in accordance with its own rules. In which case, in accordance with rule 61 the half of the board members that have served the longest should already have resigned and there should already have been an election.

If the above is correct then it would appear that the longest serving half of the trust board have no authority to be there. In addition the position of the secretary is surely untenable as he has failed in ensuring rule 29g is followed.

It's 31 July, but a gold star attempt.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 19:44 - Dec 15 with 4935 viewsdobjack2

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 19:40 - Dec 15 by monmouth

It's 31 July, but a gold star attempt.

Curses - foiled again

Still it’s the half of the board that has been there longest that should be up for re election in accordance with rule 61
[Post edited 15 Dec 2017 19:54]
Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 20:14 - Dec 15 with 4897 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 19:17 - Dec 15 by NeathJack

You've answered your own question there. It's hardly imminent though, IMO.

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 20:52 - Dec 15 with 4846 viewsNeathJack

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 20:14 - Dec 15 by Uxbridge

You've answered your own question there. It's hardly imminent though, IMO.

Did I?
Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 21:57 - Dec 15 with 4802 viewsNookiejack

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 19:36 - Dec 15 by dobjack2

it looks like the last accounts were for the period ended 31st July 2016 - so the next will be 31st July 2017 - which implies they have to hold an AGM by 31st Jan 2018 (as per Rule 31).

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Swans-Trust-Accounts-201
Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 22:50 - Dec 15 with 4772 viewsdobjack2

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 21:57 - Dec 15 by Nookiejack

it looks like the last accounts were for the period ended 31st July 2016 - so the next will be 31st July 2017 - which implies they have to hold an AGM by 31st Jan 2018 (as per Rule 31).

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Swans-Trust-Accounts-201

Yep - different route required
Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 23:55 - Dec 15 with 4736 viewswhiterock

Why don’t the Trust thave a forum in Aberdare? I’d turn up, Need a venue tho
Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 00:09 - Dec 16 with 4724 viewswhiterock

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 23:55 - Dec 15 by whiterock

Why don’t the Trust thave a forum in Aberdare? I’d turn up, Need a venue tho

Not a bad shout, any bottle?
Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 00:12 - Dec 16 with 4721 viewsswanseajack4eva

Ux - sorry, this is a non-answer.

Auditing the Trust financials is a simple task and with a few business days left before January it is hard to imagine that an auditor who has had months to conduct the work is not sure when their report will be complete.

Normal boards communicate the date of the AGM a long time in advance in order for members to be able to attend, and auditors are contracted to complete their report well in advance.

This looks like an effort to announce an AGM with a couple of days notice to prevent organised participation by many members who want to attend. Just like the "out of the blue" forum held this week.

Please can you provide a proper answer to the question. If you don't know that is OK too, and in that case please can you advise who is in control of the Trust board and able to provide an answer.

Thank you.
Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 00:15 - Dec 16 with 4719 viewswhiterock

Forum in aberdare
Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 06:05 - Dec 16 with 4690 viewsbuilthjack

I always understood that AGM,s had to have 14 clear days notice. So if a AGM is called on the 1st of a month, you then have 14 clear days, then the AGM would be on the 16th.
Am sure that those are the rules.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 08:20 - Dec 16 with 4636 viewsOutsider

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 06:05 - Dec 16 by builthjack

I always understood that AGM,s had to have 14 clear days notice. So if a AGM is called on the 1st of a month, you then have 14 clear days, then the AGM would be on the 16th.
Am sure that those are the rules.

You are right builth.

Article 34 states that notice of AGMs must be given "at least 14 clear days before the date of the meeting". It goes on to state that the notice must "indicate the business to be dealt with at the meeting", i.e. communicate the agenda.
Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 08:22 - Dec 16 with 4633 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 00:12 - Dec 16 by swanseajack4eva

Ux - sorry, this is a non-answer.

Auditing the Trust financials is a simple task and with a few business days left before January it is hard to imagine that an auditor who has had months to conduct the work is not sure when their report will be complete.

Normal boards communicate the date of the AGM a long time in advance in order for members to be able to attend, and auditors are contracted to complete their report well in advance.

This looks like an effort to announce an AGM with a couple of days notice to prevent organised participation by many members who want to attend. Just like the "out of the blue" forum held this week.

Please can you provide a proper answer to the question. If you don't know that is OK too, and in that case please can you advise who is in control of the Trust board and able to provide an answer.

Thank you.

Just because you don't like the answer doesn't make it a non answer. Such is PS though.

The AGM is about many things. The accounts need to be presented, various things to be confirmed, most relevantly the proposal for the new model rules and any other actions.

Notice would need to be given, it certainly wouldn't be 48 hours, but dates can't be fixed until other things are finalised. I've told you the most likely dates, I can't spoon feed more than that.

The timetable is pretty clear for anyone who wants to make something happen. Nobody should complain they didn't know the timings.

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 08:23 - Dec 16 with 4630 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 20:52 - Dec 15 by NeathJack

Did I?

Yup. I can't speak for the board, and you said I couldn't.

There is nothing to sign, yet. Some way from that.

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 09:04 - Dec 16 with 4613 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 08:22 - Dec 16 by Uxbridge

Just because you don't like the answer doesn't make it a non answer. Such is PS though.

The AGM is about many things. The accounts need to be presented, various things to be confirmed, most relevantly the proposal for the new model rules and any other actions.

Notice would need to be given, it certainly wouldn't be 48 hours, but dates can't be fixed until other things are finalised. I've told you the most likely dates, I can't spoon feed more than that.

The timetable is pretty clear for anyone who wants to make something happen. Nobody should complain they didn't know the timings.

From memory the Trust have to give a minimum 14 or 21 day notice for an AGM (I cannot remember which one) so notice cannot be 48 hours

Just as a reassurance for anyone who worries about it
Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 09:16 - Dec 16 with 4604 viewsswanseajack4eva

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 08:22 - Dec 16 by Uxbridge

Ux - thank you, the information from Builth and Outsider gives the answer to the question, from the Trust Model Rules. I am surprised you are saying “wouldn’t be less than 48hours” when the Trust governance document spells out the notice period.

Indeed there are obviously a number of things that need to be completed before AGMs and these are worked in in the months leading up to it. Normal boards though set the AGM date transparently and long before the legal minimum advance notice. Most board members (and definitely ones with professional occupations) who have other commitments also need to know well in advance in order to plan their calendars accordingly so they can be present.

Thank you as always for responding.
Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 15:51 - Dec 18 with 4501 viewsOutsider

To Ux (and other board members),

You said above that the AGM date "won't be confirmed for a couple of weeks" and that you would "expect a Monday in early Jan".

Has the Trust secretary set a tentative date and what is it?

It is not credible that board members do not even have a tentative date in their calendars. Ordinary Trust members also need to know the date to make sure they can be physically present at the AGM.
Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 16:06 - Dec 18 with 4483 viewsShaky

Give it a fcuking rest people.

Would you rather have some feedback or none at all?

In fact some would no doubt prefer the latter, so they can pull all their hair out or set it on fire as suits their preference.

Get a grip.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2017 16:08]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Swans Trust - what is the date of the next AGM? on 17:41 - Dec 18 with 4433 viewsexhmrc1

the trust rules clearly state that 14 clear days notice need to be provided. However given the trust board haven't followed the rule regarding members cannot serve for over 12 continuous years then I wouldn't be surprised to see this ignored as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024