Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? 12:00 - Dec 16 with 3451 viewsnantywatcher

I'm struggling to imagine what sort of player would want to join us this transfer window. Certainly no-one ambitous. Maybe a League 1 player who sees us as a stepping stone? A foreign player who other clubs have overlooked (we're useless in that department.) A quality player at the end of his career who wants a last chance?
We might have a chance with a new manager, but I just cannot imagine a decent player wanting to come within a hundred miles of the Liberty with PC at the helm. I'm not sure any amount of money is going to work in our current situation. Give me something positive to think about - please!
What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 12:19 - Dec 16 with 3439 viewsLord_Bony

You'd get a better response over on the other channel.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 12:21 - Dec 16 with 3433 viewsDarran

One that gets paid well.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 12:43 - Dec 16 with 3414 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

A player promised a % of next seasons TV money if we stay up as well as a clause allowing them to leave for nothing if we are relegated.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 12:51 - Dec 16 with 3409 viewsTummer_from_Texas

How was the situation any different last year at this time?

Then we managed to bring in 4 players who all contributed and were vital to Swanseas's survival.

They must've had no ambition though.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 13:02 - Dec 16 with 3398 viewsJoe_bradshaw

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 12:43 - Dec 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

A player promised a % of next seasons TV money if we stay up as well as a clause allowing them to leave for nothing if we are relegated.

Not quite that bad but you’re certainly thinking along the right lines there.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 13:12 - Dec 16 with 3383 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 13:02 - Dec 16 by Joe_bradshaw

Not quite that bad but you’re certainly thinking along the right lines there.

We should have been throwing millions at Allardyce for him to move here until May.

Other clubs acted quick and brought in managers proven of overachieving with woeful squads in this league.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 13:31 - Dec 16 with 3359 viewsnantywatcher

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 12:21 - Dec 16 by Darran

One that gets paid well.

That's EXACTLY what I'm worried about.
What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 13:36 - Dec 16 with 3347 viewsnantywatcher

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 12:51 - Dec 16 by Tummer_from_Texas

How was the situation any different last year at this time?

Then we managed to bring in 4 players who all contributed and were vital to Swanseas's survival.

They must've had no ambition though.

There was plenty of light at the end of the tunnel last January, I renewed by season ticket before Christmas confident we had a very good chance of staying up. At the moment (with this manager) I don't think we've got a snowball's chance in hell of staying up. Player's careers are being destroyed in front of my eyes, who would want to submit themselves to that?
Login to get fewer ads

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 14:34 - Dec 16 with 3314 viewsoldcob

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 13:36 - Dec 16 by nantywatcher

There was plenty of light at the end of the tunnel last January, I renewed by season ticket before Christmas confident we had a very good chance of staying up. At the moment (with this manager) I don't think we've got a snowball's chance in hell of staying up. Player's careers are being destroyed in front of my eyes, who would want to submit themselves to that?

Maybe a player with enough confidence in his own ability to think he'd make a difference and keep us up. Old romantic aren't I?
What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 14:54 - Dec 16 with 3295 viewsnantywatcher

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 14:34 - Dec 16 by oldcob

Maybe a player with enough confidence in his own ability to think he'd make a difference and keep us up. Old romantic aren't I?

Good for you. I wish I could be that optimistic.
What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 15:55 - Dec 16 with 3251 viewsoldcob

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 14:54 - Dec 16 by nantywatcher

Good for you. I wish I could be that optimistic.

I didn't say I thought they'd sign one Nanty.
What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 16:02 - Dec 16 with 3240 viewsmonmouth

In answer to the OP, the kind that takes you down, siphons off all your money and either has a release clause or keeps leeching until all the lifeblood is gone. Dictionary definition, Sunderland, Bolton.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 16:32 - Dec 16 with 3210 viewssP7qupUf

I'd be wary about over spending in January. I think we are doomed. I'd prefer to keep a massive amount for the summer and put a squad together that can get us straight back up rather than waste money in January, go down and then not have the resources to spend in the summer to get us back up. This is just my logic/take on it. I may be naive in believing that money will be available if we go down. In short, I'd rather have one good stab at it as I think that there are much bigger clubs than us in the Championship and unless we use the PL money and associated parachute payments well then and bounce back when we have an advantage we will never come back again. Look at Sunderland and Hull.

