Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Clement and England 09:44 - Dec 17 with 2007 viewscostalotta

What's this that PC nearly got the nod of Big Sam to join him in the England setup. A shame it didn't come off I guess but why spout that at this point in time? He could learn bucket loads of Sam. His teams maybe dour (ish) but they win and score more than they don't. Which of course his teams do the opposite. This PC experiment has gone far enough and is turning out like the Monk and Bradley versions. Of course this has been said many times. The yanks will begrudge firing him, HJ will not want to fire him either as it's means he's admitting picking another dud! By the biggest conman of them all, mr HJ disaster of football.

We are looking a very good bet for relegation and it's far more certain this season than last for many reasons not least our inability to score goals but primarily becuase of leadership and direction (and maybe a little bit of -too many fans allowing to happen. ) of the club. There is none. And to those who say we can't get rid of Huw, who will replace him ? I say be ph cking bold and make it happen. Be positive. Be sure and know what you want. Move the club forward and do not continue this stagnation of 4 years as it's actually moving the club backwards against the real world.

HJ out and PC out. You've both failed too many times.
Paul Clement and England on 10:30 - Dec 17 with 1952 viewsjack247

He’s a very good coach. He is a very poor manager. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Allardyce was considering him.

Yes, the experiment has failed. Dismally. Like the Monk and Bradley experiments. Leon, you’re up next.
Paul Clement and England on 10:38 - Dec 17 with 1938 viewsicecoldjack

Clement applied for the Swans job twice before apparently, and was turned down both occasions, of course what suddenly made him a viable option the third time we don't know but it was probably purely down to the fact he'd work under any condition imposed by Huw and Co.

It's clear he's a decent coach, i don't Carlo would keep him around if not, his problem is that all he's learnt is from working with absolutely top quality players, they need to learn shape to add to their talent while at the swans he learns them shape to go along with their minimal talent !

Clement has had game breakers through most of his coaching life,and the best ones at that, in 90 mins one of those stars would do something to win a game, as long as shape is good and defense is solid there is a chance, that was exactly the model that he had with Gylfi and Llorente.

Tight at the back, well coached in shape and a bit of class to break the game when needed.

He doesn't have that anymore so is a busted flush. Not really his fault, if you sell your best players then it's only a matter of time before the relegation happens, we've watched the decline for the last 3 yrs.
Paul Clement and England on 10:41 - Dec 17 with 1933 viewswhoflungdung

Clear? How

I don't see any improvement in developing the talent of Sanches ,I don't see players technical abilities any improved nor do we see any tactical appreciation sing improved

Quite clearly, an overated coach and not a manager in a million years

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Paul Clement and England on 12:10 - Dec 17 with 1880 viewsicecoldjack

Paul Clement and England on 10:41 - Dec 17 by whoflungdung

Clear? How

I don't see any improvement in developing the talent of Sanches ,I don't see players technical abilities any improved nor do we see any tactical appreciation sing improved

Quite clearly, an overated coach and not a manager in a million years

Well for a start it was clear that when he came into the club there was almost an immediate improvement in preparation,defence and shape. If you deny that then you don't understand football at all.

His biggest problem since then has been poor transfers and the selling off of top talent .

I was all for selling Cork...before i saw how poor Clucas was, so not even an upgrade there !

The sale of siggy despite what some nutters on here think, was key to us. When we sold him for how much and what to replace him with was the key to our future, we failed in almost every aspect of that, not sure how much of that was down to Clement .

For sure he's not a swans type coach and it aint Laudrup,Rodgers or Martinez football but again we must look at the playing talent and signings. There are players signed by us that have not cut it in the premier league previously but where in the past they had a technical framework to fit into that was greater than the sum of its parts now they are relied upon to be absolute prem class when they are not !

Clement hasn't helped himself at times, but thats to be expected for a young manager, the main problem is that for the last 4 seasons we've not been able to build on anything, almost starting from scratch each season as a top player goes and gets replaced with a lesser player.

We lost our advantage the moment Monk came in and tried to change us, he tried so hard to find a plan B he forgot about plan A . Since then we've pretty much been treading water waiting for the drop.

You have to be a bit moronic to lay the blame for this at Clements door, he's just the guy that was unlucky enough to take over when the cupboard was stripped completely bare !!

Remember once he found the best way to play we were in Europa league form, only thing that changed since then was another cull of talented footballers replaced with utter fookin sh1te like Clucas.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024