Will this happen/That's another matter. Just depends how much Jenkins and the Yanks want PL football really.
What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 16:55 - Dec 16 with 3184 viewsKilkennyjack

Ben Woodburn
Ethan Ampadu
(Or Dai brookes ?)

Might suit ourselves, liverpool, and chelsea.
At least they would gave a go.

Or carry on as we are ....

Beware of the Risen People

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 16:58 - Dec 16 with 3179 viewsKilkennyjack

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 16:32 - Dec 16 by sP7qupUf

I'd be wary about over spending in January. I think we are doomed. I'd prefer to keep a massive amount for the summer and put a squad together that can get us straight back up rather than waste money in January, go down and then not have the resources to spend in the summer to get us back up. This is just my logic/take on it. I may be naive in believing that money will be available if we go down. In short, I'd rather have one good stab at it as I think that there are much bigger clubs than us in the Championship and unless we use the PL money and associated parachute payments well then and bounce back when we have an advantage we will never come back again. Look at Sunderland and Hull.

Will this happen/That's another matter. Just depends how much Jenkins and the Yanks want PL football really.

Its not going to happen mucker.

They had the money in the summer and spent very little compared to the money in.
They pretty much wasted the money they did spend.

They knew this squad was in trouble from the off.

Beware of the Risen People

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 17:15 - Dec 16 with 3154 viewsnantywatcher

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 16:32 - Dec 16 by sP7qupUf

I think that's a good take on the situation. I would be mightily impressed if we acquired one good signing in the January window.
What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 18:13 - Dec 16 with 3126 viewsRancid

A creative midfielder on loan who ain't getting game time.I bet there's a few.
What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 18:23 - Dec 16 with 3117 viewsBirchgrovejack

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 16:55 - Dec 16 by Kilkennyjack

Ben Woodburn
Ethan Ampadu
(Or Dai brookes ?)

Might suit ourselves, liverpool, and chelsea.
At least they would gave a go.

Or carry on as we are ....

Can't have Ampadu unless its a permanent deal, and i cant see Chelsea selling him yet.
Woodburn would be a good shout. Would def want to come here for game time and would want to impress.
What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 20:26 - Dec 16 with 3070 viewsTummer_from_Texas

You really would LIKE to see them throw in the towel and give up in January?

We are no worse off in the table than we were this time last year.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 20:49 - Dec 16 with 3045 viewsnantywatcher

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 20:26 - Dec 16 by Tummer_from_Texas

I would say the two situations are like chalk and cheese.
Still - it's a funny old game.
What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 21:21 - Dec 16 with 3030 viewsjack247

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 20:26 - Dec 16 by Tummer_from_Texas

There are a couple of differences, we had a fairly obvious route of picking up points last year, tighten up defensively and win set pieces. Bradley wasn’t capable of doing the first part, Clement was. We now need to pick up wins without a get out of jail card.

Also Sunderland. One of the relegation slots was sewn up fairly early, doesn’t look like that’s going to happen this time, unless it’s us.

Agree with your first sentence though, it’s a very long way from being over and fans wanting to give up and save the funds to rebuild (which I doubt the owners would do anyway) absolutely baffles me.
What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 01:28 - Dec 17 with 2956 viewsLeonWasGod

What sort of player would even consider signing for us in January? on 18:13 - Dec 16 by Rancid

A creative midfielder on loan who ain't getting game time.I bet there's a few.

Clement must have some contacts. What about that rising star at Bayern who was the young player of the Euros?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024